What are you playing?

10 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

So

Steins;Gate 0 spoilers, HEAVY HEAVY SPOILERS!!

Hide contents

Gehenna and Stigma's ending is basically what happens when Okabe falls into hell, it's a variation of the Altair & Vega ending, only this time, Okabe rintarou really gives up, and damn, that whole thing with poor Maho, and that love triangle, and everything that made this ending quite enjoyable.

BUT TOO DAMN SHORT!!

Moar Steins;Gate 0 spoilers, on same topic

Spoiler

That was the first ending I got, and it ripped me to shreds. Maho... Poor Maho...

Just now, Fred the Barber said:

Moar Steins;Gate 0 spoilers, on same topic

Reveal hidden contents

That was the first ending I got, and it ripped me to shreds. Maho... Poor Maho...

Spoiler

My heart fell as much pierced as Kagari's body....EVEN FUCKING KAGARI!! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!!

MAHO IS A GOOD CHARACTER!! OBVIOUSLY SHE CAN'T OUTSMART ME! BUT SHE DESERVES MORE ATTENTION!!!!!!!

And damn, didn't expect the love triangle thingy, in both endings....This whole VN was made in order to make us look sad, right?

Obvious Steins;Gate 0 Spoilers, guys

Remember11.

I'm after Kokoro route. Took me around 7-10 hours. I liked it. Lot's of greatly lean on mysteries, few nice interesting theories, no definite answers. It's good.
But after that I made a 3,5h long grind thorugh all the bad endings I could get at this time. So 14, or 15. Who the hell said I NEED them? And even worse - that I need them even before I start next route? That was pointless. No new information (only nice new text, was when I was choosing other choices...but not in those 'crucial' for bad endings ones), almost every bad end was something like

Spoiler

somebody got angry and killed protag/protag dies of freeze

in very short scenes. Sigh. I have only around 3h of reading tonight, and instead of grinding I could be more than a halfway thorugh Satoru route, but no... I 'needed' bad endings, sigh.

Steins;Gate 0 to the point of sleep deprivation.

Playing blind as well and my first ending was the 

Spoiler

Mayushii Ending, which shocked me with the revelation about Kagari's "newly-made" body. Couldn't ask for a better first ending. Getting to see Mayushii take on a more active role was also pretty nice.

Leskinen twist didn't surprise me at all since I was suspicious from him from the beginning. Or should I say I'm suspicious about everyone... I'm reaching Okabe levels of paranoia I think.

Maho is so relatable it fucking hurts.

I also plan on keeping it blind until the end. Seems like the consensus is that it's not that difficult to complete it like this anyway.

On 12/11/2016 at 3:30 PM, Vorathiel said:

Remember11.

I'm after Kokoro route. Took me around 7-10 hours. I liked it. Lot's of greatly lean on mysteries, few nice interesting theories, no definite answers. It's good.
But after that I made a 3,5h long grind thorugh all the bad endings I could get at this time. So 14, or 15. Who the hell said I NEED them? And even worse - that I need them even before I start next route? That was pointless. No new information (only nice new text, was when I was choosing other choices...but not in those 'crucial' for bad endings ones), almost every bad end was something like

Reveal hidden contents

in very short scenes. Sigh. I have only around 3h of reading tonight, and instead of grinding I could be more than a halfway thorugh Satoru route, but no... I 'needed' bad endings, sigh.

Nah, you don't necessarily NEED the bad ends before second route(?), it's just that due to the way the flags are set for this VN once you go into the second route you'll have to literally replay the first route from scratch or something to reset the flags to get those ends, which you noticed are pointless and not worth your time anyways.

Thematically, the abundance of ends and whatnot will tie in to the R11's lackluster ending. A small thematic thing, nothing big. But it helped me appreciate that shat ending better.

On 12.12.2016 at 0:30 AM, Vorathiel said:

Remember11.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't understand why anyone would recommend getting the bad endings in Kokoro's route before moving on to Satoru's. You see, the two routes are connected in that getting a bad ending in one of the routes will eventually trigger a bad ending in the other. If you really want to get all the bad endings, you should have waited with that until clearing both routes' true endings, then whenever you get a bad ending in one route, use the shortcut system to switch to the last available point in the other route and get the bad ending there. Having said that, this really is only for completionists because as far as I remember, most of these alternate sides to bad endings are just

Spoiler

the current protagonist swapping bodies, only to realize the body they just entered is dead and fade away.

However, I would suggest getting Satoru's side of the bad ending where

Spoiler

Kokoro doesn't take the sleeping pills while in Satoru's body on the first day, somehow causing it to drown in the bathtub while Satoru is in it.

Satoru's route contains far less bad endings of its own, some of which contain subtle hints for unsolved mysteries, so I would suggest getting all of them. Also, there's this one REALLY confusing bad ending around the halfway point of the route. Get Kokoro's version of it as well.

Edited by kilicool64

22 hours ago, MiyazawaLulu said:

Steins;Gate 0 to the point of sleep deprivation.

Playing blind as well and my first ending was the 

Reveal hidden contents

Mayushii Ending, which shocked me with the revelation about Kagari's "newly-made" body. Couldn't ask for a better first ending. Getting to see Mayushii take on a more active role was also pretty nice.

Leskinen twist didn't surprise me at all since I was suspicious from him from the beginning. Or should I say I'm suspicious about everyone... I'm reaching Okabe levels of paranoia I think.

Maho is so relatable it fucking hurts.

I also plan on keeping it blind until the end. Seems like the consensus is that it's not that difficult to complete it like this anyway.

This is the last ending I got.

13 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Which one is that confussing (from Kokoro side)? Or is it confussing only in Satoru route?

Both sides are, really. IIRC, Satoru's side of it (which must be triggered first) happens on the third day, but I'm not quite sure about that. If you get an ending around the halfway point of Satoru's route that's basically a sequence of really weird and surreal events, that's the one I'm talking about. Trust me, you'll know what I mean when you get it.

So, new sitrep.

HUGE STEINS;GATE 0 SPOILER

Spoiler

This time, no christmas party, but a new year party, Judy Reyes appeared earlier in the story, Okabe is still resilient at talking to AI Kurisu, and the whole Miko scene was cool.

Oh yes, Kagari looking like a big boobed Kurisu.

Oh, and also terrorists striking Okabe...one of them wearing a mask from chaos;child cause...why not.

Okabe became the biggest motherfucker ever, the huge balls it took to ask for Tennouji, the SERN rounder leader, the one responsible for the countless deaths of his childhood friend, to actually help him to protect Kagari....That was one of the most powerful scenes in the VN so far.

And then, just because i didn't answer Kurisu...a new worldline divergence occured, and reading steiner activated...Kagari apparently found her house, but this time Maho is getting targetted.

interesting debate about AI.

Oh, and Moeka is extremely friendly, for a big ass scum SERN soldier who wouldn't hesitate to straight up murder 3rd best grill just for the pleasure of being a big ass scum.

Did i say the artstyle in S;G 0 is stratospheric?

Spoiler

Holy..Shit.

AI Kurisu became Alpha worldline Kurisu...OMG, OMG!!! WHY DID MAHO HAVE TO DELETE AMADEUS!!!! WHY!!!

Also, that bitch reyes murdering that asshole Leskinen, and Maho saved by the bitch Moeka...wow, too many bad guys in the same room..

The route was really great, i love the fact they didn't focus on any forced romance between Okabe and Maho, the way this game handle routes is amazing, clearely.

But Still, Kurisu's last words...help Hououin Kyouma...RAAAH!!

Maho ending got.

....WHATTT!! BACK IN THE ALPHA WORLDLINE?!!!!

STEINS;GATE 0 SPOILERS, AVOID AT ALL COSTS

29 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Holy..Shit.

AI Kurisu became Alpha worldline Kurisu...OMG, OMG!!! WHY DID MAHO HAVE TO DELETE AMADEUS!!!! WHY!!!

Also, that bitch reyes murdering that asshole Leskinen, and Maho saved by the bitch Moeka...wow, too many bad guys in the same room..

The route was really great, i love the fact they didn't focus on any forced romance between Okabe and Maho, the way this game handle routes is amazing, clearely.

But Still, Kurisu's last words...help Hououin Kyouma...RAAAH!!

Maho ending got.

....WHATTT!! BACK IN THE ALPHA WORLDLINE?!!!!

STEINS;GATE 0 SPOILERS, AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I got the alpha wl sequence on my first playthrough: 

Let's say it's a scene I didn't really digested.

Anyway, I think amadeus kurisu in Maho's ending is more of a summary of many worldline kurisus reading stainered all toghether in a single machine. Like MLA's Takeru Shirogane.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

After thinking on it for a few months, I think The House In Fata Morgana is my favorite VN of all time alongside Virtue's Last Reward. VLR on its own is impeccable, especially its story, themes and twists, but it's flawed (shitty art, a few kinda contrived points). The worst thing about it is that it left on a very intense cliffhanger and its sequel Zero Time Dilemma did not deliver on that cliffhanger at all. So I can't recommend/praise it in very high spirits now, knowing it'll be letting down anyone who reads it.

The House In Fata Morgana, however, is an altogether different beast. All its components are far more consistent in quality (the overall quality being pretty much top-notch), with beautiful art and music, rock-solid pacing and characters, and a story that just doesn't let you go and you feel empty and fulfilled when it does. It's also wholly self-contained (though there IS a fandisk being translated right now at 38% progress IIRC), and so there isn't anything you need to read before or after it. Seriously can't praise this VN enough, but honestly the surprise I got when I went in with low expectations was part of the package (not that you'd be any worse off for it).

4481.jpg

I just finished Hanachirasu which ended up kinda disappointing after a pretty good start. Part of it were the technical problems - it was prone to crashing and the combat animations slowed down to a dia show in auto mode while the auto mode itself had a rather inconsistent text display speed.

But the story was also pretty lackluster. The title has lots of info dumps about fighting styles and got frequently lost in background information about loosely related historical events. I wouldn’t say I’d be against those in principle, but more often than not they were just presented in huge dry text walls, even further emphasized by the NVL format. And it’s relation to the current situation were often so loose that you could almost get the idea that the writer just wanted a day off and therefore just copy-pasted a few pages from ‘Samurai for Dummies’ instead of continuing the story.

The characters suffered the most of that and just stayed pale and uninteresting until the end. The main characters were more like side characters and the side characters more like background actors. And while you get that there’s a revenge story going on, you never feel the intensity of it. Although it does have some well written and drawn fighting scenes which are pretty much the highlight of the story and also the situations where the technical descriptions of fighting styles were a bit better placed.

Spoiler

6813.jpg

Biggest offender was Akane though, who was unfortunately the protagonist. While his opponent Yoshia was still kinda cool even if underdeveloped, Akane was just some overly girlified annoying little brat, who appeared more like a pouting child that had his lollipop taken away. And it didn’t exactly help that ‘he’ was even voiced by a girl. Would have expected this type of pussy character more in a yaoi nukige than in a serious revenge story. <_<

The cause for the whole revenge was also rather unconvincing and the ending more facepalmy than dramatic. Still, I kinda liked the somehow more realistic and dark setting even if the samurai were drawn a bit too traditional for the modern world setting and some of the soundtracks got very repetitive after a while. And the fighting scenes were good for the most part.

Spoiler

6807.jpg

Heroine rating: Didn’t really matter since they were just there to deliver some cheap H-scenes and therefore hardly got any development. Kinda liked Itsurin the smith though.

Overall rating: 5,5/10 (Rated it a bit down because of the technical problems)

Edited by ChaosRaven