What are you playing?

2 minutes ago, Jazid-Kun said:

Finished Grisaia no kaijutsu recently..

Really... Get surprise ending (again) in there.. 

Reveal hidden contents

Makina route...

At that garbage bags is Yuuji corpse ? and what heck is that... makina get pregnant ?

Horrible...  

13569962_1043227685754051_1751930032_o.j

That's the bad ending. If you pick the other choice in her route, you'll have a better one.
And yeah, that is a pretty sick ending once you realise what's going on.

I've just reached what I suppose is the worst ending in CUPID. I've always focused on fairly lighthearted VNs and never delved into really heavy stuff before, so maybe I simply wasn't prepared for this one, but the amount of internal screaming going on right now in my mind and body is not something I've really felt before. :unsure:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I've just reached what I suppose is the worst ending in CUPID. I've always focused on fairly lighthearted VNs and never delved into really heavy stuff before, so maybe I simply wasn't prepared for this one, but the amount of internal screaming going on right now in my mind and body is not something I've really felt before. :unsure:

That sounds like a great recommendation to me:meguface:

6 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:
  Hide contents

GVzeQf9.png

Cute picture, isn't it?

Ignorance is a virtue.

Seeing that the picture is very cute and the conclusion was very satisfying, I felt that I need to defend and attempted to explain the twist lol.

Spoiler

As for the situation, I must admit that it was very impossible seeing that both of the couple were woman. Although seeing the recent development in regard of in vitrio, I would say that the case could be still happened in real life, especially when it was seen as the solution for lesbian couple in order to have a child. Then again they're in Japan and apparently it's quite strict in regard of lesbian couple for have a daughter, so I don't know if the method was accepted as of now at Japan. But then again, seeing that Sakuya's route was more or less have same twist as Grisaia Michiru's route, I would say it's not a stretch that it could be happened because the twist was more than enough to put that into sci-fi category.

As for why they have Sakuya as Askua and Kyouko daughter with the memory intact, well it's more or less commonly used trope in Japanese anime. Therefore, the only thing that need to be guessing is that of how the couple was could be able to have the daughter in the first place, and it's not explained whether Sakuya here is adopted like Vivio from Nanoha or just born from them in vitro. Speaking about Nanoha, I would say that Nana Mizuki should voicing Asuka if only for the casting gag lol.

Edited by littleshogun

9 minutes ago, the tales of Sora said:

Reveal hidden contents

00-unit started to recognize takeru ,i stopped on the part when 00-unit came to wake takeru up in the morning.

Oh okay gotcha! Well, saddle up space cowboy because you've ain't seen nothin' yet!:sacchan:

Edited by Ranzo

6 hours ago, Ranzo said:

That sounds like a great recommendation to me:meguface:

It should be. :] The game's choice system and plot makes pushing the protagonist towards the bad ending quite painfull and the ending itself is properly horrible, but it was quite unique and I'm very curious what the better (good...?) conclussions look like. Sadly I won't have time to play it until the late evening at least.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Reading Kanon's route in g-senjou, I'd say I'm halfway through. Confused af.

Of course I don't want you to spoil it to me, but wtf man? Everything points to Kyousuke being Maou, that's obviously what the game wants you to think, what with the transitions and everything, plus Shiratori actually recognized him, so either they are in fact the same person or they are twins, hypothesis that kinda gets reinforced when at some point in Kanon's route he confirms that has (or had) siblings.

Then we have all the mess with Haru. She obviously knows Kyousuke from the past, which I inmediately noticed when she called him Kyousuke-kun and then confirmed when Kyousuke (Maou?) himself mentioned that her father was the mastermind that ruined his family. I assume that doesn't mean at all that Haru's Gonzou's daugther, but rather that Haru's father was somehow involved in what Mr. Samejima did. But it's all really, really confusing. What with Kyousuke acting like he didn't know Haru at all? Damn, he didn't even mention it in a monologue up until now. 

If Kyousuke and Maou are in fact the same person, then Maou would have access to Kyousuke's memories but seemingly Kyousuke only would subconciously know that he's Maou (as there are quite a few supposed hints troughout the story). This would kinda explain why this revelation took place during one of Kyousuke's headaches (perhaps the moment when the two personalities are merging?). Again, this is obviously what the game wants you to think, but I somehow doubt it's that straightforward.

To further complicate it, the ransom retrieval. Maou was still on the phone as Tsubaki saw the two cops approaching, so as far as I know, Maou couldn't be one of them (at least if we assume that Maou was indeed the one talking on the phone). Admittedly, he had an accomplice, that foreigner, which by the way could never pass off as a japanese cop, but we'll let that slide saying that Tsubaki was so flustered she couldn't notice, but in any case, who was the other guy? Someone that hasn't been introduced yet?

So yeah, I'm hitting my head against a wall right know :leecher: I feel like the game is mocking at me.

4 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

Of course I don't want you to spoil it to me, but wtf man? Everything points to Kyousuke being Maou, that's obviously what the game wants you to think, what with the transitions and everything, plus Shiratori actually recognized him, so either they are in fact the same person or they are twins, hypothesis that kinda gets reinforced when at some point in Kanon's route he confirms that has (or had) siblings.

Then we have all the mess with Haru. She obviously knows Kyousuke from the past, which I inmediately noticed when she called him Kyousuke-kun and then confirmed when Kyousuke (Maou?) himself mentioned that her father was the mastermind that ruined his family. I assume that doesn't mean at all that Haru's Gonzou's daugther, but rather that Haru's father was somehow involved in what Mr. Samejima did. But it's all really, really confusing. What with Kyousuke acting like he didn't know Haru at all? Damn, he didn't even mention it in a monologue up until now. 

If Kyousuke and Maou are in fact the same person, then Maou would have access to Kyousuke's memories but seemingly Kyousuke only would subconciously know that he's Maou (as there are quite a few supposed hints troughout the story). This would kinda explain why this revelation took place during one of Kyousuke's headaches (perhaps the moment when the two personalities are merging?). Again, this is obviously what the game wants you to think, but I somehow doubt it's that straightforward.

To further complicate it, the ransom retrieval. Maou was still on the phone as Tsubaki saw the two cops approaching, so as far as I know, Maou couldn't be one of them (at least if we assume that Maou was indeed the one talking on the phone). Admittedly, he had an accomplice, that foreigner, which by the way could never pass off as a japanese cop, but we'll let that slide saying that Tsubaki was so flustered she couldn't notice, but in any case, who was the other guy? Someone that hasn't been introduced yet?

So yeah, I'm hitting my head against a wall right know :leecher: I feel like the game is mocking at me.

I want to comment on some things, but I won't since I don't want to accidentally reveal too much. Just a piece of advice: be open-minded, or you will be disappointed.

5 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Just know, that Kyousuke's psychiatry visits aren't only for getting out of school. You will be even more and more confused when you enter Kanon's chapter and then be like wtf when u read the main route. Because, sadly G-senjou has that kind of "plot abandoning" in the sideroutes. And that doesn't mean they are bad, anyway. I think Kanon's route was the best out of the 3 sideroutes

On 1/17/2018 at 2:51 AM, ChaosRaven said:

26006.jpg

Finally finished Ourai no Gahkthun, and overall it was an enjoyable read, though not without flaws.

What makes this VN really stand out is its unique and mature Steampunk setting. A large academy on a small artificial island, located close to the coast of Marseille in an early 20th century France. Most  characters are already young adults instead of teenagers and the academy resembles more a university than a school. The VN also manages to create the right atmosphere for the right moment. Slice of life scenes have a classic soundtrack that perfectly captures the feeling of a Paris inspired, lifely city, while the darker scenes are backed by an eerie soundtrack. The battle scenes were also surprisingly well done, using animated effects and such, even if some end a bit sudden. They were also not too long which was a huge plus for me.

Although the VN is written from a third person point of view, it uses a rather interesting writing style to create a semi-protagonist feeling when needed. This is done through inner monologues of the characters where they share their feelings and thoughts with the reader, usually in a voiced manner. This is often done for female characters and for Neon in particular.

Story-wise there were lights and shadows. While Tesla was an overall interesting character with some supreme lightning powers, you don't really get to know a lot about him, even to the end. He just comes to the academy as a transfer student and rescues Neon from a near-slavery fate. Together they oppose the members of the student council who use some kind of demonic bell to gain special powers - also called arts in the VN. Most chapters then showcase a conflict with one of the members of the student council, though not all of them. And so you get to know that not all of the members are just bad guys and that there's more than meets the eye.

While the VN does a marvelous job in setting up a believable Steampunk world and creating the right atmosphere for it, its biggest flaw is certainly the story-flow and character development. To use a somewhat accurate comparison, I guess most people remember the infamous Windows progress bar and when it sometimes gets stuck at about ~X% for minutes, just to suddenly jump to the end in a second. And here it's pretty much the same. While in most chapters you get to know a certain side character better, this is usually not the case for Tesla or Neon and their relationship gets stuck very soon. The chapters are also very independent from each other, to a point that the order doesn't really matter. Usually chapters should build up on each other to create a homogenous story flow, but this isn't really the case here.

But in the last chapter the VN suddenly turns up to light speed story development and literally every story and character development you can image is squished in there. It goes without saying that this didn't work out without some sacrifices in the form of abyssal size plot holes like...

Reveal hidden contents

Tesla apparently having killed Neons family without any info why, Neon forgiving him for that without any info why, everyone suddenly remembering that they were part of a big happy fucking family without any info why, everyone suddenly teaming up without any info why, etc.

So yeah, there were quite some questionmarks at the end. For that reason I find it difficult to really call this a story VN. I'd call it more a slice of life VN with a unique setting and actually entertaining slice of life since in every chapter there's new stuff happening with new CG's and sometimes even new characters. It was also somewhat interesting to see an unavoidable tentacle rape scene in a Steam VN. Granted, it was pretty tame, but WTF. :blink:

So, since I overall still enjoyed the VN and liked most of the characters, I decided to call this a good slife of life VN instead of a bad story VN, so my final rating is 7.5/10. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I managed to finish a dreadful boring Mihiro route in Wagamama Highspec in about 3 months of time - I'm so proud of me. :kosame:

Still want to try Ashe's route, but I think I'll pass on the other ones.

it feels that the last chapter would be better if they put some more forshadowing and buildup to the final boss-thing.

It felt like they made a boss through hi m at the end and made a random story for him, rather than a slow build up culminating in the final fight. i enjoyed nearly everything other than this though

So, two years after finishing the first Grisaia, I finally started playing Grisaia no Meikyuu, and I suddenly realized how much I missed this series, and I don't even consider myself a diehard Grisaia fan.

Also, I again realized that reading the all-ages version of Kajitsu was definitely a mistake (and that comes from a guy who used to unconditionally skip all h-scenes he encountered). But this series, basically, works much better in 18+, and the first h-scene I encountered was genuinely funny. I hope, the more serious parts won't disappoint when I get to them.