What are you playing?

15 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Thanks to Bats, I'm now playing House In Fata Morgana. I think I'm some 20-30 minutes in, I like it so far. I've always been a sentimental person about places, such as homes or schools, and the stories they inhibit. As such, HiFM's story structure really appeals to me. It almost reminds me of the happier parts of Umineko so far. Mell and Nellie are both very endearing characters, even though Nellie is somewhat sad.

For the most part, I really hated Nellie. She was clingy and self centered, and by the end I just thought that she was a brat. With that said, she was also quite pitiable. Unlikable though I may have found her, the circumstances that led to her personality and the actions she took were quite sad, so I could emphasize with her on some level.

Gahkthun is really good. My interest in it hasn't waned at all, and I'm about halfway through, which is unusual for VNs. The characters are all really cool, and the designs are good too. Tesla's a fun protagonist, which is again, more than I can say for most VNs, and Neon is absolutely adorable. While I can see why people are bothered by the episodic nature of the story, I like the cast enough that I honestly don't mind. In fact, if anything, I would welcome more time with them. The poetic way it's written is nice too. The music is good, but I wouldn't necessarily listen to it by itself. It sets the atmosphere nicely and fits the game well enough, so no real complaints. My only real problems so far are that quite a bit is just sort of glossed over ("Tesla made a contract with the thunderbird"), and the fact that you know that Tesla's going to win every fight as soon as it starts. The fight scenes aren't really boring, per se, thanks to the way they're written and the stylism of the VN as a whole, but the tension is borderline nonexistent. It's sort of a shame because I can't help but feel that they could have been so much better. Like I mentioned in my last post, I was a tad worried about picking this up because every liarsoft game I've played has slowed drastically, but this hasn't really done that, so I'm really glad.

Spoiler

Also Berta <3. I swear, she's like a bunch of my favorite design quirks rolled in to one. Heterochromia+reverse trap+bushido=win. I can only describe her appearance as "sleek" as a whole, and the way her voice sounds is really nice too. New waifu.

I'm hoping to finish all of the tl'd steampunk games before Sona-nyl rolls around, so one of the next few VNs I play will likely be Inganock.

7 hours ago, akaritan said:

For the most part, I really hated Nellie. She was clingy and self centered, and by the end I just thought that she was a brat. With that said, she was also quite pitiable. Unlikable though I may have found her, the circumstances that led to her personality and the actions she took were quite sad, so I could emphasize with her on some level.

Gahkthun is really good. My interest in it hasn't waned at all, and I'm about halfway through, which is unusual for VNs. The characters are all really cool, and the designs are good too. Tesla's a fun protagonist, which is again, more than I can say for most VNs, and Neon is absolutely adorable. While I can see why people are bothered by the episodic nature of the story, I like the cast enough that I honestly don't mind. In fact, if anything, I would welcome more time with them. The poetic way it's written is nice too. The music is good, but I wouldn't necessarily listen to it by itself. It sets the atmosphere nicely and fits the game well enough, so no real complaints. My only real problems so far are that quite a bit is just sort of glossed over ("Tesla made a contract with the thunderbird"), and the fact that you know that Tesla's going to win every fight as soon as it starts. The fight scenes aren't really boring, per se, thanks to the way they're written and the stylism of the VN as a whole, but the tension is borderline nonexistent. It's sort of a shame because I can't help but feel that they could have been so much better. Like I mentioned in my last post, I was a tad worried about picking this up because every liarsoft game I've played has slowed drastically, but this hasn't really done that, so I'm really glad.

Reveal hidden contents

Also Berta <3. I swear, she's like a bunch of my favorite design quirks rolled in to one. Heterochromia+reverse trap+bushido=win. I can only describe her appearance as "sleek" as a whole, and the way her voice sounds is really nice too. New waifu.

I'm hoping to finish all of the tl'd steampunk games before Sona-nyl rolls around, so one of the next few VNs I play will likely be Inganock.

Glad you're enjoying Gahkthun. I enjoyed Gahkthun quite a bit, but Inganock is really a cut above. I keep not making time to go read Sharin, though...

As for me, currently reading Flowers.

Gotta say, Koiken Otome continues to be a frustrating read - it has potential - otherwise I would have dropped it by now - but I'm just a little bit into Akane's route, and I can't help but feel like the writer hates the reader, and is actively punishing me for reading the VN. :sachi:

How can I explain? You've heard the saying "carrot and the stick treatment" right? I feel like this is one of those VNs where the reader is sopposed to suffer the stick a ton, and then is likely later rewarded with a bunch of carrots. This is why I like somewhat OP MCs - you get carrots more frequently, so to speak - rather then having to deal with nothing but obnoxious frustration.

Finished You's route Ever 17

The bad end is just tragic, in the end the Kid's 0.00000000000001% chance was all just a big ol' pile of horse dung huh :sachi:. It's even more tragic that he can only think up the solution for the good end if he has the power of love on his side and is lovey dovey with You

Overall Kid x You is pretty meh, You had 300% more entertaining banter and dynamics with Takeshi imo.  Hell in general Takeshi >>> Kid so far. Only saving grace was that there was no chicken sandwich BSOD this time :makina: 

Everything's been answered...for the characters. Readers will have to wait for True Ending. Oh well, least I got to see You with longer hair :kosame: Dat bowlcut don't do her no justice.

Sara's next.

is kamidori some sort of parody of real life??

on one hand you have yuidora a country rulled by a guild <corporations> interested in advancing technology and making a profit<murica son> who was separated from a empire devoted to aristocracy <britain> and on the other hand you have daisanfordawatchamacallit, a country ruled by an emperor with a court and samurai looking armors and devoted to honor basically japan in a nutshell, am I reading to much into this, am I going crazy???

Finished Sara's route

...wut? Is that all there is to Kid? I thought he'd have some god-tier revelations but dat was some unhyped normal shit of a background. Maybe there'll be more in the True Route.

Ending was touching. *Insert Dory voice* Just keep swimming~

Aight bois, les' do dis, so far Ever 17 is 6/10, I expect great things coming up

2 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished Sara's route

...wut? Is that all there is to Kid? I thought he'd have some god-tier revelations but dat was some unhyped normal shit of a background. Maybe there'll be more in the True Route.

Ending was touching. *Insert Dory voice* Just keep swimming~

Aight bois, les' do dis, so far Ever 17 is 6/10, I expect great things coming up

You really need to be open-minded going into the last route...

Spoiler

...because you're about to receive the mindfuck of your fucking LIFE, faggot

EDIT:

It's 4am and thinking about Fata Morgana isn't letting me sleep. It's like I'm playing Saya no Uta, Umineko and YU-NO all over again. At once. Holy fuck. Haven't enjoyed a VN this much since YU-NO last summer. 

Spoiler

I'm in the fifth door and fuck, Giselle's backstory hit HARD (not that I have any similar experience, but...). I just got to the part where they are as happy as they could be, and I know the only road is downhill from here. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'm at the point where it utterly breaks my heart to guess what's next, but I can't really keep myself from reading onward ANYWAYS. I LOVE IT.

In the Fourth Door, accidentally finding hidden text in the backlog was insane.
Then, when I was almost done, two characters (who I assume to be Michel and Giselle) started to TALK TO EACH OTHER INSIDE THE BACKLOG. Fucking crazy. And then there's the red intermissions by Morgana.

Absolutely beautiful sprites in every way possible (contender for the best style I've seen), pretty good CGs (but 4:3 really, really hurts), 10/10 OST. I love this game.

P.S:

Spoiler

For the choices, I kind of chose to "act" for every one of them- took the key from the portrait, looked in the mirror, etc. Got Endings 1, 2 and 3. Don't know if I'm on the true ending (if there's one) path, or if I'm anywhere close to the end for that matter and I don't want to know. 

Also, played another 2016 release besides Zero Time Dilemma so now I have a game I can call GOTY 2016 without cringing, whee!

Ever fking 17 is a masterpiece, yes the individual routes themselves were 6/10 for 'decent', but my god, that has got to be one of the most epic jam-packed climactic revelation plot twist mindscrew thriller hyped True Routes I've ever read, and it's just so wonderful because the finale is noticeably longer than the other routes and consists purely of you getting absolutely bombarded with connections, tie-ins and reveals one after another resulting in you getting 100% addicted and spamming mouse clicks as you try to piece everything together before the narrative does and it just ultimately leads to an EXTREMELY satisfying experience.

Every little tidbit that was important in individual routes is entirely relevant to the true end and understanding the grand scheme of things; it's just one of those things where you have to take a step back to appreciate the amount of thought and attention to detail that had to be made to weave such an intricate storyline that flows so smoothly when it comes to reveal time.

Here is a log of some of my misc thoughts on my entire Ever17 experience. spoilers, obviously.

Spoiler

1st attempt at reading it some X years ago: Boring as fuh, wtf is this little pink haired girl biting on this giant monkey thing!? backlogged, i got better stuff to read (nekopara?!@#)

2nd attempt- aight, I just finished Fate/Stay, I'm in da zone to read the classic oldies, les do dis! Hm, Kid seems Chaos;head Takumi-tier level of pathetic nob, let's play as college stud bro Takeshi instead-

• (Sora & Tsugumi route): Hmm, disappear when blackout, no need food/sleep...? Yo I know this VN is from 2004, but dis better not be some drawn out revelation that Sora's not human, cuz it's obvious as fuh- oh okay they revealed it. ty. now we can focus on how adorbs she is with custom-made Takeshi makeup ///... Hm, interesting conversations regarding cloning and the idea of multiple Soras with only memory being the absolute differentiation b/w them
  • Tsugumi just seems a standard-extreme kuudere, no idea what her game is... /// Whoawhoawhoa, Cure-Virus? neveraging/eternal youth? Hell yeah, give your blood to everyone!!!
  • You has a loooooong ass name, let's not pay attention to how it's spelled or said >.> /// Tsugumi-Sora bad end scene is just tragic, I shipped Takeshi x You...
  • FK THE FKING KID AND HIS CHICKENSANDWICH BREAKDOWN FK YOU, GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY AS YOU EVENTUALLY?!?! 
  • Coco reminds me of Hoshimemo's Chinami. Both start with letter C, both young girls with pink hair and very kiddy mannerisms... but somehow I'm extremely fond of Coco, unlike annoying ass Chinami, so I'm very thankful for that.
  • K, so, the big picture is that LeMU amusement park is just a front for a secret underwater research facility that studied microorganisms, done goofed, and had a Tief Blau resulting in our lovely 2017 Ever 17 scenario. Man, that's some weak ass shit, how is this a 10/10 masterpiece...?

~~

• (Sora & You route): 'Hoooold up bro, where the fk is Coco? Who the hell is this Sara? Why was there multiple voices in the elevator? YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, I know there's some mutli-universe shit goin' on here, I KNOW!!!!
  • Coco's showing up every now and then, and only to Kid? Wtf is going on, is it RSD like Sora, 'cept from another (Takeshi's) universe?! FK I WANT ANSWERS!@#!@
  • You's still trying to crack the PW, 'cept Kid gets to 'get some' with her this time *wink wink* I mean err, get involved with her more than Takeshi ever did. Btw, that 'tilt the barcode vertically to read the phrase' was some BS. /// Totally will not notice that the ending CG epilogue =/= Kid of Takeshi's perspective, funny how the writers can cleverly make readers be ignorant of the obvious with a simple 'eyy, 2 years passed, so Kid obviously just looks more mature instead of it being an entirely different person!"
  • Huh? You's mom is her mom and also her? I don't get it, there's definitely some multi-universe crap going on here...
  • Sara's great. same VA as Fate/Stay's Rin, top-notch hacker that whoop'ed Logical Sora no prob... too bad she doesn't get much development as the rest of the cast unfortunately and ultimately just becomes a walking 'oniii-chan' bot after the revelation.
  • I swear, that hologram looks like Takeshi................. is he really Sara's bro?! PAPA?!?!@ Also, wtf was with the unanswered drama b/w Tsugumi and Sara....
  • WAIT WHAT? THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO THE GREAT KID, JUST SOME FODDER WITH INFRARED VISION THAT FORGOT EVERYTHING AND HOW HE ABANDONED HIS SIS SARA? THAT'S IT???OHHH BOY, NOW THIS IS SOME REAAAAL WEAK ASS SHIT, HOW THE HELL IS 10/10 MASTERPIECE??????
  • I did notice a few 'off' things about characters that hinted towards the scenario not being the same as the one in 2017, such as Takeshi not really feeling like Takeshi (more lax and trolly trolls), Kid not being as pathetic noob, You not as upbeat (she's extremely skeptic in this one), Tsugumi being extremely cautious and actively untrusting rather than just cold and distant, and the whole Sara vs. Coco's presence. But of course, I brushed it off as 'it's just a different universe, so of course the characters will be the same, but not really the same' rather than going for future vs past.

~~

• Coco / True Route: Should definitely play this in Kid's perspective, since he will actively have the reader's foresight for the beginning bits and be able to recall Sara's name upon first meeting, point out Sora is an AI and the 5~7 life reading inconsistency, etc...
  • OHHH SNAP, ONCE YOU GET THE FIRST PERSPECTIVE SHIFT DURING KICK-THE-CAN YOU JUST KNOW YOU GOTTA PUT ON YOUR SEATBELT BECAUSE THE RIDE'S JUST GETTIN' STARTED
  • Seriously, the narrative just flowed EXTREMELY well with the various callbacks to all sorts of info dumpy scenes from various routes shifting back and forth between key moments in both Takeshi and Kid's perspectives, this stuff was REALLY well done...clap clap
  • OHH MY FKING GOD, KID FINALLY LOOKS IN THE MIRROR AND DOESN'T SEE TAKESHI'S PERSPECTIVE KID?! -Not really a mindblow, I've gone through this before, you can't beat me, Ever17!!!
  • OHHHHHH MY FKING GOD, YOUSESDKFJS 'HARU' KANA VS YOUSDFJSDHFAK 'AKI' KANA, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS EARLIER?! THEY EVEN HAD A DEDICATED SCENE WITH HER SAYING 'AKI' KANA IN THE LEMU MACHINE IN 2034, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, THEN THAT MEANS THIS YOU AND THAT YOU....!!!!
  • TSUGUMI IS SARA AND KID(HOKUTO)'S MOM, AND TAKESHI THE DAD?!?!?!?!  OHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOODDDDD I LOVE CHARACTER RELATION REVELATIONS!@#
  • THE YEAR IS 2034? WE'RE DEALING WITH PAST AND PRESENT, NOT MULTI-VERSE?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#
  • 2034 TAKESHI IS 2017 KID?!?@ YO FK YOU BSOD SANDWICHER, HOW DARE YOU IMPERSONATE MY FAVORITE PROTAG TAKESHI
  • REAL TAKESHI IS HAWT, though I wonder who the hell gave Hokuto dem blonde genes ...
  • BLICK WINKEL? WAIT, IS THAT ME, THE READER? YOU TELLIN' ME I GET TO BE INVOLVED(ACTUALLY, I'VE BEEN INVOLVED ALL THIS TIME)?!?!??!?!! WHOOOOOO, EVER 17, YOU HAD ME SOLD 5 BULLET POINTS AGO BUT GODDAMN LETS DO DIS!!@#@!#@!#!@ RESCUE MISSION FOR TAKESHI AND COCO, I DON'T CARE FOR ANY HOKUTO ASSPULL REVIVE OCEANBOTTOM DROWNED TAKESHI, THERE'S TOO MUCH HYPE GOGOG
  • The little paradox thrown in there where saving Takeshi+Coco in 2017 would result in POOF instead of waiting and replicating the LeMU trapped scenario for 2034 was also brilliant
  • In the end, Kid's pretty cool. Him and You 'Haru' did some MAJOR work behind the scenes to ensure
  • Sora got a bod now, I'd  tap that >.>
  • THE MONKEY SUIT THING WAS TSUGUMI AFTER ALL, BECAUSE OF CURE-VIRUS SUNLIGHT SENSITIVITY, GOD I LOVE HOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINED
  • And there's even a lengthy epilogue with each character getting their own perspective, really makes the closing feel complete instead of leaving you the dreaded "that's all?' feel that some stories like to do, and then they even gather the cast for one big farewell.... bravo.
  • PgVFOz6.png

....And so on and so forth, you get the idea, i'm mad overhyping this so 9.5/10, based on 6/10 routes, 7/10 characters, 4/10 music/art, and 100/10 trueroute. Yes, Ever17 is all about its true route, go make the grind sometime and read it, because its truly some bravo material by the end of it.

dhMeAzK.gif

I want to read the True Route so much, but I don't want to start the VN from the beginning again. (I did the routes with Takeshi, but for reasons I had to stop, and I never continued since then. It's been a little over 1 year now)

Is it totally necessary to have fresh memories of the routes, or reading summaries is fine?

1 hour ago, Riku said:

I want to read the True Route so much, but I don't want to start the VN from the beginning again. (I did the routes with Takeshi, but for reasons I had to stop, and I never continued since then. It's been a little over 1 year now)

Is it totally necessary to have fresh memories of the routes, or reading summaries is fine?

Reread them, you'll understand why in the true route.

Godspeed Eclipsed, you beautiful bastard. Now go read Remember11.

2 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Ever fking 17 is a masterpiece, yes the individual routes themselves were 6/10 for 'decent', but my god, that has got to be one of the most epic jam-packed climactic revelation plot twist mindscrew thriller hyped True Routes I've ever read, and it's just so wonderful because the finale is noticeably longer than the other routes and consists purely of you getting absolutely bombarded with connections, tie-ins and reveals one after another resulting in you getting 100% addicted and spamming mouse clicks as you try to piece everything together before the narrative does and it just ultimately leads to an EXTREMELY satisfying experience.

Every little tidbit that was important in individual routes is entirely relevant to the true end and understanding the grand scheme of things; it's just one of those things where you have to take a step back to appreciate the amount of thought and attention to detail that had to be made to weave such an intricate storyline that flows so smoothly when it comes to reveal time.

Here is a log of some of my misc thoughts on my entire Ever17 experience. spoilers, obviously.

Hide contents

1st attempt at reading it some X years ago: Boring as fuh, wtf is this little pink haired girl biting on this giant monkey thing!? backlogged, i got better stuff to read (nekopara?!@#)

2nd attempt- aight, I just finished Fate/Stay, I'm in da zone to read the classic oldies, les do dis! Hm, Kid seems Chaos;head Takumi-tier level of pathetic nob, let's play as college stud bro Takeshi instead-

• (Sora & Tsugumi route): Hmm, disappear when blackout, no need food/sleep...? Yo I know this VN is from 2004, but dis better not be some drawn out revelation that Sora's not human, cuz it's obvious as fuh- oh okay they revealed it. ty. now we can focus on how adorbs she is with custom-made Takeshi makeup ///... Hm, interesting conversations regarding cloning and the idea of multiple Soras with only memory being the absolute differentiation b/w them
  • Tsugumi just seems a standard-extreme kuudere, no idea what her game is... /// Whoawhoawhoa, Cure-Virus? neveraging/eternal youth? Hell yeah, give your blood to everyone!!!
  • You has a loooooong ass name, let's not pay attention to how it's spelled or said >.> /// Tsugumi-Sora bad end scene is just tragic, I shipped Takeshi x You...
  • FK THE FKING KID AND HIS CHICKENSANDWICH BREAKDOWN FK YOU, GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY AS YOU EVENTUALLY?!?! 
  • Coco reminds me of Hoshimemo's Chinami. Both start with letter C, both young girls with pink hair and very kiddy mannerisms... but somehow I'm extremely fond of Coco, unlike annoying ass Chinami, so I'm very thankful for that.
  • K, so, the big picture is that LeMU amusement park is just a front for a secret underwater research facility that studied microorganisms, done goofed, and had a Tief Blau resulting in our lovely 2017 Ever 17 scenario. Man, that's some weak ass shit, how is this a 10/10 masterpiece...?

~~

• (Sora & You route): 'Hoooold up bro, where the fk is Coco? Who the hell is this Sara? Why was there multiple voices in the elevator? YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, I know there's some mutli-universe shit goin' on here, I KNOW!!!!
  • Coco's showing up every now and then, and only to Kid? Wtf is going on, is it RSD like Sora, 'cept from another (Takeshi's) universe?! FK I WANT ANSWERS!@#!@
  • You's still trying to crack the PW, 'cept Kid gets to 'get some' with her this time *wink wink* I mean err, get involved with her more than Takeshi ever did. Btw, that 'tilt the barcode vertically to read the phrase' was some BS. /// Totally will not notice that the ending CG epilogue =/= Kid of Takeshi's perspective, funny how the writers can cleverly make readers be ignorant of the obvious with a simple 'eyy, 2 years passed, so Kid obviously just looks more mature instead of it being an entirely different person!"
  • Huh? You's mom is her mom and also her? I don't get it, there's definitely some multi-universe crap going on here...
  • Sara's great. same VA as Fate/Stay's Rin, top-notch hacker that whoop'ed Logical Sora no prob... too bad she doesn't get much development as the rest of the cast unfortunately and ultimately just becomes a walking 'oniii-chan' bot after the revelation.
  • I swear, that hologram looks like Takeshi................. is he really Sara's bro?! PAPA?!?!@ Also, wtf was with the unanswered drama b/w Tsugumi and Sara....
  • WAIT WHAT? THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO THE GREAT KID, JUST SOME FODDER WITH INFRARED VISION THAT FORGOT EVERYTHING AND HOW HE ABANDONED HIS SIS SARA? THAT'S IT???OHHH BOY, NOW THIS IS SOME REAAAAL WEAK ASS SHIT, HOW THE HELL IS 10/10 MASTERPIECE??????
  • I did notice a few 'off' things about characters that hinted towards the scenario not being the same as the one in 2017, such as Takeshi not really feeling like Takeshi (more lax and trolly trolls), Kid not being as pathetic noob, You not as upbeat (she's extremely skeptic in this one), Tsugumi being extremely cautious and actively untrusting rather than just cold and distant, and the whole Sara vs. Coco's presence. But of course, I brushed it off as 'it's just a different universe, so of course the characters will be the same, but not really the same' rather than going for future vs past.

~~

• Coco / True Route: Should definitely play this in Kid's perspective, since he will actively have the reader's foresight for the beginning bits and be able to recall Sara's name upon first meeting, point out Sora is an AI and the 5~7 life reading inconsistency, etc...
  • OHHH SNAP, ONCE YOU GET THE FIRST PERSPECTIVE SHIFT DURING KICK-THE-CAN YOU JUST KNOW YOU GOTTA PUT ON YOUR SEATBELT BECAUSE THE RIDE'S JUST GETTIN' STARTED
  • Seriously, the narrative just flowed EXTREMELY well with the various callbacks to all sorts of info dumpy scenes from various routes shifting back and forth between key moments in both Takeshi and Kid's perspectives, this stuff was REALLY well done...clap clap
  • OHH MY FKING GOD, KID FINALLY LOOKS IN THE MIRROR AND DOESN'T SEE TAKESHI'S PERSPECTIVE KID?! -Not really a mindblow, I've gone through this before, you can't beat me, Ever17!!!
  • OHHHHHH MY FKING GOD, YOUSESDKFJS 'HARU' KANA VS YOUSDFJSDHFAK 'AKI' KANA, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS EARLIER?! THEY EVEN HAD A DEDICATED SCENE WITH HER SAYING 'AKI' KANA IN THE LEMU MACHINE IN 2034, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, THEN THAT MEANS THIS YOU AND THAT YOU....!!!!
  • TSUGUMI IS SARA AND KID(HOKUTO)'S MOM, AND TAKESHI THE DAD?!?!?!?!  OHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOODDDDD I LOVE CHARACTER RELATION REVELATIONS!@#
  • THE YEAR IS 2034? WE'RE DEALING WITH PAST AND PRESENT, NOT MULTI-VERSE?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#
  • 2034 TAKESHI IS 2017 KID?!?@ YO FK YOU BSOD SANDWICHER, HOW DARE YOU IMPERSONATE MY FAVORITE PROTAG TAKESHI
  • REAL TAKESHI IS HAWT, though I wonder who the hell gave Hokuto dem blonde genes ...
  • BLICK WINKEL? WAIT, IS THAT ME, THE READER? YOU TELLIN' ME I GET TO BE INVOLVED(ACTUALLY, I'VE BEEN INVOLVED ALL THIS TIME)?!?!??!?!! WHOOOOOO, EVER 17, YOU HAD ME SOLD 5 BULLET POINTS AGO BUT GODDAMN LETS DO DIS!!@#@!#@!#!@ RESCUE MISSION FOR TAKESHI AND COCO, I DON'T CARE FOR ANY HOKUTO ASSPULL REVIVE OCEANBOTTOM DROWNED TAKESHI, THERE'S TOO MUCH HYPE GOGOG
  • The little paradox thrown in there where saving Takeshi+Coco in 2017 would result in POOF instead of waiting and replicating the LeMU trapped scenario for 2034 was also brilliant
  • In the end, Kid's pretty cool. Him and You 'Haru' did some MAJOR work behind the scenes to ensure
  • Sora got a bod now, I'd  tap that >.>
  • THE MONKEY SUIT THING WAS TSUGUMI AFTER ALL, BECAUSE OF CURE-VIRUS SUNLIGHT SENSITIVITY, GOD I LOVE HOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINED
  • And there's even a lengthy epilogue with each character getting their own perspective, really makes the closing feel complete instead of leaving you the dreaded "that's all?' feel that some stories like to do, and then they even gather the cast for one big farewell.... bravo.
  • PgVFOz6.png

....And so on and so forth, you get the idea, i'm mad overhyping this so 9.5/10, based on 6/10 routes, 7/10 characters, 4/10 music/art, and 100/10 trueroute. Yes, Ever17 is all about its true route, go make the grind sometime and read it, because its truly some bravo material by the end of it.

dhMeAzK.gif

Heh, I figured the barcode thing out :Teeku:

I remember the part that completely fooled me because I underestimated the VN was when they were accessing the computer or whatever and there was some inconsistency with the date. I don't remember what it was, but something implied that the year was 2034, and I was like wait, doesn't this take place in 2017? And then I wrote it off as my misremembering since both of the dates are 2000+17x >.>

8 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:
Spoiler

In the Fourth Door, accidentally finding hidden text in the backlog was insane.
Then, when I was almost done, two characters (who I assume to be Michel and Giselle) started to TALK TO EACH OTHER INSIDE THE BACKLOG. Fucking crazy. And then there's the red intermissions by Morgana.

What, what, WHAAAAAT?!
I only saw that the 

Spoiler

some portions of text in the backlog was 'XXXXXed', but never seen anything beyond that. D: OMG, that would have been awesome and chill on spine inducting, if I would saw this in the game. D; Any screenshots maybe?

10 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

What, what, WHAAAAAT?!
I only saw that the 

Reveal hidden contents

some portions of text in the backlog was 'XXXXXed', but never seen anything beyond that. D: OMG, that would have been awesome and chill on spine inducting, if I would saw this in the game. D; Any screenshots maybe?

Here are some screenshots that I found skimming over the steam hub.

1 minute ago, Vorathiel said:

What, what, WHAAAAAT?!
I only saw that the 

Hide contents

http://imgur.com/a/hQJS4

if this album isn't to your liking, tell me so I can post the crucial ones

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

Reread them, you'll understand why in the true route.

Godspeed Eclipsed, you beautiful bastard. Now go read Remember11.

Yeah, I thought so.

Oh well, I'm reading Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no right now, so I'll see if I'll read it or not after that.

Just finished Gahkthun and I liked it. A lot. It had a lot of the traits that I found to be charming about Sharnoth without most of the issues. The cast is really cool (and well designed!), the writing style and art are both treats, and it has an episodic structure that somehow never manages to become boring. The world is really interesting too. I could go on about everything I loved about it for much longer, but I sort of feel like I've rambled more than enough in this thread, lol. Boy, am I looking forward to Sona-nyl now. Also,

Spoiler

BzOv7BACQAA3eAI.jpg

You can have the rest, but this one is mine.

Next I'm moving on to Flowers, and then either Inganock or Kara no Shoujo. And as a side note, what are the odds of Gahkthun's fandisc getting localized, and does anyone know the reading difficulty in japanese? I'd love to read it sometime, and seeing as an english release isn't scheduled for anytime soon, at the very least, it might be worth trying to muscle through in japanese, depending on whether the length and difficulty is manageable...

4 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

So, having completed Fate/Stay and Ever17, the last oldie classic on my backlog is Muv Luv, but I'm more interested in going back to modern and taking on Flowers or Fata Morgana

And Fata seems to be the current trend in this thread.. so uh, hii :D

Spoiler

63015060.jpg

In all seriousness, it won't disappoint. Good choice~ I look forward to reading your reactions.

6 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

So, having completed Fate/Stay and Ever17, the last oldie classic on my backlog is Muv Luv, but I'm more interested in going back to modern and taking on Flowers or Fata Morgana

And Fata seems to be the current trend in this thread.. so uh, hii :D

1) Fata Morgana is fucking wonderful. you did well

2) update your sig