What are you playing?

6 hours ago, -soraa said:

I just read Maya's and Mirodi's route so far.

Maya's route is really cute. The drama was.... okay (?)
MC is really boring, typical standard school Protagonist but a little bit hetare sometimes. 

Midori is also cute but her route is boring, if you like her then maybe you will love her route. But the drama was forced...

IMO it's really boring, the Protagonist isn't really something special, there isn't a really good story. 

if you are looking for a good romance/drama VN then don't read it. If you liked Noble Works and love vanilla stuff, then maybe it's something for you.

I love Romance VN with good drama or a interesting story. But Hatsukoi 1/1 is just a romance & SoL VN. 

Furthermore my problem was that the drama wasn't interesting. Even Princess Evangile and Chrono Clock have a better drama and story. 
(I almost cried in Michiru's and Kuro's route in Chrono Clock)

To sum it up:
Bad drama, cute girls, a lot of vanilla stuff, Protagonist is boring and stupid, the story isn't interesting  

Thanks, hopefully Lucia's route is great :)

Arg that's like everything I don't want in a Visual Novel especially the stupid protagonist, but I'll at least give it a try and see how much I can stand.

Fuck both Tsujidou and Hatsukoi both lay into how painfully average and ordinary their mcs are! Like right out the gate!:reeee:

Like, what is this shit?:jinpou:

https://s6.postimg.cc/9p1702og1/Capturesfsdfsdf.png

Honestly though there's not a bad route in Rewrite, I'd say it's probably the best Key vn I've played so far.

Edited by Ranzo

8 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Arg that's like everything I don't want in a Visual Novel especially the stupid protagonist, but I'll at least give it a try and see how much I can stand.

Fuck both Tsujidou and Hatsukoi both lay into how painfully average and ordinary their mcs are! Like right out the gate!:reeee:

Like, what is this shit?:jinpou:

https://s6.postimg.cc/9p1702og1/Capturesfsdfsdf.png

Honestly though there's not a bad route in Rewrite, I'd say it's probably the best Key vn I've played so far.

Me too... 

I read koichoco before I started with Hatsukoi 1/1. To be honest I liked KoiChoco more than Hatsukoi. 

However I hate that in Hatsukoi and KoiChoco isn't a route for the teacher... I liked the Teacher in Hatsukoi and seriously I can't understand why they didn't make a route for her. She is a good character... I was dissapointed :(

Nonetheless I hope tsurezurescans will translate Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai. It's a lot better than Hatsukoi.... Better and really good MC but he isn't a Kazami Yuuji ofc. Better Heroine's, story, drama and satisfying endings. That's something for me. 

I actually would recommend you to read Chrono Clock it's better than Hatsukoi but a little bit short.

Hopefully the MC in Rewrite is better... I don't need another boring and standard MC.

13 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

Maybe if you do the route of the heroine you like most? 

Well, I actually read the Heroine's route that I like at the most (Maya and Midori). 
Like I said before, it's like Noble Works...(and I dropped Noble Works...) Too much light-hearted and forced drama. It's a good VN to relax but for someone who wants a good romance VN with an interesting story or good drama, I wouldn't recommend it. Furthermore the Protagonist is really standard, stupid and so boring, that you lose your motivation to read it.
However I will read Kyou's route when I am bored. 

Edited by -soraa

Right now I'm playing Maji de watashi ni Koi Shinasai. Have finished Miyako - Mayucchi and yesterday Chris routes.

This game is truly SoL heavy + set in high school + shounen elements so in other words not my cup of tea however I really like the characters and setting and find the comedy really funny for the most part. Really like this game overall. 

Miyako and Mayucchi routes were really great however I felt Chris's route wasn't as good. Truly slow pacing for my taste and too little of interest happening. Also how Yamato "gets with" her is truly stupid and creepy.

Still would recommend the game so far. I usually hate the high school "drama" and setting and comedy in anime is usually abyssmal in my opinion but even so I love this game. ;)

On 03/05/2018 at 9:51 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Well, he may not be the most original MC ever, but imo he's pretty entertaining and doesn't appear as a total idiot, at least.

not to mention he's a badass in Terra

Edited by wei123

Started Anekouji Naoko to Gin'iro no Shinigami:

Its quite fun, so far, its quite a cool MC, so far all of the cast is quite likeable and i of course i'm aiming for Kirsti, its quite ridicuouls to some extent, but in the fun Minato Carnival kind of way XD.

2 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, he may not be the most original MC ever, but imo he's pretty entertaining and doesn't appear as a total idiot, at least.

Thank you. 

I actually changed my mind. I will read Rewrite later in my summer holidays because it's a long VN and I need a different type of genre now. Otherwise I will get a burnout because of too much SoL^^
Therefore I am going to read........................... CLICK

My heart is beating like crazy *-* I actually wanted to wait till JAST release the 2nd part. But I can't wait anymore :) 

7 hours ago, -soraa said:

Nonetheless I hope tsurezurescans will translate Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai. It's a lot better than Hatsukoi.... Better and really good MC but he isn't a Kazami Yuuji ofc. Better Heroine's, story, drama and satisfying endings. That's something for me. 

In regard of Tsurezure to be honest seeing that there's no word from them, I afraid that right now they too busy so much that they didn't have time to translate HatsuKoi append disk, and therefore the chance of Hoshiori translated is being slim. I hope that I was just being paranoid here and we'll get Hoshiori translated.

About JAST if anything at least we should praise their meticuluousness in regard of their VN releases most of the time, although whether it's good or not for the VN fans I can already guess the answer. By the way their current lineup is quite laughable compared to Sekai. I also look forward to Flowers Summer as well, but apparently I need to wait more for that. 

Edited by littleshogun

17 hours ago, littleshogun said:

In regard of Tsurezure to be honest seeing that there's no word from them, I afraid that right now they too busy so much that they didn't have time to translate HatsuKoi append disk, and therefore the chance of Hoshiori translated is being slim. I hope that I was just being paranoid here and we'll get Hoshiori translated.

About JAST if anything at least we should praise their meticuluousness in regard of their VN releases most of the time, although whether it's good or not for the VN fans I can already guess the answer. By the way their current lineup is quite laughable compared to Sekai. I also look forward to Flowers Summer as well, but apparently I need to wait more for that. 

Yeah you are a bit paranoid, haha. --> CLICK

Well, I am happy that we have some new informations. 

1 hour ago, -soraa said:

Yeah you are a bit paranoid, haha. --> CLICK

Well, I am happy that we have some new informations. 

Thanks for the info there, and yeah I admit that I was quite anxious with the lack of update from Tsurezure.

As for the title, right now I'm played more Fureraba and almost finished with Rinarin's (Rina) route - it's quite fun. For the next plan it'll be Yuzuyu's and finally Misakichi's route.

So I'm playing Hatsukoi and it's alright so far but my God it's like attack of the childhood friends up in here!

"I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so,"

Other than that it's not that bad and I like both the red haired girl and the brunette

10 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

So I'm playing Hatsukoi and it's alright so far but my God it's like attack of the childhood friends up in here!

"I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so," "I've known you forever so,"

Other than that it's not that bad and I like both the red haired girl and the brunette

Kyou is nice and which brunette? Maya or Yukino? 
I don't like Yukino (childhood friend). Maya is awesome best character ^-^

I am reading Flowers and seriously I love it:wub:
Already some Yuri-stuff in the first minutes: 

16fb06-1525461667.png

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Ah, my yuri heart is beating fast ^-^

I am really excited. Nice OST, beautiful Art and character design. 

Edited by -soraa

8 minutes ago, -soraa said:

Kyou is nice and which brunette? Maya or Yukino? 
I don't like Yukino (childhood friend). Maya is awesome best character ^-^

I am reading Flowers and seriously I love it:wub:
Already some Yuri-stuff in the first minutes: 

16fb06-1525461667.png

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Ah, my yuri heart is beating fast ^-^

I am really excited. Nice OST, beautiful Art and character design. 

Oh it's Maya most definitely, I love a woman that's a tease. Yeah, Flowers is pretty dope, especially the art. The soundtrack got kind of repetitive though unfortunately.

Edited by Ranzo

I finished the Fate route in F/SN.

Spoiler

Quite sad, isn't it? :michiru:  Farewells man... they always hit me hard.

And thanks to Japan for making a waifu out of King Arthur. I will never be able to read arturic myths without thinking of Saber ever again. 

So ok, if I'm understanding this correctly, the next route is UBW and is focused on Rin, and HF is focused on Sakura, correct? Well, let's see what it's awaiting next.

19 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Hide contents

And thanks to Japan for making a waifu out of King Arthur. I will never be able to read arturic myths without thinking of Saber ever again. 

So ok, if I'm understanding this correctly, the next route is UBW and is focused on Rin, and HF is focused on Sakura, correct? Well, let's see what it's awaiting next.

Yep, that's right. Have fun reading them! It's going to be one hell of a ride.

I just finished reading Chuusotsu as my 75th overall read and it was great. It had really funny comedy, which was refreshing to see, great character interactions and dialogue, a lot of darker themes that were well-analyzed for how short the VN was, and a refreshing bit of no romance in a VN for once. Despite these, it did have a weird final act that was a little ridiculous to me and one issue, I felt they could handle better as I started sympathizing with the opposing viewpoint to what the VN wanted, but that's probably because of my viewpoint as a whole. Gave Chuusotsu an 8.2/10 and definitely recommend it to anybody who's looking for an SoL-based VN that's more than meets the eye and is hilarious as well.

I was too pretty surprised how on point the humor in Chuusotsu was. The comedic timing is really good and I like how there is even witty retorts baked in to the narration itself.
The more serious/darker parts are well done too. The setting is really interesting in a fucked-up way, and through that Chuusotsu has important things to say about having dreams and "what is expected of you vs. what you personally want". Plus I've been in very similar dark places as the protagonist Arue, so many of the themes hit very close to home. I'm very curious about the continuation.  

13 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

Congratulations on finishing that first part! I think that's still my favorite route (though the other two are just as good)

But yeah that ending really got to me, I think a harsh desert wind threw up a lot of sand in my eyes.

When I think of her route this song always accompanies it for me.

So in Hatsukoi news I am really liking Kyou so far (even though she doesn't hold a candle to a certain other girl with the same name) I'm gunning for her route first.

Capturesdfdsfsd.png

I mean come on she even thinks like me, what's not to like?

Well i just finished Kirsti's route in Anekouji Naoko to Gin'iro no Shinigami:

F4C0vF8.png

hp2acHg.png

x04ua8c.png

Basically she seems to be a finish special unit soldier somewhere in the same league as Margit i think, it was a great route though! Story wise its even more simple and straightforward then some of the routes in Majikoi, and it also has a more similar vibe to Majikoi, then it has to Tsujidou-san, with that said, due to the characters, narration and comedy it was a great and fun experience! The MC is pretty awesome, and to be honest all characters are pretty nicely done, it was quite an enjoyable cast! 

5804.jpg

Finally finished Stein's Gate. I've avoided this VN for years, due to the odd art style, the so so impression of the anime, and my general dislike of time loop stories. But since I picked it up cheap in a sale some time ago, I thought I'll just give it a try.

Surprisingly, the art was much less of a problem as I thought. While it's certainly not 'pretty', it kind of fits to the whole science theme, and it does get bonus points from me for filling the world with life by drawing background characters.

The usage of music was very good. The slice-of-life scenes had more light music, but whenever something interesting happens, like the sending of a D-Mail, the music switched to a more suspenseful soundtrack. It did a marvelous job to create a good atmosphere.

The voices were a mixed bag though. I overall liked the female voices, but the male ones were a bit bland to be honest. Daru didn't really deserve such a dull voice considering he's actually (in contrast to Okabe) a real crack. And I hated Okabe's voice and his idiotic laughter in particular so much, that I was absolutely delighted that I could turn off his voice in the options. I wish I could have done that in the anime, since Okabe suddenly got... bearable.

The E-mail system was annoying as hell though. After I finished Mayuri's route I was thinking about doing the true route too, but due to the absolute mess of choices required to get to it, I decided that having seen it in the anime was good enough for me.

Story-wise there were some really good parts, like some of the time travel theories, but also some grave flaws that significantly lowered the whole experience. Ironically, Stein's Gate's time-line theory almost entirely reflects how heroine routes work in eroges, with key choices that get you locked in a certain route with no way to change it afterwards. I don't consider that particular realistic, but it was certainly highly amusing. It also had a good iteration between slice of life and suspense even if it takes a bit long until gets to the meat of the story.

The not so good story-parts usually got revealed if you started to think a bit deeper about some things like...

Spoiler

the whole IBN 5100 plot device being absolutely bogus, since no company with a remote glimmer of common sense would handle security by using an ancient computer and then send terror groups out to find existing ones of them to avoid being hacked. Maybe if it would have been something like the Enigma encryption machine used in WW2, but it was not even that and just about the programming language which made even less sense. And even an Enigma like encryption machine would be a disastrous security mearsurement by today's standards.

And then they made human experiments when they were still so far away from succeeding, that experiments with animals or basic items would have made much more sense and wouldn't have drawn as much attention. They were essentially doing plain executions and begging to be discovered. Overall, almost everything CERN did was triple-facepalm material.

And while the D-Mail thing had still some believeable parts, with certain scientific break-throughs only be discovered by accident, the time-leap engine was an entirely different matter. I mean, I don't even want to go into detail why using the gravity of a black hole to 'compress data' from a few terra bytes to just 36 byte is so outrageously dumb, that Einstein would't just turn in his grave - he would rotate!!! But building this whole machine pretty much overnight in a perfectly working state, pretty much makes me think that building an imperial class star destroyer shouldn't take them much longer than the coffee break by that standard. And those are just the highlights.

Granted, some of it might be nitpicking, but there was a bit too much ridiculous stuff to to just ignore it. I guess it's essentially chuuni - lots of smart words but little thought behind it - and therefore best enjoyed by not thinking too deeply into it. Plotwise I think they spent too much time reverting things instead of making actual progress in the story and revealing more about CERN. In that regard the VN lacked substance, since besides revealing the identity of FB there's actually very little you find out about them. The time loop scenes also had the problem that only Okabe did develop, while the other characters were kind of frozen in time. One of the main reasons I'm not a big fan of time loop stories.

Characterwise, it was also a bit of a mixed bag. I think Kurisu, Suzuha, Mayuri and Daru were pretty okay, but several others were kinda... overdone in some way. Moeka and Lukaku were a bit too screwed up to be believable anymore and Faris was also a bit too over-the-top Nekopara for a story VN. The protagonist Okabe himself almost had a split personality. In the first half he's so deep into his chuunibyou, that he appears almost mentally disturbed, reacting mostly paranoid and schizophrenic - I almost had pity with him. And Kurisu getting involved with him despite how he treated and acted around her was puzzling. And in the second half he suddenly turned into sergeant serious and his whole chuunibyou gets just a mere act he can switch on and off on the fly - I just couldn't believe it. But since he got a lot more bearable and almost likable that way, I was willing to turn a blind eye on it.

Overall, it was a decent read, but I was certainly not blown away like others from it. IMHO, other story VN's like Root Double or the KnS series had more substance.

Heroine rating: Mayuri > Kurisu > Suzuha > Faris > Moeka (Mayuri was probably not the deepest character, but for some reason I liked her the most)

Overall rating: 7/10

Edited by ChaosRaven

7 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Well, I guess that's way less confusing than his gender-change antics... :maple:

Yeah, I still can't believe

how having his mom eat more veggies would suddenly turn him into a girl. I know it's fiction, but come on man.

Edited by wei123

I'm starting to feel like I might be clogging the thread a little with the frequent posts, but at the same time can't help but want to give thoughts and impressions on the stuff I'm reading since it's quite good. 

First, To Heart 2. I'm really enjoying this VN. It's SO FUNNY! I said that last time I posted about it, but it keeps on doing so and doesn't seem to want to get away from that angle, which is great :D. I managed to finish the Sasara route (Student Council President = nearly automatic Best Girl) but having read the route I get the feeling that I made a mistake going for that route first - someone on here mentioned that it had a lot of good ideas btu didn't really flesh them out and I kind of agree with that sentiment. It was still nice though, but not the best way to start the VN I don't think, and it did leave me a bit worried for some of the other routes and how they'll play out. I'm now reading the Konomi route and enjoying it. The thing is, though, that the story continues to unfold and I'm liking what I read. There was a scene last night which had me in stitches (more below), and that's just one of several. It leads into the other thing I mentioned the last time I posted about the VN - it's hard to choose what route to do next because there are several that seem appealing. I really want to see what would happen in the Tama-nee route, considering how she treats him :D. I also want to see what happens with Yuma (I'm convinced she needs help hahaha), Komaki (who seems interesting and is the one I'd been thinking of saving for last) and now Karin. As far as Karin goes, the scene mentioned earlier was

To Heart 2 spoilers

Spoiler

when Takaaki gets roped into joining the Mystery Research Club, and tries to talk to her to get out of it, only for her to completely bamboozle, flummox, and outflank him. The hilarious part was that he seemed to be getting his way and almost out of the lion's den, only for her to start crying, and, hilariously, even though he managed to tell they were crocodile tears, she *still* managed to fool him, only to seal the deal when he fell on top of her XD. I thought she was funny just from the hypnosis scene in the Sasara route but boy she really upped the ante here.

It was so hard to stifle what would've been really heavy laughter last night while reading that scene. I'm really enjoying the VN though, and I'm really looking forward to reading what happens next. I also really like how thus far the routes feel quite different from each other. Hopefully that stays the case the more of them I read. 

The other VN I'm reading atm is Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. I did manage to get a copy as I was hoping to, and have already put almost 7h30 into it in only a few days, and invariably, every time I decide I want to read, I read more than planned, so I'm really being sucked into and immersed by the story. I'm really enjoying how it's unfolded thus far, though. It seems to be somewhat different than Mask of Deception, but that's to be expected, and fortunately, it's providing a lot of what I like still (the funny SoL moments) while continuing to amp up the story. I'd heard it mentioned that it has several twists that surprise, and that's been my experience as well - I didn't expect 

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth spoilers

Spoiler

that Kuon was actually the princess of Tuskur, or that Vurai was still alive

With everything that's happened, it really seems like things are going to come to a head, and I really wonder how the events are going to play out. It's still early days yet, but I think I could very well give it an 8/10 as well. 

I really hope that Atlus continue to localize and publish their stuff in the West, because between just these two VNs Aquaplus really are becoming one of my favorite VN studios. Actually, on that note, there's another thing to be said here. I'm not sure if it's thanks to Atlus, Aquaplus, or someone else, but both Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth come with extra goodies in the box (for the launch editions at least) - an artbook and a pillowcase respectively. IMO it's a really nice gesture for them to do. Neither of those are things I'd really pay much attention to, or even prioritize buying, and both of those things would've meant *some* extra money being spent to produce, package, and ship them instead of just the discs / carts and cases. Even so, they're included, and it makes it really hard to feel like either of the titles were a bad deal in terms of money spent. 

Edited by snowbell55