What are you playing?

I'm loving Kamidori right now, it's a nice change of pace from the regular VNs i've been reading. Currently in Chapter 4 right now. The story and characters are really entertaining. The RPG gameplay is also fun and can be a challenge as well which I like in a game. Overall it's good so far. :D

Isn't first H-scene in Chapter 4?

I loved Kamidori too. Sadly, a tragedy occurred and I lost all my eroges.

Anyway, my second playthrough was 78 hours and counting, while the first was 73 hours.

It's really fun.

Thanks for the reply!

I've always wanted to play Tsukihime with music. I felt that it was incomplete without it.

I'll download it some other time. Thanks again!

Yeah, there is one song in particular that really hits hard in  certain spots, it totally changes the tone of some of the scenes, it's really cool.

Isn't first H-scene in Chapter 4?

I loved Kamidori too. Sadly, a tragedy occurred and I lost all my eroges.

Anyway, my second playthrough was 78 hours and counting, while the first was 73 hours.

It's really fun.

Chapter 4 is like the opening of the h-scene flood gates. Or maybe it was chapter 5. Somewhere around there, it starts feeling like 80% of the VN scenes are h-scenes.

Chapter 4 is like the opening of the h-scene flood gates. Or maybe it was chapter 5. Somewhere around there, it starts feeling like 80% of the VN scenes are h-scenes.

I enjoyed getting the H-scenes. But sometimes, it feels as if I'm getting all the requirements just to see the H-scenes. Which I did.

I did not regret my H-scene collecting. Except Phinilly's scene. That was fucked up.

I could see Will's thing bulging from Phinilly's stomach. Holyfuck.

I'm too lewd for myself.

I enjoyed the story though. Too bad I only finished Yuela end.

Well, I don't fap to hentai, so...

Anyways, Umineko is so. FREAKING. LONG. I just finished episode 4, finally. Those first four episodes may comprise the longest VN I've read to date. It took me less time to read through rewrite or Grisaia, at as far as I can remember. And this is just half of the story. Only four more episodes to go!!!

It sounds like I'm complaining but I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I honestly can't wait to crack into Chiru. I really should have read this a while ago. It has probably become one of my top favorites.

Well, I don't fap to hentai, so...

Anyways, Umineko is so. FREAKING. LONG. I just finished episode 4, finally. Those first four episodes may comprise the longest VN I've read to date. It took me less time to read through rewrite or Grisaia, at as far as I can remember. And this is just half of the story. Only four more episodes to go!!!

It sounds like I'm complaining but I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I honestly can't wait to crack into Chiru. I really should have read this a while ago. It has probably become one of my top favorites.

Umineko is the longest VN ever made after all, even longer than "In Search of Lost Time". (and Higurashi is just slightly shorter)

Anyways, have fun with Chiru it's definitely what makes Umineko so incredible, it deepens a very large number of subjects even if there is a big change in the story's orientation. (All hail Ryukishi07, imo he was at its best when writing Lucia's route but it was too short)

And damn episode 5 has soooo much musics and they're all amazing, I reached eargasm 20 times in a row, I envy you.

Well, if you combine all 8 into one single VN then I imagine it has to be the longest ever. But the first four and last four episodes are meant to be considered separate, right? Even still, those first four episodes took me 9 days of steady reading, 5+ hours of reading per day, sometimes much more. Usually when you see >50 hours on VNDB, it's just barely scraping past 50 or is just poorly assigned. The first set of Umineko episodes blew past that and kept going, cackling all the way. 

Chiru's PS3 update patch is twice as large as the first's, I wonder if this is a sign. Will I be able to finish this before the month is over... ?

Well, if you combine all 8 into one single VN then I imagine it has to be the longest ever. But the first four and last four episodes are meant to be considered separate, right? Even still, those first four episodes took me 9 days of steady reading, 5+ hours of reading per day, sometimes much more. Usually when you see >50 hours on VNDB, it's just barely scraping past 50 or is just poorly assigned. The first set of Umineko episodes blew past that and kept going, cackling all the way. 

Chiru's PS3 update patch is twice as large as the first's, I wonder if this is a sign. Will I be able to finish this before the month is over... ?

Well I consider Umineko and Umineko Chiru to be the same, if you only take a half, I don't know if it's the longest VN ever, though.

And like Vokoca said the patch is of higher quality and there are even text boxes. Otherwise Chiru isn't really longer than the first half, same stuff I want to say.

Umineko is the longest VN ever made after all, even longer than "In Search of Lost Time". (and Higurashi is just slightly shorter)

Is Umineko that long?

Oh god, I've always thought I was a slow lazy-ass because it took me a few MONTHS to read Umineko, with some breaks and slowdowns in between. No marathoning.

If it really is the longest VN ever(all 8 episodes), that makes some sense, I guess.

I've been thinking that Umineko was 50-60 hours for so long... :P

According to TLwiki, Umineko isn't that long (40k lines for the first four chapters, 40k as well for Chiru). But I have some doubts regarding those figures, because I'm pretty sure it took me at least 100 hours to read all of Umineko, which is much more than what I would need to read 80k lines (and the text isn't that dense).

It's still definitely pretty damn long. Not sure if longest eroge ever, I'm pretty sure there's a few insanely long stuff in the untranslated stack.

Are they treating entire pages as "lines"? Either way, it doesn't particularly matter since lines can be of any length. There's also more to read time than word count. Word complexity means something, as does what the work actually asks of the reader. By the latter, I mean Umineko actively engages the reader to try to solve the mysteries for themselves and to stop and think about everything that's happening. You may not exactly be spending hour and hours agonizing over the mysteries but you will generally take longer to read it as you try to reason things out in your head. By comparison, something like Clannad asks little of the reader. You can usually easily comprehend what you're seeing and understand what's happening. This makes it a much simpler piece to read.

edit:  Why did the people responsible for the Chiru tweak patch not include name plates above the text box when someone is talking? That was a pretty nice feature of the first one's tweak patch. That's kind of a disappointing omission. 

I'm trying to read Muv Luv Alternative and Danganronpa at the same time and what happened is that I'm 2/3 of the way through with DR and still at episode 5 with MLA. 

I hope Muv Luv Alternative stops the highschool comedy bullshit somewhere along the line, because oh god they're as bland as they're in Extra just in a far more serious context. Hell... this isn't what I plodded through Extra for.

I'm trying to read Muv Luv Alternative and Danganronpa at the same time and what happened is that I'm 2/3 of the way through with DR and still at episode 5 with MLA. 

I hope Muv Luv Alternative stops the highschool comedy bullshit somewhere along the line, because oh god they're as bland as they're in Extra just in a far more serious context. Hell... this isn't what I plodded through Extra for.

You have it hard. I liked the whole thing since the beginning of extra. (Maybe not all the the crying and throwing tantrums the characters love to do, I had enough of that poppycock)

I've finished one of the routes in Tsukihime, and this game is good, but nowhere near as good as F/SN. 

I guess that's kind of an unfair comparison to make, though.

EDIT: Okay, so the gap isn't quite as wide as I made it out to be, the first route I did was just a lot weaker than the second. Arcueid's route is great.