What are you playing?

22 minutes ago, Jardic47 said:

Personally, I thought limiting the story to that angle was kind of bad in this case. Sure, it's an eroge, but it could have been better.

I mean, it would definitely be cool if they actually addressed the possibility. But I kind of understand why they didn't.

31 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:
Spoiler

But if, like you said, there was a scene where Miyuki was blaming the player and not Shinichi for forgiving Aoi, then this doesn't really make any sense.

Spoiler

She doesn't specifically mention anything about the player forgiving Aoi (as far as I can remember), but she's holding the player accountable for forcing Shinichi's hand in that situation and thus ruining Shinichi's and Miyuki's "eternal love". The problem is that the thing that became the last straw for Miyuki was when Shinichi slept with Aoi despite her unfaithfulness (Miyuki explains this outright during the baseball bat scene), and that isn't something the player actually had any say in. Well, technically, it was the player who made the choice to have Aoi explain her actions, eventually leading to her being forgiven by Shinichi and them having a threesome with Haru, but it's kinda ridiculous that you should be held responsible to such an extent for a couple of choices that don't by any means reflect the consequences that come of them.

3 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:
  Hide contents

She doesn't specifically mention anything about the player forgiving Aoi (as far as I can remember), but she's holding the player accountable for forcing Shinichi's hand in that situation and thus ruining Shinichi's and Miyuki's "eternal love". The problem is that the thing that became the last straw for Miyuki was when Shinichi slept with Aoi despite her unfaithfulness (Miyuki explains this outright during the baseball bat scene), and that isn't something the player actually had any say in. Well, technically, it was the player who made the choice to have Aoi explain her actions, eventually leading to her being forgiven by Shinichi and them having a threesome with Haru, but it's kinda ridiculous that you should be held responsible to such an extent for a couple of choices that don't by any means reflect the consequences that come of them.

Hmmm. Maybe I should just reread that part.

Spoiler

Maybe I just assumed that they was talking about the previous h-scene and misunderstood this part, and that's why I don't remember this.

Actually, I wonder, does not choosing to allow Aoi to explain her actions lead to different result? Because I don't think I actually tried the different option. I assumed that they would just make things somehow work out with her, thus leading to the same result, but maybe I should've tried it while I had a chance.

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:
Spoiler

Actually, I wonder, does not choosing to allow Aoi to explain her actions lead to different result?

Spoiler

Haven't tried it myself, but from what I understand, rejecting Aoi by immediately throwing her out of the house without any explanation leads you back to Miyuki's route. (Which would also prove that what Miyuki says during the baseball bat scene, about Shinichi fucking Aoi despite her unfaithfulness being the trigger for Miyuki going berserk, is actually true.)

6 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:
  Hide contents

Haven't tried it myself, but from what I understand, rejecting Aoi by immediately throwing her out of the house without any explanation leads you back to Miyuki's route. (Which would also prove that what Miyuki says during the baseball bat scene, about Shinichi fucking Aoi despite her unfaithfulness being the trigger for Miyuki going berserk, is actually true.)

Spoiler

I see. Come to think of it, after Miyuki learned that Shinichi and Aoi had sex for the first time, she did say something that she was willing to forgive him (or the player, I'm not sure) if it was the only time, which implies that there was an option to do that. But yeah, you're right, that particular choice didn't really feel like it would lead to him forgiving her. I mean, listening to both sides is a natural thing to do in that situation. And I think I still thought that there was a possibility that it was all somehow set up by Miyuki.

1 minute ago, Jardic47 said:

I haven't played the When They Cry series yet, but I have been following what I could read and I have been trying to figure out what the problem is. Is this about the main games or is this about the side stuff that was on the consoles?

I don't understand your post nor your question

7 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

They also pretty much completely dismissed the notion that girls might want to read this VN.

as a big lesbian, I just do the old trick that almost all lesbians and girls who like to read good vns do: attach your imaginary dick and enjoy the story lol I don't mind sexual content, a lot of time I just find it ridiculous or not my thing bc I have a girl's body and don't find huge tits that hurt your back sexy, I can f e e l the pain. Sorry for the rant lol I just find that really fucking annoying haha

I am pretty hyped for totono but my old friend called "vns I haven't finished on my desktop" is still here

Edited by Leonor

So after a good long spell of hiding under a rock I tried DDLC, which felt like a completely shallow rip off of MYTH. However, I did quite enjoy the mind f**k.

But compared to MYTH, which truly was a gem and rather different from what I normally read, I was just left wanting more as it was shorter than a prologue. I'm thinking I may finally begin Higurashi next as I've read elsewhere that its similar to both and could do with a little more mind f**k. :wahaha:

Edited by Trickay
Failure to use the English language.

7 minutes ago, Trickay said:

So after a good long spell of hiding under a rock I tried DDLC, which felt like a completely shallow rip off of MYTH. However, I did quite enjoy the mind f**k.

Hmm, are they actually similar? I remember trying Myth some time ago, but it felt a bit too weird even for my tastes. :vanilla:

I thought I'd finally get around to reading Air now that my workload is much lighter, but I'm having some trouble with my saves. To be specific, they keep disappearing randomly when I start the game. It doesn't happen every time (for example, it worked fine both yesterday and the day before that), but now they're gone again and it's getting more and more annoying (and time-consuming) having to skip through the game to find the point where I left off in my previous session.
The saves are still in the SAVEDATA folder, but the load screen in the game is completely empty.
Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it? I've tried running in compatibility mode and as administrator, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

13 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

I thought I'd finally get around to reading Air now that my workload is much lighter, but I'm having some trouble with my saves. To be specific, they keep disappearing randomly when I start the game. It doesn't happen every time (for example, it worked fine both yesterday and the day before that), but now they're gone again and it's getting more and more annoying (and time-consuming) having to skip through the game to find the point where I left off in my previous session.
The saves are still in the SAVEDATA folder, but the load screen in the game is completely empty.
Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it? I've tried running in compatibility mode and as administrator, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'd probably just run it in a windows XP virtual machine. Trying to run older games on newer systems is a nightmare.

I doubt that's the case if the files still appear, but maybe you should check that none of the game files are set to read-only. Also, maybe reinstalling the game and putting it on a different drive will help?

22 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I'd probably just run it in a windows XP virtual machine. Trying to run older games on newer systems is a nightmare.

I've never had any trouble like this before, though. I've been able to run Moon, One and a bunch of other supposedly problematic games just fine on Windows 10, but if nothing else works, I'll give a virtual machine a go. I don't have any experience using one, but I guess it can't be that hard to set up.

10 minutes ago, Jardic47 said:

have you tried deleting the folder and starting the game? I do that a lot and it fixes save issues for me.

Nope, haven't tried that, so I will do so now and keep my fingers crossed I won't run into any further issues!

Incidentally, I also decided to return to When They Cry series for a bit.

Looks like some kind soul decided to go and make a VN adaptation of the Confessions chapter from Umineko manga. (Are we allowed to discuss something like that of this forum? I don't know, I'll delete this post if it's considered problematic.) The truth is, though I pretty much knew the content of this chapter, I never actually went and read the manga, so the story was new for me. As for how my impressions go, as it turns out, I managed to completely forget how great Umineko soundtrack is. Also, Umineko was always the best because of how amazing its cast was, and this chapter focuses on probably the most interesting and developed character from the cast, so it was interesting to see what they went through. On the other hand, well, there was a very good reason why this chapter wasn't included in the original VN, and I kind of feel like the very existence of it kind of contradicts what the last episode of Umineko was trying to convey. On the other hand, this chapter makes makes the story feel more complete, so I don't know, I have mixed feelings about it.

By the way, I was thinking about finally going back to Rose Guns Days, which I really should've finished years ago, but does anybody know if the download version is still available somewhere? Mangagamer don't have it anymore, and, as far as I can tell, neither do popular Japanese sites.

2 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Incidentally, I also decided to return to When They Cry series for a bit.

Looks like some kind soul decided to go and make a VN adaptation of the Confessions chapter from Umineko manga. (Are we allowed to discuss something like that of this forum? I don't know, I'll delete this post if it's considered problematic.) The truth is, though I pretty much knew the content of this chapter, I never actually went and read the manga, so the story was new for me. As for how my impressions go, as it turns out, I managed to completely forget how great Umineko soundtrack is. Also, Umineko was always the best because of how amazing its cast was, and this chapter focuses on probably the most interesting and developed character from the cast, so it was interesting to see what they went through. On the other hand, well, there was a very good reason why this chapter wasn't included in the original VN, and I kind of feel like the very existence of it kind of contradicts what the last episode of Umineko was trying to convey. On the other hand, this chapter makes makes the story feel more complete, so I don't know, I have mixed feelings about it.

That is how I felt about the series. I never played it, but I know what happened from people on discord. They talk a lot about it and i agree on the soundtrack. It was awesome. 

2 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

By the way, I was thinking about finally going back to Rose Guns Days, which I really should've finished years ago, but does anybody know if the download version is still available somewhere? Mangagamer don't have it anymore, and, as far as I can tell, neither do popular Japanese sites.

It was only a patch, but I would recommend looking on a pirate website for this. I do have a link to the actual patch if you want it.

Here is the link to the patch for the game. https://www.witch-hunt.com/stage_rgd4.html