What are you playing?

Ahem, sorry'bout my last post. As I've edited in that post, I was having some kind of quoting bug.

I stopped euphoria for a bit to play some Chinese-patched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. As always, the Chinese idioms are a pain to comprehend. I also tried to search for a decent walkthrough in Chinese, but to no avail, as they were rather poorly written. The Japanese walkthrough isn't too bad, but adds the extra annoyance of having to Google translate what it's written.

Kinda accidentally discovered some rather shocking bad ends though while browsing through the Chinese walkthrough, yikes. I'm surprised the anime was able to severely tone down that kind of writing.

Anyway, I kinda realize at this point that the more exciting cruel twist that happened very early in the anime probably wouldn't be revealed as early in the visual novel, so I have some waiting to do. Oh well.

Back to euphoria. A small update.

So I come across yet another one of those obligatory scenes you would see in a romance VN - the girl wants to see the stars, or in this case, Kanae wants to watch a meteor shower. Little Busters had one, I think School Days had one. There are quite a number of VNs I've read that feature this. What's with girls and seeing stars? Kinda like a cartoon character getting hit on the head. :sacchan: Get it? 'Coz seeing stars... never mind.

I guess stars is this generation's ponies and cakes.

Replying Muv-Luv Alternative for the third time ... well, slowly for now. Awaiting the Schwa-whatever to get released. Also reading Muv-Luv Alternative: The Day After 01 (or something).

And ... that's it for now really. About to start school in a week and taking a heap of classes to get my degree and put school behind me once and for all.

So I'm continuing my adventures through Amagami and things are starting to get a bit spooky already. In her route, Kaoru is talking about how she doesn't want to let anyone else have the protagonist, and how he should only watch her alone... little does she know there's a spooky love triangle in the works:marie: 

The routes don't interact with each other just yet, but I'm afraid things will start going downhill very fast, soon. There's still one rank up left on the affection meter (which were the confessions iirc)... and there is that 'Rivalry' spot on the bottom I've never seen used before. I guess I will find out just what exactly it does whether I like it or not. :pyaa:

5 hours ago, SCG_1037 said:

Going to start reading VA-11 HALL-A , i have great expectations  for this one.

I was doing the same for a few days... well, two days.

Absolutely loved it: the soudtrack, Jill, characters, atmosphere, Jill, artstyle, and the slight intuitive twist it has for the forumla...Did I mention how I love Jill?

I finished the Good Ending, and it was pretty brilliantly executed. Now I'll make each and every single patron drunk out of their minds and asses, and of course do the individual endings. I'll post my full thoughts once I'm done with everything.

Onwards!

Finished Unlimited Blade Works.

It's a solid 9/10, pretty thrilling late game shenanigans and emotional character confrontations. This was the type of story I was expecting when I was going through Fate route but nope get Saberblocked by Shirou :sleep:

Tohsaka Rin is now the best tsuntsun of all time for me; Archer's (still) probably my favorite character from this VN, great revelations about him; and Lancer wins the "Fastest time to get my opinion on a male character to go from 'meh' to 'epic hard-on'" award.

Misc. SPOILS

Spoiler

I'm coining the term "Saberblock", bejeezus look at these stats:
39ncnR1.jpg (653×359)

tXmwErJ.jpg (657×361)

~~
:kosame:
B0qXXF1.jpg
THEM FEELS ;---;

Btw, about Archer: I usually like to boast when I figure things out, but nothing ever came to me until they explicitly say he's Shirou. Yes, I was that slow and dumb :makina: 

Well, not really, but when the two pendants thing was brought up I spent a good minute and a half with a big ol' question mark over my head but nothing clicked so I just moved on

Then when the cast was like "Archer... you're-!" all cliffhangery and he was like "It's you're fault I became a Guardian" to Shirou I actually thought he could be Kiritsugu ya know, created because Shirou idolized him so much  :makina::makina::makina:

But once I heard "Trace On" I commenced slapping myself silly.

~~
Wild Lancer appeared!

Shirou & Rin used Love Quarrel!
eFMjPTx.jpg (793×265)

0lDNyN6.jpg (796×253)
It was not very effective...

But yeah, this guy was like the foil to Shinji. Shinji exists as that pathetic annoying side ass character that you wish would just die already, and Lancer's the clutch badass side character you just want to cheer on to the very end. 

~~
Rin's good end was beautiful, no words need to be said.
meR6Qh9.jpg (791×587)

I have no idea what the hell Heaven's Feel will have in store, but I'm assuming Illya will have prominence in it? :illya:
BX0zKkW.jpg (781×443)

So i just finished reading  VA-11 HALL-A   , it was ok , i will write a quick summary about my opinion of the story , art ,ost , or eclipsed is going to annoy me to write it.:makina:

Story-7/10 - well then , the story really did not try to do something special, and i am only giving it a 7 instead of a 5.5 , because of some characters that i really like.

Art-6/10 - the art was better than you generic visual novel art , but it was still average.

ost-5/10 - well the ost was average ( a great word i find to describe this vn ) , and yeah there nothing else i can say about it.

so this vn its a 6/10 

ps: please do not lynch me for thinking this vn was just ok , i still enjoy it , and thank you for reading this.

Just now, Eclipsed said:

What didn't you like about it? Too perfect? 

Spoiler

A few things:

• I love bittersweet endings, and the True Ending delivered that in spades.
  • I saw the True Ending first, so it immediately became my head canon.
  • It basically turns what's supposed to be Rin's route into a weird Rin + Saber harem route. For any remotely serious story, harem route is a non-starter for me.

8 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:
  Hide contents

It basically turns what's supposed to be Rin's route into a weird Rin + Saber harem route. For any remotely serious story, harem route is a non-starter for me.

As a Saberfeg, it felt like a pathetic attempt to redeem the Fate route, a route that failed all so hard.

11 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:
  Hide contents

A few things:

• I love bittersweet endings, and the True Ending delivered that in spades.
  • I saw the True Ending first, so it immediately became my head canon.
  • It basically turns what's supposed to be Rin's route into a weird Rin + Saber harem route. For any remotely serious story, harem route is a non-starter for me.

Dis why we can't have nice things, darn grumpy grumps with their head cannons and anti-harems.

Rin's True End is definitely where the money's at. I'm fortunately(?) immune to 'this ending ruins everything this other ending stood for! Blasphemy!!!!!' ever since LB! Refrain :wafuu: so I could... appreciate the Good End

~~
I'm gonna be wasting time watching anime adaptation of Unlimited Blade Works (the prologue / Ep 1 was pretty good, getting to see Rin jump off the roof along with A vs. LCer) so it may be a couple days b4 I start Heaven's Feel.

2 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Dis why we can't have nice things, darn grumpy grumps with their head cannons and anti-harems.

Rin's True End is definitely where the money's at. I'm fortunately(?) immune to 'this ending ruins everything this other ending stood for! Blasphemy!!!!!' ever since LB! Refrain :wafuu: so I could... appreciate the Good End

~~
I'm gonna be wasting time watching anime adaptation of Unlimited Blade Works (the prologue / Ep 1 was pretty good, getting to see Rin jump off the roof along with A vs. LCer) so it may be a couple days b4 I start Heaven's Feel.

Spoiler

I can never truly accept UBW - Rin's my favorite - and maybe that's why. I can't shake the feeling Shirou will just continue to act like a stubborn asshat, and Rin will be stuck - unable to do anything but watch him slip into that hellish future. He should just be happy he has someone like Rin around that cares about him. Just let go of his survivors guilt, rather than wallow in it and use it as an excuse to throw himself into a fire. ><

I don't dislike his ideal - but he takes it way too far, at the expense of not only himself but others as well - and that pisses me off, lol~ :makina:  (I have very strong feelings about "one that is sacrificed/sacrifices themself" it grates on me. :P but I'll leave it at that or else I'll be here typing all night.

That, and really it felt like a Shirou x Archer route - instead of Shirou x Rin.

:sachi: On the positive side, I got some good laughs from lancer and bloodpumping scenes all throughout - that epic fight of Shirou facing off against Gil was amazing (basically anything about "mere mortals" fighting against those powerful beings). Also, that one rare sprite of Rin with a big happy smile on her face just before the hscene - one of the best smiles I've every seen in a VN, that one~ (also, I'm pretty sure it's the only time the game uses it)

Enjoy the UBW series - but don't watch Fate/Zero until you've finished Heavens Feel, otherwise some minor spoilers via foreshadowing.

On 24/7/2016 at 9:19 PM, Lucius said:

Ahem, sorry'bout my last post. As I've edited in that post, I was having some kind of quoting bug.

I stopped euphoria for a bit to play some Chinese-patched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. As always, the Chinese idioms are a pain to comprehend. I also tried to search for a decent walkthrough in Chinese, but to no avail, as they were rather poorly written. The Japanese walkthrough isn't too bad, but adds the extra annoyance of having to Google translate what it's written.

Kinda accidentally discovered some rather shocking bad ends though while browsing through the Chinese walkthrough, yikes. I'm surprised the anime was able to severely tone down that kind of writing.

Anyway, I kinda realize at this point that the more exciting cruel twist that happened very early in the anime probably wouldn't be revealed as early in the visual novel, so I have some waiting to do. Oh well.

The high school part in the beginning was made to troll the audience, it was marketed as such, pretty much like muv-luv extra.

1 minute ago, WinterfuryZX said:

The high school part in the beginning was made to troll the audience, it was marketed as such, pretty much like muv-luv extra.

Yeah, except I don't think muv-luv extra involves 

Spoiler

sexual slavery and making your girlfriend into a dog

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Enjoy the ufotable goodness~ And when you're done enjoy the best route and best girl. If you don't I might have to take some extreme measures. :holo:

Playing Yumina the Ethereal.

I am, quite surprisingly (or perhaps just the opposite) enjoying the combat a great deal. Reminds me to an extent of Phoenix Wright, I suppose... Haha. The style of humour is actually very compatible with me, so I can say I'm enjoying everything thus far. Furthermore, I should add that complicated as they may seem, I've mostly grasped the battle systems without any real messing up or struggle, so there's that, @Eclipsed.

8 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Playing Yumina the Ethereal.

I am, quite surprisingly (or perhaps just the opposite) enjoying the combat a great deal. Reminds me to an extent of Phoenix Wright, I suppose... Haha. The style of humour is actually very compatible with me, so I can say I'm enjoying everything thus far. Furthermore, I should add that complicated as they may seem, I've mostly grasped the battle systems without any real messing up or struggle, so there's that, @Eclipsed.

I actually had a lot of fun with that one - some story parts bugged me, but was def. a worthwhile timesink.

On ‎2016‎年‎7‎月‎26‎日 at 2:35 AM, Lucius said:

Yeah, except I don't think muv-luv extra involves 

Hide contents

sexual slavery and making your girlfriend into a dog

Oh, you're playing that version.  No idea why that was added to the game.

Of course, the original release still had the hospital and restaurant girls with routes, and all of those are just bad.  Mitsuki, Haruka, Akane routes only.  The rest of the game is terrible.

Last night I continued my School Days HQ play through after one year and one month of stalling. I have to say now that my emotional attachment has reset the shit that is going on feels so pointless. Both the writing and character development seem rather poor, or maybe it's better to say the characters motivation? Either way something is whack.

In the middle of Sekai's route (or maybe beginning, Chapter 5 "Transfer" just started) and all of a sudden Setsuna is fucking Makoto and everyone acts pretty fine with it. When I say "all of a sudden" I mean it. She comes over randomly takes off her clothes and he apparently bangs her. Then Sekai talks to him and he was like "Yeah I love you, but you're leaving me and I was lonely so oh well". Then she is like "I guess I forgive you if you love me, hey let's have sex before I go kay'?" "O-ok!" Says Makoto. What the fuck is going on 

:komari: 

Then there is Kotonoha but I don't care about her much anymore either, she is just another weak willed character on the cock train. 

--- 

Update: Ooooh? It seems like I jumped the gun, though I doubt it. In the scene where Makoto is about to screw Sekai after she forgives him, he doesn't do it. I jumped the gun since he was fingering her but he didn't do it. He said "No since we should just forget about each other, it will make things harder". Why the hell does he do semi-good things at times where it doesn't really matter? 

Fuck these characters are dumb.