What are you playing?

Well I planned on starting Hello Lady! this weekend, but after about 0.1 seconds in the game I realized I really had to go back to studying for my exam so ...

Based on the first like, 11 lines in the game it seems cool.... :miyako: 

I did end up playing some of the opening, though I did not get very far. Difficulty wise it is around what I expected. I need to read some of the lines twice to get the meaning, and I did have to look up a couple of words but it wasn't anything majorly difficult. I do like a challenge, and I would like to read something a bit less fluffy in Japanese at this point tbh. 

Sadly I just don't have any time for it right now, so I'll have to stall the game until my schedule clears up again. 

I guess I'll spend the tiny amount of VN time I have the coming weeks palying Tokyo Babel or something, as I can kind of afk read translated VNs. Think I started the Raziel route last time I left off, though I haven't played in a bit, so I don't really remember. 

@Eclipsed once my vacation starts the two of us have to start a race again, and I will win this time damnit! :conspiracy: 

I was actually about to start Izuna Zanshinken because I really want to read more akatsuki works stuff and especially the stuff from black works and Hino stuff like hello lady and ruitomo, but wanted to start with something not Hino.

The problem is that I removed Izuna by accident from my laptop and that kinda sucks since im at my parents house to prepare for exams.

Therefore, I decided to finally start natsu no owari, a vn that clephas recommended for people that didnt feel like they used their tear ducts enough and so far im pretty hooked, this is not easy to read though, mostly because of the way the protagonist speak, but its fun and the artstyle is somewhat unique while still not crossing the moe bounderies, but it still has some......issues

Spoiler

Jesus christ, these eyes is some real alien shit lol

c2ffd5514cfca038bd2263325d141948.png

Other than that, I finally got some loose ties completed, im done with kindred spirits, I love it even though it has the same problem that I have with most SoL, it simply gets too boring in the end, I still had a really good time, every relationship felt cute, not forced and well fleshed out.

Then I finished a doujin vn I have been reading which tries to give a tentacle monster feelings and a mind of its own, which fell flat on its face in the last chapters because it suddenly became a sister on sister incest fest instead, it felt like the author forgot what the premise he set at the start was lol.

Fata Morgana, Otoz, Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide, Mahou Shoujo (TL'ing is basically re-reading something very slowly and paying attention to every detail)

I think I'm the millionth person to say this but Fata's CG's amazing. It feels way better in-game where it is something, then in a vacumn.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

@Eclipsed once my vacation starts the two of us have to start a race again, and I will win this time damnit! :conspiracy: 

i already won the Best of Three via Lucy and Tokyo Babel, hah!

Best of Five it is. Sometime this summer, we gonna go vs. Fata Morgana and uhhh you can pick the second one

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

i already won the Best of Three via Lucy and Tokyo Babel, hah!

Best of Five it is. Sometime this summer, we gonna go vs. Fata Morgana and uhhh you can pick the second one

You are on sir! 

I'll find a good second game :makina: 

*queue evil laugh*

13 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

I'm pretty sure you mean 'cue'

Well, just do Kyonyuu Fantasy for my enjoyment :miyako:

No I literally want the evil laugh to wait in line. :miyako: ... 

It was on purpose. Baka. :yumiko: 

... Kind of. 

Not really. 

:komari: 

I'll find a good game for us later. No moonrune games right Eclipsed? 

5 hours ago, douggle said:

Finished Sekien no Inganock, and holy fucking shitballs, why didn't I read this sooner? Seriously the atmosphere, the music, the charcters the story I think I may have found my next 10 on my vndb no exaggeration 

I love hearing about when people realize how awesome Sakurai's Steampunk-series is. If those games really "click" with someone, they are literally the best shit ever. Hope you enjoy Sharnoth as well!

And keep hoping that Mangagamer decides to localize more of the series. I found Sona-Nyl even better than Inganock, so it would be shame if western fans won't get a chance to read it.

Alright, had like 20 minutes of reading time today, so did a little bit of the Raziel route in Tokyo Babel. Damn, I love this game. Sorami and Lillith together = so freaking funny. Tbh I could probably play a game with just those two having stupid conversations. :wahaha:

I haven't really gotten to any of the super badass action scenes yet, but hopefully those live up to my expectations. I want me some good chuuni.

(Anyways, back to the math we go .... :komari:Someone save me )

@Eclipsed for our second game in the challenge, how about Koiken Otome? I bet it will be done with QC/ TLC by the time my vacation starts and I have had my eye on that one for a while.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Alright, had like 20 minutes of reading time today, so did a little bit of the Raziel route in Tokyo Babel. Damn, I love this game. Sorami and Lillith together = so freaking funny. Tbh I could probably play a game with just those two having stupid conversations. :wahaha:

I haven't really gotten to any of the super badass action scenes yet, but hopefully those live up to my expectations. I want me some good chuuni.

(Anyways, back to the math we go .... :komari:Someone save me )

@Eclipsed for our second game in the challenge, how about Koiken Otome? I bet it will be done with QC/ TLC by the time my vacation starts and I have had my eye on that one for a while.

Inb4 its picked up by sp and made into a kickstarter 

What a glorious feeling.
To be, after few weeks of struggling and reading for 30 minutes every two days, finaly be able to sit down to a VN for few hours (7 today) and read something very good!
After Grisaia, Killer Queen and few smaller 'meh' titles I finally finished I/O. And what a glorious finale it was. Complicated, convoluted? Yes, but still very, very enjoyable. Nothing cringed me, nothing made me 'oh for fucks sake', nothing bored me, it was a perfect VN day. :D
And I must say that somehow after this I/O finale my hype for Root Double skyrocketed. :ph34r:

But for now - onto Cho Dengeki Stryker. :)

9 hours ago, Rooke said:

Unfortunately too busy to make any meaningful sort of dent in my backlog. And there were/are a few books I want to read first (I prioritise books over VNs.)

Read anything by Stephen R Donaldson? It's been years, but I remember really enjoying a series called "Mordants Need".

5 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Read anything by Stephen R Donaldson? It's been years, but I remember really enjoying a series called "Mordants Need".

I haven't read Mordants Need, but I did read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant when I was back in school. I vaguely remember it being really cool, but I judged things a lot more leniently back then. But you know ... lepers, how many leper heroes have their been? That alone made it fascinating at the time :) 

3 minutes ago, Rooke said:

I haven't read Mordants Need, but I did read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant when I was back in school. I vaguely remember it being really cool, but I judged things a lot more leniently back then. But you know ... lepers, how many leper heroes have their been? That alone made it fascinating at the time :) 

I was gonna ask about that at first, but refrained because...yeah, I was a teen back when I read it - uncertain what I would think of it, given a second chance to go through it. :sachi:

I can still appreciate "the land" being a symbolism of his own body and mind though, and hanging onto what matters - "The power that preserves" indeed. Basically a fancy self-help series, but it was still enjoyable to discover the potential of the human spirit when I was growing up.

Liked the army battles too, remember visualizing them to a far better extent then my mind can conjure nowadays, that's for sure. :P

Norn9 : finished Kakeru's route...

36243.jpg

Fairly good. First chapters weren't perfect but starting chapter 5 or 6, it became really interesting (and his chemistry with Koharu felt real).

...and Senri's route.

36244.jpg

As bland as his character design. Senri is almost unbearable and is an horrible stereotype of the antisocial and cynical brat. Similarly, the few good ideas/scenes of this route were clearly botched : his "links" with Kakeru or Akito, and above all, the last chapter (one or two important characters vanished, without an explanation).

Edit : The OST is beautiful...Nobuo Uematsu (amongst others ?) is alive...ALIVE !!!! :sacchan: