What are you playing?

5 minutes ago, Akshay said:

Imao amanes bad ending is the greatest bad end of all time

It would come down to what is supposed to be great. In case of "bad ending with a story", there are alot of things to consider. I myself haven't come across anything that would go to such lengths for just a bad ending (probably)

Manly picnic is the best ending the VN world could ever bestow upon us

Edited by Zidan209

Just now, Zidan209 said:

It would come down to what is supposed to be great. In case of "bad ending with a story", there are alot of things to consider. I myself haven't come across anything that would go to such lengths for just a bad ending (probably)

Manly picnic is the best ending the VN world could bestow upon us

True. It differs from other VN's such that it only has 1 bad ending, unlike stuff like fate so maybe they invested all their effort in it?

I loved Amane's and end more than her actual one/

I may be crucified for saying this, but I shed tears on this game far more than I did for clannad.

On 14/11/2017 at 7:54 PM, Akshay said:

I may be crucified for saying this, but I shed tears on this game far more than I did for clannad.

Now I'm afraid :michiru:

EDIT: Goddamn Sachi's route makes me continuously let out cutesy "aaaaaawwww"s like a crazed fangirl with stirred up hormones :makina:

Edited by Thyndd

Sachi's route finished, or at least the good ending. I don't like seeing the bad endings just right after the good one, so I'll put it off for now.

God that was beautiful. Sachi's struggle felt painfully real, and the path as well as the resolution were brilliant. One thing I loved is how it felt so natural, so obvious, yet still kind of unpredictable. You as a reader feel as lost as Sachi, all the more reason to get in her skin. 

Absolutely loved it. Way, way above Makina's route for me. 

8 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Sachi's route finished, or at least the good ending. I don't like seeing the bad endings just right after the good one, so I'll put it off for now.

God that was beautiful. Sachi's struggle felt painfully real, and the path as well as the resolution were brilliant. One thing I loved is how it felt so natural, so obvious, yet still kind of unpredictable. You as a reader feel as lost as Sachi, all the more reason to get in her skin. 

Absolutely loved it. Way, way above Makina's route for me. 

I wonder how Grisaia manages to get so many completely different reactions from those who read it. :)

4 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I wonder how Grisaia manages to get so many completely different reactions from those who read it. :)

Mmm yeah, I kinda noticed that myself when reading the opinions people hold about different routes, and everyone's was different xD

What about yourself, did you react differently than I did to Sachi's route?

Edited by Thyndd

Just now, Thyndd said:

Mmm yeah, I kinda noticed that myself when reading the opinions people hold about different routes, and everyone's was different xD

What about yourself, do you reacted differently than I did to Sachi's route?

Well, honestly, I thought is was boring and overall could be better. In the end, I probably liked it the least in Grisaia.

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, honestly, I thought is was boring and overall could be better. In the end, I probably liked it the least in Grisaia.

Well, I'm honestly not surprised. I tend to enjoy slow paced stories focused on characters circumstances, and I have a soft spot for psychological traumas. I can perfectly understand why for some people it'd be boring.

Just now, Thyndd said:

Well, I'm honestly not surprised. I tend to enjoy slow paced stories focused on characters circumstances, and I have a soft spot for psychological traumas. I can perfectly understand why for some people it'd be boring.

Well, actually, I also like these kinds of stories. But I don't know, this particular route didn't work for me for some reasons.

3 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

I legit teared up on Sachi's ending. That was beautiful and slightly bittersweet.

When she was reading the letter, images of everything that has ocurred to that point flashed through my mind. Scenes of Sachi's happy childhood with her parents, the accident, and ultimately the moment in the hospital when Sachi determined she had to put an end to her mother's life. Just after knowing how much they loved her and how happy they could've been together, that just broke my heart right there T_T

8 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, actually, I also like these kinds of stories. But I don't know, this particular route didn't work for me for some reasons.

Well I guess with that type of stories it's always a hit or miss :unsure: Since there isn't as much as a plot, it all relies on the character development and you being able to relate and emphathize. Either you hate it or you love it I guess.

Finished Amane's route in Grisaia. 

I've always been a fan of survival stories, so I quite enjoyed Angelic Howl. If anything, I think they stretched it out a little too much sometimes, but Kazuki and Amane interactions make up for it.

At a certain point it gave me "Alive!" vibes (when Kazuki says to Amane "if I die feel free to eat me" :michiru: i woild totally eat Kazuki, tho in another kind of way... . I expected cannibalism to be brought in one way or another, though I don't know... if feel like it went a little over the top at the end. I expected shit to hit the fan at some point, but what I mean is that it could've been done a little more realistic perhaps? My personal preferences at least, that is. Same case with the madman at the end; too much of a histrionic personality, impossible for me to take it seriously.

I am slowly making my way through little buster, slowly crawling through it whenever I have a few spare moments and from the moment I started reading I knew There would be times like this but

when I had to refuse kud's thanks cuz the guide said so... my soul shattered inside me

on the other hand I find myself really liking all the characters I've met up until now, haven't met the blond girl yet and I sorta met... kuds new roommate, pretty sure she never even mentioned her name, also could we please get a little busters english edition walkthrough on fuwanovel please? I'm using a steam guide atm and it's not fun

11 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've always been a fan of survival stories, so I quite enjoyed Angelic Howl. If anything, I think they stretched it out a little too much sometimes, but Kazuki and Amane interactions make up for it.

At a certain point it gave me "Alive!" vibes (when Kazuki says to Amane "if I die feel free to eat me" :michiru: i woild totally eat Kazuki, tho in another kind of way... . I expected cannibalism to be brought in one way or another, though I don't know... if feel like it went a little over the top at the end. I expected shit to hit the fan at some point, but what I mean is that it could've been done a little more realistic perhaps? My personal preferences at least, that is. Same case with the madman at the end; too much of a histrionic personality, impossible for me to take it seriously.

Spoiler

That flashback scene still kinda haunts me. The music that played throughout (Scab/Kasabuta), is forever burned into my memory.

Also, it took quite a bit of willpower to push through that flashback. Because it lasted for hours, and hours, and only slowly got more depressing. That bit about eating the maggots out of the wound on her head was particularly bad...

Back on topic ...... finally finished every route on Wagamama High Spec (unrated). Now, as good as those H scenes were, they were a tad overdone (actually, more then a tad overdone). Ashe is best girl, though Mihiro .... ties for cutest girl ever.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:55 PM, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hope you finished the bad ending as well?

IMAO it was better than the actual good one.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:19 PM, onorub said:

Hell, Sakura is treated just like Miki from Rance in this.

It's not nearly that bad.

Edited by Akshay

As for Grisaia trilogy, I did heard some things in regard of retcon for Michiru's route which to tell the truth looks like a hasty one. Then again, perhaps both of Meikyuu and Rakuen was hastily created by Frontwing in the past. As for the reason I say this, from what I knew recently apparently the trilogy was already planned when Kajitsu was created, and in the time of creation Frontwing was almost broke (Yes broke which is probably the reason of why they expanded overseas). From there, they pour their energy into making Kajitsu as some sort of Swan Song just in case the sales gone bad and they announce bankruptcy because of the broke. Of course they managed to avoid that, although since they quickly announced two sequels immediately I bet they just still in need of money. Long story short, the trilogy was created and now we have Grisaia franchise here. My opinion still won't change anyway in that they could just make Kajitsu only and treated both of Meikyuu and Rakuen like fandiscs a la Sharin, but at least it's interesting to knew that fact.

PS - In regard of trilogy strangely enough I prefer anime way to streamlined Kajitsu, and only that because they made Yuuji managed to solve all girls problem in one continuity which in turn make Meikyuu beginning more bearable.

Edited by littleshogun

I'm just starting Go! Go! Nippon!, bought it today on the newest Steam sale along with the DLCs. :D I have a rare free day tomorrow so I think I'm going to read through most of it. It's an important part of the history of VNs in the West, no matter how shameful. :wahaha:

When I'm done with that, I have A Kiss For The Petals - Remembering How We Met next in my queue. I really want to know when that English release of Maidens of Michael is coming out. I WANT IT NOW. :unsure:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

11 hours ago, Akshay said:

Hope you finished the bad ending as well?

IMAO it was better than the actual good one.

That I did. Yes, I agree with you on that. The bad ending, as overblown as it was, felt a lot more powerful.

Putting the route in comparison with the rest I've played so far, for me it'd be: Sachi > Amane > Makina

Now onto Mitcher. I've already read a little, and I'm liking that sillygoose bottle-blond more than I expected.

Started (and finished) Leisure of Grisaia. Only went for 90 minutes. Still, it was nice to hang out with ChiruChiru and the gang again.

Spoiler

LOL at the game teasing that Yuri scene xD

Then I started Doki Doki Literature Club.

Also, just bought the CLANNAD bundle on the Steam sale....

12 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

^^^

ChiruChiru best VN girl ever. Have fun with her route....

What I'm noticing though is that in this route Yuuji is a total jerk. Wtf? He's been a sarcastic person all along, but when the moment required it he knew how to be gentle and kind. I thought that was one important part of his characterization. 

18 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

What I'm noticing though is that in this route Yuuji is a total jerk. Wtf? He's been a sarcastic person all along, but when the moment required it he knew how to be gentle and kind. I thought that was one important part of his characterization. 

Uh, yes...

One element of Michiru's route is that Yuuji gets dragged into her level. Now they're both morons.
Oh, well.