What are you playing?

I apologize for we really derailed this topic too much. To revert it to its natural flow i'll add that aside from Tsujidou i'm also reading Chaos;Child now, and currently on

Spoiler

Kazuki's

route. And yeah, it was really unexpected turn of events what happened here. Looking forward to its conclusion and true route as well. I've been reading this since January, all because of portable format, which i use not so often now. So it really took me a while to get to this route.

2 hours ago, cro-mag said:

I apologize for we really derailed this topic too much. To revert it to its natural flow i'll add that aside from Tsujidou i'm also reading Chaos;Child now, and currently on

Reveal hidden contents

Kazuki's

route. And yeah, it was really unexpected turn of events what happened here. Looking forward to its conclusion and true route as well. I've been reading this since January, all because of portable format, which i use not so often now. So it really took me a while to get to this route.

Are you enjoying it thus far? It's one of the 3 VNs I want to read most but at the same time I'm kind of scared that it won't match the height of Steins;Gate (my favorite VN). 

1 minute ago, snowbell55 said:

Are you enjoying it thus far? It's one of the 3 VNs I want to read most but at the same time I'm kind of scared that it won't match the height of Steins;Gate (my favorite VN). 

OK, first of all. If you're going to read Chaos;Child i recommend reading Chaos;Head first. It's a direct prequel after all. Now considering the story. Base plot is really interesting. Some people say that they like these VNs in this order (plot-wise): Chaos;Child -> Steins;Gate -> Chaos;Head. From most favorite to least one. Considering you finished Steins;Gate you can imagine how they like plot here, and these people really like Steins;Gate as well.

Now as for me. I also really like base plot. Story was interesting to follow. It's more brutal than Chaos;Head, mostly because of having "some" pictures depicting... some things. But overall i still place Steins;Gate on 1st place. And the main reason for that - characters. When usual stuff happens (slice of life stuff, no investigations or anything) sometimes i was just enduring these scenes because MC is so damn annoying. His whining pissed me off. Not VERY often but that happened. Also there is one girl - I SO HATE HER MOST OF THE TIME. She has a route though and it's also quite interesting. You understand some things here. But before that i even turned off sound in some places just not to hear her. Dunno, maybe it's me, maybe i watched too much anime and read too many VNs, so after all that i hate some kinds of anime cliche stuff that sometimes happens here.

Well, actually MC and that girl - are the only two things that i dislike here. Not always, but... There are such moments. It's also quite sad that there is no such character for me as was Makise Kurisu in Steins;Gate. No one i'm attracted to as i was attracted to Kurisu back then.

Overall, story-wise it's pretty good. Worth it, i think. But Chaos;Head first, that's my recommendation.

I finished F/SN Unlimited Blade Works :kosame:

Story-wise is almost identical to the Fate route, switching a horny Gilgamesh and a 'I do it for the lulz' priest for a horny Shinji and a 'I do it for the lulz' Gilgamesh. What changed the most are the characters interactions, and I must say that in that regard it was much more interesting than fate. Being a Saber's fan it kinda pains me a little that she doesn't have that much protagonism here, but oh well. Rin had that development she hadn't had during the previous route and she desperately needed. Now I can confidently say that I understand her much better. She is a competitive and self-confident person, but much less so than she strives to appear. She's also a very gente and kind girl at heart. Really interesting and seemingly contradictory (you know, at least according to the stereotypes) personality features that coexist in her. 

Shirou was... still bad, but ok, I guess he was at least somewhat better than Fate's Shirou. But please, PLEASE, stop with all the rambling on ideals and stuff. It is seriously getting boring af, and not by any means as deep as they make it to be. 

As for secondary characters... Was I the only one who actually felt bad for Ilya and Berserker? I mean, yeah, she was a merciless and cruel kid, but considering her upbringing it's only natural. She kinda reminds me of those country kids that amuse themselves ripping off insect's wings and legs. They have no notion of cruelty and haven't developed empathy yet. 

Also, Lancer is such a bro. You gotta love him :wafuu: I definitely would've loved for the cooperation to last a little bit longer. Ally Lancer is the best. 

Today I finished Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-

After such a long time finally a good MC in a VN. 
I loved Suoh's character development. From a timid and shy girl to a courageous, more open and friendly girl, who does everything to protect and help her friends. 

The last VN's I read were boring and I didn't have the motivation to finish it. However Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps- was great. 
It had everything what I actually wanted in a VN. A nice story, good drama, a bit of romance and a very good character development!
Furthermore I love every character in this VN, but Rikka was a bit annoying :P 

Spoiler

Nevertheless I hate that fucking ending.............. I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!! It's a damn CLIFFHANGER...  I should have waited until all parts are released...
Now I want to read the next part because it's about Erica and I really like her.

However I want my SENPAI<3 but her Story is in part 3...

20141007-00000005-dengeki-001-3-view.jpg

After that I want to read the final part about Suoh x Mayuri <3 

My favorite CG:

Spoiler

tumblr_nov7ryF6Vz1qa94xto1_1280.png

tumblr_nov7ryF6Vz1qa94xto2_1280.png

I WANT TO READ PART 2,... PART 3 (SENPAIIIIII:wub: & A forbbiden love between Sister<3) ... & PART4

I will probably have to wait 4 years until all prequels are released in english... Come on JAST USA...

Now I am feeling a void in my heart after finishing the first part. Why?

Spoiler

First of all it was a really good VN after such a long time and I didn't drop it.
Atm I am thinking that I won't find a good VN again for the time being. But the actual problem is that I won't find a really good Yuri-VN in english currently. 
Furthermore that cliffhanger... I really want to know what's going to happen after part 1. 

Edited by -soraa

8 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Hide contents

Story-wise is almost identical to the Fate route, switching a horny Gilgamesh and a 'I do it for the lulz' priest for a horny Shinji and a 'I do it for the lulz' Gilgamesh. What changed the most are the characters interactions, and I must say that in that regard it was much more interesting than fate. Being a Saber's fan it kinda pains me a little that she doesn't have that much protagonism here, but oh well. Rin had that development she hadn't had during the previous route and she desperately needed. Now I can confidently say that I understand her much better. She is a competitive and self-confident person, but much less so than she strives to appear. She's also a very gente and kind girl at heart. Really interesting and seemingly contradictory (you know, at least according to the stereotypes) personality features that coexist in her. 

Shirou was... still bad, but ok, I guess he was at least somewhat better than Fate's Shirou. But please, PLEASE, stop with all the rambling on ideals and stuff. It is seriously getting boring af, and not by any means as deep as they make it to be. 

As for secondary characters... Was I the only one who actually felt bad for Ilya and Berserker? I mean, yeah, she was a merciless and cruel kid, but considering her upbringing it's only natural. She kinda reminds me of those country kids that amuse themselves ripping off insect's wings and legs. They have no notion of cruelty and haven't developed empathy yet. 

Also, Lancer is such a bro. You gotta love him :wafuu: I definitely would've loved for the cooperation to last a little bit longer. Ally Lancer is the best. 

Time to move on to the best part! Remember that once you finish HF, you should probably watch Fate Zero afterwards.

8 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Great! Now prepare, the shit finally gets real in the next part.

28 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Time to move on to the best part! Remember that once you finish HF, you should probably watch Fate Zero afterwards.

Some people say it's the absolute best, no doubt, and others say that it's just another route and shoudn't get too hyped about it. Seems like it's fairly divided, and I like that :leecher:

41 minutes ago, wei123 said:

you should probably watch Fate Zero afterward

Will do, definitely! 

10 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

OOoops! Are you telling me that every time I ripped off all the legs of a grasshopper and stuck it in an ant pile or spiders web I was doing a bad thing?:illya:

But yeah, I really liked Rin's character through her route and Lancer was truly a great bro. Get ready for the third route though, it's gonna be a doozy.

So I'm still stuck on Kyou's route in Hatsukoi and, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, they actually used a condom during her sex scene. I think this is the first time I've seen a condom appear in a Visual Novel? It's mind blowing! Holy shit!

Also, this is straight up terrifying

Capturesfsdfsdfds.png

27 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

they actually used a condom during her sex scene. I think this is the first time I've seen a condom appear in a Visual Novel? It's mind blowing! Holy shit!

Wagamama High Spec had a condom appear in one H scene ...... (though it was taken off before the end anyways).

1 hour ago, r0xm2n said:

Wagamama High Spec had a condom appear in one H scene ...... (though it was taken off before the end anyways).

What a waste! They are like almost 5 bucks for a 6 pack or completely free if you go to your local planned parenthood.:makina:

Oh of course next sex scene and it's no condom chief,  ah well it was amazing while it lasted. (If they had mentioned an IUD I would have had to give it an instant 10)

Edited by Ranzo

52 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

So I'm still stuck on Kyou's route in Hatsukoi and, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, they actually used a condom during her sex scene. I think this is the first time I've seen a condom appear in a Visual Novel? It's mind blowing! Holy shit!

The first time I've seen that appear was in Grisaia no Meikyuu (and it was only in 1 route).

2 hours ago, Ranzo said:

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

The first time I've seen that appear was in Grisaia no Meikyuu (and it was only in 1 route).

I have a feeling that i've also seen this in School Days once...

3 hours ago, Ranzo said:

OOoops! Are you telling me that every time I ripped off all the legs of a grasshopper and stuck it in an ant pile or spiders web I was doing a bad thing?:illya:

You murderer! :pyaa:

3 hours ago, Ranzo said:

1 hour ago, cro-mag said:

I have a feeling that i've also seen this in School Days once...

I have the impression that, contrary to all logic, the usage of a condom is intended to bring out the "dirtiness" of the situation in contrast with a more romanticized sex. School Days is the example at hand, but it's not the first time I see this. Kind of concerning.

I'm going to edit this post and add in some more ramblings on Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

I'm really enjoying this VN, and it feels like a long and fun journey with a lot of twists and turns, and a whole lot more besides. It... It really feels like a visual novel. That's not really the best description considering it actually is a visual novel (durrr :P) but like, it's encapsulating the sense of wonder, mystery, and "just one more page" that I've gotten from some of my favorite novel series (Harry Potter for example, but also the Mistborn Trilogy and the Moontide Quartet) - on the days I can read, I wind up reading and reading and reading (I just got off of doing just over 3 hours straight of reading, which is something I don't usually do) and I already want to continue. It's becoming a case of "just one more scene" or "one more battle". The nice thing is that I'd often feel like a day like that would be wasted because I wind up doing little else, but that's not the case here.

As for the visual parts, I keep noticing one thing in particular - the backgrounds. They consistently wind up being really pretty to look at, and I'd say they add to the atmosphere and make it a lot easier to be immersed into the events. The CGs are also quite nice (though I would say they aren't as frequent as I'd like), and the visual polish extends to things like the glowing auto-mode icon and the character sprites. It all makes the VN a looker and I think I'll miss that aspect of it more than I realize when I'm done with it. 

I'd been a bit concerned that it'd lose some of the charms of Mask of Deception, but those worries have been unfounded. For example

Spoiler

I'd been worried that the whole "Haku gets into a hapless situation that winds up screwing him over" schtick wouldn't carry over, but it has, and it continues to happen as time goes by, which is excellent and hasn't yet gotten old

Between that and scenes like

Spoiler

Kiwru being forced to confess to Nekone, Anju forcing Oshtor to sit on the throne while she sits between his legs (ie resting her back against his chest), and Shinonon finding Munechika's room

there's a lot of fun and laughter to be had, and the scenes wind up being memorable and making me care about the characters more and more. As before, the supporting cast is really solid too, thanks to the above, and they all have places where they get to shine. It comes across as the kind of group you want to be a part of because there'll always be something going on and some solid companionship, but at the same time you kind of don't because some of the things they get into are just so ridiculous :D. I really don't know how they manage to make the characters shine so much, but for such a large cast, they all are different, and don't feel like fillers. 

One great example of this was another great scene I read today, where

Spoiler

Oshtor & co go to visit Rulutieh's homeland, and half of that visit had me either smiling, raving, or in stitches. The way the dad completely forgets himself to 
My favorite was with Shis and her fawning over Rulutieh and being so savage towards everyone else :D. 

I also like how the additions and improvements have been sprinkled in here and there. Battles, for example, are harder and longer, but there are more options and yet they remain familiar so it doesn't feel like you're being thrown into the deep end. I also like the additions of things like 

Spoiler

Mock battles and Munechika's Trials to help you gain XP and learn the battle system

Even the UI for selecting your next scene has been improved. 

I'm not sure how far along I am in it, but I'm really enjoying the time that I've spent in this VN. It really is a wonderful read, and between it and Mask of Deception, it'll be hard for anything to take their spot as second place for best game / VN played / read this year. 

On 5/11/2018 at 1:11 PM, cro-mag said:

OK, first of all. If you're going to read Chaos;Child i recommend reading Chaos;Head first. It's a direct prequel after all. Now considering the story. Base plot is really interesting. Some people say that they like these VNs in this order (plot-wise): Chaos;Child -> Steins;Gate -> Chaos;Head. From most favorite to least one. Considering you finished Steins;Gate you can imagine how they like plot here, and these people really like Steins;Gate as well.

Now as for me. I also really like base plot. Story was interesting to follow. It's more brutal than Chaos;Head, mostly because of having "some" pictures depicting... some things. But overall i still place Steins;Gate on 1st place. And the main reason for that - characters. When usual stuff happens (slice of life stuff, no investigations or anything) sometimes i was just enduring these scenes because MC is so damn annoying. His whining pissed me off. Not VERY often but that happened. Also there is one girl - I SO HATE HER MOST OF THE TIME. She has a route though and it's also quite interesting. You understand some things here. But before that i even turned off sound in some places just not to hear her. Dunno, maybe it's me, maybe i watched too much anime and read too many VNs, so after all that i hate some kinds of anime cliche stuff that sometimes happens here.

Well, actually MC and that girl - are the only two things that i dislike here. Not always, but... There are such moments. It's also quite sad that there is no such character for me as was Makise Kurisu in Steins;Gate. No one i'm attracted to as i was attracted to Kurisu back then.

Overall, story-wise it's pretty good. Worth it, i think. But Chaos;Head first, that's my recommendation.

Thanks! Means I can go into it with high expectations :D. I've tried to stay away from learning about the VN so the comparison helps a lot. Pity about the character though... And yeah it does seem like it'd be hard to make a character quite as magnetic as Kurisu. She is a really well done character. 

Cannot wait to read it :D.

On 5/11/2018 at 1:26 PM, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

Congrats! Best route of the VN IMO and Rin really stands out in it. Also you could go back and watch the anime before/after watching Fate/Zero. It's obviously going to be the same story, but the animation is gorgeous and the battle scenes are done really nicely. Plus it has one of the best scenes in the entire VN :

Spoiler

4:28 is the best bit :D.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:37 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Great! Now prepare, the shit finally gets real in the next part. :sachi:

Yeah... Heaven's Feel is... Heaven's Feel is... Uhhh... *shudders*

15 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

Y'know, I've been wondering for a while and may as well just ask. Someone in a recommendation thread mentioned there being "almost too many H-scenes" in this. Are... Are there really THAT many?

Edited by snowbell55
Added in more thoughts

Finished Renna's route in both Tsujidou-san Jun'ai Road and the follow up in Virgin Road, it was really great! Though even in this one, Ai still feels for me like best girl :p. But it was tons of fun!

But more so, I have finally unlocked the secret route For Tsujidou AI XD, i'm now going to restart from the Jun'ai Road and go through the whole route and do Virgin Road and Minato Carnival FD!

2 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

Y'know, I've been wondering for a while and may as well just ask. Someone in a recommendation thread mentioned there being "almost too many H-scenes" in this. Are... Are there really THAT many?

As for the sex scenes, from my observation at Hitomi CG number it'll be at least around 5 per heroines. Since we have 4 heroines,obviously it mean that we'll have at least 20 scenes in Wagahigh (I need to check it through Sagaoz save later, so it might be wrong). As for whether the scenes were too much or not, I think 20 scenes is still within average number for recent moeges, moreso if we remember that Amatarasu Riddle Star (Another moege) did have 31 scenes.

For the topic, right now I played both of Sonohana 11 (In the middle of Shizuku x Eris story) and Fureraba (Already get Yuziyu at level 3 affection).

WagaHigh was pretty sex-heavy. I enjoyed the game, but once it got into a route, it definitely felt like a very large percentage of your time (more than half?) was spent on H scenes. Lots of thoughts on it from back when it was fresher in my mind, when I reviewed it: https://fuwanovel.net/reviews/2017/10/18/wagamama-high-spec/

Edit: Also, scanning through my review again, I was reminded that I really liked the soundtrack, so I just bought a copy on amazon.co.jp. This turned out to be an expensive Fuwa post for me...

Edited by Fred the Barber

10 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

Each girl gets 4 scenes (and one girl gets an additional masturbation scene). Each scene lasts a while. All of these are usually towards the end of the respective route, which often grinds the plot to a crawl.

Each girl also gets a bonus scene for completing their route (which can be freely accessed from the main menu).

Reading ef - the latter tale......

Spoiler

Shuuichi "assaults" Mizuki, fingers her very roughly, enough to send her into retreat. Then Shuuichi's heart gives out, and he has a weird near death experience...

..... that was the most surreal scene I've ever read! It was part disturbing, and yet somewhat turned me on? :michiru:

15 hours ago, +StrikeR+ said:
Finished Renna's route in both Tsujidou-san Jun'ai Road and the follow up in Virgin Road, it was really great! Though even in this one, Ai still feels for me like best girl :p. But it was tons of fun!

But more so, I have finally unlocked the secret route For Tsujidou AI XD, i'm now going to restart from the Jun'ai Road and go through the whole route and do Virgin Road and Minato Carnival FD!

do you play Virgin Road with a machine translator?, i tried play Virgin Road with VNR but they didnt detect the text

sorry,  how do you play Virgin Road, like, in japanese or with a machine translator and what translator

1 hour ago, spectrack89 said:

do you play Virgin Road with a machine translator?, i tried play Virgin Road with VNR but they didnt detect the text

sorry,  how do you play Virgin Road, like, in japanese or with a machine translator and what translator

Hi, basically i'm using ITHVNR+Translation Aggregator. For TA i have it set to use: Atlas, Google Translate, Mecab and Jparser. For me especially Mecab and Jparser are important, i get by fine especially with voiced dialogue/narration, but its mainly the Kanji where i'm stuck, being able to see the text as Romanji helps a ton. My setup is like this (i have a dual screen setup, though the translation monitor is on my right side not left, it ends up like that in screenshots because even though i have it on my right in the actual display settings for various reasons i keep it on the left):

nwSr40g.png

Edited by +StrikeR+

I've just finished reading (well, watching a playthrough really, but it's a KN so there's not much difference) of Tales of Talia: Arcadia, the Winged Cloud's "dark fantasy" VN and My F***** God, I think the average Sonic the Hedgehog erotic fanfiction is written better than that piece of crap. Really, how can a studio that made 20+ games already, including a decent dungeon crawler be this inept at crafting a story? How can you be tone-deaf enough to inject 5 minutes of idle dialogue in the middle of a fight with a freakin' dragon? This would be disturbingly bad as a free Yuri Game Jam VN, but as an actual commercial product... :notlikemiya:

16 hours ago, +StrikeR+ said:

Hi, basically i'm using ITHVNR+Translation Aggregator. For TA i have it set to use: Atlas, Google Translate, Mecab and Jparser. For me especially Mecab and Jparser are important, i get by fine especially with voiced dialogue/narration, but its mainly the Kanji where i'm stuck, being able to see the text as Romanji helps a ton. My setup is like this (i have a dual screen setup, though the translation monitor is on my right side not left, it ends up like that in screenshots because even though i have it on my right in the actual display settings for various reasons i keep it on the left):

nwSr40g.png

Oh, i thought you read in japanese. Ok now. When i read "Tsujidou-san no Jin'ai Road" 4 years ago with translators, i used the same translators you mentioned. Although i think sometimes it's still pretty hard, considering that we're talking about delinquents here, and they sometimes use some kind of an accent or just cut words. Like Azusa. Well, at least as i see it in english version.

Edited by cro-mag

Finished Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright

It was good overall, I tend to like medieval fantasy settings, and Phoenix utilizing his desk slamming prowess as a baker was outright hilarious and it was nice to have the Maya from the good ol' days

Puzzles were whatevers, they were about as good as some random mobile app you'd play to pass the time. Didn't know who the hell Professor Layton was prior to this but he was a cool guy, a bit too cool though in that he often overshadows Phoenix and makes him look like a total novice

The overarching mystery regarding the lore of Labyrinthia and the Great Witch Bezella was good enough to keep me interested, though when it came down facing the reality and unraveling the truth behind it all it was kind of disappointing if not super underwhelming

But the entire setting did make for some fun witch trials. I particularly liked the whole mob mentality / having multiple witnesses testifying together, it made cross examinations much more hectic and fun. The stakes were extremely high too, I mean you usually don't see or hear about the fate of the Guilty parties in Ace Attorney but here you get to see the results immediately ><

P.S. I think this game came out before Dual Destinies but apparently Professor Layton is a follower of Professor Means :makina:

Spoiler

Image result for prof layton end justifies means

~~
Gonna take a break from this stuff now. It's nice to be late to a series, almost 20 years of games in the making defeated in a mere month. Pce out :sachi:

Spoiler

:objection:"You didn't play Investigations"

SRRY I DONT HAVE A DS FOR INVESTIGATIONS AND DUN FEEL LIKE EMULATORS AND IM BURNT OUT