What are you playing?

1 hour ago, Trickay said:

I picked muv luv alternative up in the sale a couple of weeks ago, and omg why have I put off reading this vn for so long!?? Actual spoilers:

Hide contents

I had to put it down early last night after a sudden turn of events lead me to a grotesque character death. I gingerly kept reading until I saw them again and christ that was it, the water works started and I turned it off and went to bed. Worst thing is I've got zero work done today as that image keeps popping up, haunting me.

The story is getting dark, real dark and I'm typing this as I wait for my kids to sleep, eagerly waiting to continue this journey. That image though, and that sound...

Oh, yeah... I literally couldn't sleep at night after I got to that scene. :yumiko:

Spoiler

And it's one of the rare cases of a jumpscare done right.

2 hours ago, Trickay said:

I picked muv luv alternative up in the sale a couple of weeks ago, and omg why have I put off reading this vn for so long!?? Actual spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I had to put it down early last night after a sudden turn of events lead me to a grotesque character death. I gingerly kept reading until I saw them again and christ that was it, the water works started and I turned it off and went to bed. Worst thing is I've got zero work done today as that image keeps popping up, haunting me.

The story is getting dark, real dark and I'm typing this as I wait for my kids to sleep, eagerly waiting to continue this journey. That image though, and that sound...

Marimo's death?

To be honest, I got over that scene pretty quick, but that's only because I was too hung up with the other scene which is even more visual, disturbing and heartbreaking (and also more controversial due to the nature of it).

You mean this sound? I always get goosebumps hearing this :notlikemiya:

Edited by wei123

19 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Hide contents

Marimo's death?

To be honest, I got over that scene pretty quick, but that's only because I was too hung up with the other scene which is even more visual, disturbing and heartbreaking (and also more controversial due to the nature of it).

You mean this sound? I always get goosebumps hearing this :notlikemiya:

That literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up... :(

I've been played  great Eroge such as :
1. Subarashiki Hibi (complete)
2. Chrono Clock (complete, all route)
3. G-Senjou no Maou (in progress, but focus only 1 heroine route)
4. Dracu-riot (complete for 2 heroine route)
5. Grisaia no Kajitsu (complete for 2 heroine route)
6. If my heart had wings (complete, expect 1 heroine route)
7. Many more ...

Subarashiki Hibi such a mystery plot story, so it will be great if finished the story, thought ...
But chrono clock has the unique plot story, not such cliche development story. 
But for the rest Eroge, just took for 1 or 2 route that "worth" to follow.

Muv-Luv Unlimited, done! Yay! I've only read Meiya's "route" but as far as I know the differences among routes are limited to a couple of scenes and h-scenes which I don't even have because steam, so I don't think I'm missing anything important... hopefully.

Man, I'm so pumped for Alternative. This is gonna be fun :mare:

Spoiler

I got a little emotional there at the end of Unlimited. Farewells always hit me really hard. A weak point of mine I guess. 

Overall I'd say Unlimited was definitely more fun than Extra, though I have nothing in particular to say about it aside from a very good production value.

16 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Muv-Luv Unlimited, done! Yay! I've only read Meiya's "route" but as far as I know the differences among routes are limited to a couple of scenes and h-scenes which I don't even have because steam, so I don't think I'm missing anything important... hopefully.

Man, I'm so pumped for Alternative. This is gonna be fun :mare:

Reveal hidden contents

I got a little emotional there at the end of Unlimited. Farewells always hit me really hard. A weak point of mine I guess. 

Overall I'd say Unlimited was definitely more fun than Extra, though I have nothing in particular to say about it aside from a very good production value.

Yeah there isn't much you missed on, so you should be fine. However, I think you may want to apply the 18+ patch on Alternative, for full impact (though it's optional). Moving on, I'm sure you will enjoy Alternative more. If Unlimited is a good production, then Alternative is a godly masterpiece. If you thought Unlimited was depressing enough, wait till you finish Alternative :notlikemiya:. Since you're playing the Steam version, I suppose you won't be witnessing wonderful Engrish. Oh wells

(spoilers for the intro only)

Edited by wei123

12 minutes ago, wei123 said:

However, I think you may want to apply the 18+ patch on Alternative, for full impact

Damn, I heard that there was barely any censorship of violent content and that the only difference are 2 h-scenes that are not even that good. But if it could affect in any way my experience then I sure have to get that patch.

EDIT: But from what I can see, the patch isn't even available yet? What a bummer...

Edited by Thyndd

1 minute ago, Thyndd said:

Damn, I heard that there was barely any censorship of violent content and that the only difference are 2 h-scenes that are not even that good. But if it could affect in any way my experience then I sure have to get that patch.

Yeah pretty much. The patch only uncensors stuff for the first h scene and completely removes the second h scene. However, I find the first h scene to have lots of impact so if you view them uncensored, you might feel the full effect of it. But then again, I only played the 18+ version so I wouldn't know if that scene had as much impact in the all-ages version as it did in the 18+ version so take my advice with a grain of salt :salt:

Just finished Chaos;Child, and man, that was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I honestly think it was good, just that I don't like how it developed, as well as the ending.

Still think it was good, and I don't regret reading it, though I guess I do regret it took so many hours of my time.

Other than that, it REALLY made me want to read Steins;Gate again (as if I didn't get enough of it with the anime 3 times and VN once), just to remember there is a work of this studio that I actually love through and through. That and I just want more Kurisu, never enough Kurisu.

Now I need to read Renna's route in Tsujidou (hope I'll be able to...), then after playing so many games/VNs I need to go back to LNs for a while.

Edited by Riku

@Thyndd

8 hours ago, wei123 said:

However, I think you may want to apply the 18+ patch on Alternative, for full impact (though it's optional).

I disagree. In the end, it's just two short scenes in a 50+ hour long VN. The second scene isn't even particularly important, and the first scene is still intact, it's just the visuals that are censored. I looked through this scene in a let's play of a new versions, and yeah, I agree that it was slightly more impactful in the 18+ versions, but in the end, is that one short scene really worth waiting for the patch which, after all this Degica vs. ixtl drama, will probably take another eternity to complete?

Oh yes, i forgot that the existing 18+ patch by Amaterasu Translations isn't compatible with the Steam version, my bad. In that case, go ahead with the all ages version.

8 hours ago, Thyndd said:

EDIT: But from what I can see, the patch isn't even available yet? What a bummer...

Edited by wei123

I'm playing steam version of muv luv alternative, I imagine that the first scene you're talking about is where Takeru

takes advantage of (in my case) Meiya before running away to the parallel world after Marimo dies?

For me, even though censored it was a very impactful moment, and the conversations and lack of eye contact later certainly imply the dreadful deed happened. 

I think I'm likely near the end now, though I believe, please don't spoil, a horrid twist awaits me... I can feel it, as (avoid reading this Thyndd as I'm 30hrs in now)

Sumika's memories are hinting that Takeru is going to have no place to return to, just speculation, I don't want an answer. Have to take my hat of to Yuuko, she literally thought of everything. 

However I would like to know how much more reading time I have? I'm about to storm the hive with Sumika in the XG-70. However I feel like I maybe building up for a big twist, not an ending.

I'm so glad I did all routes in Extra / Unlimited, so many little links and nods in Alternative.

4 hours ago, Trickay said:

I'm playing steam version of muv luv alternative, I imagine that the first scene you're talking about is where Takeru

Reveal hidden contents

Not really.

Spoiler

To make sure, you are reading the part where they infiltrate the original hive at Kashgar, right? If so, you can open the next spoiler.

Edit: don't open the spoiler if you are still at the Sadogashima chapter!!!

Spoiler

It's the scene from Sumika's memories where she was reduced to a single brain. This scene was even more disturbing in the 18+ version.

Edited by Dreamysyu

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hide contents

To make sure, you are reading the part where they infiltrate the original hive at Kashgar, right? If so, you can open the next spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

It's the scene from Sumika's memories where she was reduced to a single brain. This scene was even more disturbing in the 18+ version.

No I think he was referring to Operation 21st.

the Sadogashima Hive operation

Operation Ouka comes much later.

Edited by wei123

4 hours ago, Trickay said:

Reveal hidden contents

takes advantage of (in my case) Meiya before running away to the parallel world after Marimo dies?

For me, even though censored it was a very impactful moment, and the conversations and lack of eye contact later certainly imply the dreadful deed happened. 

I think I'm likely near the end now, though I believe, please don't spoil, a horrid twist awaits me... I can feel it, as (avoid reading this Thyndd as I'm 30hrs in now)

Reveal hidden contents

Sumika's memories are hinting that Takeru is going to have no place to return to, just speculation, I don't want an answer. Have to take my hat of to Yuuko, she literally thought of everything. 

However I would like to know how much more reading time I have? I'm about to storm the hive with Sumika in the XG-70. However I feel like I maybe building up for a big twist, not an ending.

I'm so glad I did all routes in Extra / Unlimited, so many little links and nods in Alternative.

You're not at Episode 10, are you? In that case, you still have a long way to go.

Edited by wei123

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

I see. Then it's good that I used double spoilers. :yumiko:

I edited my previous post, just in case.

Thank you both so much wei123 and Dreamysyu, I am indeed at Operation 21st, I'm quite the slow reader probably because I like to let the dialogue fully play? I'm truly glad that you edited you posts, I didn't read anything I shouldn't have, but more importantly you let me know that I have much much more reading time to go. This is fantastic news as I do not want this roller-coaster ride to finish! :gasp: 

So I've learnt I have a semi-impactful, as censored, h-scene on the horizon... I had the 18+ patch for Extra / Unlimited as was a backer; which was totally worth it just for Marimo.

I take it once I reach this 'impactful' scene it might be worth a google? That said I probably won't as I've generally avoided doing any googling for fear of spoilers, which is ridiculous considering I've had another version of the game sat on my HDD for many years now. If I had known I was going to enjoy this much I should have just read Muv Luv Alternative earlier. That said I'm glad I paid for it. 

Here I am just barely at episode 6 of Alternative. I must be careful not to read any spoilers :sachi:

Things are starting to move ever so slowly. 

Spoiler

I find amusing all the bashing and roasting to the US :makina: Keep it going.

So that is the role Sagiri is playing in Alternative and the reason why Ayamine's route was kind of important in Extra, huh? All this political and military embroilment is getting a little confusing, and I'm not sure who is responsible for what exactly at this point. The satellite incident must've been the US doing, but without the support of the pro-Alternative V faction, right? Because I think Yuuko said that it was not in their best interest that Alternative IV failed right away, before completing all the planning for Alternative V. Now they are ganging up, and with what objective, I wonder?

Perhaps the US has agreed to wait till Alternative V before launching an offensive to the BETA? I mean, weren't they anti-Alternative for whatever reason? I wonder what they are planning.

3 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Here I am just barely at episode 6 of Alternative. I must be careful not to read any spoilers :sachi:

Things are starting to move ever so slowly. 

Hide contents

So that is the role Sagiri is playing in Alternative and the reason why Ayamine's route was kind of important in Extra, huh? All this political and military embroilment is getting a little confusing, and I'm not sure who is responsible for what exactly at this point. The satellite incident must've been the US doing, but without the support of the pro-Alternative V faction, right? Because I think Yuuko said that it was not in their best interest that Alternative IV failed right away, before completing all the planning for Alternative V. Now they are ganging up, and with what objective, I wonder?

Perhaps the US has agreed to wait till Alternative V before launching an offensive to the BETA? I mean, weren't they anti-Alternative for whatever reason? I wonder what they are planning.

You should enjoy the respite you have now because things start to get more intense in episode 7. :sachi:

Edited by wei123

7 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Spoiler

:sachi: Yeah, definitely amusing.

The satellite incident must've been the US doing, but without the support of the pro-Alternative V faction, right? Because I think Yuuko said that it was not in their best interest that Alternative IV failed right away, before completing all the planning for Alternative V. Now they are ganging up, and with what objective, I wonder?

Hmm, interesting thoughts. I kind of assumed that it was orchestrated by the Alternative V supporters, but, honestly, I don't remember that part well enough to say anything clearly.