What are you playing?

Bored here, and decided to read this VN. Let's just said the VN was had the worst character development and I don't care whether someone died or not (It's only around less than 15 minutes duh). But at least it allow us to save, in which there's some certain VN which forgot that. Although it's definitely not the best VN in term of story (It's parody in the first place anyway, from Reddit to be exact), at least I'm interested in two characters from the VN who also Fuwanovel member (Bigfatround0 and Superange there). Other than the parody nature, there's no much to talk about here. By the way, it's free just in case some user here asking what's the price for the VN itself.

Fata Morgana, finished chapter 4 and started chapter 5.

Spoiler

At first I was a bit disappointed with the fourth chapter, but then I got to the revelation at the end, and... :pyaa:Did they actually make a mediocre chapter, and made the fact that the chapter is mediocre a major plot point? I am not even sure if it was a great or a stupid move. On the other hand, it certainly made the revelation even more shocking. Also, the backlog acting like crazy throughout the whole chapter certainly added to the experience, and made the whole thing more interesting, though it was a bit inconvenient, to be honest.

Now, a few words about the revelation. Well, it was... great, I guess? And pretty confusing at the same time. Right now the thing I am most concerned with is connected to the White-Haired Girl. Just, who exactly she is? It doesn't seem like she appears in this time period, so I am pretty clueless right now. She kind of looks like Michel, so... His descendant, perhaps? Also, I am a bit worried about the phrase of the protagonist, that she was never at the mansion. I am not sure if he referred to this time period, or the mansion as a whole. Even though I don't think it's something like that, I would be quite sad if the girl turns out to be some kind of a fictional character, I quite liked her. Well she is a fictional character anyway, but you get what I mean. And I am not even sure if it is the same mansion in every chapter, because the location was clearly different each time.

By the way, it's pretty funny that the Maid's lie is exactly what I thought was happening, when I was reading chapter 2 or so. It didn't exactly add up, so I dropped this idea a bit earlier.

Also, a small question to those who already finished the game. I managed to get the right option (well, I guess it was the right option) to the choice at the end of the 4th chapter on the first try, but I'm pretty curious about where other options lead. So, what do you think, should I finish the VN first, or try other options right now?

Anyway, I'm finally completely hooked! I'm not sure about how much free time I have right now, but I am probably going to spend a bit more of it on this VN.

In preparation for Da Capo III I decided to finally finish Da Capo II. Right now I believe I am missing Minatsu's, Otome's, Yume's and Sakura's routes, so I started with Minatsu. Additionally, I don't remember finishing Nanaka's route, but I do remember at least starting it...

Minatsu Route Thoughts:

Spoiler

First of all, little effort was put into making her look like a convincing robot in any fashion. Unfortunately it manages to make the entire premise look ridiculous because there is literally no real factors that differentiate her from humans.

This being said, and although the route focuses on her being a robot and the consequences attached to that, I think it really shines in the romance department. Her frankness, lovableness, when accompanied by her rapid growth as a 'person', make for a really interesting route.
Frankly, the romance and character interaction were what made the route, not the whole robot shenanigans, which was amateurishly crafted at best. People changed their view from "I hate robots" to "I love robots" at the drop of the hat, and even if there were some attempts to clarify that not everyone so whimsically changed opinions, when pretty much the whole school boycotts classes for the sake of the robot there is little else I can think.

On the topic of the 'Mu', I had hopes they would take centre stage this route. It seems it was not to be...

In other news, Sawase Maya.

I love the class president's voice actress -- that should be made clear. Unfortunately, I don't believe she should have been cast as the class president. She's very good at making her characters sound troubled, mad (in a comedic sense), and just generally humorous. Unfortunately, the only facet of the president I feel she can accurately represent is her exasperation. Her decisiveness and assertiveness are immediately thrown out of the window by her... sort of goofy voice. Not necessarily from being badly voice acted, mind you, but from the fact I know her other roles.
Worse still, I've seen her in other roles. Other more serious roles, where she seemed to manage decently. In short, I'd go so far as to claim that whoever's responsible for directing the way she voices her character is at fault.

Finished Majikoi A2.
Monshiro was meh, Seiso/Hegemon was GREAT, and finally - Cookie was 'ok'. Till the turning point around 2/3 in. And whoa it became so, so great. Awesome soundtrack, best in the series so far, great story, veriety of strong emotions, and one totally awesome CG that (along with the music in that scene, 'Wind blows throuygh my body' or something similiary tittled. Sadly - I didn't found it on youtube) made me incredibly hyped for... Baldr Sky and Schwarzesmarken. Moar serious and dark mecha VNs, please!

One of the other awesome pieces in soundtrack for Cookie route:

I love Majikoi.

Edited by Vorathiel

Picking up Root Letter on a random whim, which usually means I have a >99% chance of actually being able to finish it, btw it's apparently been ~four months now since I finished a VN, last one being Remember11 back in September last year, wtf time flies #toomanyPS4games&beingbusywithlifeingeneral

Assuming I'm able to get back in the groove of things, I need to knock out unfinished business VNs Psychopass & I/O, then I'm thinking doing a Legendary like S;G0 or FataMorgana, then Flowers, then the other Legendary

And then since it's been a year and a half since I've read a full fledged charamoege (Princess Evangile back in Apr '15), with all the DCIII hype I'm thinking that series will be my go-to to satiate them high skoo SoL needs-

*Disappears, never to be seen again*

13 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

In preparation for Da Capo III I decided to finally finish Da Capo II. Right now I believe I am missing Minatsu's, Otome's, Yume's and Sakura's routes, so I started with Minatsu. Additionally, I don't remember finishing Nanaka's route, but I do remember at least starting it...

I did the same! I had also not managed to complete Otome, Yume, and Sakura's routes. I've since started Da Capo III however I'm making slow progress due to being busy but it's decent for the most part.  Once I am done with Da Capo III I'll probably finish Tokyo Babel before switching to Labyrinth of Grisaia/Koiken Otome/Corona Blossom/Root Double/11eyes/Majikoi/Himawari or some new vn that gets released. 

On 1/23/2017 at 4:32 PM, pual said:

Dracu-Riot! h-scenes are awful (mostly voices bother, overly done mosaic too), this is so far only VN where I voluntarily skip most of them with Ctrl. It's also focused on characters and not story. Also reading Root Double, which is pretty good :).

Overly done mosaic? I don't even...

Got my first Root Letter ending.

Took about 6 hours. Root Letter's an aight experience so far, you basically play as nameable 32ish years old protagonist Takayuki from Tokyo who comes to Matsue to look for his long lost penpal Aya Fumino whom he exchanged a total of 10 letters with during their high school years 15 years ago. Reason being he's a sentimental douchebag, jk he finds an extra undated letter of hers that he apparently didn't read for all these years and in it Aya confesses she 'killed someone' so she's cutting off contact.QA738YT.jpg (960×544)
Yo dw, I just finally read this letter of yours 15 years later, but I like murder mysteries, sign me up!!

The exploration aspect plays like the Kara no Shoujo & it's investigation segments- you have free roam to visit locations on the map and can examine/probe the background CGs for extra information. There's no automatic progression in the narrative- you have to actively choose all the time where to go and what to do next; it's a bit of a chore but thankfully the game's pretty linear and handholds you on where to go via Takayuki's self monologues. Everything is also pure business in this VN; there is very sparse to no idle banter or slice of lifey scenes outside of the occasional witty remark you can make; anything you do, everywhere you go, everyone you talk to is all in your pursuit of Aya.
AVFoM0F.jpg (960×544)
Why dis place soo big!?!! Me don't know where to go next :(( 

And so the hunt & stalking begins, Takayuki books a night or two (turns out his hunt will last an entire week by endgame) at the local Matsue Inn and then heads over to Aya's address. Cue the mystery time, the Fumino residence is vacant, has been vacant, and the neighbors say that Aya died 25 years ago. Wait, what? Weren't my letters from 15 years ago? Who the fk is the Aya I've been communicating with then?! This is some mistake, she MUST EXIST, RIGHT??? RIIIIGHT???!!!@!11

And so you spend the next 5 hours spending each Chapter of the game going on a wild goosechase to find out more about Aya by re-reading one of her letters and trying to locate her Snow White 7 Dwarves friends- Shorty, Fatty, Snappy, Four-Eyes, Monkey, Bestie, and Bitch (yesyoureadthatright):
08nTAIj.jpg (960×544)
Oh! Oh! I know someone who wore magatama pendants, let's go find that person and interrogate them!!!@#

Problem is, it becomes readily apparent that some dark, deep shit must have happened between this group of friends 15 years ago, because they all actively feign ignorance to the existence of Aya and adamantly deny their past high school aliases so it's up to you to explore the city and gather clues and information to eventually corner them and make them all fess up.

The eventual boss dialogue encounters are reminiscent of Danganronpa's Class Trials; the characters will vehemently deny who they were while you slowly whittle down their defenses by presenting your evidence until you finally just hit them with a YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE, BETCH, NOW TELL ME ABOUT AYA!@#$. It's decently entertaining and pretty straightforward so you'll usually know what to say and what evidence to bring up:
3ipfjvM.jpg (960×544)
SNAPPITY SNAP SNAP, NOW SNAP UP AND TELL ME ABOUT AYAAAAA!@#

Who is Aya? Is she alive? Does she even exist? What happened 15 years ago?

The first ending concludes Takayuki and Aya's penpal relationship in the most abrupt and unsatisfying way ever, however the game hints that there are still many mysteries to be revealed:
Z1WUsCV.jpg (960×544)

I'm about 30 minutes away from finishing the remaining extra scenes in Kindred Spirits, and I've been debating what to play next, when, thanks to its discussion thread coming back to life, it suddenly hit me:

1ilt4o.jpg

And so I shall, probably starting later tonight. Wish me luck and chocolate.

Edit: I finished all of Kindred Spirits. If you're on the fence about the "extra" scenes, get off that fence and go play them. They're beautiful, too. They can be kind of a pain to unlock, but they're unquestionably worth it.

Now, on to KoiChoco (tomorrow, after work and shit...).

Edited by Fred the Barber

YaygnD6Rxu.jpg (960×544)

Root Letter's ends are apparently all based on what replies you choose in your little P.S. statements to Aya after every letter, so thankfully after you get your first nasty unsatisfying abrupt ending which unlocks all the other ends the VN grants you a Skip-to-next-chapter function you can use so you can burn through the letters quickly

It's always funny how, for the sake of have branching plotlines, your decisions in these VNs can have such drastic effects; it's like whoop-dee-doo to avoid running into that sucky first ending and instead get the best ending with all the happy feels and loose ends tied up all nicely n' postivitutely all you had to do is blatantly mention that you have a thing for Aya and so by power of love EVERYTHING will work out just fine between everybody 15 years later :heart:

ybxdPCk.jpg (960×544)

P.S. I totally didn't choose "P.S. Please tell me your measurements" reply during my first playthrough (yes they have that option) :notlikemiya:

Everything worked out so nicely in this end actually that I'm hesitant to pursue the "Cursed Letter" and "Government Plot" ends.... I like to end my VNs on a high note :<

I finished Otome's route in Da Capo II:

Spoiler

Not as bad as I feared.

First things first: I love sisters. No, not that way you bastard. I mean that I love non-romanceable sisters. I enjoy the existence of a sister character -- given, of course, that she is not clearly in love, infatuated or perverted. In fact, it's also the same with the childhood friends. What I really like is when they are what they are, a real friend or family, and aren't in love with the protagonist.
In short, I tend to like characters better when they aren't in love. If they do grow to love each other, then I want it to happen within the character's own route, if it has one. I dislike them being in love at any moment earlier than their route.

This is how Otome avoided one of the biggest pitfalls her "older sister/childhood friend" hybrid could have walked right into. She spent the 'common route' section of her route fawning over Yoshiyuki without 'going too far' or showing any sexual/romantic interest. They ate together, helped each other and so on. A memorable moment would be when she sat between his legs... for whatever reason. The 'sister', 'childhood friends' or 'cousin' archetypes are essentially the only kind of characters that can be even remotely close to the protagonist without necessarily eliciting a deluge of sexual thoughts: The famed "her sweet sent", "her smooth skin", "she's so captivating", etc. Note I say 'necessarily' because most still do, there's just a higher chance for them not to if they are 'practically family'.

Having avoided the pitfall they swiftly proceeded into the route proper and became lovers. A bit of a shame but fair enough. The romance was actually fairly sweet at times, so that was fine.

From there, DRAMA. The drama in her route was intriguing, mysterious and had to do with Yoshiyuki's past -- this made it interesting and relevant. It built up in such a way that we shared our frustration with the protagonist, then had 'the reveal' -- where tears may or may not be shed -- and then the bittersweet end. Sort of like a train crashing in slow motion: you already know how it'll end, but hold onto a sliver of hope. You pretend to accept the inevitable, whilst truly hoping it'll not come to pass. And so, the unavoidable occurs. Let there be tears.

And then comes the epilogue to just undo it all.
I've heard people claiming "the epilogue ruined the whole route/game" about whatever visual novel they have in mind. Until now, I merely disregarded such people's complaints, but, at the moment, I feel I can better empathise: The epilogue can indeed overturn the conclusion or tone or theme of the whole work, for people who care about such things.
So yes, the epilogue was a shift in tone. Sadly so, because this is one of the few more bittersweet or mostly bitter endings that I can claim with confidence to have 'liked it'. The epilogue itself seems like little more than an excuse to add the H-Scene in and rescind the way the route proper concluded.

Nevertheless, I appreciate things as they come. Relatively south as the epilogue may have dived, the rest was good so I liked it. And it's not like it's all bad: I've heard tell of spoilers that may connect to this epilogue and make it somewhat better. So something later on in the VN may be relevant to this.

I'm currently playing Da Capo III. I maintain my optimism, but I don't believe it surpasses Da Capo II in any aspect thus far (I don't think I've finished the prologue yet? I think I'm around Free time 5 or 6).

Thoughts so far:

Spoiler

Let's talk translation. My verdict is "not bad". Definitely better than most fan translations, yet subpar for most official translations. Discounting the abnormality that is Grisaia no Kajitsu's fan translation and keeping in mind that I haven't played the official translation of Muv-Luv, this is likely one of the best translations I've seen for a game of such a monumental size.
What's wrong? Putting aside standard problems of uninspired or lazy translations/expressions/choice of wording, this script, in opposition to most other official translations I've seen, has not produced any lines/translations I can say "Wow, that's good/original/etc.". There's even the chance that the game's to blame for that -- if the script itself is stale and uninteresting, it is only natural that the translation should be much the same.
A bit hard to swallow, since I rather liked both of the previous Da Capo's common routes, but possible.
If it sounds like I've got little to complain about, that's because I do have little. Not paying any attention and speed reading as I am...

As for the game itself, definitely less enjoyable than Da Capo II. Let's start with the bad. You know what's the worst thing a VN can do to me? Create a harem whilst having no intention of going through with it.
When every single love interest is already 'in love' and willing to be bedded right from the get-go I feel like I'm just wasting my time. And let's be honest, he could have sex with any of the girls in the Newspaper Club with a little persuasion -- or maybe none at all.
I traditionally like common routes. I like seeing the daily lives of the characters as friends. I take little pleasure in shows of jealousy or pervertedness, so my interest right now is minor at best. So yeah, that's bad. Not so bad is the protagonist.

Kiyotaka is a good guy. You know, the staple VN protagonist. Most people like putting them all under the same 'self-insert' umbrella, but I like spotting the little differences. For instance, Kiyotaka is as close to a natural playboy as I've seen in quite a while. Whilst some of the girls like him for (some bloody well) contrived reasons, some of them like him for conceivable reasons: like helping someone integrate into a new class or helping a girl to the infirmary when she needed it most -- the kind of little things the social guys can do effortlessly and create minor crushes. I know I once fell in love with a girl who volunteered to go with me get a glass of sugary water for my pale, feeble self. Caring about his friends, all of which happen to be cute females, to the point of obsession, he constantly gives them hopes that he has thing for them; renovates and rekindles the crushes they have for him. Kind of like executing maintenance.

I also appreciate that they keep some memorable tracks from Da Capo II. The 'comedy' music was great, some 'every day shenanigans' is also nice and so is some 'calmer' music. Now all they have to do is keep Sakura's upbeat theme and I'll be set.

Characters from the previous games reappear or have descendants in this one, and that's also interesting. I had a giant grin on my face when I visited the Detective Agency.

I have little interest in the 'dream' story. Reminds me of the kind of thing Key did often -- the kind of thing I hated immensely. Doesn't seem too bad so far... though I'm fairly sure it'll be important in at least a couple routes.

Let's rate the girls thus far:

On their own merits: Aoi/Sara/Charles/Himeno/Ricca

As romanceable characters: Sara/Ricca/Charles/Himeno/Aoi

Starting with Aoi, the main thing she's got going for her is the mean streak that comes out on occasions -- especially with Ricca. I like the trust she has in the protagonist, and I don't dislike a dependent girl. Add the poison tongue, sleeping habit and sweet tooth and she's definitely interesting.

Sara is always treated as the "harsh, common-sense girl" in the group, but she doesn't seem all that harsh. Or cold. Or mean. Or most things they describe her as. I still like her manner of speech and her archetype, so she wins from that alone. I'm not even sure what it is I like so much about her.

Ricca... The main thing is her favour is that she's upfront about her love for Kiyotaka. I like that. Don't much like her for any other reason, though.

Charles is pretty nice from a romantic point of view... I don't dislike the 'older sister' characters and her voice is nice, but that's it.

Himeno is the Nemu/Yume of the game, a prestigious position bringing with it the 'character I like least' award. Thankfully, she seems to mellow out more with each game, meaning I actually find this iteration likeable!

I still have hopes for this game. They clearly put quite a bit of money into it, and I tend to trust long games to be able to deliver some good moments. I feel that this one might shine in its routes as opposed to its start.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I finished Otome's route in Da Capo II:

Reveal hidden contents

Not as bad as I feared.

First things first: I love sisters. No, not that way you bastard. I mean that I love non-romanceable sisters. I enjoy the existence of a sister character -- given, of course, that she is not clearly in love, infatuated or perverted. In fact, it's also the same with the childhood friends. What I really like is when they are what they are, a real friend or family, and aren't in love with the protagonist.
In short, I tend to like characters better when they aren't in love. If they do grow to love each other, then I want it to happen within the character's own route, if it has one. I dislike them being in love at any moment earlier than their route.

This is how Otome avoided one of the biggest pitfalls her "older sister/childhood friend" hybrid could have walked right into. She spent the 'common route' section of her route fawning over Yoshiyuki without 'going too far' or showing any sexual/romantic interest. They ate together, helped each other and so on. A memorable moment would be when she sat between his legs... for whatever reason. The 'sister', 'childhood friends' or 'cousin' archetypes are essentially the only kind of characters that can be even remotely close to the protagonist without necessarily eliciting a deluge of sexual thoughts: The famed "her sweet sent", "her smooth skin", "she's so captivating", etc. Note I say 'necessarily' because most still do, there's just a higher chance for them not to if they are 'practically family'.

Having avoided the pitfall they swiftly proceeded into the route proper and became lovers. A bit of a shame but fair enough. The romance was actually fairly sweet at times, so that was fine.

From there, DRAMA. The drama in her route was intriguing, mysterious and had to do with Yoshiyuki's past -- this made it interesting and relevant. It built up in such a way that we shared our frustration with the protagonist, then had 'the reveal' -- where tears may or may not be shed -- and then the bittersweet end. Sort of like a train crashing in slow motion: you already know how it'll end, but hold onto a sliver of hope. You pretend to accept the inevitable, whilst truly hoping it'll not come to pass. And so, the unavoidable occurs. Let there be tears.

And then comes the epilogue to just undo it all.
I've heard people claiming "the epilogue ruined the whole route/game" about whatever visual novel they have in mind. Until now, I merely disregarded such people's complaints, but, at the moment, I feel I can better empathise: The epilogue can indeed overturn the conclusion or tone or theme of the whole work, for people who care about such things.
So yes, the epilogue was a shift in tone. Sadly so, because this is one of the few more bittersweet or mostly bitter endings that I can claim with confidence to have 'liked it'. The epilogue itself seems like little more than an excuse to add the H-Scene in and rescind the way the route proper concluded.

Nevertheless, I appreciate things as they come. Relatively south as the epilogue may have dived, the rest was good so I liked it. And it's not like it's all bad: I've heard tell of spoilers that may connect to this epilogue and make it somewhat better. So something later on in the VN may be relevant to this.

I'm currently playing Da Capo III. I maintain my optimism, but I don't believe it surpasses Da Capo II in any aspect thus far (I don't think I've finished the prologue yet? I think I'm around Free time 5 or 6).

Thoughts so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Let's talk translation. My verdict is "not bad". Definitely better than most fan translations, yet subpar for most official translations. Discounting the abnormality that is Grisaia no Kajitsu's fan translation and keeping in mind that I haven't played the official translation of Muv-Luv, this is likely one of the best translations I've seen for a game of such a monumental size.
What's wrong? Putting aside standard problems of uninspired or lazy translations/expressions/choice of wording, this script, in opposition to most other official translations I've seen, has not produced any lines/translations I can say "Wow, that's good/original/etc.". There's even the chance that the game's to blame for that -- if the script itself is stale and uninteresting, it is only natural that the translation should be much the same.
A bit hard to swallow, since I rather liked both of the previous Da Capo's common routes, but possible.
If it sounds like I've got little to complain about, that's because I do have little. Not paying any attention and speed reading as I am...

As for the game itself, definitely less enjoyable than Da Capo II. Let's start with the bad. You know what's the worst thing a VN can do to me? Create a harem whilst having no intention of going through with it.
When every single love interest is already 'in love' and willing to be bedded right from the get-go I feel like I'm just wasting my time. And let's be honest, he could have sex with any of the girls in the Newspaper Club with a little persuasion -- or maybe none at all.
I traditionally like common routes. I like seeing the daily lives of the characters as friends. I take little pleasure in shows of jealousy or pervertedness, so my interest right now is minor at best. So yeah, that's bad. Not so bad is the protagonist.

Kiyotaka is a good guy. You know, the staple VN protagonist. Most people like putting them all under the same 'self-insert' umbrella, but I like spotting the little differences. For instance, Kiyotaka is as close to a natural playboy as I've seen in quite a while. Whilst some of the girls like him for (some bloody well) contrived reasons, some of them like him for conceivable reasons: like helping someone integrate into a new class or helping a girl to the infirmary when she needed it most -- the kind of little things the social guys can do effortlessly and create minor crushes. I know I once fell in love with a girl who volunteered to go with me get a glass of sugary water for my pale, feeble self. Caring about his friends, all of which happen to be cute females, to the point of obsession, he constantly gives them hopes that he has thing for them; renovates and rekindles the crushes they have for him. Kind of like executing maintenance.

I also appreciate that they keep some memorable tracks from Da Capo II. The 'comedy' music was great, some 'every day shenanigans' is also nice and so is some 'calmer' music. Now all they have to do is keep Sakura's upbeat theme and I'll be set.

Characters from the previous games reappear or have descendants in this one, and that's also interesting. I had a giant grin on my face when I visited the Detective Agency.

I have little interest in the 'dream' story. Reminds me of the kind of thing Key did often -- the kind of thing I hated immensely. Doesn't seem too bad so far... though I'm fairly sure it'll be important in at least a couple routes.

Let's rate the girls thus far:

On their own merits: Aoi/Sara/Charles/Himeno/Ricca

As romanceable characters: Sara/Ricca/Charles/Himeno/Aoi

Starting with Aoi, the main thing she's got going for her is the mean streak that comes out on occasions -- especially with Ricca. I like the trust she has in the protagonist, and I don't dislike a dependent girl. Add the poison tongue, sleeping habit and sweet tooth and she's definitely interesting.

Sara is always treated as the "harsh, common-sense girl" in the group, but she doesn't seem all that harsh. Or cold. Or mean. Or most things they describe her as. I still like her manner of speech and her archetype, so she wins from that alone. I'm not even sure what it is I like so much about her.

Ricca... The main thing is her favour is that she's upfront about her love for Kiyotaka. I like that. Don't much like her for any other reason, though.

Charles is pretty nice from a romantic point of view... I don't dislike the 'older sister' characters and her voice is nice, but that's it.

Himeno is the Nemu/Yume of the game, a prestigious position bringing with it the 'character I like least' award. Thankfully, she seems to mellow out more with each game, meaning I actually find this iteration likeable!

I still have hopes for this game. They clearly put quite a bit of money into it, and I tend to trust long games to be able to deliver some good moments. I feel that this one might shine in its routes as opposed to its start.

I knew you'd like the DC3 protagonist. I knew this because I hate him. I absolutely despise him, in fact. I think he is easily reaching my top 3 most hated protagonists list. 

I never thought I'd hate someone so much for being too nice.

TbilxfF.jpg (960×544)
AHAHAHA IKR, I'M DA BEST, MAX POWAAAAAAAAAAAA LOLOLOL PLZ LOVE ME MOAR CUZ I'M SUPERIOR!!@#@!!!!111

Jeezis Kristo, Root Letter's "Cursed Letter" ending was sooo dark and out of place. You can't just have a Modern Day Japanese Town setting for 90% of the VN and then just because you make Takayuki be a narcissistic ass to his penpal Aya have the last 10% blitz you with all this horrific supernatural Corpse Party shit :notlikemiya::
s6s8Pai.jpg (280×159) tcGli9X.jpg (280×159)97CKaan.jpg (240×136)

^Ya the dude literally got crow'ed.

These ends so far are at the very far corners of the spectrum; Bond of Marriage being the epitome of bliss and happiness, Cursed Letter being the ultimate fk all the characters...

Overall these routes seem to be very standalone-in-their-own-separate-universe kind of deal so I'm guessing there won't be any fancy pancy grand revelation route tying all of the little various facts you learn in each of them together or anything. A shame. Btw I would've loved to play Root Letter from start to finish with the same tone it had for the last 10 minutes of Cursed Letter, it was a decent horror flick.