What are you playing?

WAIT WHAT, GRISAIA NO MEIKYUU WAS TRANSLATED??? WTF, WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME oh my god oh my god OH MY GOD

tumblr_m2nd87nEW51r6o3e6.gif

is there anywhere I can track the status of the 18+ version? Grisaia was I think my second vn and one of the big reasons I am reading vns (hipster here, read it before it got on steam... I think) and I read the 18+ version so I would like to continue like that

29 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

WAIT WHAT, GRISAIA NO MEIKYUU WAS TRANSLATED??? WTF, WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME oh my god oh my god OH MY GOD

tumblr_m2nd87nEW51r6o3e6.gif

is there anywhere I can track the status of the 18+ version? Grisaia was I think my second vn and one of the big reasons I am reading vns (hipster here, read it before it got on steam... I think) and I read the 18+ version so I would like to continue like that

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but you might actually want to wait before Rakuen is translated as well before you read the grand route. The grand route continues the main plot in the series - but it also has probably the worst cliffhanger in existence. It's just setup with no payoff; unless you have some amazing patience, I would recommend waiting for Rakuen too to save yourself from the suffering. :amane:

That said Meikyuu also has afterstories for every single route in Kajitsu, and these at least don't attempt to murder you with an unfinished story.

Just finished Majikoi S [held on to koyuki's route for A-1's release]. It was an enjoyable read.

I got A-1, Tokyo Babel, Seinarukana, Root Double and Dracu-Riot waiting, among a list of others:sachi:.  I love Majikoi so i sort of want to hold on to A-1 longer and just savor the fact that its there waiting for me to read. Had a taste of Mio's route with Dracu-Riot, but figured i better just wait a couple of months for the edit and Miu translation. The teams going to the trouble to do it for us and all. Ready to devour both those Vn's though:illya:.

No idea which to pick next...:michiru:

17 hours ago, Vokoca said:

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but you might actually want to wait before Rakuen is translated as well before you read the grand route. The grand route continues the main plot in the series - but it also has probably the worst cliffhanger in existence. It's just setup with no payoff; unless you have some amazing patience, I would recommend waiting for Rakuen too to save yourself from the suffering. :amane:

That said Meikyuu also has afterstories for every single route in Kajitsu, and these at least don't attempt to murder you with an unfinished story.

Yeah, I've made the painful decision to wait for +18 Rakuen to come out before getting into it - the idea of a cliffhanger is not appealing~

19 hours ago, onorub said:

Doing Rio's route in Dracu-Riot and i think i'm getting too old. I got so bored during the misunderstanding scenes between her and the MC that i started playing this song over them:

Reveal hidden contents

I finished her route already, accidentally deleted the game, need to get it back to continue Azusa's route, if possible I would like to hack it as well since someone's already translating it, btw Rio and Yuto look good together

Spoiler

Dracu-riot%21.full.1051597.jpg

Tokyo Babel, finished Sorami's route. I am pretty impressed by this VN so far, it's much better than I expected. Raziel's route in the end drags a bit too slow because there are a bit too many fight scenes, and actual plot isn't very interesting, but Sorami's route changed the balance.

Pros: great idea, great story, nice interesting characters, good fight scenes.

Cons: very little actual character development. Also, I would prefer the plot to be a bit less adolescent (though it's probably just nitpicking).

Now, need to finish Lilith's route and start second Grisaia... probably, in another two months. RL has been taking quite a lot of time recently.

19 minutes ago, Vokoca said:

Picked up Zero Time Dilemma yesterday, if that even still counts as a VN at this point. Got an ending in the first 5 minutes of playing, 10/10 playtime truly worth the money.

No but really, it's pretty interesting so far. Here's hoping for Uchikoshi not falling back onto his usual plottwist.

No doubt he will, as he do not know any new tricks at all in 20 years. I spent about 15 hours on ZTD, and so far it is rough copy-paste/reuse of all VLR puzzles/story. Actually only good scenes were in C Team, other two had almost no interesting moments so far (I first completed all what was possible in Q and D, opened 2 endings). My only hope that final ending would be something, as so far it is just mediocre scenes, too much gore, bad character development.

I haven't been exactly at mu best in the past two days so I have yet to start the havens feel route but holy hell reading the preface of the walkthrough I'm like, is this a walkthrough for a vn or a grand strategy game :)) either way... my body is ready

this is probably the first time when I say this but I "enjoyed" the true end for the UBW route more than the good end

Spoiler

it just feels like a fitting end, I love saber I really do, but when I heard she has to stay in this world and feed of the magical energy they give her It just felt... off, If saber is to stay in this world I think she needs to become a full blooded human again(which I doubt will happen), also great fight between shiro and gilgamesh the cg where he is stabbed in the head is just about the most beautiful and satisfying thing I ever saw

side note: from what I read in the vn I think the holy grail is some sort of ancient mesopotamian evil (I hope they delve into this more in the haven's feel route) but i found it pretty funny that a the hero gilgamesh is trying so hard to use it :) also I hope I'll get more Illya in this route, I think she is just about the best part of this vn 

Finally finished Grisaia no rakuen's grand route a few days ago,and i can't emphasize how extremely exaggerated the story was towards the final parts of it i still enjoyed it pls don't judge. Now i understand why it's being described as a "Hollywood movie". O_o

I don't think the "prologue of grisaia" is worth my time,though,and i've already had enough of the VN for now,so i started majikoi A-5.

Heard great things about Margit's route in A-5. Hopefully it can deliver~

Spoiler

cute.

c2aa8a40c8.jpg

Still playing HoshiMemo, finished secret heroine's route finally.

Spoiler

Great route, I cried several times. This really is like the perfectly executed nakige IMO. I don't know if Mare's route can be better than this, I'm a huge sucker for the whole childhood promise thing and that's what made this route for me. The ending was pretty sweet, You-kun made an amulet out of Mare's meteorite, kind of like Taiga and Ren.

The part with Kasumi somehow sending him back in time to re-do everything was kind of bullshit, but I'm not going to hold that against the story because it's just too good in every other aspect.

Annoying how this route had so little CGs compared to others, they really skimped out on it.

After years of waiting, I have finally started reading CLANNAD. Time to see myself how uneventful and padded the majority of it is.

I'm also taking on the challenge of landing in a route of my choice without consulting a walkthrough. I've played a good number of 'old' Key games before. I've played One ~The Radiant Season~. I'm ready for the nonsensical and apparently meaningless choices that somehow land me in a random character's route.

Another important part is the OST. I've actually never heard CLANNAD's OST, so that will be interesting. Here's hoping this one's as comedic in nature as most other Key VN's. Since I've already watched the anime, here's, uh, hoping things don't get too sad.

On 6/28/2016 at 8:38 AM, bogdankl said:

this is probably the first time when I say this but I "enjoyed" the true end for the UBW route more than the good end

The "true" endings in F/SN were definitely more emotionally satisfying than the alternative endings, for me. As for the UBW "Good" Ending:

Spoiler

It just made me feel bad for Rin. It not only feels like a harem end, which I'm not a fan of in general), but one where one of the girls is decidedly less loved than the other. Which just kind of sucks.

Well, finished ZTD (yeah, I know it isn't really a VN anymore, but hey, it started as one...). I wasn't disappointed, though I wasn't super impressed either - which, in the end, is a good result I suppose. I had two main issues with VLR; the main plottwist being pretty much a carbon copy of Uchikoshi's previous works, and the characters being all just eccentric.... nothings. ZTD improves on the characters a lot, as I at least personally found them much more interesting than the previous cast - or their previous rendition; as for the plottwists.... well, they are similar, as you'd expect, but not to an insulting degree like VLR, at the very least. Uchikoshi at least tries to focus on new things while using all his old tricks, some of which in a pretty interesting way - my only complaint about the story being that the Zero gimmick/reveal was even more stupid and unbelievable than VLR's was. I love dumb plottwists, but there are just some things Uchikoshi tries to get away with and it doesn't really work. He was really pushing it in VLR already, but here it just feels downright unbelievable. Still, it wasn't really the crux of the entire story, so I could look past it at least.

Overall, I enjoyed it a bit more than VLR. For better or worse, it is just more Uchikoshi - but at least this time he knows his tricks are already known, and doesn't try to hide them all up until the true ending.

I am still reading CLANNAD.

Unfortunately, something rather annoying has occurred. I probably won't be able to read Kyou's route, ever. The whole premise and idea behind it pains me more to read through than I had anticipated, so I'll probably just skip through it.
Things like these make me feel handicapped when reading. :sleep:

Otherwise I maintain an overall average opinion of the VN thus far, liking some moments in the routes and loving the common route very much. Not quite romantic enough for me most of the time, I guess? I'm not even sure what it's missing myself.

9 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I am still reading CLANNAD.

Unfortunately, something rather annoying has occurred. I probably won't be able to read Kyou's route, ever. The whole premise and idea behind it pains me more to read through than I had anticipated, so I'll probably just skip through it.
Things like these make me feel handicapped when reading. :sleep:

Otherwise I maintain an overall average opinion of the VN thus far, liking some moments in the routes and loving the common route very much. Not quite romantic enough for me most of the time, I guess? I'm not even sure what it's missing myself.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to unlock After Story unless you play Kyou's route, and After Story is (at least for me) by far the best part of Clannad.

18 hours ago, LiquidShu said:

I have Aisha and Rinrin's endings in Koihime done. Starting my second play through now to knock out Shuri and what ever side girl I missed my first play through. The route I'm most looking forward to finishing is Sei's, she seems so bad ass and fun~ 

You'll need yet another playthrough, too, for the "true" ending! O:

I'll give you this, though, for your troubles.
card_0785_0.jpg

5 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

You'll need yet another playthrough, too, for the "true" ending! O:

I'll give you this, though, for your troubles.
card_0785_0.jpg

Geh... really? I suppose it isn't that bad, Koihime is rather fun. Sei's route is better than expected so far and I had high hopes for her :sachi:

Recently started Ozmafia!! and Oblivious Garden Carmina Burana.

Oblivious Garden is OK for now, the story doesn't seem anything special and I'm not really attached to any of the girls yet. It will probably take a while for me to get into the story, let see.

My real gripe with this game right now is how awkward the english translations are. They are almost Blood Code level bad. I hope it does not get worst or please help me I will not be able to finish it and that would be a waste. 

Ozmafia!! on the other hand is pretty good. The character designs are nice to look at and It's OP is catchy, I hope it doesn't disappoint.