What are you playing?

25 minutes ago, Hiashi said:

Little Busters English was just released on Steam. Anybody here reading it? It'll be my second time; the first being with the fan translation years ago.

Released in HD. 

For some reason this makes a lot of difference to me. I gotta finish Little Busters, then Rewrite and then I'm done with Key.

Just finished Kasumi's route from Dies Irae. So far, it feels like a Nitro-Plus VN with more technical writing, having a blast.

Also, apparently Kasumi's route is crap is comparison to the others? Reminds me of when i first read Rewrite and i started with Chihaya, i loved that route and it turned out to be the worst one.

Edit: Used a tiny holiday to do Kei's route and quite frankly, aside from the crazy finale it didn't feel that different from Kasumi's route.

2nd Edit: Did Marie and Rea. Marie's route was really good and i kinda think that the order between Marie and Kei could be done either way because Marie's introduces the Einharj Trio better IMO. Rea's route was just one of the most beautiful clusterfucks i've ever seen and my favorite route. Now on to the side stories.

Edited by onorub

1 hour ago, onorub said:

Just finished Kasumi's route from Dies Irae. So far, it feels like a Nitro-Plus VN with more technical writing, having a blast.

Also, apparently Kasumi's route is crap is comparison to the others? Reminds me of when i first read Rewrite and i started with Chihaya, i loved that route and it turned out to be the worst one.

Personally I didn't love Dies and dropped it on Kei's route, but I can say for certain that it does get much better after Kasumi's route. If you're having a good time right now, then you're definitely going to like this game.

14 hours ago, Hiashi said:

Little Busters English was just released on Steam. Anybody here reading it? It'll be my second time; the first being with the fan translation years ago.

This was the VN with baseball and friendship right? If its themes are similar to Persona I just might pick it up sometime.

12 hours ago, onorub said:

I wouldn't call Kasumi's route terrible, but it's definitely a lot weaker than Kei's and Marie's. Haven't read Rea's yet.

5 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

This was the VN with baseball and friendship right? If its themes are similar to Persona I just might pick it up sometime.

Don't go in expecting it to be too similar to Persona, but the friendship theme is definitely prevalent in the common route and Refrain. If you're into Key-style drama, you won't be disappointed.

Once I get a few things out of the way, I plan on getting the Steam release myself. I've finished the routes in the original game, but I haven't touched any of the EX routes yet. Glad it's finally being made available in English. :)And now I'm almost entirely out of reasons to learn Japanese, lol.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:13 AM, Kenshin_sama said:

And now I'm almost entirely out of reasons to learn Japanese, lol.

I kinda know the feeling. The biggest reason why I'm studying Japanese is to read VNs and light novels. There are still a good number of VNs that I want to read that haven't been translated.

Some of them never will be. Same goes for light novels, besides a very small number of the most popular ones.

13 minutes ago, Hiashi said:

I kinda know the feeling. The biggest reason why I'm studying Japanese is to read VNs and light novels. There are still a good number of VNs that I want to read that haven't been translated.

Other than LB EX, my primary motivations for learning Japanese were Subahibi and Dies Irae. So yeah, I'm mostly satisfied with the state of VN TLs atm. Don't get me wrong, it's not that there aren't untranslated VNs I wouldn't enjoy reading, but there's nothing in particular that grabs my interest as much as those 3. There are still a small handful of .hack// LNs I'm anxious to read, though.

Still at Mamatoto, and it's almost the finale here. I'll try to write more about this later, but one thing I could say that this VN was resembled Kichikuou in regard of the territory and the BGM - there's also the matter that some characters were also available at Rance series. As the gameplay once again it was pretty easy so far because I was overlevel (The story mission enemies level was at 17 while my average party level was at 25 right now), although I'm still grinding though because from what I'd read the last boss was very hard so I preparing for that.

Edited by littleshogun

23 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

sasasasasasami keeps kicking rin's ass on a daily basis and I can't decide if it's funny or frustrating

I'm sure she'll win one day.

(PSA: Please start a New Game instead of loading saves every time you finish a route. Little Busters! requires starting over for a bunch of extra scenes.)

Finished Tokyo Babel today. There were a lot of great things about the novel:

• Unique routes are great, though I felt Lilith's was way superior to other two.
  • The concept of gaining power from your reason to live was interesting.
  • Adam and Eve being a couple throughout all the routes. Usually in VNs all the girls are single and are there to be 'conquered', but Adam and Eve were solid. I especially liked Adam and his very simplistic reasoning. 
  • Samael was cute on one hand but cold-blooded on another

Her murdering Setsuna because he forgot a promise was hilarious.

Loved that contrast.

The endings were okay for the most part, but

I am sad Raziel was the only one without a 'good ending'. Sorami was reincarnated, Lilith had two endings to herself, but Setsuna croaked after a very short time in Raziel's ending. It made the most sense out of all the endings, but I can't help feeling she got the short end of the stick.

The one thing I really disliked about the VN is that there was so much fighting when the results were obvious. You know that Setsuna will win in the end, but every battle drags out anyway. I'd have much preferred all that time being spent on random school life events and battles ending after a couple of sentences.

P.S. Uriel was so annoying. Every time he appeared, he was screaming like a pig being murdered with just as much sense in his words.

Edited by Not_At_All

After a quite long time away from the world of visual novel, I've finally come back and finished reading Noble Works with Maya's route that was overall my favourite followed by Shizuru's which was kind of a good surprise since I found her route to be quite interesting ^^.

Now I think I'm gonna be reading Princess Evengile White Happinness, having read the original story quite a long time ago! 

Introduction of the Fate route finished.

I already love Rin. 
And i'm gonna guess that Saber, from her look and her sword is most prolly.

Spoiler

Arthur Pendragon, the King Arthur from the Bretonny legends.
From that, her weakness should be...magic, since Morgane is his/her main threat?

Got my copy of Princess X and played up to somewhere in chapter 2...this is going to be a trial to even finish one route.

I know this is supposed to be a comedy, but the prologue and a good deal of chapter 1 make most episodes of Fuller House look legitimately funny by comparison, no exaggerating. The only redeemable factors so far are the main heroines' voice acting as their performances are good enough to make the comedic scenes focused on them at least enough for me to crack a smile, their designs are pretty nice and the fight scene between Naja and Proxima was pretty good. The worst part by far though is the main character, Shinichi. The guy is a complete and utter wet blanket, so bad that in a scene where logically I'm supposed  to be on his side, his lines and narration are grating enough to have me on Naja and Proxima's side even though they're clearly in the wrong

Fucking hell, I just finished the normal ending for Chaos;Child and currently I would rate it on par with Steins;Gate. It engaged in such way that I literally skipped a meal, because I didn't want to stop reading and I cried in such a way that hasn't happened since I first started reading visual novels. You know, when you start off with the cream of the crop with your Clannads, MuvLuvs, and Grisaias. Before you have to really shift the shit for anything palatable. 

It was like, "Oh fuck that's right, I'm a human being with emotions!!!" 

It's a fucking crime that this was jammed into 12 episodes and a movie and that it had to follow a..... less than stellar predecessor.

Watch, the other endings will be garbage and completely ruin my experience. :wahaha:

Currently trying and failing to read Dal Segno. I want to like it, I really do, but I hate the protagonist. He annoys the crap out of me and the heroines, while likable, aren't really good enough to make up for it, nor is the writing, which is fairly good. It's really disappointing actually since I had heard it was sort of a spiritual successor to the Da Capo series, which I enjoyed every piece of. (Even despite the original being mediocre and bits of III being sort of bland though still entertaining)

Going to probably reread Little Busters for the EX routes but I do have a question about it. Does it add anything of substantial importance to the main routes? I'm probably going to go through the whole thing anyways as it's been a while and I've forgotten a lot of stuff but I'm just really curious.

20 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Got my copy of Princess X and played up to somewhere in chapter 2...this is going to be a trial to even finish one route.

I know this is supposed to be a comedy, but the prologue and a good deal of chapter 1 make most episodes of Fuller House look legitimately funny by comparison, no exaggerating. The only redeemable factors so far are the main heroines' voice acting as their performances are good enough to make the comedic scenes focused on them at least enough for me to crack a smile, their designs are pretty nice and the fight scene between Naja and Proxima was pretty good. The worst part by far though is the main character, Shinichi. The guy is a complete and utter wet blanket, so bad that in a scene where logically I'm supposed  to be on his side, his lines and narration are grating enough to have me on Naja and Proxima's side even though they're clearly in the wrong

I thought Princess X was gonna be a nice change of pace.

A chance to collect some momusu waifus.

I was wrong and so wrong.

The protagonist is an  unlikable boob. Sevierly rasist and just rapes all the monster girls. I like to think I can deal with a lot of fetishes. But it;s not even the kind of rape you see in something like Rance. He just wants them to suffer. Most of the endings are bad endings. 1 of the heroes has an only netorare ending. Some of the heroines are tortured just for the sake of it. 

Why, why didn't I read the fucking tags.

I got tricked by the monster girl boobies.

You can still save yourself...........

Edited by Akshay

5 hours ago, Kabu said:

Currently trying and failing to read Dal Segno. I want to like it, I really do, but I hate the protagonist. He annoys the crap out of me and the heroines, while likable, aren't really good enough to make up for it, nor is the writing, which is fairly good. It's really disappointing actually since I had heard it was sort of a spiritual successor to the Da Capo series, which I enjoyed every piece of. (Even despite the original being mediocre and bits of III being sort of bland though still entertaining)

Going to probably reread Little Busters for the EX routes but I do have a question about it. Does it add anything of substantial importance to the main routes? I'm probably going to go through the whole thing anyways as it's been a while and I've forgotten a lot of stuff but I'm just really curious.

It adds 3 routes : Sasasegawa Sasami, Saigusa Futaki and Saya(New character btw).