What are you playing?

Well, it left me with mixed feelings but with hope that things will get better. The mixed feelings come from me being a bit turned off by the ridiculous over-the-top nature of the villain but I think I grew to accept it. And then that battle happened during the first twilight in episode 3 and at this point I just have no choice but to accept anything and everything they throw at me. Like that was the final blow to any lingering thoughts that this will be a sane story. It has a totally different feel from the first episode which was for the most part grounded in reality while they were trying to solve and escape from incomprehensible murders. . But I started to like the Phoenix Wright-esque debates and such. You can tell there's some PW influences, and they don't try to hide it with those dramatic cut-in CGs of battler pointing. I liked that. :P

I'm not really turned off by it. At first it was a shock and I thought things would take a bad turn because of the fantasy stuff, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit now.

I know that at first I didn't really like this aspect, it was very far from Higurashi for me, but after a while I began to really appreciate it and it became what I liked most about the VN and I enjoyed it the most after the 4th episode (even if I like the episodes 1-4 but for for the mystery than the fantasy ^^) :)

I know that at first I didn't really like this aspect, it was very far from Higurashi for me, but after a while I began to really appreciate it and it became what I liked most about the VN and I enjoyed it the most after the 4th episode (even if I like the episodes 1-4 but for for the mystery than the fantasy ^^) :)

It becomes clear pretty fast that Umineko is no Higurashi rehash, and that's what makes it so interesting, in my opinion. In fact, the most interesting thing about it might be that it gives you a completely new perspective on Higurashi once you finish the whole VN. :)

Finished Episode 3 in Umineko.

I somehow didn't see Beatrice's kindness being a trick coming. I guess I'm really naive, but maybe this is also to do with me being unfamiliar with The North Wind and the Sun. In retrospect I really should have seen it coming but it wasn't until Battler entered the Golden Land that I thought something was wrong. Everything there felt off, like it was strange they were celebrating being stuck in some alternate dimension for eternity. Then Ange crashed through out of nowhere and WHAT. Alright, sure, I guess Battler's time traveling sister has entered the picture now, I'm down with that. As if this VN couldn't get any weirder. I'm sure this is all just child's play compared to what's coming up.

And I continue to applaud the music. There is SO MUCH OF IT and it's really good! Really, it is just absurd how much music is here. They never stop introducing new tunes in dramatic or important moments at any point throughout the VN and it really adds a lot to the experience, I feel. 

I somehow didn't see Beatrice's kindness being a trick coming. I guess I'm really naive, but maybe this is also to do with me being unfamiliar with The North Wind and the Sun. In retrospect I really should have seen it coming but it wasn't until Battler entered the Golden Land that I thought something was wrong. Everything there felt off, like it was strange they were celebrating being stuck in some alternate dimension for eternity. Then Ange crashed through out of nowhere and WHAT. Alright, sure, I guess Battler's time traveling sister has entered the picture now, I'm down with that. As if this VN couldn't get any weirder. I'm sure this is all just child's play compared to what's coming up.

And I continue to applaud the music. There is SO MUCH OF IT and it's really good! Really, it is just absurd how much music is here. They never stop introducing new tunes in dramatic or important moments at any point throughout the VN and it really adds a lot to the experience, I feel. 

Hahaha, I fell for it just as much as you did! Episode 3 is actually my favourite from Rondo, and that moment has a lot to do with it. And while the weirdness will just keep coming, you can rest assured that it also all gets explained accordingly. Or at least hinted at, starting with the next episode.

And they will just keep coming! Seriously, the music never stops - and it never drops in quality. Actually, I would go as far as to say that it gets better - be ready to get your mind blown when the crazier and more awesome remix versions of tracks appear in accordance with the VN escalating in an equal manner. :D

Just a quick tip, unlike Higurashi you don't get very many answers. You get a bunch of hints, but if you just wait for the answers to be given to you'll finish the VN completely confused.

Gotten to the branching point of Lian's route and the true route for Draculius. Decided to try the former just to get it out of the way...was practically bored to the point of falling asleep by the time I reached the first ero scene, though that could be because I don't really like Lian all that much.  Here's hoping the true route's better

mmmh :wub:

Well the episode 4 is good but not amazing, sadly the first half will be one of the most slow paced thing you've ever seen in a VN. (and enjoy the discovery of a furry character, annoying as hell)

I actually like all of the character building around maria and the new character and all that. They did a good job making Maria's story simultaneously really cute and sad.

It becomes clear pretty fast that Umineko is no Higurashi rehash, and that's what makes it so interesting, in my opinion. In fact, the most interesting thing about it might be that it gives you a completely new perspective on Higurashi once you finish the whole VN. :)

That is completely true indeed it made me think about higurashi for quite a while once I finished Umineko :)

Thanks. Is it that good?

Comyu ? Well the opinions are really divided. Imo the pacing is very well handled, there's always something keeping you from boredom and making you want to continue . Also the characters are really really incredible, in both ways : charism and development.

Added to that, there are also a great bunch of themes (not overused ones, for a change) that the story discusses and deepens skillfully.