What are you playing?

Now all you need to do is continue that awesome ride with AkaGoei. :D

It's funny, all of the VNs I've read that had anything to do with them had interesting MCs. Definitely the one thing they do really well.

MCs are about 30% to 40% of a VN's overall appeal IMHO.

Now all you need to do is continue that awesome ride with AkaGoei. :D

But...I can't read Japanese, and the translation project appears to be dead... T-T

EDIT: Just finished Touka's content and ending. 

AkabeiSoft2 trolled me by refusing to show a CG of Touka's biological parents. I was totally expecting something with them in it,

buuuuut nope.

after having an up and down day, and then it gets really bad and plums to the floor with Under the Dog staff announcing that Fansubs are unprofessional and Crunchyroll is 'professional' and they're going to side with them (lol, CR professional ... ) ... yeah ... I have a lot of steam, but I'm going to let it all go and I already voiced my opinions in several comments on their latest post ... and I pulled my money out.

I'm gonna go ahead and read Hoshizora and nothing else for the rest of the evening. I want to have something fun at the very least.

Komomo-chan is a s-s-shrine maid?!

....... This made my day.

I don't get why crunchyroll, after being paid, cannot afford to update their website. The layout for their videos and comment section just look like a fossil. I can't watch videos higher than 480 on my (admittedly) old computer without massive stuttering. 

I'd understand if this was an issue everywhere, but on KissAnime I can watch full 1080p smoothly. Go figure?

Anyway this has nothing to do with VNs

I finished amane's route in grisaia

i didn't like it until amane flashback

her flashback was very good and i liked kazuki so much

i liked amane more too

and her bad end was good

but there's something i don't understand did yuuji died in the bad end ? or he still alive ?

her good end was beautiful

I finished amane's route in grisaia

i didn't like it until amane flashback

her flashback was very good and i liked kazuki so much

i liked amane more too

and her bad end was good 

but there's something i don't understand did yuuji died in the bad end ? or he still alive ?

her good end was beautiful

No, he survives in her bad end. He makes a comment about surviving another woman in his life I believe.

I don't get why crunchyroll, after being paid, cannot afford to update their website. The layout for their videos and comment section just look like a fossil. I can't watch videos higher than 480 on my (admittedly) old computer without massive stuttering. 

I'd understand if this was an issue everywhere, but on KissAnime I can watch full 1080p smoothly. Go figure?

I think it's just because they're a terrible site, and they're too focused on money to improve their users' experience.

Anyway...about halfway through Natsumi's route.  Just the harem and secret heroine to go after this, and I'm done with Sharin, and on to Sharin's fandisk.

I never heard of CR until they became a legal site. Regardless of the stupidity they got themselves into, and even from before becoming legal, they were always shit in every corner and aspect of their releases. I've always gotten my releases from fansubs directly or from major sites like BBT/Nyaa/TT (don't use TT anymore now) and I've done all my research through AniDB. They're practically the best info site on fansub details. Anyways ...

--

I'm liking Komomo and Kosame a lot. Ahh man I'm such a sucker for blondes. And their mom is a 2D hottie.

edit - so unfair ... i gotta go to sleep for work just when Hoshizora is getting so good ...

I never heard of CR until they became a legal site. Regardless of the stupidity they got themselves into, and even from before becoming legal, they were always shit in every corner and aspect of their releases. I've always gotten my releases from fansubs directly or from major sites like BBT/Nyaa/TT (don't use TT anymore now) and I've done all my research through AniDB. They're practically the best info site on fansub details. Anyways ...

--

I'm liking Komomo and Kosame a lot. Ahh man I'm such a sucker for blondes. And their mom is a 2D hottie.

edit - so unfair ... i gotta go to sleep for work just when Hoshizora is getting so good ...

I'll tell you now, Komomo's and Kosame's routes are the best I've read in Hoshimemo.  They are fantastic.  They pretty much blow the others out of the water.  I haven't played through the secret heroine's route, or Mare's, and I skipped Isuzu's route because I loathed her, but still.  Soooooo good.

Reading Katahane... not going so well

currently part 7 of Kurohana and I kind of get what's happening, but it's not really making sense in reference to the rest of the story. Does anyone know how much longer Kurohane lasts? I'm not a fan of this sort of thing, it's a wonder I got so far into it, but I feel like I've heard that it gets really good in the middle. Maybe it's just not the right vn for me. Guidance would be appreciated xD

Other than the ending is it a good route on your opinion? Because I want a good introduction to the plot in general.

For a first route its good, the ending just made me mad, however the other routes are definitely better my favorties are Shiziru and Akane

Working on Majikoi-S Kokoro and Monshiro were both really cute, Tsubame is pretty decent as well working on Margit now

Just 100%'d Sharin no Kuni.  Off to finish the fandisk, then...G-senjou!

Just a few thoughts about Sharin...spoilers, obviously...

I love Houzuki. Sure, he's a heartless bastard that treats people like trash, but he's one of the best villains I've seen in a VN. He appears to believe in the wheel country's justice system, yet he's revealed to be an utter hypocrite, and he doesn't even seem to feel bad about that. That's one of the qualities that, in my opinion, makes a good villain. They ignore their own rules whenever it suits them to, because they think they can do whatever they want. Always thought two-faced villains were great. Thought him letting Ken go was a bit anticlimactic, but whatever. Still an amazing villain.

I loved Ririko, too. She had some of the funniest lines in the entire VN. That bit about her shaping Touka into a tsundere had me laughing so hard I started tearing up. Ririko is best troll, and I love her for that.

I also really liked Natsumi's bad end. It hinted at what Houzuki went through, or at least I'm pretty sure it did. It also showed that people like Houzuki aren't born that way, they're warped into being like that, which is more realistic. 2D villains are pretty annoying, in my opinion. Didn't care too much for the other bad ends, besides Sachi's, which strongly reminded me of hitting a bad end in a "choose your own adventure" novel.

I did think that the art looked kinda wonky at some points, though.  It looked almost 2D in some instances, which I thought occurred most in the h-scenes.  Also, I hope the artists at Akabesoft2 learned how to properly draw breasts after Sharin.  They also looked pretty weird during the h-scenes.  They obviously cut some corners with them, which is understandable, considering that they wanted to also have an all-ages release at some point.  Still, kinda bugged me.

EDIT: Starting on Sachi's chapter in the fandisk.  I'm planning on saving Houzuki's chapter for last, since it's supposed to be awesome.

Just 100%'d Sharin no Kuni.  Off to finish the fandisk, then...G-senjou!

Just a few thoughts about Sharin...spoilers, obviously...

I love Houzuki. Sure, he's a heartless bastard that treats people like trash, but he's one of the best villains I've seen in a VN. He appears to believe in the wheel country's justice system, yet he's revealed to be an utter hypocrite, and he doesn't even seem to feel bad about that. That's one of the qualities that, in my opinion, makes a good villain. They ignore their own rules whenever it suits them to, because they think they can do whatever they want. Always thought two-faced villains were great. Thought him letting Ken go was a bit anticlimactic, but whatever. Still an amazing villain.

I loved Ririko, too. She had some of the funniest lines in the entire VN. That bit about her shaping Touka into a tsundere had me laughing so hard I started tearing up. Ririko is best troll, and I love her for that.

I also really liked Natsumi's bad end. It hinted at what Houzuki went through, or at least I'm pretty sure it did. It also showed that people like Houzuki aren't born that way, they're warped into being like that, which is more realistic. 2D villains are pretty annoying, in my opinion. Didn't care too much for the other bad ends, besides Sachi's, which strongly reminded me of hitting a bad end in a "choose your own adventure" novel.

I did think that the art looked kinda wonky at some points, though.  It looked almost 2D in some instances, which I thought occurred most in the h-scenes.  Also, I hope the artists at Akabesoft2 learned how to properly draw breasts after Sharin.  They also looked pretty weird during the h-scenes.  They obviously cut some corners with them, which is understandable, considering that they wanted to also have an all-ages release at some point.  Still, kinda bugged me.

Natsumi's bad end was awesome and showed exactly the point Akabei was trying to make with Houzuki.

Seeing people complain about how the breasts are drawn reminds me about what exactly visual novels are all about. 

Have you seen the way the breasts are drawn in Sharin, though?  I swear, they're almost always weird-looking, and stretched farther than is physically possible in the character's position.  I wouldn't have mentioned it, but they just looked so consistently weird  :/

Natsumi's bad end was awesome and showed exactly the point Akabei was trying to make with Houzuki.

Yaaaaay, I didn't read into things too much!  Thought they had to be making a very specific point with her bad end, otherwise it would've just been pointless.

Have you seen the way the breasts are drawn in Sharin, though?  I swear, they're almost always weird-looking, and stretched farther than is physically possible in the character's position.  I wouldn't have mentioned it, but they just looked so consistently weird  :/

Seeing as I skip over them, I wouldn't know.

Seeing as I skip over them, I wouldn't know.

Ahhh.  Well, they're weird.  Like, "the artists need to learn how gravity applies to various body parts in certain situations" weird.  Only VN that I've read so far that was like that.

The lack of text wrapping or menu translation in the fandisk is bumming me out.  I think I got spoiled with Sharin and Grisaia <_<

EDIT: I just can't do it.  The lack of text wrapping and proper grammar is really bothering me, for some reason.  I'll have to read Sharin's fandisk later; switching to G-senjou for now.

EDIT x2: Well, I'm just starting G-senjou, and I immediately realized that Tsubaki's voice actress, Sumire Murasakibana, is the same voice actress that voiced Touka's lines in Sharin.  Knew it the second I heard her voice.  Guess Akabesoft2 is partial to her.

EDIT x2: Well, I'm just starting G-senjou, and I immediately realized that Tsubaki's voice actress, Sumire Murasakibana, is the same voice actress that voiced Touka's lines in Sharin.  Knew it the second I heard her voice.  Guess Akabesoft2 is partial to her.

Enjoy G-senjou. It was my first visual novel and it got me interested with the medium. It's certainly not the best VN and it falls short in some areas, but I do wish I could experience reading it for the first time again.

WHAT I never realized that.

Sometimes I'm so ignorant about obvious things.

Me too, I feel so dumb sometimes. At least i was able to notice that Kagome's voice in comyu and Yumiko's voice in grisaia is done by the same VA.

It helps when you read them back to back. Make it easier to distinguish. Nothing to really feel dumb about, given it's a voice in a language you don't understand.