What are you playing?

6 minutes ago, Jazid-Kun said:

Currently playing " My girlfriend is the president. 

Yes, I know its labeled as comedy , but seriously? This cliches RomCom too much for me :notlikemiya:

I still on common, so, I hope something unexpected good will show up at their ending :leecher:

well it's a moege....don't expect too much lol

Symphonic Rain completed.

Had a really, really slow build up, but I'm glad I kept at it. Had some interesting characters (compared to standard moege chars, Symphonic Rain's chars were more realistic, and had more depth).

Spoiler

Falsita's heel turn reveal is still one of the most surprising moments I've ever read. Torta, and her labyrinth of secrets was interesting too.

The music was good too.

Wonder what I'll read next...

1 minute ago, Acrylic7 said:

Currently I am playing Da Capo. I choose this game because I think it is not too light and not too heavy. Hope it doesn't disappoint, after certain game make me disappointed. 

Apparently Dal Segno is one of the best in that series and it made me want to die, so good luck with Da Capo. 

I'm currently working through The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya. I bought it since it was the first VN available on the Switch and I wanted to support VNs on the system but....this game is not good :( I am convinced no one bothered to edit or proofread anything considering there are many, many typos that distract from reading as well as other errors like having the wrong characters name there and suddenly seeing untranslated text. I've completed four characters and have two left; I highly doubt the quality for those two is going to be any better.

Finished the Utawarerumono trilogy. Despite the pacing issues (either the war portions are too short or the slice-of-life portions are too long), i found it a solid series with fairly consistent quality. Unlike most people i found the first one the best, because as war-filled as the third one was, i didn't feel tension like i did with the first one and the battles before the true final boss felt too much like typical JRPG storytelling (true final boss itself was the highlight of the series for me though).

Finally started Muv-Luv Extra. I'm like 3-4 hours in and nothing happened, but of course I already knew beforehand how this one goes and wasn't expecting anything interesting to happen in the first place :leecher: The slice of life and humor is not half as bad as the cringey harem tropes. That is the one thing that really puts me off, but oh well, I'm a patient man and I'll have faith in my perseverence being eventually rewarded :makina: 

One thing that really keeps me motivated is Alternative's opening. It's epic af. Can't wait to read that.

1 hour ago, Thyndd said:

Finally started Muv-Luv Extra. I'm like 3-4 hours in and nothing happened, but of course I already knew beforehand how this one goes and wasn't expecting anything interesting to happen in the first place :leecher: The slice of life and humor is not half as bad as the cringey harem tropes. That is the one thing that really puts me off, but oh well, I'm a patient man and I'll have faith in my perseverence being eventually rewarded :makina: 

One thing that really keeps me motivated is Alternative's opening. It's epic af. Can't wait to read that.

Extra initially makes you take all the little things for granted and complain about all the cliches, Unlimited completely changes the atmosphere and Alternative just breaks you apart. You'll definitely be rewarded...with PTSD, that is. :wahaha:

In a nutshell

1320918659518.jpg?w=863

Edited by wei123

On 3/16/2018 at 12:50 AM, VirginSmasher said:

Apparently Dal Segno is one of the best in that series and it made me want to die, so good luck with Da Capo. 

Yes, Dal Segno is already in my future list visual novel game to be played. Still it's a long journey from Da Capo though. 

Well then, with some dedication today I polished off MuvLuv Extra's Sumika's route. I'm told that getting Meiya's ending will not take more than one more hour since both routes only diverge at the very end... and oh, I'm so glad to hear that :leecher:

As for the other routes, I'm planning on playing Ayamine's because I read that it contains some important characterization (plus to be honest she's probably my fav girl of the cast; kinda reminds me of Rin from Katawa Shoujo). Tama I dunno, I might read it, but as of now what I'm planning on skipping are Chizuru's and Marimo's routes, unless any of you strongly advice me otherwise.

Edited by Thyndd

21 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Well then, with some dedication today I polished off MuvLuv Extra's Sumika's route. I'm told that getting Meiya's ending will not take more than one more hour since both routes only diverge at the very end... and oh, I'm so glad to hear that :leecher:

As for the other routes, I'm planning on playing Ayamine's because I read that it contains some important characterization (plus to be honest she's probably my fav girl of the cast; kinda reminds me of Rin from Katawa Shoujo). Tama I dunno, I might read it, but as of now what I'm planning on skipping are Chizuru's and Marimo's routes, unless any of you strongly advice me otherwise.

The routes for Sumika and Meiya absolutely need to be played in order to fully enjoy Alternative. Miki's route and Ayamine's route do not have much bearing on Alternative, though they do provide some background info for 2 side characters in Alternative (Sagiri,Miki's dad). The other routes are just unnecessary.

Since you will be moving on to Unlimited, I recommend playing just one route for one of the students (I chose Meiya since she's my fav along with Sumika). Yuuko's route is optional.

As for Alternative, route choice doesn't really matter.

Edited by wei123

23 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

The only not main route I completed is Ayamine, and, to be honest, it's simply bad, at least for my taste, and the fact that I read it before any other route may be one of the reasons why I dislike Extra. :yumiko: But, yeah, apparently, it's the most important side route, so I'd recommend at least trying to read it.

Marimo's route, from what I understand, basically consists of one comedic h-scene. Tama's route matters somewhat, but definitely less than Ayamine's. I read one of the normal ends, which, apparently, has the same start as her route but basically ends right after that.

The only people I heard of who finished Chizuru's route are the localization team. :sachi:

Edited by Dreamysyu

Half-way through Danganronpa. The story is pretty intriguing, but I have to say that some of the mini-games in the trials have annoyingly vague and misleading phrasing and answers.  Maybe it's a translation issue, or maybe it's because I'm playing the hardest difficulty.  Many times I would know the answer to a specific part in a trial, but it took me several tries to figure out how to "communicate" it to the game through it's vague-ass answers.  

Also, while I thought the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th trials were good (that's as far as I am), I thought the 1st trial was pretty crappy:

Spoiler

The final clue in the first trial made no sense. How would they be able to tell that Leon used his screwdriver in order to open the door, just by looking at his screwdriver? This wasn't explained. Instead Leon just gave up the moment they mentioned this possibility, as if it is beyond the shadow of a doubt that you can tell if a screwdriver has been recently used??? Note that they didn't mention the toolkit being a clue, it was specifically the screwdriver. Another weird thing about the first trial was the very obvious backwards "Leon" written on the wall, which was way to obvious.  Especially when you compare it to the second and fourth trials (just finished the fourth), which I thought were much more solid and harder to predict.

Despite my complaints I am enjoying the game overall.

7 minutes ago, PiggiesGoMoo said:

Half-way through Danganronpa. The story is pretty intriguing, but I have to say that some of the mini-games in the trials have annoyingly vague and misleading phrasing and answers.  Maybe it's a translation issue, or maybe it's because I'm playing the hardest difficulty.  Many times I would know the answer to a specific part in a trial, but it took me several tries to figure out how to "communicate" it to the game through it's vague-ass answers.  

Also, while I thought the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th trials were good (that's as far as I am), I thought the 1st trial was pretty crappy:

Reveal hidden contents

The final clue in the first trial made no sense. How would they be able to tell that Leon used his screwdriver in order to open the door, just by looking at his screwdriver? This wasn't explained. Instead Leon just gave up the moment they mentioned this possibility, as if it is beyond the shadow of a doubt that you can tell if a screwdriver has been recently used??? Note that they didn't mention the toolkit being a clue, it was specifically the screwdriver. Another weird thing about the first trial was the very obvious backwards "Leon" written on the wall, which was way to obvious.  Especially when you compare it to the second and fourth trials (just finished the fourth), which I thought were much more solid and harder to predict.

I read the fan translation of the first game and I'm currently reading the official translation (the only one available, actually) of the second one, and I can say it's definetly a translation issue. I also played in the highest difficulty, but I had no such problems in the first game, maybe just once in the entire game, while I found myself shooting weak spots at random in the second one (two or three times already, and I'm just finished the 2nd trial) because I had no idea what was supposed to be the right answer. Damn, it's a shame the second one was localized before the patch was completed, the fan translation would be way better.

That said, about your spoiler:

Spoiler

Maybe it was also a issue with the translation, since in the fan translation the clue was the entire toolkit, that was supposed to be sealed. Every other boy said that they didn't used it, so their must be still sealed, while Leon would be obviously open. But yeah, the Leon backwards was kinda lame.

4th trial was my favorite. I was in the edge of my seat the entire time.

Since this is a "what are you playing" thread, I'm playing Danganronpa 2 and damn, I found the first one kinda funny and cheesy most of the time, but 2 trials are kinda depressing... I'm liking it, but I came to laugh not to feel.......... :komari: 

43 minutes ago, PiggiesGoMoo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah the first trial was pretty crappy. The culprit was too obvious and the murder method was too plain, though this changes as the murder methods get much more complicated in Goodbye Despair and Killing Harmony, meaning that the cases get harder to solve. Anyways, since you've mentioned that you've finished the 4th trial, that means that you are close to finding out the mastermind of the killing game. Do you have any guesses for the mastermind? 

Edited by wei123

23 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Since this is a "what are you playing" thread, I'm playing Danganronpa 2 and damn, I found the first one kinda funny and cheesy most of the time, but 2 trials are kinda depressing... I'm liking it, but I came to laugh not to feel.......... :komari: 

i concur

I can't believe Byakuya got poked to death.

7 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

The only people I heard of who finished Chizuru's route are the localization team. :sachi:

Lies and libel.

I played through Chizuru's route. It was terrible, filled with misunderstandings and the most stubborn annoying character I have seen in a long time, but I played through it and do not hate the game.

I know I'm super late to this, but I'm just now getting into Re: Alistair (it's market research, swear to God). 

I'm also playing Date Warp and Long Live the Queen. 

As you can tell, I'm super interested in how Western indie companies are making their games, to compare them to their Japanese counterparts. 

As for my current playthrough, I already finished main route of Sono Hanabira 11 (Risa x Miya story) and maybe I'll comment on that later.

For the next plan, I'll try to continue my Hatsukoi Sankaime playthrough and for the first route I already decided that I'll go with Emi's (Or Emirin's as Rin said) route.

Edited by littleshogun

I picked muv luv alternative up in the sale a couple of weeks ago, and omg why have I put off reading this vn for so long!?? Actual spoilers:

I had to put it down early last night after a sudden turn of events lead me to a grotesque character death. I gingerly kept reading until I saw them again and christ that was it, the water works started and I turned it off and went to bed. Worst thing is I've got zero work done today as that image keeps popping up, haunting me.

The story is getting dark, real dark and I'm typing this as I wait for my kids to sleep, eagerly waiting to continue this journey. That image though, and that sound...

4 minutes ago, Trickay said:

I picked muv luv alternative up in the sale a couple of weeks ago, and omg why have I put off reading this vn for so long!?? Actual spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I had to put it down early last night after a sudden turn of events lead me to a grotesque character death. I gingerly kept reading until I saw them again and christ that was it, the water works started and I turned it off and went to bed. Worst thing is I've got zero work done today as that image keeps popping up, haunting me.

The story is getting dark, real dark and I'm typing this as I wait for my kids to sleep, eagerly waiting to continue this journey. That image though, and that sound...

Welp, we are on the same boat, kinda :makina: I'm still reading unlimited, though I hope to catch up soon.  

For now I can say that it's at least a nice change of pace. Let's see if I can get to Alternative ASAP, now that here where I live holidays are drawing near.