What are you playing?

17 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

@TastefulSardine Well, I think that's understandable if EvangileMC was so passive and not getting angry. From the name you'll understand. Masaya is probably Japanese pun from messiah. And from the review I think Evangile was quite accurate in writing Catholic setting.

"Probably" a pun?  They practically beat you over the head with the comparison.  At least three times in the story they say that he's "like Christ".  He also "turns the other cheek" several times when he's wronged by various characters and like was previously mentioned, he's incredibly passive even when people are openly hostile to him.  If that isn't Jesus in eroge protagonist form, I don't know what is.

To Zenophilous, what I want to said by 'probably' is maybe Moonstone intended to made pun from MC name. Although after reading Arcadeotic opinion it may 100% intentional after all. But I think it's also understandable though if Clephas give score 6.5 (Well, Clephas more like proactive MC while Evangile MC was passive, so there's a personal preference in play I guess).

Back to topic. As of now, I'm also try Seinarukana, and MC to be honest was quite dumb not noticing Nozomi's feeling (I'd even state that back in Seinarukana's thread about MC cluelesness). The gameplay, well, let's just said it was combination between Eien no Aselia (Level up Using mana) and Yumina (Had 2 types attack and defense (Physical and magic), and some defensive skill only handle one type of defense).

So, still playing kimisora, just finished the Sekka route. Dear lord, the feels. This is really great; haven't been this into a VN for a while. Sekka was the girl I had the least expectations for, but wow, her route was fantastic.

Ahhh, just look at this face :kosame:

Spoiler

PB0Rq64.png

Time to move over to the other routes.

Have my ticket for the feel train ready. Let's do this.

I should be reading Tokyo Bible, but I keep on booting up Code Realize whenever I feel like reading ._.

So far the only 'flaw' is that Cardia herself ain't voiced, cuz protagonist and  immersion I guess, so I've been imagining her voice being similar to Shikkoku no Sharnoth's Mary's inner monologuing voice. Sounds about right.

35 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Currently having fun with the Seven Kingdoms demo - https://sevenkingdomsgame.com/demo/

On my first play through I was poisoned with some horrible, incurable thing in my second week, then kicked out in my 3rd week ...

Looks like the otome version of Koihime Musou. If it also has the same H-content, the protagonist girl must be some real nympho... :o

Wagamama High Spec - Still very early on so don't really know what to think. I sort of just came off Yakimochi Stream, their last game, which I sort of liked. Comedy so far feels toned down in comparison. 
Also got a new tablet to replace broken one. VN consumption has gone up by lots!

All have joined. 

8JM4whY.png

8 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Looks like the otome version of Koihime Musou. If it also has the same H-content, the protagonist girl must be some real nympho... :o

Actually pretty far from it. It's a sim game where you try and navigate your way through political intrigue without ... er, failing. Some people compare it to 'Long Live the Queen'. 

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Actually pretty far from it. It's a sim game where you try and navigate your way through political intrigue without ... er, failing. Some people compare it to 'Long Live the Queen'. 

Never heard of it before, but I played a computer game with this title a looong time ago.

10 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Never heard of it before, but I played a computer game with this title a looong time ago.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251990/

It's flawed in that you have no indication what skills you'll need to fend off death, and so rather than strategy it could be argued that it's more about trial and error, but still a very fun sim where you'll die again and again and again :P 

6 minutes ago, Rooke said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251990/

It's flawed in that you have no indication what skills you'll need to fend off death, and so rather than strategy it could be argued that it's more about trial and error, but still a very fun sim where you'll die again and again and again :P 

I actually meant Seven Kingdoms. ;)

I do know "Long live the Queen" even if I didn't play it because Hanako, the creator of the game, was a regular in the MangaGamer forums. She isn't active on Fuwa though I think.

But I have some interest in the "The Royal Trap", the game she released after that for some time now. It's currently on sale so I might even pick it up and give it a try.

Finished Chapter 2 of Code Realize.

And so, the male harem is complete, we have the chivalrous thief Lupin, the upbeat engineer Impey, the softboy alchemist Frankenstein, the mysterious Saint-Germain, and whattaya know, the vampire slayer badass Van Helsing himself. What an eccentric cast :makina: 

I'm gonna hook Cardia up with Van Helsing, gg
36FyAjv.jpg (960×544)

Why the hell is Forest so good?!

It's literally literary crack for me, it's been a while since I've read something so thoroughly enjoyable. Forest makes me throw my arms up in amazement and wonder when more and more ridiculous things keeps happening, it makes me laugh with weird passages, it makes me remember all the stories I read when I was child and rethink them a little. I love how confusing it is, how erratic the structure is, and yet how cohesive it feels in all it's chaos.

I mean, there's a chapter titled "Midsummer Night's Pirates", where everyone suddenly starts talking in poems. What could be better than that?!

Sorry for not answering Funya, but two days ago I was reading Makina route in Grisaia
and it literally made me sick and depressed for good two days.
I hate this title. Loathe it. But I must finish it.

So. I came back after 10+ days of break. I was around the middle of this route. And I started reading and IT WAS GOOD. Surprisingly, because almost nothing in this VN is good.
But this was. You know, all that plot with branching family, Yuuji visiting Makinas' 

Spoiler

Mother

how she rolled him out of talk, great intelligence, great confrontation, and next scenes filed with emotions, when

Spoiler

bakery was burnt.

I was really sad, it hit me. It was heavy, it was emotional. And that's good. I even go to my spreadsheet to up vote Makina routes' 'up until know' grade. I gave it +0.3 (which resulted in 3.5/10 at that moment), which is a lot for just one scene.

But right behind the corner was a lobby scene, where Yumiko told Yuuji to 'go comfort Mischa'. I mean Makina. I immidiately had a flashback to that, worst ever, choice in Katawa Shoujo. I'm sure many of you remember. But I ignored that red light, because not now, how could this happen now, after that great seqnece, when Makina is totally depressed and lost.
But little do I know, Yuuji came to her room, saw this poor little child (I didn't help that in this scene literally one of every three sentences was mention of how Makina looks or bahaves like a child/kid/overgrown infant). Put a hand on her hands, and she grab his finger like, and I quote, "overgrown infant". It was cute. I love their chemistry as father and daughter. It's really nice to see that kind of relationship in VNs, probably the first time I see something like this. But right of the bat he "kissed her parted lips" and I started silently screaming at the screen. Everything what happens next was so painfull, so cancerous, so horrible that made me almost cry. And cut out from VN world for good 48 hours. Which didn't happened since october, since I started reading VNs regulary.
He basically fucked his own daughter after she said (while wobbling on her kid like legs) "fuck me daddy I'm not a child", and then exposing her non existing childbreasts. Makina is around 7-10 years old. I know it said, that she's 18 or something, but I believe in what I see, read and hear. I couldn't care less if she's 1000yo dragon, if she looks like a child and behave like a child she's a child. And it's not like I have something against lolis. If done well - go for it. Loli route in Majikoi S was glorious. But fucking his own daughter, because that's how they relationship was, is just wrong. And I mean WRONG.
So he told her to take off her clothes and spread her 'happy hole' and I quit at this moment.
Few hours later my friend send me a CG from that scene, where she, of course, pees herself while crying of embarassment, because that's hot as fuck, right? (It's not).
I probably never felt that bad after reading a VN. Well, maybe in Haruko Maniax, but still - not THAT bad. 

Grisaia surely knows how to ruin good things. One of the worst VN I have read (still 2 more routes to go), on the Sharin no Kuni level of cancer, stupid ideas and stupid characters, with unfocused, bland, and hilariously bad writting/direction. But this is a discussion for another thread.

4 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Grisaia surely knows how to ruin good things. One of the worst VN I have read (still 2 more routes to go), on the Sharin no Kuni level of cancer, stupid ideas and stupid characters, with unfocused, bland, and hilariously bad writting/direction. But this is a discussion for another thread.

You need to get shot. Though, I enjoyed reading your rant on YuujixMakina :makina:

4 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Sorry for not answering Funya, but two days ago I was reading Makina route in Grisaia
and it literally made me sick and depressed for good two days.
I hate this title. Loathe it. But I must finish it.

So. I came back after 10+ days of break. I was around the middle of this route. And I started reading and IT WAS GOOD. Surprisingly, because almost nothing in this VN is good.
But this was. You know, all that plot with branching family, Yuuji visiting Makinas' 

Reveal hidden contents

Mother

how she rolled him out of talk, great intelligence, great confrontation, and next scenes filed with emotions, when

Reveal hidden contents

bakery was burnt.

I was really sad, it hit me. It was heavy, it was emotional. And that's good. I even go to my spreadsheet to up vote Makina routes' 'up until know' grade. I gave it +0.3 (which resulted in 3.5/10 at that moment), which is a lot for just one scene.

But right behind the corner was a lobby scene, where Yumiko told Yuuji to 'go comfort Mischa'. I mean Makina. I immidiately had a flashback to that, worst ever, choice in Katawa Shoujo. I'm sure many of you remember. But I ignored that red light, because not now, how could this happen now, after that great seqnece, when Makina is totally depressed and lost.
But little do I know, Yuuji came to her room, saw this poor little child (I didn't help that in this scene literally one of every three sentences was mention of how Makina looks or bahaves like a child/kid/overgrown infant). Put a hand on her hands, and she grab his finger like, and I quote, "overgrown infant". It was cute. I love their chemistry as father and daughter. It's really nice to see that kind of relationship in VNs, probably the first time I see something like this. But right of the bat he "kissed her parted lips" and I started silently screaming at the screen. Everything what happens next was so painfull, so cancerous, so horrible that made me almost cry. And cut out from VN world for good 48 hours. Which didn't happened since october, since I started reading VNs regulary.
He basically fucked his own daughter after she said (while wobbling on her kid like legs) "fuck me daddy I'm not a child", and then exposing her non existing childbreasts. Makina is around 7-10 years old. I know it said, that she's 18 or something, but I believe in what I see, read and hear. I couldn't care less if she's 1000yo dragon, if she looks like a child and behave like a child she's a child. And it's not like I have something against lolis. If done well - go for it. Loli route in Majikoi S was glorious. But fucking his own daughter, because that's how they relationship was, is just wrong. And I mean WRONG.
So he told her to take off her clothes and spread her 'happy hole' and I quit at this moment.
Few hours later my friend send me a CG from that scene, where she, of course, pees herself while crying of embarassment, because that's hot as fuck, right? (It's not).
I probably never felt that bad after reading a VN. Well, maybe in Haruko Maniax, but still - not THAT bad. 

Pretty much that, about the YuujixMakina thingie. The route tries to have its cake and also eat it. Please, do not fake in with a "I'm gonna be the parental figure she needs", and suddenly go balls-deep into retarded pseudo-incest. But oh well. It's a main character in a VN, so she HAS TO be fucked.

Trying to have both things at the same time ruins shit, and so happened. If she wasn't a child both in and out, it wouldn't have been so retardedly very-much-Japanese.