What are you playing?

37 minutes ago, Renkinjutsushi said:

Right now:

- Princess Evangile W happiness

- D.S dal segno

Exactly the same. But after ten hours of Princess Evangile W Happiness (I finished my second speed reading of the common route), It's difficult to go back to Dal Segno (three routes, no surprises). :amane:

Edit : reading Mitsuki's route...

Spoiler

1501460887-princessevangile59.jpg

Oh my...tsundere/coodere (I'm not sure) Mitsuki in cute mode...I LOVE IT !!! :sacchan:

Edit 2 : wolfrayet => The music helped a lot (Scott Joplin :kosame:) but, yes, i really loved the nostalgia feeling in this VN :mare:

Edited by Canicheslayer

24 minutes ago, Canicheslayer said:

Exactly the same. But after ten hours of Princess Evangile W Happiness (I finished my second speed reading of the common route), It's difficult to go back to Dal Segno (three routes, no surprises). :amane:

Edit : reading Mitsuki's route...

Reveal hidden contents

1501460887-princessevangile59.jpg

Oh my...tsundere/coodere (I'm not sure) Mitsuki in cute mode...I LOVE IT !!! :sacchan:

Edit 2 : wolfrayet => The music helped a lot (Scott Joplin :kosame:) but, yes, i really loved the nostalgia feeling in this VN :mare:

Oh boy... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Got Twin Automata ending for S;G 0. This worldline / ending was fairly bland, you spend the first half of it dealing with the mystery of Kagari and then just completely abandon it lategame in favor of Maho x Moeka friendships with a touch of Amadeus and Salieri romance

They did manage to make Moeka a fairly likeable character though so that's a plus (she was by far worst character in original Steins;gate)

Sergeant Clean was hilarious too

10 hours ago, Not_At_All said:

I actually liked the art, except for the fact it was hidden behind a NVL wall.

I will join you, I liked the art too. 

Tsumi to Batsu no Shoujo

I really liked this one. A lot of the insanity was entertaining to witness. Lots of "what the fuck" moments and even some laughing at how absurd it was. 

Bonus Points: Mai Kadowaki voicing MC and being crazy. 

Edited by HotTrax

Finished S;G 0

Overall, pretty solid read. 8/10. Good mid-quel stuff for original Steins;gate fans like myself to enjoy.

A bit disappointed that it didn't cover the future as much, at most it got like 30 minutes of coverage... I was expecting this VN to be ENTIRELY about the cast and the future >.> though, getting to see the little tie-ins in S;G 0's true end that led to Op Skuld was a pretty nice treat.

Time traveling and its repercussions aren't the focus this time, so the overall thrill and hype that the original S;G had hopping between world lines is lost. Instead, we're much more invested in the characters -

Spoiler

Okabe being at his all time low, stripped entirely of his Kyouma persona, Maho and Kurisu's poetic rivalry, Daru's fam fam, Lukako finally gaining the courage to ask what's going on despite being 4ever-leftout-sidekick, Moeka finally learning to value herself, etc. etc. there were some great scenes and development scattered throughout.

Another disappointment however is that it's pretty damn hard to keep track of what's going on; the original S;G had a simple and reasonable "D-mail = worldline shift" but S;G 0 had no concrete explanation of why the worldlines would shift; sure you know it all revolved around a certain (spoiler)

Spoiler

Whoever unlocked Kurisu's time travel memories via Amadeus or her laptop at the time, be it Stratfor, DURPA, or w.e other org

But that still doesn't explain why answering Amadeus's call or not would cause a shift, especially since it shouldn't influence who would obtain said key items.

Also compounded by the fact that there are multiple baddies, who each take the spotlight in whatever route they are prominently featured in, along with certain characters being used as red herrings and it's like oh come on!@# I get you're trying to build up some HOLY SHT revelations but stuff like 

Spoiler

The real Yuki being sent on a foreign exchange student program while Kagari is surgically modified to look exactly like Yuki and then pose as her to spy on the the group is some major BS and for a good while I was just a 'huh? Kagari = Yuki???' idiot

Kagari in general just made the plot needlessly complicated, some routes she's completely brainwashed by Stratfor/Dr. Leskinen so she's batshit insane complete antagonist Yuki-poser, other she's innocent amnesiac ally, and another she's amnesiac ally infused with Kurisu's memories>!@!@$! YO WTFSDFKSAFJKSS

All based on whether you answer Amadeus Kurisus's phonecall midroute? how da FK does that change all that

I can get if we're using the D-mail system that you could tip off Kagari to escape from Stratfor so she never gets brainswashed, but again, HOW DOES KURISUS AMEDAUES PHONE CALL DO ANY SHIFTINGGGGGGG

edit: ok i did some googles and supposedly it's cuz w.e Amadeus Kurisus says or doesn't say off of that phone call is actually really pivotal in who gets her time machine secrets first, no matter what either Stratfor / Dr. Leskinen or DURPA / Reyes or some other org will eventually get it and they are the ones to trigger the shifts when they do, i just wish we could actually see those events rather than Okabe getting Reading Steiner'd and having no memory of what took place

~~
But yeah, overall it should be a pretty fun read for people who enjoyed S;G. DO IT!

Seeing how Dies Irae wasn't quenching my thirst for the #edge, I've decided to pick up Hanachirasu. I was about to just check out the prologue, but that has proven to be a huge mistake... you see, those few scenes before the opening we're all way more exciting and interesting than the entirety of Kasumi's route in Dies.Now this is a super unfair comparison, as I'm essentially putting two opposite approaches to action scenes against each other, but... damn, it only took a  single scene to remind me why I like Narahara so much. The fights feel though out, with actual choreography and logic supporting the flashy coolness, and it's just so damn entertaining to me. I imagine this is extremely subjective, and I bet there are people who hate Narahara's style with a passion - but as soon as he started going into tangents to explain fencing theory, I was sold ten times over.

I'll definitely get back to Dies to check out the story, but as far as action goes Hanachirasu will be my go-to for now.

Edited by Vokoca

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Everlasting Summer and I'll write my impression on that later. After that, I'll try to continue with Chrono Clock VN that was stalled for a while.

PS - By the way, this is my first post in VN Talk section after apocalypse just in case somebody care lol.

Edited by littleshogun

Finished two "Another Stories" and all the epilogues in Princess Evangile W Happiness. I'm currently reading Ruriko's (at the beginning of the chapter 3)...she's very cute but her story is uninteresting, for the moment. So far, Mitsuki's route (soooo cute :Chocola:) is the best moment of the VN. However Chiho's and Ritsuko's epilogues were fairly good. The first is sweeter and clearly bearable. The second is simply the best girl :makina:. Sadly Tamie's route was a bit disappointing (maybe my expectations were too high).

Edit : Finished Ruriko's "Another Story". Finally, It was slightly heartwarming (and even she's not not my type, I must admit that she's lovely and endearing). Except Chiho (outside her epilogue in PE W Happiness) and Rise, PE's casting is really something :mare: Next is Marika.

Spoiler

Galaxy_Express_999_500_0.jpg1503480437-princessevangilewh025.jpg

A trubute to Galaxy Express 999 ? :makina:

Similarly, I finished (100% this time) Collar X Malice.

Spoiler

+ The story is addictive and is worth the (long) trip.

+ Globally, the casting is excellent (the trio Shiraishi-Mukai-Sakuragawa is compelling).

+ Beautiful Character Design.

+ Some bad endings are interesting.

- Okazaki's route and, above all, the last chapter of the True Route are bad.

- Yanagi Aiji is a bit dull and Sasazuka Takeru is a perfect jerk

- The romance and the horror parts are awfully timid (seriously I can't believe almost all the casting is 20+ years).

- The translation/localization is not perfect.

7,5/10

Edited by Canicheslayer

While the forums were down, i finished Sekien no Inganock (atmosphere alone made it my favorite LiarSoft novel so far), then on my SteamPunk mood finished Code:Realize (simple anime-ish story, but the lack of filler or fanservice was refreshing as hell) and now on an Otome mood, i'm close to finishing Amnesia Memories (it kinda feels like the writer is capable of doing a lot out of nearly nothing, because i think the plot is meh but pretty addicting at the same time).

Edit: Finished Amnesia Memories and the final route felt like trying to get Illya's affection up in Heaven's Feel, where slight mistakes screw you over.

Edited by onorub

Played 999 when the forum was down and currently in progress with Virtue's Last Reward. Have to say I expected much more from it. The setting being something between Ever17 and Danganronpa sounded amazing to me, but it just doesn't sit that well with me. The things I didn't like (spoilers from 999 and some from VLR):

1. Puzzles interrupting the story constantly. They are entertaining on their own for the most part, but it feels like a drag just to have to do them every hour or so.

2. The story overall. Most if not all sci-fi stories hang on pseudo-science, but here the telepathy felt incredibly far fetched, not to mention the time paradox that Akane created, by saving herself.

3. Lack of good endings in 999. I love when I can "get with" every girl in a visual novel. It may sound stupid, but that's one of the things I enjoy about VNs in general and I felt like there could've been a Clover's end instead of one of the bad endings (Lotus would've been awesome too, but I feel like it's pushing it). Ever17 did that well even if it had the true ending, so it's not like it can't be done.

4. Virtue's Last Reward 3D art. It just looks weird to me, though I am beggining to get used to it.

5. The story jumping around. I don't like having to get a lock from one route to finish another.

6. Endings in VTD just ending once one person escapes, it doesn't feel like an end at all.

7. Sigma getting stopped from escaping after betraying Quark. Everyone else successfully escaped when they got to 9 points (so far I've seen K, Dio, Tenmyouji and Clover) without being stopped, but the guy who I assume to be pretty much the most athletic dude get stopped instantly.

8. My choices changing things they couldn't logically change. Like if I betray Tenmyouji, he allies, but if I ally, he betrays. It might be explained somewhere down the line, so that's not so bad, but it grinds my gears right now.

Wow, I didn't even thing I had that many things before I got to writing. I intend to finish VLR and play the last game because there are a few characters I really like, but I hope it gets better from here on in.

Finished Kei's route in Dies Irae...and (once it moved past the 'seen it before' parts at the start (which considering the overarching theme of this game makes me wonder if that was intentional) it was really good, it actually gave Kei some character depth and an arc which she noticeably lacked in Kasumi's route, the fights were really cool (though the last one did start to drag a little) and much to my surprise...the ending didn't suck. Considering how people kept complaining about it being a non-ending or unsatisfying I was expecting a cliffhanger or for the story to just suddenly stop but...

Spoiler

really it just comes off as a season finale to a show that didn't get renewed. Yeah there's unanswered questions but with the exception of Kasumi everyone else is pretty much fine and the arcs for their stories in this route have been complete.

Now...I have to read two sidestories before moving on with the main one :amane:. Maybe these will be better than Wehrwolf which aside from the bit with Shirou and Ellie just felt like the kind of deleted scenes for a movie where you don't really feel like anything was lost with their removal

Finished Princess Evangile W Happiness. Globally, it was a nice reading, an ideal refreshment for this strange summer.

Marika's route was slightly crappy (undeniably the worst moment of this VN). It was boring and her first H-scene was just...b******* and ridiculous. On the contrary, my last route (Konomi) was, probably against all my expectations, the best route. Even if it's lolicon, It is very funny and quite heartwarming (Kitamikado Sisters are hilarious, as secondary characters) :kosame:

Spoiler

1503820757-20170824225733-1.jpg

1503820756-20170825114807-1.jpg

After PE and PE W H, here's my final girl ranking :

Ritsuko = Mitsuko > Tamie > Konomi > Ruriko = Ayaka > Chiho (because her epilogue was nice) > Marika (my image of her was ruined by her bad route) > Rise

Edited by Canicheslayer

I'm currently continuing playing my playthrough with Kara No Shoujo that i stopped playing sometime ago due to real life problems. Despite how gruesome this Visual Novel is, i kinda find it calming to read at... Letting me forget my worries and the world for a while... Just absorbing in the scenery and the awesome art!:Chocola:

Perhaps after beating the game, I'll try reading/playing Littlewitch Romanesque or Kana Okaeri, maybe just continue with Kara No Shoujo The Second Episode:notlikemiya:

So many Visual Novels To choose from... So little time :rubycry:

Following up on Virtue's Last Reward:

Despite all the negative things I said about it, the characters (mostly Phi and Tenmyouji) helped me get through the worst parts and I became really invested in the story at some point. The ending was solid with a few twists I expected and some that caught me completely unaware. Also many of the faults that I found were either somewhat alleviated or completely fixed. It's still not perfect, but I really feel like I've enjoyed it now that it's over.

On to Zero Time Dilemma! I am a bit worried that it doesn't have a vndb entry, but I'm way too curious now.

E: Played Zero Time Dilemma for 10 minutes

won a coin toss, everyone lived happily ever after, roll credits. Pretty disappointing ending to the trilogy to be fair.

Edited by Not_At_All

Decided to take a bit of a break from euphoria.  There's only so much of that stuff I can handle, but I'm enjoying the stories for it enough to keep my interest.

But for now I'm playing Hatuskoi 1/1, and I gotta say that I've wanted to reach into my computer and punch the guy quite a few times, and I'm not even really on a girl's route yet.

6 hours ago, Mistearea said:

But for now I'm playing Hatuskoi 1/1, and I gotta say that I've wanted to reach into my computer and punch the guy quite a few times, and I'm not even really on a girl's route yet.

Well, I just hope that your computer was still intact after finished both of Yukino's and Runa's route. Or for that matter, hope that your hand didn't had any injury at all after punching the computer later.

Edited by littleshogun

During the Fuwapocalypse, i read Michiru's and Sakaki's endings in Grisaia. 

Now this is kind of weird, because i can't even sort my opinions about my favorite route or girl in this VN. I haven't played Makina's route yet, but i don't think she could top the others siince i don't even like lolis that much.

While Michiru's route was fun, Sakaki was filled with something more interesting and maybe a bit thrilling. Well, actually it's a fight between those 2 routes and those 2 girls, since i did not really like Amane and i found her route a little boring because it was a BIT too long (Kazuki was probably the only reason i could bear to watch all the other stupid characters). So i guess my final judgement would be Sakaki for the best route and Michiru the best girl. Nothing against Sachi, she just wasn't as likeable for me and the stupid options offered to the player on her route (and obviously their consequences) were a letdown. The same goes for Michiru, the choices the player is offered at the end make no sense whatsoever and i tried hard to think about them even after going through both of her endings.

Also, i just finished the last one of Majikoi's main routes. I did a good job of leaving Momoyo as the last one (though, Wanko is still the best girl). My judgement of Majikoi is rather simple: A great comedy, with so absurd ammount of dirty topics and jokes that it's actually funny. I've noticed a few wannabe dramatic scenes that were kinda out of place, because the choices don't matter at all in the story (except of some VERY obvious ones), which ruins any feeling of accomplishment for getting a good ending.

Edited by Zidan209