What are you playing?

I'm playing Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen on PS Vita and I really love game very much.

It have nice story and gamplay are very easy to understand.

It have a lot of drama, friendship and tragedy.

It does have romance but not very much. 

I used to have PS4 and play game on it.

I have plans to play Pokemon Super Mystery dungeons on 3DS and play games on PC.

Does someone know how good Taishou x Alice translation are on PC?

So, Coffee Talk... I want to say it's a bit slow-burn, because it did got better after the midpoint of the story, but it's also too short to really get in-depth with any of its subplots. Also, dialogue never stopped being a bit dry and devoid of humour. The comedy relief character, the alien, got a few funny lines, but in the end, the game lacked impact both when it tried to be witty and when it tried to be dramatic. Also because it has little going for it outside of dialogue – the artstyle is cool, but not really captivating or expressive and the gameplay... I can't say I liked much about it. It relies not as much on knowing what to serve and using proper ingredients as on adding stuff in proper order which is rarely intuitive. You have little time to learn what your regulars like and the process of finding the right drink is more trial-and-error than anything. I mean, I love coffee (and tea) so I don't know how the game made experimenting with it unappealing but somehow it managed. 😛 There was a rare good puzzle or two in there, but overall, I wished this hole primary-secondary-tertiary ingredient system burned in hell. From what I've seen even endless mode failed to do anything interesting with the mechanics...

Well, at least the main subplots weren't bad and the extras were cool. Also, the music was objectively speaking really cool. Ultimately, a 6,5/10. It has its charm (and maybe I just got spoiled by VA-11 Hall-A) but I think it could've done both its specific storylines and the concept of being a barista a lot better.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Hakuchumu was good but as usual for me, I kinda forgot to continue playing it and lost the will to read it. When I'm busy I tend to put off my VN's and then I don't feel like continuing it anymore, a bad habit of mine. 

Instead, I'm reading two visual novels. One to satisfy my itch for highschool romances that don't blueball you. I usually feel  like that when I read romcom's in manga, I just want my progress man. The other VN I read because i actually want a good story.

Shirogane x Spirits is the former, good god are the tits big. Why are their nipples popping out from their uniforms, thats seriously one of my peeves in some romcom vn's nowadays. I cant take it seriously when the girls nipples are popping out. Dont they wear a bra? Aside from that its standard-fare. Have played like only an hour of it but its like majikoi lite. Battle romcom in which there really isnt much complex in the battles as its more of just showing strength and emotion stuff.  I read this on and off as I get easily bored if i read this kind of game (basically an average romcom game) too long.

Mahoutsukai no yoru is the latter, and it's beautiful as hell. The art, ui, everything about it is absolutely stunning. The OST is amazing too, its kind of immersive in that way, it feels like im watching a movie. Sadly though there wasn't voice acting but its actually pretty good in spite of that. I prefer voices though as it helps me know the character better but its an artistic choice of the author. Its been long since I actually read something like this in which the monologues are incredibly long, last time I read something like that was oretsuba and that was a year ago. Nasu delivers though, there's just something about the way he writes that is enchanting and also funny. Soujuurou makes me laugh a lot along with Aoko. TBH I didn't expect Aoko's personality to be a neurotic student council president though, my image of her from Tsukihime was someone who goes with the flow and a genki-ko (cheerful girl). 

i am currently playing Clannad...  got through Misae , Tomoyo , Yukine, the Fujibayashi twins, and Kappei ..currently working with a girl who might possibly be on the spectrum who goes by the name Kotomi weird yet beautiful she is.....i'm having fun with the Clannad game yet it is at the same time kind of a drag 

On 1/27/2021 at 3:10 AM, Larxe1 said:

Hakuchumu was good but as usual for me, I kinda forgot to continue playing it and lost the will to read it. When I'm busy I tend to put off my VN's and then I don't feel like continuing it anymore, a bad habit of mine. 

Instead, I'm reading two visual novels. One to satisfy my itch for highschool romances that don't blueball you. I usually feel  like that when I read romcom's in manga, I just want my progress man. The other VN I read because i actually want a good story.

Shirogane x Spirits is the former, good god are the tits big. Why are their nipples popping out from their uniforms, thats seriously one of my peeves in some romcom vn's nowadays. I cant take it seriously when the girls nipples are popping out. Dont they wear a bra? Aside from that its standard-fare. Have played like only an hour of it but its like majikoi lite. Battle romcom in which there really isnt much complex in the battles as its more of just showing strength and emotion stuff.  I read this on and off as I get easily bored if i read this kind of game (basically an average romcom game) too long.

Mahoutsukai no yoru is the latter, and it's beautiful as hell. The art, ui, everything about it is absolutely stunning. The OST is amazing too, its kind of immersive in that way, it feels like im watching a movie. Sadly though there wasn't voice acting but its actually pretty good in spite of that. I prefer voices though as it helps me know the character better but its an artistic choice of the author. Its been long since I actually read something like this in which the monologues are incredibly long, last time I read something like that was oretsuba and that was a year ago. Nasu delivers though, there's just something about the way he writes that is enchanting and also funny. Soujuurou makes me laugh a lot along with Aoko. TBH I didn't expect Aoko's personality to be a neurotic student council president though, my image of her from Tsukihime was someone who goes with the flow and a genki-ko (cheerful girl). 

Bruh, the comments on Shirogane x Spirits were totally right. This didn't really focus on the romance aspect but more on how it builds up and the silly battles. Jesus christ I was surprised while reading that I reached the ending and it didnt feel like an ending. I didn't even see them date lol. I just saw them asking each other out in the end and then fucking but seriously no date or love scenes that much? The H-scenes weren't even that satisfying. 

Now that the negatives are out of the way, I reallly didn't expect this to be quite good. It knows its strength and uses it a lot. This screamed like something that warrants a fandisc or something as the cast is really fucking big for a mid length game. All of the cast is even interesting and thats something rare in VN's, makes you want a route for all those side characters more lol as I wasn't really interested in the main heroines which are your schoolmates. The game is funny and has something like a majikoi mood and funny. Also in the sprites, only the main heroines have their nipples erect in their uniforms, why? why do that, it aint even that hot. In IRL its hot but in anime it just looks kinda strange IMO. All of the other women characters dont even have their nipples erect so why are the main heroines having erect nipples? Is it because of the uniform of their school? My questions will never be answered and the answer is probably because big titz win by the artists anyway.

I read mahoutsukai no yoru as a side vn since damn is the text heavy that it tires me out, gonna reread chusingura while im at it

Okay, one more route! Well, it's been a week since I've read this one but I forgot to post it here lol :wahaha:

Gotta be honest, this was the one which surprised me the most! I was expecting some character development, but not this kind. It was good haha

I skipped all h-scenes and I couldn't care less about them but damn, I think this might be on the same level as Wanko's route: while Wanko's was more emotional for me, Miyako's was better paced in its entirety (Wanko's beginning was a little too boring lol). I'm gonna give it an 8/10!

Also, that "after" was VERY cute and wholesome. 10/10 :100:

Spoiler

Just one thing... I didn't get the whole fortune teller thing? Who was supposed to die? My pals guessed it'd be Miyako killing herself and I was like "damn, that's morbid..." I got really depressed for a moment there :sadsacchin: 

Anywaaaaay, I'm reading Mayu's route right now! What's the deal with her ass...

So, I finished PSP version of Sorairo.

I have kind of mixed feelings about it. It was definitely enjoyable, and the concept with three "worlds" seemed interesting, but at the same time I feel like it was kind of unpolished, lacking that finishing touch. Also, quality of the routes was rather uneven. Ai's and Hanako's main routes were decent, but rather standard moege fare, without anything standing out too much. Side routes in each "world" were rather short - but they provided nice "what-if" scenarios or showed a bit different side of given heroine.

Spoiler

I think the most interesting usage of "worlds" concept was kind of personality reversal between Hanako and Tsubame in Ai's world, as a result of Kenji's words near the end of prologue - seeing how he dotes on Ai they demand that he make them his little sisters too. He, jokingly, says that Hanako should calm down a bit, while Tsubame should liven up. Fastforward to teenage time, and that's exactly what they did ;)

Nevertheless, if it stopped at that, it would get 7/10 score at best. But there enters Tsubame's route, which screams "TRUE ROUTE" in big letters. It was great - much better and longer than the other two. It also tried to pull off a bit of Clannad (and did quite well at that), extending into struggles of adult family life of Kenji and Tsubame. Really great, and I'm glad that I listened to Accany's review's advice and saved this route for last. It's just a shame that there was only one such great route. So, after all, it gets 7.5/10.

I think now I'll try World End Syndrome.

I bought PS4 version, but I'm going to play Switch version in emulator... Sadly, there's no PS4 emu yet (and I don't have the console), and Switch physical edition seems to be sold out everywhere I checked... Still, both version have the same dev and publisher, so I feel this is alright at least from the ethical/moral point of view...

Edited by adamstan

I just finished my first playthrough (prologue) of World End Syndrome

Spoiler

Meaning the unavoidable Worst Ending after linear prologue

My impressions so far - I like the setting, the characters, and little animations sprinkled here and there - blinking, lip-sync and various animated elements in the backgrounds. I'm not the fan of nameable protagonist, and scenes felt a bit disconnected sometimes. Perhaps some more narration would be in order? But then, perhaps it has something to do with protagonists' condition?

Also, translation has been a bit of hit and miss so far. Dialogues are done pretty decently most of the time, but some lines in narration feel rather awkward. Like the use of present tense while obviously reporting past events that happened before.

Nevertheless it got me interested, and I'm looking forward to subsequent runs, romancing those cute girls and discovering town's mystery :)

Edited by adamstan

Just finished 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and, well, I'm kinda underwhelmed.

The overarching plot was pretty decent, but the presentation; not so much. I mean, you're just dropped in the middle of things without any idea what's going on, and then you're expected to keep track of a ton of characters and their relationships while the game jumps back and forth between different timelines in basically every scene. Things obviously got clearer as the story progressed, but the hours leading up to that point weren't very enjoyable and I don't feel like the conclusion to the story was satisfying enough to make up for it.
I found the characters completely uninteresting, in large parts due to the sheer number of them, which effectively counteracted individual character growth. This is a common problem for me in games with a large cast, and this one was no exception. I could barely keep track of their names, much less care about what happened to any of them. Now that I'm done, I can say that not a single one of them left much of a lasting impression on me, save for maybe Miwako, who wasn't even part of the main cast.

In conclusion, I wouldn't say this is a bad game, but I had quite high expectations diving into it and that ultimately ended up making this a lackluster experience for me when it didn't live up to them.

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Just finished 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and, well, I'm kinda underwhelmed.

The overarching plot was pretty decent, but the presentation; not so much. I mean, you're just dropped in the middle of things without any idea what's going on, and then you're expected to keep track of a ton of characters and their relationships while the game jumps back and forth between different timelines in basically every scene. Things obviously got clearer as the story progressed, but the hours leading up to that point weren't very enjoyable and I don't feel like the conclusion to the story was satisfying enough to make up for it.
I found the characters completely uninteresting, in large parts due to the sheer number of them, which effectively counteracted individual character growth. This is a common problem for me in games with a large cast, and this one was no exception. I could barely keep track of their names, much less care about what happened to any of them. Now that I'm done, I can say that not a single one of them left much of a lasting impression on me, save for maybe Miwako, who wasn't even part of the main cast.

In conclusion, I wouldn't say this is a bad game, but I had quite high expectations diving into it and that ultimately ended up making this a lackluster experience for me when it didn't live up to them.

Well, since I just happened to have played it recently (and replayed it... twice), I can share my opinion on the matter.
Whatever the opposite you said, except when it comes to liking things. Or, in other words, I like it a lot.

[Majikoi]

Ooookay, I just finished Mayucchi's route! :ehehe:

Oh... WOW. This route was good, very good! I really liked the pacing for this one~

Spoiler

This is a really minute thing, but that gay guy hitting on Capt was... I don't know. At the same time, it was cool of them to acknowledge the existence of gay people as not exclusively a joke (even if it wasn't for the plot either) but, as an aro/ace person, I relate to Capt a lot of times and I mean, you CAN be into no one lol I also understand it's a vn from 2009, so it's okay.

First, let me just say how adorable Matsukaze is! Also, Mayu's "awawawa"s are super cute, it makes me wanna hug her hehe :rinkosparkle:

I played this entire route in two days and I'm writing it right after finishing it so I'm not sure if I'll be able to talk about everything but let's see...

I really liked her friendship with Iyo, they are very cute together! I like seeing different personalities around like hers. Oh, yeah, the giant battle royale was great!! I loved the battle between Mayu and Shakadou, I love seeing Mayu's power, absolute poggers :sugoi:

The trip to... wherever-they-went was fine, I guess? The non-alcoholic water scene was funny, I gotta admit.

Finally, the ending. The fight between the Premium girl and Mayu was such a good moment, with Iyo hugging her and all! Oh, and Matsukaze's farewell, oooh... I felt sad. :niocry:

Now, my pals said the downside of this route is the romance - or the lack of thereof. Personally, I felt it was fine. I didn't miss it. Actually, I felt really awkward reading those scenes, like I was a third wheel or something lol Maybe it's because (as I mentioned before in my spoiler-tagged commentary) I'm aroace, but I really could do without Yamato's comments. I don't know, I guess I just feel weird because everyone is so friggin' horny all the damn time, oof-

Wanko and Capt are the only ones I can feel comfy around :nani:

-------

Awwwwrighty! Next one is Momoyo, and then there's only the sub routes and the true ending left!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Leonor

[Majikoi]

Oh! I wasn't expecting to finish Momoyo's route this fast! :sugoi:

Oh my GODS!! This route was amazing for sure! My pals told me this would be mostly Yamato being Momo's plaything so I didn't have my hopes up but nope, it was much better! I mean, as much as I like seeing Yamato being toyed with, I wouldn't have cared much for this route if that was all it was.

Spoiler

The days until the first confession were okay; I didn't dislike them or found them boring, but they weren't exactly exciting. The date was okay - that adorable CG with Yamato blushing was super worth it! :yuzudrool: 

Then, the Kawakami Battle - oh, that battle! It was what I had been waiting for in Majikoi! For a vn of "samurai girls", I was expecting way more action scenes.
It was very good hehe except... except for one thing, right after 2-F won. It made me cringe when Captain just fell in love with Momoyo out of nowhere. Sure, she looked cute, but like, seriously? It felt too forced, like they just wanted some weird rivalry at the last bit just "to make things interesting"... me no likey. As an aro/ace individual, I really liked to see Captain as an accidental representation, but that scene made me feel like he "had" to some day fall in love, that he couldn't just live his life without actually experiencing romantic or sexual attraction. We could say attraction isn't as labeled or strict as that, but in the end, it just felt forced for the sake of rivalry and a motive for Yamato to ask Momo out.
 :remsulk:

Well, I can forget that little scene and just say I absolutely loved this route! Sure, I can't really see Momo as her lovey-dovey self (especially in her after story) without feeling weird and cringe, but maybe that's just me.

I'm reading Moro's route right now and will probably read the other before I write my updates here! Toodles! :sacchya:

Edited by Leonor

Aaaand -  World End Syndrome already finished.

It was shorter than I expected. Nevertheless, I liked it.

From the three "questions" routes I think I liked Hanako's the best - it had the best flow, and I feel like their relationship evolved most naturally. Then, Yukino's route was kind of detective story, and then there was great Miu's route, and true ending following that. Those parts were definitely the best for me. Later part of Miu's route, and most of the "Truth" route had lots of tearjerking moments. Loved it. Some twists and reveals also got me by surprise - but I have to admit, that I'm newbie when it comes to mystery VNs, so perhaps I'm easy to fool ;)

My main complaint about this title is map movement system. The way it is implemented it kind of kills the flow of the story, and makes the whole experience unnecessarily fragmented. Unvoiced scenes were also a bummer.

Still, the story itself was good, especially the finale, so I think it's 7.5/10 VN for me. ("potentially great title hindered by some annoying shortcomings" - namely underwhelming execution of map movement in that case).

And WTF with that sequel teaser at the very-very-end? It means now we have to wait who-knows-how-long for the sequel... Somebody even angrily called WES "30 hour prologue to the sequel" :P

Edited by adamstan

Now that I think about it, after finishing true route I'm unsure about some details in World End Syndrome's plot (HEAVY SPOLIERS AHEAD!) :

Spoiler

1. According to Miu and Yamato, Yomibito can only be killed by decapitation. Yet in the Worst Ending Yukino got stabbed to death. How's that possible if she was Yomibito?
  2. I wonder who was the killer in the Worst Ending - was it Mibu or Kaori? (couldn't be Yukino since she was one of the victims)
  3. At the end of Maimi's and Saya's routes there was a mention of the massacre in which all characters got killed. I suppose those were done by either Yukino or Kaori who had finally "fallen into Yomi". But, interestingly, no such thing happened after Hanako's route. Strange...

People who also finished it - what do you think about those points?

Yesterday I started reading PS3 version of Himawari no Kyoukai to Nagai Natsuyasumi (which has just arrived)

IMG-20210208-153259990.jpg

I'm still quite early in the prologue, but it looks promising (and pretty - art is really nice :) )

Unfortunately I have some technical issues with it (I don't know if it's just due to emulation, or the game itself is broken) - while it runs seemingly without problems, sometimes it will randomly freeze while advancing to the next line. And autosaves/quicksaves don't work properly in emulator. So yesterday I lost 3 hours worth of progress :( The workaround is to remember to save manually often (at least on scene transitions, when auto-save message pops up ;) ). A bit bothersome, but it looks sooo much better than low-res PSP version, so I'm sticking with it ;)

https://vndb.org/v29402#main

Reading Glass Hime to Kagami no Juusha. My playthroughs of VN's are usually ruined by reading bad reviews. I read VN's with the inherent bias that it might be bad due to reviews and well in some cases I enjoyed it a lot more than what the reviewers seemed to suggest. So I went in totally blind and just looked for a random VN from Giga that was recently released and like had only 10 votes on vndb. Unexpectedly, I really liked it. I'm only a few hours in and usually I could tell if it is some cliched crap that is done bad but this VN had everything I could ask for from a random charage VN. It had all of the VA's I loved, mostly Tsukino Kiiro. She's a god at her calm and soothing voice. While the setting seemed average, it is done well and thats enough for me I'm not expecting something like White Album. 

Well that cover looks like everything else. I'd not give it a second glance if i had no prior knowledge.

Im reading muv-luv extra and i really enjoy it. I love that it isnt taking itself very seriously and is just about good humor and fun. A bit in the vein of majikoi. Humour in newer stories got nothing on this. My one complain would be character art. Most are fine but some are... just plain weird looking.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:55 PM, Larxe1 said:

https://vndb.org/v29402#main

Reading Glass Hime to Kagami no Juusha. My playthroughs of VN's are usually ruined by reading bad reviews. I read VN's with the inherent bias that it might be bad due to reviews and well in some cases I enjoyed it a lot more than what the reviewers seemed to suggest. So I went in totally blind and just looked for a random VN from Giga that was recently released and like had only 10 votes on vndb. Unexpectedly, I really liked it. I'm only a few hours in and usually I could tell if it is some cliched crap that is done bad but this VN had everything I could ask for from a random charage VN. It had all of the VA's I loved, mostly Tsukino Kiiro. She's a god at her calm and soothing voice. While the setting seemed average, it is done well and thats enough for me I'm not expecting something like White Album. 

When I like something and I'm bored, I read really fast and in long bursts so I usually finish medium length games in a few days and by finish I mean certain routes only. I only tried the route of Orihime, and I didn't even expect to like her. My mind was set on Bernadette, the obvious main girl and in which the common route spends a lot of time on her own monologues. I seriously really liked her personality, although the way she were set-up with the MC is a trope I really don't like which is the "I met this hot girl one time when I was a child and I played with her and I promised *insert a promise that makes the girl blush and will never forget*" It feels really cheap for me as seriously ONE OF THE BEST PARTS OF THE VN FOR ME IS WHEN THE HEROINE AND THE MC FALL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER and if it is predetermined at the start without the reader it feels rather cheap and forced, which is sad as I really liked Bernadette's character which is the strong and capable heroine being cool in the outside but inside and personally is extremely cute, gap moe is real. 

Since the VNDB doesn't have a synopsis, I'll provide one. MC is in one of those families that has lineages that exist to serve the royalty in which they are the butlers, maids, etc. He meets this blond royalty girl who is crying, and he plays with her a short while and the girl's bodyguards take the MC away thinking he was a bad person or some shit, and while being taken away he promises to be by her side and if you read VN's a lot, its pretty easy to know where this is going. Seriously, why the fuck you keep a life-changing promise to a girl you met for only a while lol, is it because she's hot?  Yes I really don't like this kind of settings but that aside the VN is actually a pretty good read considering I read a lot of charages and I drop them like flies. 

I'll discuss the good things about it that I seriously want to see a lot in VN's. This is very big for me and which is having a good side male character, one that actually the writer respects and doesn't make a constant joke of. Instead of having a best friend character that is a total bro, the VN has you have a male friend that takes on a mentor role to the MC and its a good variation on the trope as he is actually capable and isn't a total musclehead as his looks seem to imply, although he does muscle his way a lot. 

Second, it's actually having a world that moves on its own, rather than having the MC be the kickstarter of literally all events. For example, On the Orihime route, while Orihime was the focus, all events were not centered around her, a non-spoilery event that happened is the revelation that two friends of the MC became real good friends enough to reveal their secrets to one another without the MC, so it implies that they actually do something and have a life without the MC and I actually like that instead of having the MC having to do everything. Also, the presence of smart characters particularly, Orihime and Ella which is the sister of Bernadette, have you guessing what their motives are every time, but particularly its usually Ella you have to be wary around as she is pulling the string out of everything. She pretty much used the MC cleverly for her own gains and that's a plus, too bad she is a side character, she deserved a route. I guess smart characters and intrigue is a staple to this kind of setting which is an academy centered around nobles but it's not given much focus but when it's talked about it's a topic treated with respect. 

Third, I would normally give this a 8 but Orihime's route elevates it for me since I actually liked this kind of romantic development. Orihime is an ojou-san character that is a game otaku with a group of friends that attend to her and they all do it willingly since she has some good charisma. She talks rather in a archaic japanese which unnecessarily made the reading difficulty harder for me but she speaks in a normal way with other classmates. Orihime only had a low level of attraction towards the MC and the MC too likewise. They just tried each other out by hanging out and dating and that feels rather real to me instead of confessing and reaching max 100% love but rather a slow gradual attraction that explodes to real love. Orihime's conflict at the start pissed me off which is the point of it since it points out her immaturity. In the date, she has her circle of loyal otaku gamer friends/servants to act out a hostage situation and to see if the MC will save her first instead of the other hostages, and it pissed the MC off. It actually made sense from Orihime's perspective as while she may be incredibly smart, she is immature and treats everything as a game and has never had anyone really angry at her before so the MC got pissed at bam, Orihime tries to change and its the explosion that started off their love. 

And thats why I gave it an 8.5, other VN's should really just execute their tropes better.

Also I checked the writer out and its insane for me he also wrote Doshikuro which is like long ass vn dedicated to long hair fetishes and parallel worlds . Didn't expect to write something long but its more of a rant on the things I like to see in VN's rather than the VN itself lol

I didn't quite "play" them but I did a lot of research on Aeon Dream Studios games for a video I made -- AKA Mystic Destinies (Serendipity of Aeons/Echoes, pretty well-known fantasy otome games) and To The Edge of the Sky (was originally a BTS fan game until they got a cease and desist). 

You have to admit...even with the ridiculousness that is that company (don't even get me started) their games were/are pretty dang good. It's a shame lol

Yesterday I finished first route in Himawari no Kyoukai to Nagai Natsuyasumi -extra vacation-. It was Daiya's route. While it's rather tropey ojou-sama story, I enjoyed it very much - it executed its tropes well enough ;). Daiya herself is cute :abilove:, and actually the whole cast - including Yousuke, the protagonist - is very likeable. I had no problems to connect with them right from the start. If this route is indeed - like the rumors say - the weakest one, then I think I'm in for a treat and perhaps I've found another charage gem? ;) I'm really liking the overall atmosphere of this VN. It's similar feeling to my other most-liked charages like Konosora, Princess Evangile and some others - it's just nice to be there and spend time with characters :)

On 2/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, Larxe1 said:

having a good side male character, one that actually the writer respects and doesn't make a constant joke of. Instead of having a best friend character that is a total bro, the VN has you have a male friend that takes on a mentor role to the MC and its a good variation on the trope as he is actually capable and isn't a total musclehead as his looks seem to imply, although he does muscle his way a lot. 

Mentor-like male side characters? Funny coincidence - I think that Father Arakawa from Himanatsu also fits the bill. Well, he's more like.. um... father figure for protagonist ;) At first encounter he seems a bit silly with his crazy strength and devotion to martial arts ;) (although you can also sense kind of friendship between him and Yousuke right from the start), but he offers good advice and support here and there, and it's obvious that he really cares about Yousuke and his group. Yousuke also mentions that he learned a lot from him.

I'm looking forward to the remaining routes :yes:. (And it also looks like I should expect some mood shift, since apparently the route I've just read is an odd one ;) )

I also, as usual, did quick comparison with adult version for this route. I didn't like neither h-scenes placement nor HCGs themselves :P I'm sticking with PS3 version, especially since it offers additional route for Tsukiko. Console version has +17 rating. It removes sex scenes, leaving just kissing scenes. But it doesn't shy away completely from the sexual themes - for example, during some makeout/kissing scenes protagonist mentions something like "let's stop for now, or I won't be able to control myself", and during bath scene Daiya notices his boner after she washed his back. The difference is that they get embarassed and just enter the bath instead of proceeding to fuck :P And well - they also spend the night together in protagonist's bed, so there's some food for imagination ;) I liked it better that way, and I think that it fts the particular setting of this VN more.

Edited by adamstan

[Majikoi]

I forgot to update y'all on Moro's route! :pyaa:

Fortunately, I still remember everything~

Spoiler

This route was fine! Of course it wasn't as developed as the heroine's, but the struggles Moro goes through hit close to home. I never worked in any game but those confidence and self-worth issues... BOY, do I know them. Maybe that's why I liked this route so much. Right now, I do have my close friends who help me see I'm also worth of happiness and that they like me for who I am, but I did understand where Moro was coming from. The only thing that felt a bit meh was the rushed resolution: he just accepted it and got better way too quickly. Then again, this is a sub route and is (sadly) not as developed as the main ones.:footsip:

And now, time for Gakuto's! :watame:

Muv Luv Alternative

Spoiler

It's been a bit of a mixed experience so far. I'm at the rebellion part of Alternative, but atm i must say i enjoyed Unlimited more. I dunno why. Takeru was in this unfamiliar place with these people he knew and had to work his was up. It was very enjoyable to see familiar struggles in a military setting. I can relate. Alternative is decently written with a few minor holes. Like how he didn't retain his age after going back in time but retained his muscles........... That one was pretty stupid i think. Now In Alternative Takeru started very strong, but.... It feels he's being slowly reduced to a plot device. He rarely has anything worthwhile to say and when he does say something it doesn't amount to much. Mostly he rambles about humanity needing to stick together regardless whats being discussed......  Wasn't this half the point? That with his prior experience in Ultimate he'll now be a few steps above and being able to make changes? This focus just vanished and it felt like we were back to the Unlimited dynamic again where Takeru just follows the girls whims or witnesses things without really having anything worthwhile to say or do. This is a mistake. If Takeru's supposed to be a leader then he needs to be both impressive, having a flexible mind and have the girls (subordinates) respect. Outside the good old VN dynamics of forced plotlove etc he doesn't really seem respected nor very mentally flexible at this point in time.  He is strong and capable though. Also change those god damned suits for the girls already. Rest of the female cast have painted breastplates, why would our cast have everything on full display? Absolute idiocy. Yes, this part right there is something i pretty much hate about Unlimited and Alternative. Less serious reason: my girls are not fap material for the guys on the base. More serious reason: It's unrealistic and makes such a serious and epic story that much more hard to take seriously. Think about when the girls argued seriously with their tits on display... Yeah....

As far as i can tell, this is a different Takeru than you played in Extra. It's the same of course, but more a copy. Self explanatory i think since there can be multiple Takeru's in the same place. Why? Well, it seems like the Extra world moves ahead at a normal pace without player Takeru in it.. Meaning? It has another Takeru in it.  Now i'm probably just in the beginning still in Alternative, but that's just an early impression. Things might change later on! But as of now regardless of what happens in Ultimate you can probably treat Extra endings as canon endings also. Now i might have to swallow these words later :D

I do expect this to change though, but i did hope Alternative kept the pace up a bit better than this after all the hype.

This probably looks like i dislike it, but far from it. It's highly enjoyable.  But like all things in life, it's easier to discuss or put words on negatives than positives as positives are taken for granted and forgotten unless it's extraordinarily good, but negatives tend to linger and grate.

Edited by Stormwolf

[Majikoi]

Aaaand I just finished Shouichi/Capt's route! :nyanpasu:

Spoiler

Man, I really like his childish nature~ It's really refreshing to see a guy who isn't horny on main, ESPECIALLY in Majikoi lol

My sadistic side was expecting to see Capt more distraught by that conversation with Hideo but oh well! I really liked the ideia of drawing that panoramic map, it was lovely :abilove: It felt a little dragged at times but it wasn't a bad time.

So far, the one I enjoyed the most is Moro's (amongst the sub routes I've played so far - which are the bros') tho.

----------

Well, next ones are Chika, Mayo and Kojima-sensei!  :ezgif-2-df452814b3f1: LET'S GOOOOO--!