What are you playing?

Gonna play Fate/Night soon so i'm just wondering should I use a walkthrough or play it blind, you know cause of how long it is.

I'm trying to gun for 100% on the whole story, you know like get all the endings both bad and good so what should I do.

I'd highly recommend using a guide, or saving every time you make a choice.  There are so many times where you can die I don't even remember the total number; I'm guessing you'll add on a few more hours from getting bad ends, playing through them all the way, then reloading and picking the right one.

Start without a guide for f/sn IMO. when asked about the tiger dojo when you hit bad ends, accept; it's a silly hint corner. It's very possible to complete f/sn without a walkthrough, and I think it might actually add to the experience.

#opinons

It does, but if you want to get through the story as efficiently as possible, a guide is reeeeaaaaaally helpful.  If you want to experience everything in one go, and don't care about time management, then by all means, don't use a walkthrough.  I'm just lazy, and like to keep the story moving at a decent pace without a lot of interruptions, that's why I used a walkthrough.

Just passed the part where I could have locked into Makina's route...soooo depressing...

I mean, I know some wealthy parents do that to their kids, but geez, she's pretty screwed up.

Seriously I thought you were talking about this: http://www.zerochan.net/835246#full

Same character name, presumably the same circumstances, and the same mentally speaking. On topic, I ran out of steam in Midori no Umi about half way through. After you finish one of the more revealing endings or the true ending, there isn't really a compelling to go through the other routes except to learn about the characters. The general scenario is revealed and the while the method of resolution varies appropriately, they spend too little time on it. The remaining routes are like books on a bookshelf, just there if you are curious and are willing to spend the time.

Gonna play Fate/Night soon so i'm just wondering should I use a walkthrough or play it blind, you know cause of how long it is.

I'm trying to gun for 100% on the whole story, you know like get all the endings both bad and good so what should I do.

I highly recommend going without a guide, using a walkthrough would just ruin all the fun the choices present. Just make sure to save often - there is a LOT of bad ends, but each one comes with an (often hilarious) hint corner, which tells you exactly what you did wrong, eliminating the need of a guide completely. Plus, if you watch all the hints, something cool happens~

There is a nice flowchart out there if you really hate choices for some reason, but yeah-- using a guide takes away from what VNs are all about, in my opinion.

:D Anyway, it seems as if I am in Tsuki's route already, unless the common route focuses on her a lot. Her route or not, I'm really liking the backstory. :)

I hate her.  She didn't go full dere even in her route.  <_<

Playing Tiny Dungeon series now. Bell is so damn adorable even from deredere heroine's standard.

Well, I don't know how I got there, but I've finished Tsuki's route in AkaGoei. It's pretty funny, since I really liked her character. Loved the route, the climax was some really dark stuff, I really liked the twist. Well, onto the other routes, I guess! Even though I have absolutely no idea how-- this will be fun. :D

Episode 2 of Umineko here I come.

Hopefully there's more blood :D

Hahaha, you have no idea... :D

Well, I don't know how I got there, but I've finished Tsuki's route in AkaGoei. It's pretty funny, since I really liked her character. Loved the route, the climax was some really dark stuff, I really liked the twist. Well, onto the other routes, I guess! Even though I have absolutely no idea how-- this will be fun. :D

Tsuki was my first route as well. It was quite suffocating route, ha. ha. haaa...

Just started Tae's route in AkaGoei. I think I'll do Aya next, then Reika and leave Moe for last, as suggested.

Also those robot jokes are getting so out of hand I'm starting to think they aren't jokes at all. :D

----

Played some more of her route... uuu, she's so cute. I usually find these characters annoying, but Tae definitely has her cute moments. :D Although her inability to write kanji properly wasn't even funny, because my kanji finals will look even worse than that. :D

Playing Key's Rewrite, 3 routes done. ...Not impressed thus far, story's a bit messy and incohesive.  -_-

Which is exactly why WE NEED JUN MAEDA! T_T

I hope you saved Akane's route for last at least. I wish I was there to tell you the recommended route order before you started but meh, Rewrite is still immensely enjoyable even if you don't go through the story the optimal way for maximum enjoyment.

Just started Tae's route in AkaGoei.

Robot and talking animals stuff are the things I didn't like about Akagoei. I mean, c'mon, it's a serious game, that ridiculous stuff is totally out of place. Well, that's why I wasn't able to enjoy Tae's route.

Thanks god the second game got rid of these things.

I hope you saved Akane's route for last at least. I wish I was there to tell you the recommended route order before you started but meh, Rewrite is still immensely enjoyable even if you don't go through the story the optimal way for maximum enjoyment.

Oops... Akane was my third route. I started with Lucia, which I think is the best written so far. Anyway, I doubt there's hardly an optimal sequence since these routes are much too different. I would still be scratching my head to how little I know regardless of which routes I start off with.  :wacko:

I'm enjoying it though, I'm just sort of underwhelmed by it's quality. 

Oops... Akane was my third route. I started with Lucia, which I think is the best written so far. Anyway, I doubt there's hardly an optimal sequence since these routes are much too different. I would still be scratching my head to how little I know regardless of which routes I start off with.  :wacko:

I'm enjoying it though, I'm just sort of underwhelmed by it's quality. 

No, there is an optimal sequence, with slight flexibility. Lucia's can either be second or fourth, just that Shizuru's route should follow after Chihaya's, Kotori first and Akane last. I'm going to assume you're underwhelmed by the quality because you don't really know what's going on.

Kotori > Chihaya > Shizuru > Lucia > Akane

I'm posting the reasoning in spoilers so if you haven't played the route, you can opt out of reading the reason and not be spoiled.

Kotori's route

serves as an introduction to everything and to Gaia

Chihaya's route

provides more information about Gaia and information that is relevant to routes further down the line

Shizuru's route

serves as an introduction to Guardian and is enhanced by information learned during Chihaya's route

Lucia's route

provides another side to Guardian, plus the romance is a nice change of pace from the last two routes

Akane's route

an in depth look into Gaia. There's another reason but that would be spoilers