What are you playing?

Just the idea of superpowers through torture. I didn’t want to go into detail and possibly spoil it for someone. :maple:

7 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Sorry for hiatus, life doesn't want me to finish FataMorgana I guess:makina:

I'll get to it. Eventually. Maybe. It really is good, but

But hory shi look at my collection of otomes I just splurged on, these are all from dev Otomate who made Code Realize which was pretty fun and got me into the genre (naw it's cuz I has a things for female protags)

Oh, and Muv Luv. Finally, right? :Chocola:

PXVRz6F.jpg

NICE HAUL !!! :mare:

As promised I did play Escalayer, and instead of ninja like back at Haruka we have android clone of your childhood friend who can turn into magical girl in order to fight evil. Of course since this came from the same series as Haruka, we'll be able to power up through sex, and since the MC (Kyouhei) is the one who found out about the secret the task to power up Escalayer is up to him. No much I can say I admit, so VNDB synopsis would explain better compared to mine here.

For the gameplay, once again we have RNG and dice to deal in which it can make some random occurrence in determined whether we'll be able to have sex or not. But this time we also need to deal with the random RNG in the battle as well which to said it wouldn't be the most favorable gameplay, although at least in R version it should be improved compared to the old version. As for the randomness in battle, it was in regard of the skill in which Escalayer will be able to obtain it and at each turn one of the skill will selected randomly, and you can either activated the skill or using normal attack. Other than the randomness in the battle, the sex was still using the dice roll, although this time you can't freely raised the libido at the beginning. Oh and you can raise the status using SP, although this time you need to raise it manually instead though. So overall the gameplay here is the crude version of Haruka.

As for the flow of the story here, while once again it's only a cliche story, the enemy structure was quite different compared to Haruka. If in Haruka we have five cadres (Including brainwashed Subaru), in here we have nine cadres (Looking from JP Wiki of this) with one of those was the most prominent one who always accompanies the Monster of the Week (Frusts) - or in Haruka's term Kainin. Among those Frusts, there's some female and like back at Haruka you'll be able to have sex with them to atone them, and in turn the increase of the libido (Or in this case dice to boost the chance of suceess in regard of triggering the sex scenes).

I guess that's all for what I can understand in regard of Escalayer for now, and I hope that I'll be able to understand more about the gameplay once it's released by Mangagamer later.

PS - Forget to said that I slightly favored Kyouhei here because at least we get to see his face at the ADV scene, while in Haruka we never saw Takamaru's face.

Edited by littleshogun

Shake it now baby now~

Update on my Rewrite progress:

Spoiler

So I just finished Tyrande's Kotori's route. Ooff, let me get my thoughts together...

First of all I must say that overall this was a very enjoyable read. The common route was hilarious, top quality slice of life with pretty much no downsides or boring bits. The transition into the serious stuff was weird though. Obviously you are expecting the big "revelation", that everyone has powers and is into some shady stuff. Why would they then tag along and join in the Occult Club activities, I do not know, but whatever :leecher: I'm guessing at least some of them were already privy to Kotarou's backstory and powers, like Shizuru, who showed an unreasonable interest for him as Kotarou himself noticed.

And speaking of Kotarou's past, let's talk about his memory problems. Having Inoue's precedence, I don't think this is just a matter of hitting his head too hard during his "accidents" :makina: (speaking of which, why the hell does the Key sometimes attack him, and sometimes protect him like what happened with the dragon?). It's obvious that some organization there has the power to erase people's memories, but I have no clue as to why they would went so out of their way to do that instead of simply killing him. The reasonable answer would be that there's someone who has affection towards him and doesn't want to see him dead, just far from their business, but who could that be? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Kotori, the one who we already know was a childhood friend of Kotarou. In that case, I'm assuming there's someone (or more than one) in the main cast who was also childhood friends with him, and is responsible for his memory loss either directly or indirectly. So the most probable waifus here are Shizuru, who we know is part of the organization that wants to kill the Key (I mean, she freaking shot her XD) and Lucia, who we know is most likely Shizuru's ally. Akane is kind of a mistery as to who she sides with. She may even be independent, like Kotori.

As for the Key's objective, I'm inclined to think that that "salvation" doesn't comprise the human race :mare: Knowing how this shit usually goes, it's more likely to be "a salvation for earth, from humanity". The biggest mistery is why the Key is so fixed on Kotarou? After Kotori uses her "aurora" to heal him it kinda makes sense... maybe, but the Key'd attacked him even before that. Well, that's assuming she was the cause of his first "accident", but there is no reason to think otherwise. That leads me to think that there has always been something special about Kotarou, even before Kotori gave him his aurora and rewrite powers.

Welp, enough with the theories. One reads key VNs to feel, not to think too hard, so let's talk about the feels some. Admittedly it doesn't take much to get me crying like the bitch I am, so meh, not the most reliable opinion in that department. It didn't hit so hard as Clannad or LB!, but it does tug at your heartstrings, mostly thanks to the superb job of Kotori's seiyuu. God I love her voice. Hearing her in such pain, which her voice conveyed perfectly, made me tear up, not gonna lie; even though by that time I didn't even know her full story!! That's quite an achievement. Her being such a lovable character in a unique way also helps a lot. As for her story... hmm maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't really make that much sense to me. Why does she feel the obligation to keep on going with the duty of protecting the Key after realising she has been "tricked" by that fucking plant familiar? The contract was based on the premise that she could bring her parents back to life, but making two zombies hardly counts. I was expecting them to say that it was a loophole à la Madoka Magica, and breaking the contract once agreed upon would have nasty consequences, but they never mentioned that. Aside from that, yeah... what a shitty life for such a sweet little girl. Feels bad, man.

For the next route I think I'll go for Lucia. I've heard her route is kind of independent from the rest plot-wise, so I thought it might be a good idea to stick it in between and get some rest from Kotori's route. If you guys have other suggestions I'm all ears :sachi:

41 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Shake it now baby now~

Hide contents

So I just finished Tyrande's Kotori's route. Ooff, let me get my thoughts together...

First of all I must say that overall this was a very enjoyable read. The common route was hilarious, top quality slice of life with pretty much no downsides or boring bits. The transition into the serious stuff was weird though. Obviously you are expecting the big "revelation", that everyone has powers and is into some shady stuff. Why would they then tag along and join in the Occult Club activities, I do not know, but whatever :leecher: I'm guessing at least some of them were already privy to Kotarou's backstory and powers, like Shizuru, who showed an unreasonable interest for him as Kotarou himself noticed.

And speaking of Kotarou's past, let's talk about his memory problems. Having Inoue's precedence, I don't think this is just a matter of hitting his head too hard during his "accidents" :makina: (speaking of which, why the hell does the Key sometimes attack him, and sometimes protect him like what happened with the dragon?). It's obvious that some organization there has the power to erase people's memories, but I have no clue as to why they would went so out of their way to do that instead of simply killing him. The reasonable answer would be that there's someone who has affection towards him and doesn't want to see him dead, just far from their business, but who could that be? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Kotori, the one who we already know was a childhood friend of Kotarou. In that case, I'm assuming there's someone (or more than one) in the main cast who was also childhood friends with him, and is responsible for his memory loss either directly or indirectly. So the most probable waifus here are Shizuru, who we know is part of the organization that wants to kill the Key (I mean, she freaking shot her XD) and Lucia, who we know is most likely Shizuru's ally. Akane is kind of a mistery as to who she sides with. She may even be independent, like Kotori.

As for the Key's objective, I'm inclined to think that that "salvation" doesn't comprise the human race :mare: Knowing how this shit usually goes, it's more likely to be "a salvation for earth, from humanity". The biggest mistery is why the Key is so fixed on Kotarou? After Kotori uses her "aurora" to heal him it kinda makes sense... maybe, but the Key'd attacked him even before that. Well, that's assuming she was the cause of his first "accident", but there is no reason to think otherwise. That leads me to think that there has always been something special about Kotarou, even before Kotori gave him his aurora and rewrite powers.

Welp, enough with the theories. One reads key VNs to feel, not to think too hard, so let's talk about the feels some. Admittedly it doesn't take much to get me crying like the bitch I am, so meh, not the most reliable opinion in that department. It didn't hit so hard as Clannad or LB!, but it does tug at your heartstrings, mostly thanks to the superb job of Kotori's seiyuu. God I love her voice. Hearing her in such pain, which her voice conveyed perfectly, made me tear up, not gonna lie; even though by that time I didn't even know her full story!! That's quite an achievement. Her being such a lovable character in a unique way also helps a lot. As for her story... hmm maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't really make that much sense to me. Why does she feel the obligation to keep on going with the duty of protecting the Key after realising she has been "tricked" by that fucking plant familiar? The contract was based on the premise that she could bring her parents back to life, but making two zombies hardly counts. I was expecting them to say that it was a loophole à la Madoka Magica, and breaking the contract once agreed upon would have nasty consequences, but they never mentioned that. Aside from that, yeah... what a shitty life for such a sweet little girl. Feels bad, man.

For the next route I think I'll go for Lucia. I've heard her route is kind of independent from the rest plot-wise, so I thought it might be a good idea to stick it in between and get some rest from Kotori's route. If you guys have other suggestions I'm all ears :sachi:

I went through Rewrite in the following order: Kotori --> Chihaya --> Lucia --> Shizuru --> Akane --> Moon --> Terra. You don't have to follow my order, but I think it's better if you played Shizuru's route and Lucia's route one after the other.

As for your questions,

Spoiler

a lot of them can easily be answered by reading the Moon and Terra routes. I feel like answering your questions, but I'm afraid I may give out some spoilers LOL

You should also probably watch the anime after finishing the vn, since there's an utter lack of art and animation despite the abundance of action scenes, and you can understand some parts better.

Anyways, I wish you all the best trying to complete this behemoth of a VN!  :sachi:

9 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Shake it now baby now~

Hide contents

Lucia! Lucia! Lucia!

She is the best girl!

3 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Lucia! Lucia! Lucia!

She is the best girl!

You sure you're not just a big tsundere fetishist? :makina: Not that I mind some mild tsunderism myself. She does seem to have potential, we'll see.

11 hours ago, wei123 said:

I went through Rewrite in the following order: Kotori --> Chihaya --> Lucia --> Shizuru --> Akane --> Moon --> Terra. You don't have to follow my order, but I think it's better if you played Shizuru's route and Lucia's route one after the other.

Hmm I see, then I think I'll go Kotori > Lucia > Shizuru > Chihaya > Akane. 

You should also probably watch the anime after finishing the vn, since there's an utter lack of art and animation despite the abundance of action scenes, and you can understand some parts better.

I've heard the anime is pretty terrible, but yeah, after the VN it won't hurt to check it out if only for the sake of watching the action scenes and animated waifus :leecher:

Anyways, I wish you all the best trying to complete this behemoth of a VN! 

Thank you! If every route is as entertaining as Kotori's I think it won't be a problem.

13 hours ago, Thyndd said:

One reads key VNs to feel, not to think too hard

This isn't a typical key VN though. There are some really emotional moments, but you really shouldn't expect the same impact as from Clannad, for example.

28 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Hmm I see, then I think I'll go Kotori > Lucia > Shizuru > Chihaya > Akane. 

Go for Chihaya before Shizuru. Otherwise you'll spoil a pretty important twist in Chihaya's route, and the ending for Shizuru won't make any sense at all.

12 hours ago, wei123 said:

You should also probably watch the anime after finishing the vn

To be honest, I'd recommend skipping it at all. It's nice to see all the scenes from the common and the true routes animated, but, to be honest, the adaptation is just terrible, and the anime original arc is basically just a weird attempt to make all the routes into one.

Oh, and good luck reading it. :sachi: It's definitely going to take you some time to finish it.

I just finished One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~

Not perfect, but not bad. This VN feels a bit unpolished, like a demo record of a band ;) It presents many ideas that will be further developed in KEY games (like Dream World, the power of promises etc). It can also be considered team's first attempt at establishing their nakige formula. It didn't fully succeed, but the seeds were sown.

The start however wasn't great. Common route was fun, but then I started with Nagamori's route, full of high hopes, as I have soft spot for osananajimi heroines. However, this route wasn't very good - I really disliked the protag's behaviour in it

Spoiler

and the fact, that you have to be total ass to your girlfriend to get good end - basically, they have to hit the bottom so they can bounce off it, but it made me feel rather bad while reading.

OTOH maybe starting with this route was good idea to have it out of the way in the beginning ;) BTW Nagamori herself is good, she just got bad route.

4816.jpg

Then I read Misaki's and Mio's routes - and they're easily two best girls in this game for me :wub:. Their interactions also are pretty amusing, as Misaki is blind, while Mio is mute but somehow they manage to get along well - with a help of Kouhei of course. (BTW I wonder if Katawa Shoujo writers have read "One" ;) )

4818.jpg4819.jpg

Misaki's route was first that made me shed some tears. Mio's too.

Next was kuudere Akane. Her route was interesting, and it was really heartwarming to watch how near the end she warmed up to Kouhei. Also, Akane's route is special as

Spoiler

she already experienced her friend disappearing into Eternal World once.

4821.jpg

Here there were many feels again near the ending.

After that I read Nanase - she is the game's tsundere. The route was nice, and Nanase herself turned out to be very likeable. It seems that I generally like tsundere heroines in VNs too. This route was more lighthearted than the previous ones. And Nanase in deredere mode is sweeet :wub:

4817.jpg

Then there's little Mayu. Some say that this route is weak, but I liked it too. Nice tale about growing up.

4820.jpg

However, here (as well as in Nagamori's route) h-scene felt out of place and unnecessary - so, you may say, standard KEY quailty :P

But, surprisingly, scenes in remaining four routes were actually not bad. They were kept rather short (except for somewhat longer Nanase's), and without explicitly describing each move using ton of onomatopeic sounds. Instead, the writing was focused more at the bond between the characters (as that's actually the plot purpose of all these scenes, see spoiler tag below).

Hidden Hikami's mini route serves more as a description of world mechanics (however, after finishing some routes, and also getting some bad endings, you can figure most of it on your own).

Spoiler

Basically, after losing his family, Kouhei lost his will to live and decided/vowed to seek the Eternal World, where he wouldn't experience loss again. His wish comes true, but that means, that he starts to disappear from the world, fading away from all people's memories while drifting into the Eternal World (which first we see glimpses of in his dreams). Classic case of "Beware what you wish for".

To be saved, he needs to form bonds with other people - to have a reason to stay in this world. That's where girls' routes come - thanks to the bonds they form, the girls are the only ones that don't forget him, and while he still disappears, this makes it possible for him to return after some time.

As I mentioned previously, game feels somewhat unpolished - it shows that it was first of its kind for the team. Sometimes the story makes too sudden jumps. But still overally it was enjoyable read.

I got used to the graphics after a while, but they aren't that great. It looks like a transitional work between earlier pixel-art style, and modern one. The backgrounds especially feel lacking, with few details and overuse of gradients. Character sprites are okay (that is, as long as you're used to the Hinoue Itaru's style) but ancient game engine, that doesn't have any kind of smoothing, makes the sprite's edges look overly pixellated. CGs are mostly looking good. Music was nice too.

Download edition of the game can be still bought at getchu. Then you can apply translation patch. Translation quality is decent, and there weren't many typos or other glaring errors.

To sum it up - little rough over the edges, but nevertheless enjoyable experience. Check it out if you want to see the birth of the classic Key's formula.

7.5/10

Now I think I'll try YU-NO.

Edited by adamstan

I'm halfway through Lucia's route in Rewrite. I feel the urge to comment on some things:

Spoiler

Deito scene, and I'm having a diabetic shock and foaming at the mouth. Stop it, please, my haato can only take so much.

The first part was not too bad. The mistery was ok-ish, though it suffered from what I call the g-senjou syndrome, which consists in trying so hard to confuse the reader that you end up with scenes you can't actually give a proper explanation for later on, turning them into plotholes. Not only that, but it's so obvious what they are trying to accomplish that from the start you already know that Asahi Haruka and Lucia must be the same person, even though considering all the scenes there's literally no way on earth that could be true. It's not thaaat bad, but honestly I expected more from Higurashi's writer.

One aspect I really appreciate is being able to see the story through multiple perspectives: a neutral one in Kotori's case, and now the Guardian's perspective. I'm guessing Gaia's perspective is somewhere ahead in the VN, and can't wait to read that, since for the time being, my opinion on them is not so great: just a bunch of bigots. As if Greenpeace and Al-Qa'eda had a child :leecher:

And for everything positive this multiple perspective game has, it's also painful as fuck and it worries me so much not only knowing what Kotori is going through while playing Lucia's route, but also the fact that Kotarou might have to face her now that he's affiliated to Guardian. And then if on the next routes Kotarou affiliates to Gaia I'll have to go against my two previous waifus Kotori and Lucia :notlikemiya: STOP IT.

I'm playing Subarashiki Hibi (Wonderful Everyday) and I was happy with the novel until I came across the most awful and unforgivable thing I saw in a visual novel. Ignorance and propaganda! Mamiya Takuji said some unforgivable things about the thing that saved my life many times and the thing I love the most - Cars.

I'm sorry, I might come as crazy after that post, but I have huge need to write what I'm about to write. After all, this thread is about what we're playing now so I think that it must be alright to share what we like and what we don't like about the visual novels that we read.

Even if this is the best VN in the world, I'm seriously thinking about dropping it because some uneducated, ignorant writer decided that his character should just randomly rant about cars.

Because my statement may seem bold, I'll point out everything wrong he said about cars.

"Cars are just nuisances. No other mode of transportation does as much damage to the environment." It's been proven time and time again that cars cause less pollution than trains and planes (even per passenger). And don't even start me about ships. I have the data of many studies considering the subject, if someone is interested you can easily find information on the internet, if you can't, you can PM me and I'll show you some.

"There's almost always just one or two people in a single car. And they put out so much exhaust." I don't understand what is wrong with just one or two people in a single car? By exhaust, does he mean exhaust gasses? Cars put out exhaust gasses but again : Plains, trains, ships and even cows put out more CO2 than cars.

"A train doesn't put out any exhaust at all... Cars are just annoyances." I don't know about Japan but here, most trains are diesel-electric, and they aren't nearly as "clean" as diesel cars, because all cars (especially diesels) are very harshly regulated to produce levels of pollution which the car engineers before 15 years thought were impossible. Even electric trains are more polluting than cars if we consider things like : the making of the infrastructure for trains, production of batteries and that more than 65% of all the electricity comes from fossil fuels and almost 40% is from coal. And on top of that trains are very inconvenient and hugely expensive.

"The number of people smoking has been declining lately. I wish the same thing would start to happen with cars." That will never happen, there will always be people who are passionate about cars.

"Car exhaust is just as bothersome as cigarette smoke" I don't go around, shoving my car exhaust gasses in people's faces, but some smokers don't care where they exhale their smoke.

"And what's even more annoying than that... Girls like guys who can drive." What's wrong with that? There are some men who drive cars just to impress women but they are less than 20% of all drivers.

"Are you stupid? Don't use a car. Just ride the train..." I have gone to the trouble of working countless hours, and have invested huge quantities of blood, sweat and tears (literally) for my car, and some random kid tells me to ride the train? That is never going to happen.

"Everyone talks about going green and how we should save the planet, so why do they drive cars?" Because cars are "greener" than anything other from walking and scooters.    I know that almost nobody believes in that one, because of the media, which is screaming in our faces everyday (for more than 40 years now) that cars are dirty and cause a billion deaths a year and the oil is ending in 10 years time, according to the media we’re also supposed to have hit the next ice age, and apparently the world is going to ignite and turn to ash like a cartoon character if we don’t immediately stop using anything that the government doesn't profit on and return to the stone age.

"Well, I guess that's just how it is... They're just being manipulated by the media. Because the media has to answer to the big corporations." Are car manufacturers bigger corporations than the ministry of transportation?

"Yeah, it bugs me... Those fools should just die." I hope he dies many times in the novel if that is possible.

"Pretty much all the guys who are into cars are lowlifes... Well, either that or gearheads. And pretty much only idiots like cars." What basis does he have to say that? That's like me saying "only idiots like skiing" or something like that. That is just ignorant.

Edited by Mago Ivo

14 minutes ago, Mago Ivo said:

I'm playing Subarashiki Hibi (Wonderful Everyday) and I was happy with the novel until I came across the most awful and unforgivable thing I saw in a visual novel. Ignorance and propaganda! Mamiya Takuji said some unforgivable things about the thing that saved my life many times and the think I love the most - Cars.

I'm sorry, I might come as crazy after that post, but I have huge need to write what I'm about to write.                                                                                                                                  After all, this thread is about what we're playing now so I think that it must be alright to share what we like and what we don't like about the visual novels that we read.

Even if this is the best VN in the world, I'm seriously thinking about dropping it because some uneducated, ignorant writer decided that his character should just randomly rant about cars.

Because my statement may seem bold, I'll point out everything wrong he said about cars.

"Cars are just nuisances. No other mode of transportation does as much damage to the environment."                                                                                                                                          It's been proven time and time again that cars cause less pollution than trains and planes (even per passenger). And don't even start me about ships.                                                                      I have the data of many studies considering the subject, if someone is interested you can easily find information on the internet, if you can't, you can PM me and I'll show you some.

"There's almost always just one or two people in a single car. And they put out so much exhaust." I don't understand what is wrong with just one or two people in a single car?                                By exhaust, does he mean exhaust gasses? Cars put out exhaust gasses but again : Plains, trains, ships and even cows put out more CO2 than cars.

"A train doesn't put out any exhaust at all... Cars are just annoyances." I don't know about Japan but here, most trains are diesel-electric, and they aren't nearly as "clean" as diesel cars,              because all cars (especially diesels) are very harshly regulated to produce levels of pollution which the car engineers before 15 years thought were impossible.                                                        Even electric trains are more polluting than cars if we consider things like : the making of the infrastructure for trains, production of batteries and that more than 65% of all the electricity comes from fossil fuels and almost 40% is from coal. And on top of that trains are very inconvenient and hugely expensive.

"The number of people smoking has been declining lately. I wish the same thing would start to happen with cars." This will never happen, there will always be people who are passionate about cars.

"Car exhaust is just as bothersome as cigarette smoke." I don't go around, shoving my car exhaust gasses in people's faces, but some smokers don't care where they exhale their smoke.

"And what's even more annoying than that... Girls like guys who can drive." What's wrong with that? There are some men who drive cars just to impress women but they are less than 20% of all drivers.

"Are you stupid? Don't use a car. Just ride the train..." I have gone to the trouble of working countless ours and have invested huge quantities of blood, sweat and tears (literally) for my car,            and some random kid tells me to ride the train? That is never going to happen.

"Everyone talks about going green and how we should save the planet, so why do they drive cars?" Because cars are "greener" than anything other from walking and scooters.                                  I know that almost nobody believes in that one, because of the media, which is screaming in our faces everyday (for more than 40 years now) that cars are dirty and cause a billion deaths a year    and the oil is ending in 10 years time, according to the media we’re also supposed to have hit the next ice age,                                                                                                                          and apparently the world is going to ignite and turn to ash like a cartoon character if we don’t immediately stop using anything that the government doesn't profit on and return to the stone age.

"Well, I guess that's just how it is... They're just being manipulated by the media. Because the media has to answer to the big corporations."                                                                            Which are bigger players, the ministry of transportation or car manufacturers?

"Yeah, it bugs me... Those fools should just die." I hope he dies many times in the novel if that is possible.

"Pretty much all the guys who are into cars are lowlifes... Well, either that or gearheads. And pretty much only idiots like cars." What basis does he have to say that?                                          That's like me saying "only idiots like skiing" or something like that. That is just ignorant.

Wow, i never thought that in such VN as "Subarashiki Hibi" if anyone would be arguing about something that would be... cars. Well, that was unexpected. You're free to point your opinion ofc and that was rather interesting to read tbf. Not everyday that happens. Anyway, now i'm interested what would your thoughts be about things that will happen down the road... If you decide to continue, that said.

P.S. VN was released first time in 2010, so... Things may be outdated) About pollution, for instance.

Edited by cro-mag

I probably overreacted because I'm experiencing lack of sleep. I thought about it rationally and I came to the conclusion that this thing about cars is probably around 0.000000001% of the whole novel and it's obviously not important to the plot, so it would be unreasonable and stupid to drop the vn because of that. I've decided to continue with the novel, but I don't know if I'll write about it, because I have difficulty expressing myself properly.

2 hours ago, Mago Ivo said:

I probably overreacted because I'm experiencing lack of sleep. I thought about it rationally and I came to the conclusion that this thing about cars is probably around 0.000000001% of the whole novel and it's obviously not important to the plot, so it would be unreasonable and stupid to drop the vn because of that. I've decided to continue with the novel, but I don't know if I'll write about it, because I have difficulty expressing myself properly.

Just remember, that things said by the characters are not necessarily the message of the author. Maybe it was put there to rile you up (though probably not to this degree ;)), to make the character pretentious etc. Don't take it at face value, especially in a VN like Subahibi :)

Although I agree with most things in that rant. >.>

Took way too long (I blame the ridiculously hot summer), but I finally finished Flowers Winter.

It didn't quite reach the heights that Summer & Autumn did, but I'm both pretty happy how everything tied together (even thought the mysteries weren't never the strong point) and bit sad that it's now over. It wasn't the 4 years it was for some fans, but I grew pretty fond of the series. Flowers nicely filled the craving for good slice-of-life that isn't at all satisfied by moe, but also positively surprised with it's character depth. I'm still blown away by Yuzuriha's and Erika's characterisation. Plus with the unabashed love for culture, be it novels, movies, plays, fairy tales... Flowers is such a warm and positive series. 

Other Flowers fans might also appreciate that I just recently picked up the first volume of Flowers novelization (plus another cute yuri novel), so I guess I'm not saying goodbyes to series quite yet.

Spoiler

5pcpB3d.jpg

I wonder what should I read next?

15 hours ago, Thyndd said:

As if Greenpeace and Al-Qa'eda had a child

Loool.

15 hours ago, Mago Ivo said:

I'm playing Subarashiki Hibi (Wonderful Everyday) and I was happy with the novel until I came across the most awful and unforgivable thing I saw in a visual novel. Ignorance and propaganda! Mamiya Takuji said some unforgivable things about the thing that saved my life many times and the thing I love the most - Cars.

You're definitely overreacting. Mamiya says a lot of other things which are simply wrong from logical perspective, and, like @Plk_Lesiak guessed, the things he said are definitely very far from what the author actually thinks.

Finished my reread of Umineko today.

Took me 90 hours total, with the PS3 sprites and voice acting.

A 10/10 visual novel, indeed. Not really my *favorite*, but the way it turns every concept on its head, the way just about every scene has five (or fifteen) hidden meanings, the immensely varied music, the stellar voice acting, the amazingly well-developed characters, and my undying love for the original art style all cement Umineko as one of the highest-quality stories I have ever experienced.

Felt short this time around, even. Took me only a month instead of three, though. Finished EP6 in two days which was cool.

I don't adore it as much as I respect it.

It's also made me realize I'm still shit at parsing, paying attention to, and understanding stories and characters.

I started YU-NO. So far I finished the prologue - and I'm really liking it and curious what will happen next. Art and music is great (I'm playing with PC-98 FM music pack), and it has two of my favourite voice actresses - Aya Hisakawa and Kikuko Inoue :)

Edited by adamstan

Now that I've finished Nier Automata I'll be using my PS4 to play Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, which I am enjoying, especially as more connections to the first game are showing up. Still, as I play further I can't help but wonder why Kuon isn't the main character instead of Haku. Considering who she is and the fact that the game pretty much makes it clear she's a badass and fairly intelligent that at least on paper sounds like a better protag choice than "Amnesiac guy who's kinda like Hakuoro except not as competent".