What are you playing?

I can probably squeeze in a few more short VNs; since I liked Nitro+'s Cyber Slayer I'm picking up their other shorties; Hanachirasu, Dra†KoI, Phenomeno....

Hm, Hanachirasu is also another anti-hero sword-wielding protag revenge story, so I'll probably read it last.

Eenie meenie minie moe!

Dra†KoI it is!

Speaking about Kikokugai here, I'd also played and finished it too. For the remake, I think my only complain would be of how the text was too small compared to quite big textbox there, otherwise no problem. For the story, I would like to said that's MC little sister Ruili here (Voiced by Yukari Tamura by the way) way to achieve her goal was way too roundabout so much that it was cause major problem. Well, then again it's quite entertaining there, so no problem (Probably). I think my favorite bad guy here would be Ng (3rd baddie), because of his easy going way and also he realize his weakness here. Although TV Trope said he was coward, but when we got badass MC and main villain here, you need to do everything to survive of course if you don't have any capability. Oh, and MC 'battle' (More like chasing Ng in the sky though) also quite interesting. I think that's all I could talk about the story here.

For the seiyuu, other than Yukari Tamura, we also got Hochu Otsuka who voiced Ng, Sho Hayami who voiced main villain Haoujun, Keiji Fujiwara, Kazuhiko Inoue who voiced our MC Taolu here, and also Iemasa Kyumi here who need some notes here because he was deceased back at 2014 (My condolence here, and his voice resembled Father back in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood). Overall, the seiyuu did a good job here I think. The opening was also quite good here, and the OST did a job well done I think. Oh, and for last word, if you like voiced character for Kikokugai, play remake version although if some of you prefer the art from the original version like Vorathiel here, go ahead and play the original (Although it didn't had voice though). Just choose which version which fit you best if you ask my opinion, although once again I prefer remake though.

PS - I played and finished it last year, but I just had the chance to write about this right now though.

So i finally completed my first route of Tokyo Babel, Raziel's route of course!! and man...

did it end heavy. It wasn't beyond my expectation but none the less, I wish she got a much much happier ending than that. Putting my bias for happily ever after [together] endings, the ending was good. I'm not going to hate on it, i did think that it 'fit' her route's story in a sense. I shall venture forth to the other routes hoping that the conclusions would be of a much happier tone. 

That aside, I did thoroughly enjoy the read. It's most definitely already the best Vn I've read this year. 

I have some questions about Sorami's and Raziel's routes:

1. Sorami has a normal and true ending, do they defer greatly in content and length? 
  2. Lilith's route has a True end and Setsuna end, does the Setsuna end fall under Lilith's route or is it his very on path.
  3. Also which is deemed the end of the story, Lilith's true end or Sesuna's end?. 

Please NO SPOILERS, I've only read Raziel's route True end, that's it. I'm just curious has how the other do routes are and my questions will allow me to arrange how i'll choose to read them. Thanks in advance for the advice ppl!

2 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

So i finally completed my first route of Tokyo Babel, Raziel's route of course!! and man...

Reveal hidden contents

did it end heavy. It wasn't beyond my expectation but none the less, I wish she got a much much happier ending than that. Putting my bias for happily ever after [together] endings, the ending was good. I'm not going to hate on it, i did think that it 'fit' her route's story in a sense. I shall venture forth to the other routes hoping that the conclusions would be of a much happier tone. 

That aside, I did thoroughly enjoy the read. It's most definitely already the best Vn I've read this year. 

I have some questions about Sorami's and Raziel's routes:

1. Sorami has a normal and true ending, do they defer greatly in content and length? 
  2. Lilith's route has a True end and Setsuna end, does the Setsuna end fall under Lilith's route or is it his very on path.
  3. Also which is deemed the end of the story, Lilith's true end or Sesuna's end?. 

Please NO SPOILERS, I've only read Raziel's route True end, that's it. I'm just curious has how the other do routes are and my questions will allow me to arrange how i'll choose to read them. Thanks in advance for the advice ppl!

1, Yes - though the change is near the end. (instead of something early-on and noticeable)

2. Falls under Lilith's route.

3. Possibly subjective, but I think most would agree Lillith's true end is considered the end of the story.

1 minute ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

1, Yes - though the change is near the end.

2. Falls under Lilith's route.

3. Possibly subjective, but I think most would agree Lillith's true end is considered the end of the story.

Thanks for the answers man!

So i'm guessing that Lilith's true route also has a 'better' end? so would it be best for me to finish setsuna's end then go for lilith's?

Once again thanks, halted my progress so i could get some clarity first.

Just now, DharmaFreedom said:

Thanks for the answers man!

So i'm guessing that Lilith's true route also has a 'better' end? so would it be best for me to finish setsuna's end then go for lilith's?

Once again thanks, halted my progress so i could get some clarity first.

No worries :sachi:

Don't think you can actually do Setsuna's end until afterwards. It's more of an 'alternate ending" - or that's the vibe I got from it. Simply a different path for those that might appreciate it.

On 7/12/2016 at 7:16 AM, Eclipsed said:

RE: classic vs. remake
Remake has modernized aka moeified artwork, an aesthetic that diehard traditionalists like Vorathiel will obviously despise in their neverending pursuit for elitist qualityisms. I on the otherhand obviously glorify it.

0e28ke0.png (890×396)

:<<<< I'm not elitist. I'm just a moe-hater. :P Also - you here provided a great example of why moe is bad. Here on left we have a grown up woman, on right, we have a child. ;) Also just look at how less detailed is new one. No ornaments on her clothes, blurred background, no earings, nothing original, just generic moe face.
But I woudn't be hating on new art, which is not 'that bad' if I woudn't fell in love in probably first sprite in this game. She:

3Nhb03H.png

is just beautiful. ;_;

16 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished Cyber Slayer

It's a great short VN ^_^

Battle scenes were aight, the first two baddies were typical fodder, but it gets a bit more thrilling and high-stakes for the last of them, naturally.

I really enjoyed the moral implications of what really makes someone "human" in this world full of cybernetic enhancements and how it was applied to Taolou and his beloved Riuli.

The best parts of the VN for me as a character-centric pleb were the downtime in between fights. That's when you really get to feel for Taolou as he realizes his time is limited and his body starts to fail from all of the fighting, but he continues pushing himself regardless in a typical "I can only die once I fulfill my goal" fashion, only keeping himself sane and finding solace in watching his cute lil' gynoid develop. :P 
8/10, read it!

At least we can agree about what you just said here. It really was entertaining on many levels (fights the least, but still fun part) and overally a nice, short, but great experience. ;)

I did some CG comparissions here:

New one lacks that 'heavy and sharp' lights, that made like 15% of atmosphere in here for me.

Just finished Mahoutsukai no Yoru. As someone who prefers Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai over Fate when it comes to Nasu's portfolio, I've enjoyed the read a lot. Most of the VN deals with slice of life, exploring the rather unusual and entertaining set of main characters. This is very much Nasu, so the interactions are pretty vague for the most part, and none of the characters (and their motivations) are really that straightforward; some might find this confusing and annoying, but I think it has its own charm to it. The lore and magic related stuff is the same way - but you won't even have any time to be dismayed with the lack of clarity when the battle scenes happen. There are very few of them in the entire VN, but when they actually happen.... damn, are they something. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that these fight scenes were the coolest damn thing I've ever seen. The presentation is absolutely ridiculous; it really puts the "visual" into visual novel, to such a point that Mahoyo doesn't even need an anime adaptation anymore. I was sitting at the edge of my seat from the sheer hype alone, and that is something that doesn't happen that often - let alone in every single battle. The OST is also one of the best ones out there.... that is, the songs composed by Fukasawa, the guy who amongst other things made the OST for the recent UBW adaptation by ufotable. Unfortunately, the rest of the composers working on the OST.... don't sound that good, and they sound about ten times worse put next to Fukasawa's work.

Overall, I'd give it a 9.5/10. It's a must read for any chuuni fan - unless you have a crippling hate for slice of life. :pyaa:

白詰草話 (Shirotsume Souwa)

I'm loving it :DDDD

It's like Gunslinger Girl but in a (very detailed) VN format and with a more mellow atmosphere.

Spoiler

oqdGr75.png

BWEATNG.png

Nv7qAeF.png

If you didn't see the horribly compressed OP, you'd never think the game was released in 2002. The artist is godly for drawing so much...the whole game is animated in a 'manga'-esque fashion, same as Quartett.

29 minutes ago, Decay said:

I know Owari's art will always have its haters, but man, I think that looks great.

Not necessarily a fan of the content though, lol.

I really like soft styles like that, and she's does the expressions well and also makes the non-cute characters look decent and in-style as well, which is rare for artists with peculiar styles.

Well hahahaha. Shhhh. Let's say I appreciate the whole package.

On 7/17/2016 at 4:39 PM, Jun Inoue said:

Started Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning. Still dunno what to make of it. I'm waiting for the story to actually start and for some plot to show up since, as of now, the game has only consisted of stuck-up, glorified empty philosophising.

Glad to see me and @Dergonu were not crazy after all for droppiing Gahkthun due to the same first impression reasoning :makina: 

2 hours ago, Ariurotl said:

Princess Evangile. When it was first announced, I didn't think much of it. Then a bunch of people started saying how it was better than it would appear at a glance. So far... it's not. It's really doing my head in.

It gets better, dw, keep reading :holo: 

3 hours ago, Ariurotl said:

Princess Evangile. When it was first announced, I didn't think much of it. Then a bunch of people started saying how it was better than it would appear at a glance. So far... it's not. It's really doing my head in.

I got dragged into it back when half of Fuwa was reading it and the boards were alive with the sound of PE chatter. B++++, might've actually been more entertaining if the package contained a bobcat. Will not play again.

PE will always have a special place in my heart, because it was the last full length charamoege I've read before going on a 1.5 year charamoege hiatus <_<. KO's trying to rectify that, though because I'm old now I can only read a couple hours at a time before getting a huge urge to go do something else

Meanwhile, I've finally knocked out most of the hype stuff that came out this Summer, so unless S;G 0 releases all of a sudden, I'm gonna try to finally make some progress in Fate/Stay. I think I've declared this... at least 93785 times already :holo: 

~~
e1: good news, I've settled down already :makina:. Done with the prologue of Fate route.

Rin's a delightful tsun-tsun with some great banter with Archer ^_^. Looking forward to seeing the protag+Saber and the rest of the cast.
The whole Battle for the Holy Grail synopsis always sounded lame when I read it on VNDB, but I'm already interested to see how this will all turn out.

I'm in the middle of Phenomeno and wow, I can't believe it took me so long to get to this, especially with my love of horror. The art is gorgeous, and I feel like the atmosphere is so thick that I could cut it with a rusty spoon were I to try. It feels more like "traditional horror", but so far it's been executed really well, and it definitely gets my blood pumping in a way that's never really happened to me with a visual novel.

Screw all this Master / Servant / Holy Grail magic shit, I'm gonna go back to my peaceful normal life! 

RIP :illya:

1st bad ending in Fate/Stay, the first of many to come apparently. 

Would you guys recommend going through the Tiger Dojo segments? There's a weird disclaimer warning you of it ruining character images and whatnot

13 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Screw all this Master / Servant / Holy Grail magic shit, I'm gonna go back to my peaceful normal life! 

RIP :illya:

1st bad ending in Fate/Stay, the first of many to come apparently. 

Would you guys recommend going through the Tiger Dojo segments? There's a weird disclaimer warning you of it ruining character images and whatnot

Well , some characters may  act ridiculously in some of the tiger dojos segments , but i still say to go for it , there are really funny , in my opinion.