What are you playing?

14 hours ago, adamstan said:

I started with Sora, since she was first both in the walkthrough, and on choices list ;) I'm still somewhere around the first half of the route, I guess (just reached the first kiss ;) ), but I'm loving it so far. Sora is so cute :abilove:

Yeah, Sora's great! She's my favorite aside from Rikka. I still find this kissing CG (that I think I've already posted here at some point) of her hilariously awkward, but I can't quite remember if it was from the first kiss scene you mentioned.

15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I still find this kissing CG (that I think I've already posted here at some point) of her hilariously awkward, but I can't quite remember if it was from the first kiss scene you mentioned.

No, it was later,

Spoiler

when Sora came to Ryousuke's home

I read that scene just a few minutes ago ;)

Spoiler

And now I'm at condom buying scene - quite hilarious with Ryousuke trying to be all stealthy :D

Edited by adamstan

Finished some more VN's so I guess it's about time for an update.

42590.jpg

First is Summer Pockets which I just finished a few days ago. Reflection Blue wasn't out yet when I started reading, and I didn't want to switch inbetween, so I've only read the vanilla version so far. Overall, it was a rather fluffy moege with one of the most likable heroine casts I've seen in a Key VN so far. Usually there are few hits but also some misses for me, but here I liked all of the 4 heroines with routes. It's also the first time that the actual main heroine (Shiroha) was also my favorite. Granted, that was also the case for Angel Beats, but I just watched the anime for that.

Admittedly, the likable character cast might also have something to do with the nice visuals, since it's probably the best looking Key game to date. At least regarding the character designs. It might be worth noting that they had several character designers. Ao was clearly stolen from Izumi Tsubasu - Palette's main artist. I recognize her character designs from miles away. But also the other artists did a good job. Na-Ga in particular certainly improved a lot since his early times with Key. Just the backgrounds felt a bit more uneven though, with some of them looking rather cheaply made.

Music was okay, but I think earlier Key works had more memorable soundtracks. Still on the good side though.

That said, there were still some things that were bugging me (like usual). First, the writing was frequently a bit hit and miss. Especially the lewd jokes felt a bit too much at times. While Ao was mostly still on the okayish side, Shizuku frequently felt like she was a cheap hentai chick from Boob Wars. The level of sexism towards her character reached almost misogynic levels at times (nickname 'Boobies'?!?) which I frankly found inappropriate for a Key novel. Ryouchi's stripping fetish also got old pretty fast. Still not entirely sure if he's supposed fan-service for female readers or just a plain joke character.

Something I'm also a bit irritated about is its nakige tag. While I do think it's a decent moege, the nakige parts at the end of each route felt a bit short compared to the rather extensive slice-of-life and comedy parts. That's not to say they were bad and it's certainly not about the addition of pointless melodrama. I just wished they sticked with the more serious mood a bit longer and went a bit deeper into the actual mysteries.

Which brings us to the actual 'true' routes that were supposed to shed some light into the events... (Warning: Incoming mini rant!)

So, let's start with Alka - the first of the after routes. First, it tells a lot about the effort put into a route, if literally 50% of it are straight up copy & paste from one of the heroine routes. And to add insult to injury, the other half felt pretty much like a baby-phone recording.

Spoiler

Seriously, what did they do to Umi?! They turned the bright and funny character from the main part into an ultra annoying crybaby. If they wanted her to loose it, then they should have given her an actual development and not just come up with a lame copy of her. Kanon did that way better with the fox girl 20 years ago.
And Umi searching for a mom character if she's living with the most mom-like character in 100 km radius with Kyouko? Seriously?! The whole parent relationship just didn't fit, which also has something to do with the unfitting ages for them. And besides some noted similarities in appearance, Umi and Shiroha didn't give the slightest fuck for each other in the main routes. And Hairi's relationship was always more on the big brotherly side anyway.

Overall, the whole route felt so unnatural and forced that it was almost creepy to read. Just not in a good and exciting way of creepiness. I ended up just skipping a lot of it...

Fortunately, the final Pocket route was a better. It was still rather short and didn't add a lot of meat to the story, but at least it was way less annoying to read than Alka and also didn't just copy & paste half of its content. While it did highlight the relationship of certain characters, it still kept major things too vague or not explained at all. Most of the relevation seemed about stuff that wasn't even a thing in the main routes.

Spoiler

So, what was the precise scientific explanation again for teddy bears turning into cute loli girls?!?

As a short sidenote, the VN actually reminded me more of Da Capo 2 than other key VN's. The whole island theme with mysterious phenomenons affecting the heroines ; the location structure at the start to decide which heroine to go for ; two sidekicks instead of just one. There were a lot of similarities. Just that Da Capo 2 explained its themes way better, had overall more substance and was actually a real nakige and not just a moege. That said, its heroine cast was more uneven. Summer Pockets really shines in that regard.

Okay, after the bashing, some more compliments again. Regarding the parent & family theme the VN tries so hard to force in its after routes, it did a way better job in the actual main parts about that. The interaction between Kyouko, Hairi and Umi felt very natural and heart warming. Kyouko was a very well written adult character with a strong parent role. And Umi also wasn't just another loli to ****.

Heroine ranking: Shiroha > Ao > Tsumugi > Kamome

Overall rating: 7/10

Actually, after Alka I was very close to rating it down to 6.5, but after some time to vent and considering I read and enjoyed all the heroine routes to some degree, I think a 7 is fair. Just wished it had a bit more substance. The high rating on VNDB is a bit puzzling in that regard. Though, it includes Reflection Blue that might have improved some things. At least I hope it's more that than just blatant Key fanboyism.

Hm, the review got a bit longer than I thought. Guess I'll stop here now and make a separate post for the two other two VN's I've finished in the meantime (well, one of them just dropped). They'll get shorter reviews anyway.

Edited by ChaosRaven

4 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:
Spoiler

Seriously, what did they do to Umi?! They turned the bright and funny character from the main part into an ultra annoying crybaby. If they wanted her to loose it, then they should have given her an actual development and not just come up with a lame copy of her.

Seeing how it surprised you, I guees you played each route using the save from first branching point rather than starting everytime from scratch?

Spoiler

That makes the crucial difference, since that way you miss Umi's gradual decay at each playthrough - including her behaviour in common route. If you started from the "New Game" every time, you'd see her slowly loosing it, with her state in Alka being just the final stage.

FWIW I also played vanilla version (without RB), but I rated it at 8.5

*****************************************************************************************

And as for my reading - today I finished Sora's route in Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

I don't know how it compares to other routes yet, but on its own it was simply amazing and heartwarming - I loved every bit of it :abilove:

Edited by adamstan

42 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Seeing how it surprised you, I guees you played each route using the save from first branching point rather than starting everytime from scratch?

Spoiler

Nope, I actually started each route from scratch. And I don't really remember her 'decaying'. Actually, I'm pretty sure that several text passages were almost exactly the same and I was pretty annoyed that they were tagged a unread. Though, it took me months to finish it, so if it's just about small details, I might have missed it. Nevertheless, even if there was a slight decline, it was certainly not even close to the state she was in Alka.

Edited by ChaosRaven

23 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:
Spoiler

Actually, I'm pretty sure that several text passages were almost exactly the same and I was pretty annoyed that they were tagged a unread. Though, it took me months to finish it, so if it's just about small details, I might have missed it. Nevertheless, even if there was a slight decline, it was certainly not even close to the state she was in Alka.

Spoiler

Maybe it's because of that time - did you take long breaks between the routes? I clearly remember her becoming more and more childish and clumsy after each cycle. But it also might be that we just perceive those things differently.

Edited by adamstan

21 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Hide contents

Maybe it's because of that time - did you take long breaks between the routes? I clearly remember her becoming more and more childish and clumsy after each cycle.

Certainly possible. I'm getting bored pretty fast, especially from pure slice of life. So I'm reading like 4 - 5 different VN's at the same time to get some more variety. That takes its toll on the finishing time.

Edited by ChaosRaven

So, another short review of a VN I've recently finished...

28124.jpg

Sanoba Witch was a bit of a gap in my list of Yuzusoft VN's. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant about this one from the start. And I should be right. They went with a real hentai plot this time. It's supposed to be about witches, but it's more about the characters being given some kind of geass or trial to overcome to gain something. And during that time they have to do 'stupid things' so to say. Like Tsumugi - the resident boob-loli - having to wear the cloths of a guy. That might have been still okay, however...

The Top offender was certainly Nene, the supposed main heroine. In principle a nice character - if she wouldn't have to jerk off every five minutes. And naturally, her witch dress could be straight out taken from a sex shop. I'm certainly not opposed to the sexy witch trope, but the whole thing was just to embarass her anyway. It got old pretty fast and was more annoying that anything else. Tsumugi and Touko also didn't really click with me. While I didn't dislike them, they felt more like side characters. They were just not particular interesting or appealing.

What saved the VN for me was Meguru. She's some kind of nerd girl, full into games like 'MonHun' and had some really funny interactions with the protagonist. She wasn't directly affected by the witch powers (fortunately) and her worries were more about making friends and integrating into school. She also had good chemistry with Nene and the trio of her, Nene and the protagonist gave me very good friendship vibes. And one of the best things about her route was that Nene suddenly stopped jerking off every five minutes and turned normal. No idea why, but it was certainly a huge relief, because she was otherwise a nice and likable character.

This was the only route I finished. Tsumugi and Touko didn't really interest me and Nene's route would have turned without any doubt into a sex fest. An I don't really read Yuzusoft VN's for that.

Heroine ranking: Meguru > Nene >> Tsumugi >Touko

Overall rating: 6.5/10

Probably the weakest Yuzusoft I've read so far, both in regards of plot and characters, saved mainly by the cheerful Meguru.

Edited by ChaosRaven

And yet another one I dropped...

32712.jpg

The last VN on my list is Amayui Castle Meister, which I unfortunatly didn't finish, but just dropped somewhere around chapter 5 I think. This VN has some major problems, and also a few peculiarities that can massively affect its enjoyment depending on the expectations of the reader.

Let's talk first about its peculiartities. This VN is all about Fia, a goddess and sole main heroine. After the protagonist accidentally awakens her at the beginning, he becomes her dedicated slave disciple. This is the first Eushully VN I've read, where you have no choice on which main heroine to choose. Considering the rather large cast of side heroines the protagonist usually gets involved anyway, this might seem meaningless, but at least for me it's still an important choice to make.
Now, this doesn't necessarily has to be a bad thing. If you're really into that heroine, this might be the best thing ever. Unfortunately for me, Fia is a slutty airhead boob loli, which describes almost exactly my most disliked character trope. To be fair, I didn't hate her, but having most of the plot and dialog just about her put a heavy strain on my enjoyment.

Now, let's have a look at the other heroines. And what kinda stands out, that there's a huge emphashis on lolis. Just from the list of main heroines it's 4 : 3, but at least in the first half, they get vastly more attention than the other heroines. Naming the VN "Amayui Loli Meister" would have been perfectly fitting. Now, I don't want this to be a rant about lolis. In fact, I found the duo of Iol & Micheju probably the best written characters and Lauros (the non-loli) the worst. The consequence was mostly that I tried to avoid H-scenes with them. Not sure if that's what was blocking my progress later on though.

Regarding the plot, it was pretty weak. But I also enjoyed Kami no Rhapsody despite its weak plot, so that's also not why I dropped the VN.

The killer was the actual gameplay. And no, I wouldn't say that the gameplay is inherently bad. Actually, I enjoyed the early stages quite a bit. The problems were more in how it developed. Amayui's combat resembles the one from Kamidori, which is somewhat infamous for its grindy nature. Having to play maps repeatedly to get certain materials can get quite repetitive. And a major factor that affects my enjoyment of those maps is their size and how fast they can be finished. I think the first three chapters or so, the pacing was still kind of okay, but after that it just got worse and worse.

There are a few key factors that vastly reduce the fun of the maps. The first one is the sheer size of them. Eushully has a tendency to think bigger is better and that's just not the case. If finishing a map takes an hour or even more, it really starts to bore me. And there a few more factors that emphasize that process.

The second factor would be the respawn portals. I absolutely hated them in Kamidori and I hate them here even more. And the bigger the maps get the more respawn portals are placed on them. It's so annoying to have defeated an enemy just to have it replaced immediately. It just drags the already slow pacing down even more.

The third factor would be the lack of AOE skills. In Kami no Rhapsody you could lure entire enemy groups into their doom by well placed AOE strikes. But here you have to kill each enemy unit on its own. And with increasing immunities the maps get more and more like gables with less and less tactics involved. Oh, you've sent your perfect counter unit with the other group into a different direction because you couldn't know that it's required here? Too bad, now you have to waste lots of time to change positions. Combine that with respawn portals and slow movement and you can imagine the 'fun'.

But that's not all. Just for Amayui they introduced a new gameplay atrocity - Fia's f***ing monuments. In order to progress you have to give Fia her powers back by cleansing her monuments. Any do you know the best thing about it? Only Avaro himself (and later Dietheim) can do it. So having to clear a huge dungeon with respawn portals with a dozen characters to move isn't enough, Avaro has to go everywhere himself to cleanse all the monuments spread around it. Oh, and there's usually a time limit of 40 rounds, so if you haven't made it in that time, you have to play it again. Even if already cleansed monuments stay that way, all the enemys and respawn portals are back - have fun!

So yeah, no way I'll touch that game again with those kind of design flaws again.

Heroine ranking: Kisnir > Iol > Micheju >Fia > Lauros > Katlit (Roselyne and Mikschana weren't in my party yet, so I can't really judge them)

Overall rating: 5/10

I would only recommmend this to people who are more into lolis and Fia in particular, with a huge patience for slow grinding.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Yesterday I finished second route in Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai. This time I went for Marika's route. It was extremely heartwarming and wholesome experience - especially in console version, which adds one of the most heart-melting scenes near the ending.

Spoiler

Console version expands upon the topic of pregnancy and waiting for the baby - those additional scenes have Ryousuke and Marika getting all excited when they feel the baby kicks and such similar stuff. It was really sweet.

(+18 version seems to have only preggo sex scene instead 😕 )

Based on the two routes I read so far (Sora and Marika) I can see why this game is a love-or-hate thing - but for me it definitely lands on the "love" side, since I don't mind pure SoL at all, and the (let's admit - heavily idealized) way it portrays love also scratches all the right itches ;) It isn't the kind of VN I'd read one after another, but once in a while it's great. Just like with sweets I guess ;)

After those two routes my gameplay clock reads 47 hours, and completion rate is at 30%, so this will be a looong journey.

Now I'm starting Natsuki's route. Then I'll go with Misa, and I save Rikka and Touko for the last, since apparently those two routes are quite different from the rest - at least that's what I can get from reviews I saw.

Edited by adamstan

Continuing with HoshiOri, today I finished Natsuki's route.

While "school" part of the route wasn't anything special (decent, but not outstanding), I really enjoyed her after story. It was - as it's standard with this VN - "just" a series of SoL scenes, but somehow they really clicked with me.

Also, I think this was the first route that featured prominent additional "story" content as replacement for skipped h-scenes.

(The console edition (+17) goes for the "off screen sex" approach, but it doesn't pretend that sex didn't happen - quite the opposite actually, it just doesn't show the act itself)

In Sora's and Marika's case those were mostly afterglow/pillow talk scenes, but with Natsuki's route there was much more.

Spoiler

First, summer festival date in the school part:
Screenshot-1.png

And second - numerous bath scenes in after story, where they had some really sweet conversations:
Screenshot-2.png

Also, during the beach date in the after story, there's additional CG, and Natsuki has new swimsuit:
Screenshot-3.png

Besides those, there were also other smaller story-enhancing additions sprinkled here and there - really good job :)

I have to admit that those additional scenes heavily contributed to my enjoyment of Natsuki's route - they were really well thought out, and I was surprised to see them missing from original +18 version, since they felt like they should be there right from the beginning.

So now, after 60 hours of reading, I guess I'm near the half? Now there are Misa, Rikka and Touko left.

Edited by adamstan

After probably like 30 social events in the last three months I finally finished being social for this year (con season) and now I can finally play games again. Sadly I realized that my hard drive kinda fucked up and all the savedata is dead. Means I gotta start from new for a bunch of my eroge. It does not matter, I'm happy finally having time again to actually pursue this passion instead of playing meta chess guy in the scene.

Will keep you updated on what I play once it happens :P

22110.jpg

Started reading Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo.

Looks like I haven't learned once again from picking up a game by studio. This has been on my list for a long time due to being related to Sharin no Kuni, which holds a special place for me. But different writer means the game is pretty much unrelated.

It's not bad, but it's nowhere near Sharin no Kuni. Sakuragi Hikaru is kind of interesting. Riko is also kind of funny with how she naturally messes with the teacher. She also feeds animals weird stuff, lol. Poisonous mushroom - give it to the rabbit. Expired milk - give it to the dog.

The Engrish is so cringe lol. I am alive hard = 私は一生懸命生きています。

The drama is pretty cheap, we'll see where it goes from here.

Edited by Nemesis
Typo

Playing Our World Is Ended. 😉Chapter Five. First route. Most of the times, I see it like a second-rate (or third-rate) Steins;Gate😅The Art is nice but the rest is just a bit...too average. A positive point One of the main characters is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu🥰

Edited by Canicheslayer
Image problem

Today I finished Misa's route in HoshiOri.

While it was nice, I feel like it was the weakest of the four so far - although I cannot put my finger on why exactly... There were many nice moments, and Misa is ridiculously cute, but something was missing.

But, whatever the case, now it's Rikka's turn! Let's see what the fuss is all about :D

Yesterday I started the famous Rikka's route in HoshiOri. I'm just a few days into it (still in June - I played only for 2 hours) but it's on another level already 😮:100:

Look's like I'm in for a treat. And Rikka seems to be awesome character. I already liked to see how she opened up to others during other routes - I'm really looking forward to how they elaborate on that in her own route. For now she seems to be one of the cutest tsunderes I encountered so far :abilove:.

Also, her VA is extremely versatile - it's really hard to imagine that the person who voices Rikka also gave voice to characters like Airi from MashiroIro Symphony, Amane from Konosora, Satouin from Anokana or Karen from Making Lovers among others 😮

Edited by adamstan

6 hours ago, adamstan said:

Also, her VA is extremely versatile - it's really hard to imagine that the person who voices Rikka also gave voice to characters like Airi from MashiroIro Symphony, Amane from Konosora, Satouin from Anokana or Karen from Making Lovers among others 😮

She does Misaki in Chrono Clock as well, which I'm currently reading. I'm a big fan of her work, but I'm not very fond of Karen in particular, because I think her voice sounds a bit too artificial/strained there. Other than that, I most recently heard her as Momoko in Koikari, which I enjoyed a lot.

Yesterday I finished Rikka's route in HoshiOri

It was indeed quite different from the previous four routes when it comes to the structure and style, and it was great :)

Rikka's school arc was amazing - both the first part, where she gradually opened up to Ryousuke and the rest of the girls, and the second, where she confronts her inner conflict. Meguru was also very welcome side character :) BTW the story of two pianist sisters reminded me about Yui and Rea from Parfait - the stories are different, but for some reason I immediately thought about them.

After story was also very nice and heartwarming. BTW - I'm a sucker for marriage endings, so this VN so far was truly a feast for me ❤️ It's also worth noting, that console edition got vastly extended post-credits epilogue. In the original PC version it was just single scene of

Spoiler

Rikka and her twin daughters sitting at the piano.

and the game ends there. In console version we get another arc after that - basically an after-after-story, and it was great

Spoiler

The whole Shionagi-friends group gets together once again and prepare a special guest performance for school festival. It was great to see the whole group doing something together again ❤️ It ends with Rikka and Ryousuke going on the night date on the beach, talking about their plans for the future - among the other things, Rikka suggests going to the love hotel, and speaks about having a third baby  ;)

So now, with 102 hours under my belt, my feelings towards this VN are similar to @Seraphim's - my top routes are definitely Rikka and Sora, although I'm not sure which one wins. While Rikka's route was definitely of "highest quality", Sora's route had a bit higher emotional impact on me. Maybe it was because I read it first?

Now let's see, what Touko's route has for me :) I honestly have no idea what to expect, since Touko remains rather mysterious character, but I'm eager to find out :)

The only hint I can go by is that some people say that there's minor spoiler for Touko's route in Rikka's route. The only thing that comes to mind is

Spoiler

When Ryousuke walks near the park with Rikka and they observe children (and among those, one girl) playing soccer, he mentions that when he was little, there was also a girl that used to play with them. Rikka asks if that was Marika, but Ryousuke replies that no, since during that time she wasn't leaving the house much due to her illness. Could this girl be Touko - making the route's setup a bit like Sora's? Let's see :)

Edited by adamstan

光輪の町、ラベンダーの少女

22110.jpg

If the first half is mediocre, then the second half of this is a trainwreck with the reveal of who the Special Individual is in the area. It's garbage fanfiction level of Sharin no Kuni. The writing is just so shallow. Everytime

Spoiler

Makoto

opens his mouth, I feel like banging my head against the wall with the stupid stuff that comes out of his mouth. If Houzuki is a first rate villain, then he's the complete opposite.

I finished Haruka and Riko route. There is a 1-2h epilogue based on the heroine you picked, but the rest of the story remains the same. That doesn't really motivate me to finish the rest of the routes, so I'll just consider this game complete and move on to the next one.

紫影のソナーニル ~What a beautiful memories~

54255.jpg

I have read before that the English Translations doesn't really do any justice to Sakurai's prose with the repeating text, and they're correct. Sakurai's prose is rather interesting and fun to read in Japanese, but it translate poorly into English. It might even be worth rereading Sekien no Inganock to get a new perspective.

In terms of music, Liar-Soft games have some of the best OP's ever. It's quite a coincidence that Mizusawa Kei voices both the MC's for Kourin no Machi and Shiei no Sona-Nyl. There are a couple times where the voices doesn't match the text. I'm guessing that's intentional for omote and ura which is a rather interesting technique to use.

It has some annoying gameplay where they test your reading comprehension by giving you a huge article, breaking it into 3 pieces and you have to guess which part was altered from the original. If you get a single answer wrong, then it's game over for you, lol. And they did this without any explanation of what you have to do, so when I first did this I just clicked randomly and got a bad end.

Edited by Nemesis

Today I fininished Touko's route, and with it - after whopping 123 hours - I have completed console version of HoshiOri :)

Touko's route is even more "odd one" than Rikka's - but that doesn't have to be bad thing. It has rather slow start, but once it gained traction, it was pretty enjoyable. Touko's cat-like personality was quite amusing, and the character development she undergoes is great. The thing it was missing the most (IMO) was the presence of other friends in after-story. On the other hand, there were few really nice thoughts about love and commitment weaved into it. Also, the school arc of Touko's route further cemented my love for Sora ;)❤️

Additionally, in console edition, similarly to Rikka's route, Touko also got very nice and heartwarming post-credits epilogue.

Spoiler

The went for their honeymoon trip to the Australia, had some fun in the sea, and the story ends with them watching the stars in the mountains, and talking about future - including planning the names for their kids. I absolutely loved the part, when Ryousuke saw the falling star, and came up with the name "Hikari" for their second child ❤️

So now, I guess it's time for some summary.

It's very good moege, but only for die-hard slice-of-life lovers ;) I'm one of those so I enjoyed it - although due to the sheer length it can get a bit tedious. However, as I said in my previous post, the formula worked for me, even if it wasn't the best moege I played - that title still belongs to Mashiro Iro Symphony ;)

The main highlight of this title for me is that it's oozing with heartwarming wholesomeness - which is especially pronounced in console version ❤️

As for ranking of routes and girls... while I fully acknowledge the very high quality of Rikka's route, my personal favorite after all was Sora :)

I actually liked all the routes (with different intensity), so it's a little difficult for me to rank them, but I think that going from top to bottom it would be something like Sora = Rikka > Touko = Marika = Natsuki > Misa - but they're all very close to each other.

The VN looks beautiful, and I especially like the art style of sprites - I just wish there were more of them for side characters too.

Considering all of this - it's a solid 8/10 for me :)

******************************************************************************************************************

Now let's take a moment to talk about differences between console edition and original +18 PC version. The console edition is rated at +17, and it takes similar approach to Princess Evangile - the sex happens off-screen, but it's fully acknowledged that it happens. Additionally, there some added story events (according to credits, it was done by original scenario writers). It's actually pretty bold for the console version at times - including the use of nude sprites if there's only close-up used in the scene (so the nipples aren't visible).

The additional and replacement scenes actually enhanced the experience for me - the writers did pretty good job to convey the intimacy between characters, and added epilogues for Rikka and Touko are simply great.

I skimmed through original adult version, but I found the amount and length of H-scenes to be overwhelming, and also some of those felt rather out-of-character, adhering too tightly to the porn cliches and tropes. OTOH, the lack of some additional scenes from console edition also was painful, since they felt really natural.

Below I'll list the most significant changed/new CGs for each route.

The common thing is, that each girl received additional pillow talk/sleeping together CG, if it wasn't there before.

1. Sora

Spoiler

New event CGs: Hamburger date and planetarium date ;)
Screenshot-01.pngScreenshot-02.png

Pillow-talk CG:
Screenshot-03.png

I was quite suprised to see that naked-apron and bunny-girl CGs were kept, although they've been cropped to hide naughty bits ;)
Screenshot-04.pngScreenshot-06.png

Hot springs CG got the usual "nipple hiding" treatment.
Screenshot-05.png

2. Marika

Spoiler

First bath CG from common route - it's there, just the water was made less transparent to hide the nipples:
Screenshot-07.png

Super-sweet pillow-talk CG:
Screenshot-08.png

Two foreplay / making-out CGs - cropped, but kept:
Screenshot-09.pngScreenshot-10.png

With bunny-girl outfit we got additional birthday-party scene with a CG (and with sex implied afterwards)
Screenshot-11.png

And then the two ultra-wholesome pregnancy scenes I mentioned in my post about Marika's route ❤️
Screenshot-12.pngScreenshot-13.png

3. Natsuki

Spoiler

Additional summer-festival date CG
Screenshot-14.png

Natsuki already had together-in-bed CG, but there she was naked and fully exposed, so they made soft version of this, covering her up with bedsheets ;)
Screenshot-15.png

Additional bath scene(s) and beach date CG I mentioned in the post about Natsuki's route:
Screenshot-16.pngScreenshot-18.png

The scene with the two browsing the photos while lying naked together has been kept, just slightly cropped:
Screenshot-17.png

4. Misa

Spoiler

New in-bed CG:
Screenshot-19.png

Additional story event (during the typhoon night)
Screenshot-20.png

Lotion-spreading CGs during the vacation:
Screenshot-21.pngScreenshot-22.png

5. Rikka

Spoiler

New making out on the bed scene with two main variants - for school arc and after story
Screenshot-23.pngScreenshot-24.png

The pillow-talk CG got nipple-hiding treatment ;)
Screenshot-25.png

New bath scene(s) in the after-story:
Screenshot-26.png

Final CG from the added epilogue:
Screenshot-27.png

6. Touko

Spoiler

The CG of them sitting together in the unused classroom got cropped to hide panties - I actually found it strange, since there were already pantyshots and even bolder scenes in this edition as well:
Screenshot-28.png

New together-in-bed scenes - with many versions:
Screenshot-29.pngScreenshot-30.png

The CG that leads to the H-scene after the school festival has been kept - it just stays with Touko's yukata intact, with the main act happening off-screen:
Screenshot-31.png

And finally the scenes from additiona epilogue - Touko riding floating banana, and stargazing in the mountains:
Screenshot-32.pngScreenshot-33.png

And that's it. I know I'm the weird one, but I wholeheartedly recommend the console version. If the additional scenes have been indeed ported over to PC for Perfect Edition, then that might be also worth checking out for h-scene lovers ;) Although I've seen some reviews complaining that the merging was done sloppily in some places.

Now I have to take a break - and in the meantime choose the next title to read. I'm leaning towards Hatsuyuki Sakura (PSV) that I bought together with HoshiOri.

Edited by adamstan

It should be mentioned that both 18+ and Perfect Edition here have been translated, so you can enjoy both benefit if you can't read Japanese, which to say is definitely an improvement compared to Damekoi where Mangagamer didn't translate the new all age scenes. That said though, the Complete Edition took around 12 GB HDD (For comparison 18+ Hoshiori took 7.2 GB HDD), so maybe it's not quite worth it if you prefer to save some HDD space.

Edited by littleshogun

The +18 version I was using for comparisons was actually English fan-tl. I checked it out only briefly, but I have to say I was disappointed with how the translation reads. While I haven't spotted any obvious errors, it felt very stiff and "translationese". Either my standards have changed, or the editing was insufficient. I had much better impression of Hatsukoi 1/1 and Tsujidou-san translations by the same team. But it might be just me.

(I used the older release of English patch - I didn't have 2.0 version - I hope they improved the flow of the text, although it's hard to judge by description alone)

43 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

It should be mentioned that both 18+ and Perfect Edition here have been translated, so you can enjoy both benefit if you can't read Japanese

Yeah, but the experience might be a bit rough, since additional scenes have been done by different team and apparently in different style.

Well, still better than nothing I guess ;)

Edited by adamstan