What are you playing?

Just finished reading Magical Eyes -Red is for anguish- , and here is a mini review.

Story-7.5/10-I really liked the story , but the reason that i am giving it a lower score that i thought i would , is because of that damn cliffhanger at the end of it :wafuu:

Art-6/10- its descent (i only really disliked the background of just one place , but the rest was ok)

OST-7/10- i liked it 

So this vn is a 6.8/10

Thank you for reading this. :sachi:

I tried reading muramasa, it's fucking nuts, I think for me it's harder than dies irae, they use vocabulary that I've never seen before but it's not impossible to read just tiresome also when they use the yellow text (at the end of the prologue) I cannot understand a shit, that font they use is a pain to read :( 
It's fucking epic but i wont read it right now, btw I knew I recognized the voice of Kurusuno Konatsu she is the same voice actress of himeko from narcissu :wafuu: 

4 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I tried reading muramasa, it's fucking nuts, I think for me it's harder than dies irae, they use vocabulary that I've never seen before but it's not impossible to read just tiresome also when they use the yellow text (at the end of the prologue) I cannot understand a shit, that font they use is a pain to read :( 
It's fucking epic but i wont read it right now, btw I knew I recognized the voice of Kurusuno Konatsu she is the same voice actress of himeko from narcissu :wafuu: 

Haha, I think I turned into a Buddhist monk in the process of reading Muramasa.

Progress? What progress? There is only the act of reading.

Well, today I finished ACE Academy, after they released Episode 4 a few days ago. My final feeling is that it deserves around a 7.5 but due to needed much more content really badly. For a game with a standard story, the character design, choices and interactions were so perfectly humane and smartly crafted that they leave in the dust 90% of the JP Slice of Life VNs I've ever seen, which in comparison feel quite silly and empty. The VA is also really great, and in English! As nice as it was surprising.

I have a couple other routes to do, which I'll probably enjoy close to as much (since I've done my favourite 2 heroines already). On that topic, this VN is the one that has made me love one of the archetypes I hate THE MOST IN THE WHOLE WORLD. The flirty and pervy girl. In VNs, she usually feels stupidly gratuitous, having an interest in the MC for a silly reason, cuz the script demands it through dumb reasoning, or with no reason at all. Her flirtyness tends to feel empty and just plain immature, too.
In ACE Academy, though, they introduce Valerie, which single-handedly destroys those crappy notions, and creates a believable reason for approaching the MC, an honest curiosity that later evolves into interest upon seeing mutual interests and very compatible personalities with the MC. Like most characters, she feels really human and real, which just added to how incredibly lovable she is.

Spoiler

bd897da6ee1cd61cdf7cd6711b5d13d4.png

Also, the little sister is cute as fruck.

Finished narcissu 0, around 6 hours long.
A bit weird specially because it was basically a pure love story which isnt a bad thing per se but it felt a bit weird in the narcissu universe, well since narcissu 3 most of them have love or romance going on...
what I didn't like is that the writer added some extra scenes to narcissu 1st...and they felt awkward there, not as the one in ame no marginal that one was ok because it felt part of the whole thing while these ones were just out of place. 
Also I think that the lack of character sprites doesn't feel right anymore, it doesn't feel or look minimalistic anymore rather that they were low on budge.

I do have to say that the voice acting was very good and the new themes were very fitting and very narcissu-like.

I don't think your tastes would be so bad, but adding that to putting those Bugles on your fingers while eating them and drinking something called "Desire Cider" just further lowers you. joking!

So about how many chapters are in a heroine's route of Princess Evangile anyway? 30? 35? I started simul-reading 3 of them for the heck of it, but now I just want finish them and install and play Senren Banka because of the mischievous ninja girl that reminds me of Levi Kazama from Trinity Seven.

Off to Killer Queen. I'm 2 hours into second route and it's painfull, painfull as hell itself. :D I love it. :D Probably under 3/10, but we'll see.
The biggest problem of this game is...too good premise and setting. If the setting would be less interesting, grade might be higher, because everything would be only 'meh'. But right now, great setting butchered horribly just screams for lower possible grades. :P

28 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Off to Killer Queen. I'm 2 hours into second route and it's painfull, painfull as hell itself. :D I love it. :D Probably under 3/10, but we'll see.

You're sure you're not a masochist? :o If so, just give me a note and I send you a list of the worst kusoges I've ever played. Grades between 0 and 1 guaranteed - you'll absolutely love them! :illya:

7 hours ago, MFrost said:

So about how many chapters are in a heroine's route of Princess Evangile anyway? 30? 35? I started simul-reading 3 of them for the heck of it, but now I just want finish them and install and play Senren Banka because of the mischievous ninja girl that reminds me of Levi Kazama from Trinity Seven.

Around 25 chapters, IIRC? If I could read Senren Banka, I would be doing just that, definitely not reading Princess Evangile.

going from the horrors of F:SN to kamidori is somewhat of a shocking change, I keep expecting everything to just go downhill and get dark and depressing but it's surprisingly not happening, this is exactly what I needed since I can actually sink my hours not only reading but also playing it, plus it has H scenes that are not horribly cringy <I'm still looking at you F:SN>

I'm very tempted to play sengoku rance or daibanchou after this, maybe after all this time I've gotten better at handling shit protagonists, he doesn't look so bad anymore <still looking at you F:SN and your lame  ass protagonist>

Finished Makoto's route in Sakuuta. That went on much longer than I expected, though tat's not necessarily a bad thing. Enjoyed the plot quite a bit; this route revealed much more backstory than I was expecting! The route itself was topped off with a really nice ED - reminded me just how much I like songs that are very close thematically to their related material.

Next up is spooky Rin, I suppose. :pyaa:

18 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

The biggest problem of this game is...too good premise and setting. If the setting would be less interesting, grade might be higher, because everything would be only 'meh'. But right now, great setting butchered horribly just screams for lower possible grades. :P

You're giving that VN too much credit. The setting is extremely cliched and does barely anything new, I wouldn't call that great.

20 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Killer Queen is utter fucking shite. There's nothing novel about the setting, and just wait until the second half of "let's just have pedophilia with five minute long killing game intermissions in between".

1 hour ago, Vokoca said:

You're giving that VN too much credit. The setting is extremely cliched and does barely anything new, I wouldn't call that great.

I didn't say great, but it was good. All those PDAs with different tasks, while being cliched, were nice. They could provie some interesting interactions between cast. But they were not used at all.

6 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Killer Queen is utter fucking shite. There's nothing novel about the setting, and just wait until the second half of "let's just have pedophilia with five minute long killing game intermissions in between".

Aaaaaaaagree. Second part was horrible in almost every aspect, but eventually much better paced than first route. I stormed though it, while I was dragging AF through first one.
And all that 'love at first sight'... ugh.
But I must say h scenes with that little kid was so baffling I constantly was doing breaks with my palms on my head and jaw on the floor. Weirdest shit ever.

Overall I gave it 4.5/10. Maybe to high, but it fits with other vns I've read, and their grades.