What are you playing?

3 hours ago, moonstarfc said:

I finally got Togainu no Chi to work (after struggling with it for an entire afternoon) so I'm playing it now!

Oh really?

If you got it to work with Windows 10, then I'd like to know how, as one of my fellow Fuwan has the same problem and I promised to help her with that

On April 15, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Decay said:

"Only"? Erm, I want to make sure, did you read The First Tale first, containing the Miyako and Kei stories? If not, you really should do so first.

I thought that the beginning of Chihiro's route was a little less than half way through if you consider The First Tale and the Latter Tale as the whole.

9 hours ago, Arcadeotic said:

Oh really?

If you got it to work with Windows 10, then I'd like to know how, as one of my fellow Fuwan has the same problem and I promised to help her with that

I have Windows 8, but there might be similar issues between the two. 

When I originally downloaded the game using the Fuwanovel torrent, it didn't work for me at all. I ended up having to download Directx 9.0, download VirtualCloneDrive to mount the disc (Daemon Lite never worked for me...), then do the update 101, then download a new, updated version of the game (togainunochi.exe), then download a new updated version of the patch, then copy the new script, and still, most of the patch didn't work. BUT the script updated and worked. So now I can read it, but the script is the only thing in english, not any of the other stuff like the character names or configuration stuff or anything. I guess the script is what's important though. 

If this stuff sounds like it might work for you then I can show you links to where I downloaded all the updated stuff. Cause none of this is in the original Fuwanovel torrent. And I couldn't even get it installed in the first place from what was on the torrent. I don't recommend using the Fuwanovel torrent if you have Windows 8 or newer.

I tried Starless a few days back and well... I think I'll be avoiding nukige from now on. There are a few more VNs I want to try out. I've been trying to get Boku ga Watashi ni Natta Wke to work for like a day now but I'm totally stuck on how to extract the files and installation. -_-

36 minutes ago, moonstarfc said:

I have Windows 8, but there might be similar issues between the two. 

When I originally downloaded the game using the Fuwanovel torrent, it didn't work for me at all. I ended up having to download Directx 9.0, download VirtualCloneDrive to mount the disc (Daemon Lite never worked for me...), then do the update 101, then download a new, updated version of the game (togainunochi.exe), then download a new updated version of the patch, then copy the new script, and still, most of the patch didn't work. BUT the script updated and worked. So now I can read it, but the script is the only thing in english, not any of the other stuff like the character names or configuration stuff or anything. I guess the script is what's important though. 

If this stuff sounds like it might work for you then I can show you links to where I downloaded all the updated stuff. Cause none of this is in the original Fuwanovel torrent. And I couldn't even get it installed in the first place from what was on the torrent. I don't recommend using the Fuwanovel torrent if you have Windows 8 or newer.

Hmm... Interesting

I'll fiddle around with it a bit and look if I can help my friend in a pinch

Many thanks to you, appreciate it

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Hmm... Interesting

I'll fiddle around with it a bit and look if I can help my friend in a pinch

Many thanks to you, appreciate it

Cheers

You're welcome. 

The weird thing that happened for me is that when I originally downloaded the Fuwanovel torrent, I would try to mount the togainu.img file, but I would get an error message saying the image was corrupted. Even changing it to an .iso didn't work. So then I installed Virtual Clone Drive, which can mount .ccd files like the one in the torrent. Once I installed that, I right clicked the togainu.ccd file, and mounted it. That got everything working for me, and I was finally able to install the (virtual) disc. So if your friend can't even mount the disc, then I would start with that. 

If she's gotten that far, but then gets an "administrator" error message when trying to load the installer, even when she's logged in as administrator, then you have to go and download an updated version of the game (togainunochi.exe), which I found on the aarinfantasy forum:http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t188768-togainu-no-chi-administrator.html

Just now, moonstarfc said:

You're welcome. 

The weird thing that happened for me is that when I originally downloaded the Fuwanovel torrent, I would try to mount the togainu.img file, but I would get an error message saying the image was corrupted. Even changing it to an .iso didn't work. So then I installed Virtual Clone Drive, which can mount .ccd files like the one in the torrent. Once I installed that, I right clicked the togainu.ccd file, and mounted it. That got everything working for me, and I was finally able to install the (virtual) disc. So if your friend can't even mount the disc, then I would start with that. 

If she's gotten that far, but then gets an "administrator" error message when trying to load the installer, even when she's logged in as administrator, then you have to go and download an updated version of the game (togainunochi.exe), which I found on the aarinfantasy forum:http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t188768-togainu-no-chi-administrator.html

I see

Thanks for the heads-up

45 minutes ago, Psykofreac said:

I tried Starless a few days back and well... I think I'll be avoiding nukige from now on. There are a few more VNs I want to try out. I've been trying to get Boku ga Watashi ni Natta Wke to work for like a day now but I'm totally stuck on how to extract the files and installation. -_-

Using Starless as an example for nukige is like using jalapeños as an example for food seasoning. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the extreme. 

:vinty:

'Updating' on what I'm currently playing...I've gone a little coo-coo and started several new VN's without finishing the one's I've already started. :wafuu:

Now I have so many-- I'm a little overwhelmed: :komari:

(In no particular order)

• Deardrops
  • Eroge! ~H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai~
  • euphoria
  • Grisaia no Kajitsu
  • Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort
  • Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
  • Neko Para Vol.2 ~Shimai Neko no Shukure~
  • Ourai no Gahkthun ~What a Shining Braves~
  • Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

I am enjoying reading them all, though. :miyako:

It's just now becoming a little difficult what to pick to continue next during each of my reading sessions. ^_^

Just finished I/O...What a fantastic experience :sacchan: I loved almost everything (atypical art, solid cyberpunk/S-F Setting, awesome OST, great cast of characters, mindblowing narration...). 9/10. Too bad the true endings (B', A' and E') were disappointing (Having said that, B' was pretty cool but not as "striking" as D', for example)...Thanks Leminisca !

Edited by Canicheslayer