What are you playing?

My last post with excel sheet contain my Majikoi grades was fairly popular, so I will post same thing for Majikoi S, which I finished today. :P What a strange VN it was.
All plot heavy routes like Tsubames' and Yukis' were really great, especially Tsubame. Yuki was slightly over the top, even for Majikoi.
Also - character driven routes like Monochiros', or MyiakoAfter were top tier as well. The rest of this VN... oh well.

Spoiler

9lFRWiM.png

Final grade - 7.3

And Majikoi one, just for comparissions:

Spoiler

RauVoBa.png

On 3/17/2016 at 9:04 PM, Leaf said:

Well so far so good on Steins;Gate the MC is funny enough and the way it's going has immense build up, I get the story is about time travel, but I didn't understand most of anything in Makise Kurise's speech back there,:pyaa: science makes my head hurt man, I curse me for not being smarter!:vinty:

Wasn't her lecture just AWESOME :sachi:

5 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

My last post with excel sheet contain my Majikoi grades was fairly popular, so I will post same thing for Majikoi S, which I finished today. :P What a strange VN it was.
All plot heavy routes like Tsubames' and Yukis' were really great, especially Tsubame. Yuki was slightly over the top, even for Majikoi.
Also - character driven routes like Monochiros', or MyiakoAfter were top tier as well. The rest of this VN... oh well.

Hidden Content

Final grade - 7.3

And Majikoi one, just for comparissions:

Hidden Content

How long does it take for you to do these grading things :ryuusui:

Currently reading Princess Evangile. I like how it some cases it's quite easy to relate to, the way some of these characters act is very easy to imagine in real life.

Finished Rise's route, twas decent. Started Chiho's just now, I'm definitely have a soft spot for the whole childhood friend thing. 

Uhhh.. I really dislike seeing two of the main route girls fighting over the protag, coz I know one of them won't be chosen. Hate to see them heartbroken. :komari:

Tip of the day. If you're using auto skip and really want to skip through a large portion quickly, MINIMIZE the VN! I spent ages skipping through chapter after chapter to only realize that it goes 10 times faster minimized. I have no idea how a VN can be so hardware intensive on a good PC.

The love triangle b/w Rise & Chiho was a one time refreshing deal for me. I wouldn't want to read anymore of those types of conflicts cuz it'll definitely be annoying, but it was nice to see heroines fighting over the protag for once instead of them being all graceful in defeat and whenever another heroine snags their guy.

~~
PS Vita NA has a flash sale goin' on, so I splurged 20 bucks on Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ and Norn9: Var Commons.

They're both Otome games :makina:

Well, supposedly it's not like they're moege Otome where it's just cutesy high skoo girl gettin' it on with 9 dudes, 'specially since its on the Vita. There's plot. Mystery. Special powers. So it'll be more in line with like Shikkoku no Sharnoth's Mary. 'Cept there's 9 dudes the protag will hang around with instead of just M. But yeah.

Then again it's Idea Factory AKA Neppers so gg me

Steadily advancing Coµ and Cross†Channel (volume is higher during auto advance :lol:), probably going to finish them in a week or so. It's refreshing to read something that isn't about school life or post-apocalyptic world filled with eldritch abominations.

Spoiler

not really, anything with parallel worlds / time travel is interesting no matter how plain..

23 minutes ago, spademan said:

Just finished princess waltz, loved the music and the story was good, however the ending was pretty lame. Still haven't gone back to cross channel or ruri route of demonbane, but going to start up ef now

When I first played it, I was underwhelmed - but in hindsight PW was actually pretty decent. It's weakest point however is the kinetic style (being only minor differences between the "routes"). If each girl had a genuinely unique direction, it would have scored much higher with me.

Still playing Iris and... I'm pretty sure this game has the most adorable character art of any VN I've played up to now, and I might have a hard time finding cuter art after this. I mean Symphonic Rain had some cute character designs, and I've played a few others with cute characters but... not like this. I said it reminds me a lot of Kage Donbo's style but even hers seems a little too simple compared to this. The characters have a lot of personality to them so they're not as simple as Kage Donbo, but the faces and just the cute way they look is similar. It helps that they all have really cute personalities too, and their outfits and expressions really help as well. I don't think I'd notice their cuteness quite as much if they weren't so animated. I wish Kid had gotten more popular so they could have remade this game with whatever that stuff they did for To Heart 2 is where the characters look fully animated.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28775

There's the OP for more of an idea how cute these girls are. Also one of them is Rie Kugumiya (and her route is really weird).

maitetsu demo - feels like my very soul is beeing sucked out & greedily devoured by cuteness loving entities

edit: even the MASSSSSIIIIVE amount of infodumping, regarding anything lokomotiva-like, is very much bearable, due to reina having such a sweet voice, upon trying to enlighten one with lots & lots & lots of cold facts

51 minutes ago, spademan said:

enjoying ef alot so far, but this first tale  reminds me of schooldays 

School Days didn't invent the love triangle, lol. The first chapter is the only love triangle. This isn't the last you'll see of the losing heroine, though.

Finally came to Ever17. Finished Sora's and You's routes, now on Tsugumi's. Well, there are quite a lot of things I don't really like about this VN so far. On the other hand, that grand mystery is really the thing that makes me continue. I have several guesses about what is going on so far. I hope I don't completely spoil myself before the end.

9 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Finally came to Ever17. Finished Sora's and You's routes, now on Tsugumi's. Well, there are quite a lot of things I don't really like about this VN so far. On the other hand, that grand mystery is really the thing that makes me continue. I have several guesses about what is going on so far. I hope I don't completely spoil myself before the end.

Opinion on Sora's route?

Just now, Funyarinpa said:

Opinion on Sora's route?

Well, I definitely like Sora as a character. Moreover, she is probably the only likable character in the cast so far (the reason I played her route first). Well, I liked the romantic buildup between her and the MC. On the other hand, the major plot of her route didn't really make me interested that much. Well, I feel like the route overall is good, but I personally wouldn't call it the best thing ever.

And there is really high possibility that I change my opinion about this route after some time. It happens to me all the time.

Sorry for slow response. It's almost 2 AM here.

Currently playing Kindred Spirits on the Roof.
I really like how the "protagonist" Yuna feels really cool, even without trying. How would I explain it...? Whereas other cool characters usually feel like they are pretending or forcing it, she doesn't because she is neither pretending nor forcing it most of the time - she panics and acts embarrassed as much as the next girl, but she still manages to be cool the rest of the time. All of her CG's look cool and that helps immensely.

Another thing I like about her is how she fills the usual holes that characters leave in conversation. Let's imagine a normal conversation where a character says something that doesn't make complete sense and makes me think to myself about how it doesn't make sense. Yuna, however, always seems to point out what I'm thinking when she thinks to herself. Maybe a character makes an argument with a hole for the sake of persuasion - Yuna doesn't let it slide.