What are you playing?

7 hours ago, adamstan said:

I wouldn't say that the backstory changes

Spoiler

I might have worded this kinda badly. It would probably be more appropriate to say that his backstory is unclear due to the player never being told which events actually happened to him and which didn't, since the story goes in different directions depending on the choices. He supposedly only raped his sister during her route, since he mentions being a virgin in another one, but there was still an awkward distance and lack of intimacy between them during the other routes, so he most likely forced himself on her but just didn't go through with the rest of the act.

8 hours ago, adamstan said:

Family Project gets hard to read in some places due to editing issues. (the text almost literally falls apart in some lines...)

Yeah, I read a suggestion from someone about making an edit patch, but I doubt it'll ever happen so I'll just make do with this.
My first impression of the VN is great, at least. I tend to enjoy the premise of a group of misfits banding together, and it's pretty interesting how they manage to keep everything (so far) so lighthearted despite the characters dealing with some pretty heavy issues.

1 hour ago, Seraphim88 said:
  Hide contents

I might have worded this kinda badly. It would probably be more appropriate to say that his backstory is unclear due to the player never being told which events actually happened to him and which didn't, since the story goes in different directions depending on the choices. He supposedly only raped his sister during her route, since he mentions being a virgin in another one, but there was still an awkward distance and lack of intimacy between them during the other routes, so he most likely forced himself on her but just didn't go through with the rest of the act.

Spoiler

If I remember correctly, even when you choose "rape" option, he still finally remains a virgin, as they're interrupted anyways. So in all versions of backstory he forced himself on her, but haven't gone all the way. The only difference being in their attitudes.

Yeah, I read a suggestion from someone about making an edit patch, but I doubt it'll ever happen so I'll just make do with this.

It was actually me who attempted it, but you're right - it definitely won't happen soon :( I have all scripts extracted and prepared, but it's huuge, and I feel overwhelmed by it.

My first impression of the VN is great, at least. I tend to enjoy the premise of a group of misfits banding together, and it's pretty interesting how they manage to keep everything (so far) so lighthearted despite the characters dealing with some pretty heavy issues.

It can get pretty heavy in the routes, but I liked it.

Edited by adamstan

17 minutes ago, adamstan said:
Spoiler

If I remember correctly, even when you choose "rape" option, he still finally remains a virgin, as they're interrupted anyways

Spoiler

Unfortunately, they're only interrupted after he goes through with it. I wish it hadn't happened, since it severely lessened my opinion of Ryou as a character and didn't seem at all like something he would do, based on how he usually behaves. It's hard to accept that he'd do something so fucked up just because he found out that he's adopted.

17 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I have all scripts extracted and prepared, but it's huuge, and I feel overwhelmed by it.

Yeah, I can imagine. Kudos to all the fan translators out there who puts up with the massive amount of work that a VN translation entails, without getting paid for it.

Edited by Seraphim88

23 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:
  Hide contents

Unfortunately, they're only interrupted after he goes through with it. I wish it hadn't happened, since it severely lessened my opinion of Ryou as a character and didn't seem at all like something he would do, based on how he usually behaves. It's hard to accept that he'd do something so fucked up just because he found out that he's adopted.

Spoiler

Ah, so apparently it's so hard to accept, that my memory rejected/distorted it. But you're right, it's totally fucked up.

Just now, adamstan said:
Spoiler

Ah, so apparently it's so hard to accept, that my memory rejected/distorted it. But you're right, it's totally fucked up.

Spoiler

You might have just confused it with the other outcome from the choice before the event. If you choose "Do her", he goes through with it all. If you pick the other choice (I don't remember what it said), he still forces himself on her and gropes her chest, but they're interrupted before he penetrates her. Judging by how the story goes in the other routes, that's probably the canon backstory for Ayame.

3 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I can imagine. Kudos to all the fan translators out there who puts up with the massive amount of work that a VN translation entails, without getting paid for it.

Family Project was really good even though I've only cleared Aoba's route

Yes, that's his name ;) Weird, but he's weird as well ;) In JP version it's ウェルカム - so basically "Welcome" written in katakana.

But this line isn't too bad. It sounds a bit weird, but it's easy to understand. In later parts there were some lines that were almost incomprehensible. To at least try to understand them I had to "reverse engineer" them ;)

Edited by adamstan

Well I finished playing Cinderella Phenomenon and I got to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think that is almost entirely due to how great and well developed the protag was

She felt like a kindred spirit and I felt I could really empathized with her, I also liked how she showed a remarkable amount of growth without sacrificing the things I liked about her personality

The dudes were alright except Rumple, boy was he aggravating as a character and his route was the worst out of the lot.

It was a mistake to play his route last

I might give it a 7 or and 8

If I give it an 8 than it's all due to the protag

I'll probably play steam prison  next

Edited by Ranzo

On 13/03/2019 at 7:15 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well, if you ever decide to check it out, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. At the very least, I've found it very inoffensive, which is in direct opposition to most Dharker games, not just those super-early ones. :)

So, I played a route in Highschool Romance and... I really really like it!
I had an inkling that any trap protagonists that aren't in a nukige will, by necessity, fit into my tastes, but I really like Shoji! He basically fits this

Once he gets used to the idea, after the first week or so, he becomes able to casually interact with everybody. And, unlike normal protagonists, he isn't constantly thinking about people's bodies or sex. Wonderful!
In one of the common route paths a female friend fell asleep on his shoulder and he ended up going to sleep too.
Do you know how much I love having a protagonist that doesn't go "I-I can't sleep." "I didn't sleep that night because my friend from school was sleeping over." Urgh, horrible.

(He's also smooth as h*ck once he knows somebody is interested in him but that's an aside)

18 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

So, I played a route in Highschool Romance and... I really really like it! (...)

Yeah, I guess these are all the things that summed up in my mind as this game's "wholesomeness". There's also something to appreciate with how the heroines behave (at least the classmates, the principal route has a very different dynamic for obvious reasons), quickly noticing something's off but respecting protagonist's privacy, at worst pushing him a bit to come clean. This really is such a weird game for Dharker, of all people, to make.

The sequel also has a little bit of these qualities, but damn, that game is just wasted potential incarnate. Great concept, characters, art... And all put together in a weirdly unsatisfying manner. At least the sheer incompetence of that fell more like something Dharker would do. :D

... :vinty:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

On 07/06/2019 at 12:29 AM, OdaNova said:

I'm just finishing up the True route for Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (999).

I finished it! :)

I liked it, they sure did their research on pseudoscience... That ending was a bit hmm though. 

Spoiler

I really wanted to see Akane and Junpei reunite, but I guess we have to go with the Alice cameo. There were one or two loose ends I'm surprised they didn't tie up in the conclusion given they accounted for most things? Er, well timey wimey stuff excepted. Hopefully will find out more in the sequel, but I'm going to have a break from reading visual novels for a bit. :)

Found out today that the walkthrough for Family Project here on Fuwanovel is incorrect. I've been doing exactly what it says and finished Matsuri's route yesterday, but today when I went for Chunhua's route, I hit a dead end. Rather than the route continuing with

Spoiler

the part where Chunhua meets her mother, it just abruptly ends with Tsukasa leaving the house and hooking up with Kei. I assume that's actually the bad ending of the game.

I had to start the entire game over again with a different guide (from GameFAQs) in order to access and finish Chunhua's route.

Found out today that the walkthrough for Family Project here on Fuwanovel is incorrect. I've been doing exactly what it says and finished Matsuri's route yesterday, but today when I went for Chunhua's route, I hit a dead end. Rather than the route continuing with

Reveal hidden contents

the part where Chunhua meets her mother, it just abruptly ends with Tsukasa leaving the house and hooking up with Kei. I assume that's actually the bad ending of the game.

I had to start the entire game over again with a different guide (from GameFAQs) in order to access and finish Chunhua's route.

If you could share what needs to be fixed, I can go fix it.

Wow, I didn't even noticed that we had walkthrough for it here - I went with the one from GameFAQs too.

I'm still reading MashiroIro (quite slowly). Recently I finished common route and started Airi's. So far it's great - I'm loving characters, music, and even getting some jokes :D

14 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

If you could share what needs to be fixed, I can go fix it.

Since there are so many choices in the game, I can't really narrow it down to a single cause.
I first tried doing Chunhua's route over again from Save 1 (specified in the Fuwanovel walkthrough) but with the choices from fredward666's GameFAQs guide, but that ended up putting me on Masumi's route instead. After that, I replayed the game in its entirety and followed fredward666's guide for the common route as well, and that properly led me to Chunhua's route and made me eventually reach her ending. I saw several scenes with her that never happened when I used the Fuwanovel guide, and the story continued on at the point where it should, rather than give me the bad ending I got by following the Fuwa guide.

In other words, to be absolutely sure to reach Chunhua's ending, you should pick the choices listed in fredward666's guide for both the common route and Chunhua's route.  I doubt the save points in the Fuwanovel walkthrough would still be applicable if you go with these other choices though, so you'd have to consider this a completely separate playthrough.

Edited by Seraphim88

3 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

Since there are so many choices in the game, I can't really narrow it down to a single cause.
I first tried doing Chunhua's route over again from Save 1 (specified in the Fuwanovel walkthrough) but with the choices from fredward666's GameFAQs guide, but that ended up putting me on Masumi's route instead. After that, I replayed the game in its entirety and followed fredward666's guide for the common route as well, and that properly led me to Chunhua's route and made me eventually reach her ending. I saw several scenes with her that never happened when I used the Fuwanovel guide, and the story continued on at the point where it should, rather than give me the bad ending I got by following the Fuwa guide.

In other words, to be absolutely sure to reach Chunhua's ending, you should pick the choices listed in fredward666's guide for both the common route and Chunhua's route.  I doubt the save points in the Fuwanovel walkthrough would still be applicable if you go with these other choices though, so you'd have to consider this a completely separate playthrough.

Thank you!

That guide should never have been accepted to begin with for other reasons... but as it is now... I'll probably leave it in the unformatted walkthroughs forum along with a warning that at least the guide to Chunhua's route is not working as intended.

Completed Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. Overall not really that interesting, but this particular scene caught my attention because of the manga references LOL

manga-references.png

Next up, Hakuouki. My knowledge of the Shinsengumi is only limited to the ones in FGO, and I only happen to know 3 of them:

1. Hijikata Toshizou

75060.jpg 350?cb=20171206160558

2. Okita Souji

75065.jpg350?cb=20180401084031

3. Sakamoto Ryouma

75071.jpg350?cb=20180617153050

Nevertheless, the synopsis looks interesting and I'm looking forward to it :)

P.S Is there a route order in Hakuouki?

Edited by wei123

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

P.S Is there a route order in Hakuouki?

Not really, although I guess it makes sense to go for the more prominent members of the Shinsengumi first like Hijikata Toshizou. After that it's kind of interesting to experience the story from a somewhat different perspective and go for Kazama Chikage. Sakamoto Ryouma was also a character I only met in certain circumstances.

Nevertheless, the first part Kyoto Winds can be considered the common route, which doesn't really has a lot of character specific route parts. The second part Edo Blossoms has pretty much all the individual story parts. But considering there are 12 character routes, which aren't so different to each other, I'd pick a few favorites and go for them.

Played through my first route in Fureraba. Since the only parts of it i fully enjoyed were the portions with dating sim mechanics straight out of Amagami, i can't wait for the translation of it to be finished to that i can tell everyone to play that instead.

Finished it. Himari was the best route by far, but it didn't change my feeling that this should've been a pure dating sim instead.

Edited by onorub