What are you playing?

I'm king of forcing my way into Cross+Channel at the moment. I don't like the character designs or the MC so far, but since I've just read a few scenes, I can't really judge it yet. I have no doubts it gets better later on, just need to get to that point.

Other than that, I'm making my way through Kimi ga Nozomu Eien at a snail's pace. Originally picked up the VN just so I could avoid the anime and go straight for Hayase (dat MLA influence), but they're making the Takayuki x Suzumiya pairing so damn adorable that I can't even stick to the original plan anymore. The VN is nice so far, though everything was going too nicely for some time... I expect something horrible to happen really soon, probably the main crux of the story, which almost makes me scared to continue reading. :D

Man I wish I could forget everything about LB! and replay it again. You have a lot to look forward to, I would go as far as to say that there are some things that hit even harder than Clannad. :)

I can only compare Little Busters to Rewrite since that's the only other Key VN I've finished. I have to say that they both hit me very hard but for different reasons.

Not really a spoiler but sticking it in one just in case:

I'm a sucker for characters who sacrifice themselves for others. And boy does Key know how to portray this aspect.

I'm definitely seconding the whole, "forget everything and replay it" wish.

I can only compare Little Busters to Rewrite since that's the only other Key VN I've finished. I have to say that they both hit me very hard but for different reasons.

Not really a spoiler but sticking it in one just in case:

I'm a sucker for characters who sacrifice themselves for others. And boy does Key know how to portray this aspect.

I'm definitely seconding the whole, "forget everything and replay it" wish.

I'm with you on that one! The final route in Rewrite is simply wonderful. It was so good that it'd probably leave me depressed for quite some time, if it wasn't for that equally genius secret ending. :D

Man I wish I could forget everything about LB! and replay it again. You have a lot to look forward to, I would go as far as to say that there are some things that hit even harder than Clannad. :)

Saying things like this dost make me wish I could replay old VNs and feel like it's fresh out of the oven. :( That first time...

Just finished Momoyo's After Story in Majikoi S. Decent overall, much like the rest of them; out of all the after stories in S I'd say the best one I've played so far is Chris' mainly because that has funnier moments. I must say though what feeling of accomplishment I have from hearing that nice ED music and seeing the "clear" stamp  appear was completely overshadowed by seeing Miyako's After Story not cleared and knowing I still have to wait. :(

Fully completed Akatsuki no Goei ~Tsumibukaki Shuumatsuron~, there is a lot more routes in this game than I expected lol. I have some complains here and there. But overall the game was superb. The comedy was funny, the action was trilling, the philosophical stuff was interesting, the dark stuff was dark.

The ending where protag returns to the forbidden zone was the most interesting part. The soundtrack is great and the art is nothing to complain about. Been a while since a vn has captivated me like this. I have been itching to read this vn for 2 years now. So it feels nice to complete it hehe.

Not sure what do play now... Either some not finished vn or fix the install of DDC/try to get ruitomo to work again.

Edit: Got DDC to work.

So I just finished Haruka's route and i'm so fuckin pissed ...

Oh my god !

what the heck was that script.

So before I start bashing this let me say that I did like Haruka and that she is the only character who's personnaily and psycologic background made any sense.

So this is the story :
"Helloooow, do you know us ? Yes it's us, the retarded Familiy !
And since we are a retarded family me make up retarded rules like, i dunno 1 woman having 2 husbands (yeah sounds retarded enough). Oh and yeah since we are the retarded family we are completely astonished that one day someone will not like this rule (WUUUUUUT ?!).
So we decide to punish them.
And because we are the retarded family we decide to punish the children cause' like everyone knows it's the childrens fault right ? (right?).
So we pick one of them to shit on it, and because we are kinda retarded, we shit on the other one and rule them bye hiting them.
Cause we - in the retarded family are pro to handling problems like that.

So now for the parents (yeah the 3 of them), i'd like to call them sheeps. Cause, yeah they got pissed on by the family and it's okay.
And cuz they so smart, we decide that to help solve the problem, we say nothing.
Because that's a well known fact ! Say nothing and your problems will go away.
Also hit your enemy, he'll become your friend (n°1 solution to your problems)

And hi, i'm the sister who got 'chosen', yeah, i got told that i shouldn't deal with my sister who's 'trash' but, since i'm a little bit stupid i'll start bullying her, oh yeah and since the entire school is crowed with no brain, we'll approve 100% the bullying (even in the association who's there to make sure the rules are respected there is bullying ! isn't that nice !).

Oh and yeah Heteropaternal superfecundation !?!?
Did the guy who make the scenario just find the random word in a dictionnary and think ... yeah ... i'll totaly make a story around this 'caus this sounds compicated and it'll totally blow their minds."

Man ...
I did Kurugaya and Komari's route and they were good.
But this one oh my god, I face palmed during every single explanation.
Of course your gonna make any script with such stupid characters.

Anyway ... sorry, I'm just really upset by this route.

Haruka is a really nice character though, her route is just a shame.

I almost cried at some point but then came the scenario ...

Fully completed Akatsuki no Goei ~Tsumibukaki Shuumatsuron~, there is a lot more routes in this game than I expected lol. I have some complains here and there. But overall the game was superb. The comedy was funny, the action was trilling, the philosophical stuff was interesting, the dark stuff was dark.

The ending where protag returns to the forbidden zone was the most interesting part. The soundtrack is great and the art is nothing to complain about. Been a while since a vn has captivated me like this. I have been itching to read this vn for 2 years now. So it feels nice to complete it hehe.

Not sure what do play now... Either some not finished vn or fix the install of DDC/try to get ruitomo to work again.

Edit: Got DDC to work.

Oh, you made me really interested now. Was it a difficult read?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmpgbb6b3Wc

The anime was great, but the VN was still better (as if anyone had any doubts) plus there's a few scenes from the VN that aren't in the anime. ;)

This video gave a meaning to my life.

So I just finished Haruka's route and i'm so fuckin pissed ...

Oh my god !

what the heck was that script.

So before I start bashing this let me say that I did like Haruka and that she is the only character who's personnaily and psycologic background made any sense.

So this is the story :

"Helloooow, do you know us ? Yes it's us, the retarded Familiy !

And since we are a retarded family me make up retarded rules like, i dunno 1 woman having 2 husbands (yeah sounds retarded enough). Oh and yeah since we are the retarded family we are completely astonished that one day someone will not like this rule (WUUUUUUT ?!).

So we decide to punish them.

And because we are the retarded family we decide to punish the children cause' like everyone knows it's the childrens fault right ? (right?).

So we pick one of them to shit on it, and because we are kinda retarded, we shit on the other one and rule them bye hiting them.

Cause we - in the retarded family are pro to handling problems like that.

So now for the parents (yeah the 3 of them), i'd like to call them sheeps. Cause, yeah they got pissed on by the family and it's okay.

And cuz they so smart, we decide that to help solve the problem, we say nothing.

Because that's a well known fact ! Say nothing and your problems will go away.

Also hit your enemy, he'll become your friend (n°1 solution to your problems)

And hi, i'm the sister who got 'chosen', yeah, i got told that i shouldn't deal with my sister who's 'trash' but, since i'm a little bit stupid i'll start bullying her, oh yeah and since the entire school is crowed with no brain, we'll approve 100% the bullying (even in the association who's there to make sure the rules are respected there is bullying ! isn't that nice !).

Oh and yeah Heteropaternal superfecundation !?!?

Did the guy who make the scenario just find the random word in a dictionnary and think ... yeah ... i'll totaly make a story around this 'caus this sounds compicated and it'll totally blow their minds."

Man ...

I did Kurugaya and Komari's route and they were good.

But this one oh my god, I face palmed during every single explanation.

Of course your gonna make any script with such stupid characters.

Anyway ... sorry, I'm just really upset by this route.

Haruka is a really nice character though, her route is just a shame.

I almost cried at some point but then came the scenario ...

I'm sorry but a lot of this anger is unjustified in my opinion, specifically being angry at everyone except the family itself.

The Disciplinary Committee (even though it IS stupidly harsh) had an understandable reason why they didn't believe Haruka's side of the story and wasn't really bullying Haruka (Futaki was though). She's been a known trouble maker throughout her school life. They're not right for assuming the worse of her but their reasons are justified to a point. Logically speaking, you wouldn't trust someone when you know that they've lied numerous times in the past right?

Futaki's decision making is also understandable, again to a certain degree. It was either choose to follow their rules and get "everything she wanted" or become like Haruka. The decision was obvious especially given that she was a mere kid when that decision was forced onto her.

This following statement might not actually be true: I vaguely recall that at some point, the family was actually thinking of killing off Haruka, but due to something Futaki did, they changed their mind.

Disregarding the truth of that last statement, once Futaki spoke her side of the story, its obvious she didn't want to obey the family either, but who would willing go against the family after knowing full well what they're capable of? It took Haruka and I guess by extension Riki, to give Futaki the courage to finally stand against the family.

In my opinion, it was obvious that Futaki was the one born to Saigusa Shou but the parents (and Shou) didn't say anything because:

Once Haruka found out, she would hate the fact that she was put through years of "unjustified" suffering (not that the whole business with the family was justified to begin with anyway but I digress) and once the family knew, Futaki would be subjected to the same treatment as Haruka, if not worse for lying to the family the entire time. Shou finally was willing to tell them the truth once he saw that Futaki and Haruka knew what they were asking of him.

In short, hate the family, tolerate everyone else. Route contained ideas and themes to be hated (Child abuse, bullying, nightmarish traditions), but the writer himself/herself shouldn't be hated just to because he/she writes about such ideas and themes.

I'm sorry but a lot of this anger is unjustified in my opinion, specifically being angry at everyone except the family itself.

The Disciplinary Committee (even though it IS stupidly harsh) had an understandable reason why they didn't believe Haruka's side of the story and wasn't really bullying Haruka (Futaki was though). She's been a known trouble maker throughout her school life. They're not right for assuming the worse of her but their reasons are justified to a point. Logically speaking, you wouldn't trust someone when you know that they've lied numerous times in the past right?

Futaki's decision making is also understandable, again to a certain degree. It was either choose to follow their rules and get "everything she wanted" or become like Haruka. The decision was obvious especially given that she was a mere kid when that decision was forced onto her.

This following statement might not actually be true: I vaguely recall that at some point, the family was actually thinking of killing off Haruka, but due to something Futaki did, they changed their mind.

Disregarding the truth of that last statement, once Futaki spoke her side of the story, its obvious she didn't want to obey the family either, but who would willing go against the family after knowing full well what they're capable of? It took Haruka and I guess by extension Riki, to give Futaki the courage to finally stand against the family.

In my opinion, it was obvious that Futaki was the one born to Saigusa Shou but the parents (and Shou) didn't say anything because:

Once Haruka found out, she would hate the fact that she was put through years of "unjustified" suffering (not that the whole business with the family was justified to begin with anyway but I digress) and once the family knew, Futaki would be subjected to the same treatment as Haruka, if not worse for lying to the family the entire time. Shou finally was willing to tell them the truth once he saw that Futaki and Haruka knew what they were asking of him.

In short, hate the family, tolerate everyone else. Route contained ideas and themes to be hated (Child abuse, bullying, nightmarish traditions), but the writer himself/herself shouldn't be hated just to because he/she writes about such ideas and themes.

During the disciplinary comittee meeting, Riki gets beaten up (or hit more precisely) for trying to defend Haruka whi was getting picked on PUBLICLY by Futaki. And the members were like : "Meh, yeah totally deserved"

And Futaki did not have any particular reason for making Haruka's life more of a nightmare than it actually was.

And the whole idea of bullying her to help her ... what ?

How can that be a good idea in any shape or form ?

I do understand that Futaki did not live a happy life at all, but not once in the story was the bullying justified. It was just plain cruelty and was accepted by anyone in the school.

I know Haruka is a trouble maker and had a really bad reputation among the students. But does that justify bullying? In this school it seems it does.

And I did hate on the familly.

I'm just not happy about the scenario, because it doesn't make any sense. There's an extent to which you have to use a little logic. When you make a situation you have to make sure everything is not totally unlikely to happen that way. They way any side character in that route acted didn't make any sense to me.

About the parents now, your explanation does make sense. The sisters must first reconcile before knowing the truth so this war for a place in the family would end.

So thanks to you there are 3 characters i'm not mad about anymore ^^.

Yumina the Ethereal. It has some good things, but damn the fights are tedius. It started really interesting but then... eh, I don't know. It might me just me cuz' I get home really tired and not at my 100% concentration. And playing Suikogaiden Vol 2  Duel at Crystal Valley.

Other then that... hmm, does Violated Hero 3 count? XD

I need your recommendation ! Which one should i play first?

- Yosuga No Sora

- Fortune Arterial

- Rewrite

- Steins;Gate

Please give me your words!

I haven't played the first two, but if I had to choose between Steins;Gate and Rewrite I'd pick Steins;Gate. And then do Rewrite immediately afterwards. :P

Currently Grisaia, just finished Utawarerumono a few days ago. Utawarerumono was pretty good, better than Chaos;Head anyways, but not up there with FSN and G Senjo. I actually really got into the gameplay aspect of it, despite its simple srpg nature. The ending was probably my biggest issue, as it seemed... to leave a lot to the imagination. That and the game kinda throwing routes at you (as much as I liked her I'm looking at you Karura).

Speaking of which... I gotta say, there are a ton of similarities between Grisaia and G Senjou no Maou. Maybe it's just cause my visual novel repitory is small (this will be my 6th vn), but I mean come on... an internet bad guy named Maou (Mao in Grisaia), the branching route per story progression formula, the kkk-esque meeting, the almost antihero protag with a shady past. I've caught myself several times referring to Yumiko as Haru on accident...

Not that any of that is a bad thing, just interesting. Definitely enjoying the game so far, locked into Makina's route after marathoning the game at like 4am this morning~

Either going for Muv Luv (original), Sharnoth, or another RPG like VN next. Want to try LB! But... I want them h-scenes, and the ecstasy version is a can of worms I lack the patience to deal with atm.

During the disciplinary comittee meeting, Riki gets beaten up (or hit more precisely) for trying to defend Haruka whi was getting picked on PUBLICLY by Futaki. And the members were like : "Meh, yeah totally deserved"

And Futaki did not have any particular reason for making Haruka's life more of a nightmare than it actually was.

And the whole idea of bullying her to help her ... what ?

How can that be a good idea in any shape or form ?

I do understand that Futaki did not live a happy life at all, but not once in the story was the bullying justified. It was just plain cruelty and was accepted by anyone in the school.

I know Haruka is a trouble maker and had a really bad reputation among the students. But does that justify bullying? In this school it seems it does.

And I did hate on the familly.

I'm just not happy about the scenario, because it doesn't make any sense. There's an extent to which you have to use a little logic. When you make a situation you have to make sure everything is not totally unlikely to happen that way. They way any side character in that route acted didn't make any sense to me.

About the parents now, your explanation does make sense. The sisters must first reconcile before knowing the truth so this war for a place in the family would end.

So thanks to you there are 3 characters i'm not mad about anymore ^^.

I have some thoughts on what you've said, though please forgive me if i'm mistaken on anything. It's been a long time since I played Little Busters! so many of the details are hazy in my mind.

Another big part of what happened has to do with Japanese culture. Older, more prestigious families especially treat the family as their everything and whatever the head of the family says goes. If you bring shame to your family you take whatever punishment they choose to deal out.

Twins are considered unlucky because they can cause conflict over who takes over the responsibility for the family later on. Choosing one twin to pamper and sending the other away (or killing them) isn't a new idea in Japanese fiction (or non-fiction, I suppose). You could consider the bullying one twin's way of attempting to overcome the guilt they have over how their twin was treated. If they adopt their family's policy that the other twin is worthless and meant to be shunned then that absolves them of any negative feelings. No, it's not right or good but there is logic in there somewhere.

As for the bullying...if the teachers don't actually see it then there's nothing they can do about it. Many anime and VNs portray disciplinary committees as all-powerful/corrupt and this is simply another example of that. I mean, even if their wrongdoings were reported, would the teachers believe a frequent troublemaker or the duly appointed disciplinary committee? If I remember correctly (and it's entirely possible that I don't), the family involved was yakuza. Another point to consider is that no one wanted to cross the daughter/heir of a yakuza family and so that's why it was all left alone.

Playing Kirakira and there's one thing that pisses me off. Shikanosuke refers to Kirari's hair as black.

12956.jpg

DOES THIS LOOK BLACK???

Yeah they do that in Period as well. Must have been a case where the art came after the script writing and not strictly following it. Artists doing whatever they want :)

Busy enjoying Grisaia no Kajitsu,,,

Well i have atleast found my Favorite VN character , that being Michiru from playing this Vn, but going through her route..well my opinion on the Main Character guy, really has plummeted. i mean, hes so clueless that it starting to hurt my SocialPhobia Ugh..Anyway still enjoying the Tsunderish Tsundere atleast.

Edit: Also lately i have felt that

Michiru has started to leave the "Tsundere" route and started to head towards the "Yandere" route xD...like this line "Don't.....get too friendly with the other girls. all right?" .... also there was another line i cant remember right now...Aswell as the fact that she hardly sleeps to get herself ready for Yuuji.