What are you playing?

Finished VA-11 HALL-A. It was good for what it was and it felt like a Snatcher side-story of sorts. Definitely one of my top OELVNs (can't say the same for overall VNs, though).

BTW, i just realized that my whole top 5 OELVNs has lesbians in them. Westerners sure love their lesbians.

Edited by onorub

21 minutes ago, onorub said:

BTW, i just realized that my whole top 5 OELVNs has lesbians in them. Westerners sure love their lesbians.

Surprisingly enough, it seems to also be about lesbians loving to make and read VNs. At least that's my impression, there's a lot of females, including LGBT+ ones in the OELVN scene, it's one of the things that makes it interesting and different. :3

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

28 minutes ago, onorub said:

Finished VA-11 HALL-A. It was good for what it was and it felt like a Snatcher side-story of sorts. Definitely one of my top OELVNs (can't say the same for overall VNs, though).

If I remember correctly, Jill is actually bi... I think.

I just finished Houzuki's chapter in Sharin fandisc, and man it was briliant. I don't know how popular Houzuki is around the internet, but i think he's a great character

Spoiler

Putting up Kenichi through a similiar ordeal as his own (or the one that Eri has set up for him), doing everything so thoroughly just to get stunned when he sees him surpass the point where he gave up, it just connects so cleverly. And the epilogue was just flawless. Motivated to continue where he left off many years ago, but with unwavering will this time...

And the finishing quote pretty much gave me goosebumps. "The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

I'm currently reading Dies Irae and boy, what a VN to end your 6 month hiatus from reading VNs. I've read Kasumi's and Kei's routes so far and they were both pretty great. The action and dialogue is really good as well. Also, it takes a lot for a VN to not have any characters that I outright don't like and this VN somehow pulls that off. I don't really know what else to say about it, but I truly await the next time I get to read it (which is tonight probably). 

Finished Seabed for a while, and up to Chapter 5 things were going slowly. However, by Chapter 6 it managed to pick up the steam until the final chapter - although it definitely help though that the later chapters were quite shorts. In the end I would say it's quite an interesting read, although you might be overwhelmed by psychology talk or the description of the sceneries though (I experienced that a lot).

PS - I'm pretty much fine for the sprites, except for Nanae's in which her hand was quite long and skinny so much that it looks quite uncanny. By the way, some background did use very obvious CG image that looks like from PS1 game.

Edited by littleshogun

Grisaia PT Vol 4 - Like the past 3, it is fine. One more to go? 

Trinoline Genesis - Was happy to see Shirone be happy. 

Spoiler

Since the original end was pretty sad for her. Her ending song is my new shit, soooo goood. Others routes are alright. From yorino, I would have liked to see Haruka after instead of Towa though. I liked her character more. 

Soi Kano - Very formulaic in terms of story beats but the anime ladies are too cute to care. 

So, I'm playing The Seven Districts of Sin, a VN apparently no one ever heard about and developer of which was desperate enough to send a review copy to every Steam curator vaguely connected to VNs, and after like 20+ mins of playing stumbled upon this:

tsdos_1_by_szafalesiaka-dc2r8gw.jpg

Well... This is either going to be brilliant or try way too hard and fall flat on its face pretty soon. Voice acting is decent though... :o

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Well I am almost finished with Drau-Riot and now I need a more story focused VN.
Dracu-Riot was actually good but I hate it that every route has the same pattern... The first Route I read was Miu's and I liked it alot. However the other Routes were boring because the Story was quite the same and you know what is going to happen. In my opinion the authors should have been more creative.
The romance was good but too muche moe for me... 

Yesterday I heard these 3 Soundtracks: 
World Enddominator ---> AWESOME!
Last End Conductor ---> EPIC!
Dream End Discharger ---> HOLLY SHIT!

Awesome Soundtracks and I loved Higurashi. Therefore the next VN I am going to read is Umineko. *hype* 

Edited by -soraa

2 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

4 months after buying it, and shelving it twice (to play other VN's) ...... finally got the True End in Clannad.

And now I can stop crying all the time! Think I cried upwards of 25 times....

*clap* *clap*

You've come a long, long way. Congratulations on your journey :isla:

So I finished Tsugumi's route in Ever17 (my first route).

Lol at that ending à la Gravity (the film by Alfonso Cuarón). It felt all a little random to be honest, but I'm aware that the true route (Coco's route if I'm not mistaken) is where all the heart of the story is, so I guess I'll have to patiently wait for it.

But what makes me rather sad is that I wanted to know some more about Tsugumi. I thought that she was an interesting character... and the development was going well to a certain point, where it suddenly stopped, and I don't think I'm getting any more in the other routes (though I could perfectly be wrong, of course). That's a shame, because I really wanted to understand better her personality and way of thinking.

Now about the mistery... So there's this seventh kinda ghostly passenger (I guess they would've had copyright issues if there were eight of them :makina:) who apparently enjoys playing pranks and kicking cans. Aside from that we have all the mess with those two virus, one of which is clearly caused by Oyashiro-sama's curse. 

Ok, I'm interested. Let's see what awaits on the next route :leecher:

Currently playing Hoshizora no Memoria. I don't play many moege, but I figured I'd give this one a shot.

It's good so far, as long as I overlook the occasional typos, untranslated lines, and weird translations (especially on Chinami). I hope Eternal Heart gets localized soon too. I don't like leaving things half-finished.

Started playing Lucy, the Eternity she wished for. Artwork seems nice, soundtrack sounds peaceful....

... and did that android just turn very moe and ditzy!? LOL

Lucy might be even more ditzy and adorable then Grisaia's Michiru... :michiru:

23 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

4 months after buying it, and shelving it twice (to play other VN's) ...... finally got the True End in Clannad.

And now I can stop crying all the time! Think I cried upwards of 25 times....

Well done my friend you are now accepted among the ranks of the elite

Twenty five times Jesus Christ:marie:

4 hours ago, Thyndd said:

So I finished Tsugumi's route in Ever17 (my first route).

Hide contents

Lol at that ending à la Gravity (the film by Alfonso Cuarón). It felt all a little random to be honest, but I'm aware that the true route (Coco's route if I'm not mistaken) is where all the heart of the story is, so I guess I'll have to patiently wait for it.

But what makes me rather sad is that I wanted to know some more about Tsugumi. I thought that she was an interesting character... and the development was going well to a certain point, where it suddenly stopped, and I don't think I'm getting any more in the other routes (though I could perfectly be wrong, of course). That's a shame, because I really wanted to understand better her personality and way of thinking.

Now about the mistery... So there's this seventh kinda ghostly passenger (I guess they would've had copyright issues if there were eight of them :makina:) who apparently enjoys playing pranks and kicking cans. Aside from that we have all the mess with those two virus, one of which is clearly caused by Oyashiro-sama's curse. 

Ok, I'm interested. Let's see what awaits on the next route :leecher:

Yeah I really loved Tsugumi as a character and I think a big part of it was the mystery behind her. Plus, I thought the romance was very sweet even if it was rather brief. You definitely learn more about her in the other routes so don't worry about that. I hope you don't let the chicken sandwiches get to you.