What are you playing?

12 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Just started up Dangaronpa 2... Gotta say, very early impressions are not good at all - it's feeling veeeerrryyy forced. we'll see though, maybe I just find the sprites abit jarring, scine they are very clearly a blend of the previous cast, just ...different... in some ways.

Think my real beef is just how fast it hopped to the island - it feels like lazy writing, or perhaps it'll make sense later "shrug".

"... leave me alone." hoooh boy, I can tell this protag is gonna be a real winner. :makina:  complaints aside, should be a interesting read - I'm just being nitpicky, I'm interested to see if some of my early suspicions about the plot are groundless or not.

I had a similar first impression about the... exaggerated flamboyance of the new cast and setting. DR was always a bit wacky in its own right, but DR2 takes it to a whole 'nother level.

They eventually grew on me though, to the point I considered DR2 > DR1. We'll see how it goes for you though :sachi:

BTW, Who's best girl so far for ya? :wafuu: 

~~
Rin has the potential to be my most favorite VN tsun tsun of all time; if you think about it, she's a glorified Louise: is a mage, has a waaay better familiar, sassier, and is in an appropriate setting/environment for having such traits...

Too bad she doesn't have pink hair :illya:

I especially enjoyed her last minute pep talk in Fate's route (though, pls don't give me any more heart attacks ._.)

B4xV3qa.jpg (798×593)

Jesus, wtf is gonna happen to this guy if he sees her nekkid :wahaha:

Unlimited Blade Works is going well so far, just because Archer exists.

RE: Issei

Spoiler

In the middle of the "find the other Master at the school!" arc.

I seriously thought it was him (maybe it could still be?), especially considering how he basically goes MIA during Fate route which would eerily correspond with Caster offing her Master along with him being connected to plot-significant Ryuudou Temple 

So I was feeling all genius, but nope, no command spell(?), gg

I'm pointing my finger at the creepy looking Kuzuki-sensei then. This guy has warning flags all over him, Harry Potter Professor Snape style. We'll see.

Just finished  reading The house in fata morgana , it was pretty good , and since i am lazy and do not wont to write a proper review , i will just post a score that has almost no meaning by itself :makina:, anyway in my opinion  this vn a 9.5/10 , thank you for reading this.

14 minutes ago, SCG_1037 said:

Just finished  reading The house in fata morgana , it was pretty good , and since i am lazy and do not wont to write a proper review , i will just post a score that has almost no meaning by itself :makina:, anyway in my opinion  this vn a 9.5/10 , thank you for reading this.

"Pretty good" doesn't sound like 9.5 to me, you should create / link your VNDB, so I can see your other VN scores and make a judgement on how potent your scores are :P

Don't need to write a full on review, but can you list what you enjoyed from Fata Morgana? 

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

"Pretty good" doesn't sound like 9.5 to me, you should create / link your VNDB, so I can see your other VN scores and make a judgement on how potent your scores are :P

Don't need to write a full on review, but can you list what you enjoyed from Fata Morgana? 

Well then i really enjoyed the story , even some plot twist i could predict would happen , the write somehow was still able to surprise me , i love the art , it looked like a misture  of the italian renaissance art (http://italianrenaissanceresources.com/wp-content/themes/nga/images/home-unit-1.jpg) with your average anime style art , the ost was...,well it was so good that i cant even begin to describe so instead i just put some of my favorites ones here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOUQYNoOPI&index=10&list=PL1cFLEd7jERztNiN43JVOSP_kEzJaFlWn  ,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMCU3i6-1c&index=23&list=PL1cFLEd7jERztNiN43JVOSP_kEzJaFlWn   ,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phboVbQawV4&list=PL1cFLEd7jERztNiN43JVOSP_kEzJaFlWn&index=29 ) , well as you can see i almost liked everything there was to like , the only problem was that rarely i would find some grammar errors in the text , that was the only reason i did not give it a 10/10 

ps: i do not have a VNDB account , the reason is that  i never believe it would be most of use to me , since i would only have one to be able to know all the visual novels that i read , but since i write all the visual novels that i read in a notebook that i have , i never had that problem.

Thank you for reading this.

5 minutes ago, SCG_1037 said:

Well then i really enjoyed the story , even some plot twist i could predict would happen , the write somehow was still able to surprise me , i love the art , it looked like a misture  of the italian renaissance art (http://italianrenaissanceresources.com/wp-content/themes/nga/images/home-unit-1.jpg) with your average anime style art , the ost was...,well it was so good that i cant even begin to describe so instead i just put some of my favorites ones here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOUQYNoOPI&index=10&list=PL1cFLEd7jERztNiN43JVOSP_kEzJaFlWn  ,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMCU3i6-1c&index=23&list=PL1cFLEd7jERztNiN43JVOSP_kEzJaFlWn   ,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phboVbQawV4&list=PL1cFLEd7jERztNiN43JVOSP_kEzJaFlWn&index=29 ) , well as you can see i almost liked everything there was to like , the only problem was that rarely i would find some grammar errors in the text , that was the only reason i did not give it a 10/10 

ps: i do not have a VNDB account , the reason is that  i never believe it would be most of use to me , since i would only have one to be able to know all the visual novels that i read , but since i write all the visual novels that i read in a notebook that i have , i never had that problem.

Thank you for reading this.

Thanks for your thoughts ^_^ 

~~
ps: Well I can't see your notebook, so go make a VNDB so I can see what you've read :pyaa:

8 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

BTW, Who's best girl so far for ya? :wafuu: 

~~
Rin has the potential to be my most favorite VN tsun tsun of all time; if you think about it, she's a glorified Louise: is a mage, has a waaay better familiar, sassier, and is in an appropriate setting/environment for having such traits...

It's a toss up between Chisaki (Gamer) and Sonia (Princess). Haven't gotten much further , due to rl being annoying.

~~

Rin is the best tsun tsun of all time. :heart::miyako:

Going to start up euphoria and hit Nemu's route for a little while before I go to bed (at 7:38 am in the morning). Probably gonna be as lengthy as Rinne's route.

Edit:
Oh, I'm really digging the instrumental version of the theme song at the title screen. :holo:

2 hours ago, onorub said:

Finished Al Azif's route from Deus Machina Demonbane. Fun in a B-movie way, but could not see it working as a anime adaptation.

That is a fantastic way of putting it. Demonbane is cheesy and ridiculous, but definitely fun. Oddly, I don't really enjoy B movies, but I did enjoy this game (well, particularly just Al's true ending; the other ones didn't really do much for me).

Unlimited Blade Works is great, just passed Illya's farewell. 

For one there's no focus on Shirou x Saber so we're spared from Shirou spouting out his infuriating BS philosophies at Saber, I don't think he annoyed me at all so far this route, +1

Rin's still as awesome as always, Archer actually gets to have an impact on the story (and piss me off in a good way(?)), the conflicts and confrontations are more complex and entertaining rather than just consisting of Saber 1v1ing everyone ggez call it a day (i.e. fk everybody, especially Archer, Shirou x Rin dream team vs. the whole world np, gogogo!), and I can't believe a character like Illya who creeped me out so much managed to make me tear up this time around ._.

Pacing's much better too. Fate route had to do ALOT of setting up, not to mention Shirou cockblocking Saber with his ridiculous reluctance to fight, and so there were many, many days wasted with Shirou just idling, training or getting magic lessons before anything interesting happened (then when it finally does, it's a very cliche 'must stop the evil big baddie!' - underwhelming and boring.)

That's kind of a weakness with plot heavy multi-route VNs: some characters who have prominent roles in one route will get glossed over in another route due to the 'it'll be redundant!!' syndrome. Makes individual routes feel incomplete, sometimes I would just prefer one grand route that jams everything in there, have Berserker and Caster and Rider all wreak havoc before throwing in the G man to really make things look hopeless :P

Favorite moment in this route so far:

ZIWM5BK.jpg (793×583)
Really captured the intensity of the moment for me, and for once I shall cheer on Shirou's reckless superhero-must-save-all-even-at-the-cost-of-my-own-life attitude ^_^ 

And it's #worth, especially for the scoldin' he gets after :wub:

Spoiler

VTsciYb.jpg (791×595)
:wub:

nM2pc9v.jpg (787×555)
D'aaaaaaaaaaaww :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

WHY COULDN'T YOU BE THIS ROMANTIC WITH SABER, YOU TWAT, I WOULD'VE ENJOYED FATE ROUTE ALOOOT MORE IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A 

I really like euphoria's interface system. It's probably one of the most user-friendly interfaces I've ever seen in VNs:

• The auto-mode doesn't skip over voices and yet doesn't lag behind when the voice acting is over (immediately moving onto the next line, unlike Umineko which has no pause between each voiced-line in auto-mode it becomes unnatural, or G-senjou no Maou when there's sometimes weird awkward pauses after a voiced line is finished).

• There's a warning that tells you that the next line is a voiced line so you wouldn't skip over any voiced lines you're currently listening to. For example, if I am currently listening to a voiced line and I hit 'Enter' without knowing it's finished playing or not (since some voice-acting has awkward pauses before a voiced line is finished), and the next line contains voice acting, it will replace the one I'm currently listening to, so this feature helps to prevent that.

• Best of all, and definitely a must-have for all eroges, hitting 'Esc' minimizes the game and turns off all sounds of the game you might be embarrassed about. lol No more fear for barging relatives who look at you with a disappointed face... :holo:

I wish most visual novels contain an interface like this. A lot of them have problems with the playing of the voices, resulting in pauses or skips in-between.

It's interesting how controversial eroges have better game-designs than non-eroges (as far as the English-translated ones go anyway). For example, School Days, which contains a massive amount of branches and animated dialogue scenes, something you don't usually see in VNs (aside from the Oscar-winning exception of Key games with their massive branches, particularly Clannad). Then again, I heard that most h-game designers were forced to make them out of a need for money, so they might have seized the opportunity to place their focus on creating better game-design since they have no interest in the sex stuff they're forced to create.

1 minute ago, Lucius said:

I really like euphoria's interface system. It's probably one of the most user-friendly interfaces I've ever seen in VNs:

• Best of all, and definitely a must-have for all eroges, hitting 'Esc' minimizes the game and turns off all sounds of the game you might be embarrassed about. lol No more fear for barging relatives who look at you with a disappointed face... :holo:

Quite a few games do that better, they pause everything the moment they lose focus. Maijkoi is a great example.

Just now, havoc said:

Quite a few games do that better, they pause everything the moment they lose focus. Maijkoi is a great example.

What do you mean 'lose focus'? And I don't remember Majikoi having that. I had to manually minimize the game myself while hitting the mute button on my keyboard.

16 minutes ago, Lucius said:

What do you mean 'lose focus'? And I don't remember Majikoi having that. I had to manually minimize the game myself while hitting the mute button on my keyboard.

the moment you click on another window.

Example i have maijkoi and a web browser open at the same time.
I am currently playing/reading maijkoi and suddenly i get the urge to look something up on the internet.
So i click on the browser, the moment i do this the game loses focus (get hidden behind the web browser) and at that point it pauses and stops playing all sounds.

Now i dont remember wenether this was the default behavior or you needed to set it in the advanced settings.
Looked it up, the relevant settings are under the visuals tab.

4 minutes ago, havoc said:

the moment you click on another window.

Example i have maijkoi and a web browser open at the same time.
I am currently playing/reading maijkoi and suddenly i get the urge to look something up on the internet.
So i click on the browser, the moment i do this the game loses focus (get hidden behind the web browser) and at that point it pauses and stops playing all sounds.

That's helpful and all... unless you're playing it in fullscreen, which euphoria's feature greatly excels at. Even at fullscreen, one key solves it all.

3 minutes ago, Lucius said:

That's helpful and all... unless you're playing it in fullscreen, which euphoria's feature greatly excels at. Even at fullscreen, one key solves it all.

yeah that is true, i almost never play in full screen.
unless it is one where i can keep my start menu at the bottom so i can switch tabs and programs easily.
Main reason i don't do it has to do with the fact that most games dont support 1080p resolution and as such alter the display resolution when playing in full screen which makes changing programs a pain because windows has to resize the screen each and every time.
Sometimes i wish i had a second screen unfortunately i dont and dont really have the space for it either.

9 minutes ago, havoc said:

yeah that is true, i almost never play in full screen.
unless it is one where i can keep my start menu at the bottom so i can switch tabs and programs easily.
Main reason i don't do it has to do with the fact that most games dont support 1080p resolution and as such alter the display resolution when playing in full screen which makes changing programs a pain because windows has to resize the screen each and every time.

Yeah, I find that annoying too sometimes. euphoria does that too when you alt-tab, but thankfully returns the resolution to normal when you hit Esc. Also, it doesn't shrink down the windows into 480p and cramp them all to the upper-left corner of your desktop like some fullscreen VNs do for some reason.

That is to say, euphoria is not without its faults. The auto-mode skips over the non-voiced dialogues too fast sometimes. This is another problem I face a lot in visual novels, because you could either increase the speed fast enough so that the voiced lines don't have awkward pauses in between, or slow it down enough so that you could read. Can't have both, it seems.

made a massive mistake by having started reading "soramimi×diamond" on some ill-willed recommendation, when originally only in need of something more light/amusing.
feeling physically bad now. mentally hurt. soul of mine starts falling apart.
in a way it´s almost comparable to madoka´s overall take on the world, paired with the grotesque, merciless and evil, all whilst staying hidden under a childishly innocent appearance.
https://freegame-mugen.jp/adventure/game_4181.html

Spoiler

CoJdeyeWcAAOJPm.jpg

CoJdfXrW8AAjijq.jpg

CoJdgl8XgAIcFlG.jpg

Started Period. I'm after common route.
There is 8 heroines with their routes, common route in very fast reading took me 4 hours (only one variant of common route, depending on choices it will be around 5-6 hours), and vndb is providig that this title is 10-30.
Those routes will be (in average) max 3h long. This can't be any deep.
...but it doesn't need to be. This game is SO RIDICULOUSLY CUTE, (without being moe at all!), like nothing I ever encountered. Sooo smiliebringing atmosphere, nice cast, great art and technical aspects, and not insulting "story". Peacefull, nice, warm title. :))))

Aoi, tomboy character is going into my 'waifu pantheon'. :D No-nonense, active, no embarassment (DO NOT ruin it, h scenes, please!), funny girl, with great chemistry betwen her and protag. :D So much fun to read their scenes together. :D

(of course, as alawys, there is one annoying character, tsun'ish, strict'ish, obnoxious and positioning everybody, childhood friend of protag. And she's "true" route of this game. D; Such a shame.)

4 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Sorry, ignore this. I'm having a bug where I couldn't write anything else in my reply without quoting Kiriri for some reason...

Edited by Lucius
Quoting bug... Would appreciate it if a mod deletes this post.

so i've finished my first route in Hello lady! which is sorako's route,and to be completely frank i expected a bit more out of it.

the route could have been much more better if Narita had decided to go all the way with it,but in the end,he just didn't,which made it feel somewhat anticlimactic.

not to completely trample the route under foot,but it had loads of wasted potential,imo....such a shame. also,those hint corners are the best thing ever made.

Spoiler

oh sorako..you're too moe even when holding a shotgun against me <3

49ece10bc0.jpg

tamao is next,I suppose.