What are you playing?

Honestly I wasn't a big fan on the monster rape thing, the plot is pretty cliche and predictable but somewhat enjoyable. Characters are pretty interesting, gameplay is meh but for some reason ended up enjoying it late game.

Are the plots related or do you think I could just pick up the third one that's in the works?

Mmm, i just started studiying japanese this year... man, there are so many games i want to play. I checked some CGs from Grisaia no Meikyuu and IT does look awesome. Battle mode Sachi its something everyone wanted to see. 

Damn my inability to learn a new language. I really can't wait until the translation for Meikyuu is finished.

i'm half about to finish remember 11 and going to play 999 next,

and have anyone play  fate/hollow ataraxia  i wonder why i see people talk about other game of type-moon except this one.

i've asked this once but still got no answer so someone please tell me i'm really curious.

Could be because it's not translated yet. I'm looking forward to playing it though.

Makes me wish I could read Japanese

Well depends on what you consider reading japnese :( I read using listening, reading, then dictionaries, then my last resort Atlas if I can't understand it at all. (Or if there is long periods without audio speaking. Long monologues reading all the kanji can drive you mad man!)

I have completed the grand route of mekyuu now, aka yuji's story. It's around half the length of the common route in Kajitsu. (somewhat short yes, compared to Kajitsu) I used around 30 hours on mekyuu and around 12 hours on Kajitsu common route I would imagine. So I read aroud 6 times slower than I usually do.. haha.... I read usually rather fast in english. Mostly tho, I read at around their speaking speed most often. Other times it takes minutes to understand 2 lines of text.

On the other hand I did acutally understand everything in story in the end. Just a few times I didn't understand the details, around 5%. I just couldn't wrap my head around some sentences.

Also this post is a celebration to myself yaayy. This is the first route I have completed reading without a english translation!

It was suprisingly mostly as enjoyble as reading a normal vn in translated english.

I prbly didn't drop out in the middle in the vn because.

1. Because Meikyuu is a sequel, I wanted to read so bad. (motivation) 2. Mostly understandble language.(less time use) 3. The route is short, around 6-8 hours normally. (ease) 4. It has a progression bar....

The progression bar actually made me see progress in my reading, what otherwise could have been felt like an eternal story.

Currently I am at a bit of a loss tho. Meikyuu ended at a cliffhanger.. So either I try reading the sequel, which is two times longer than yuji route in Meikyuu. Or I read the all the after stories in Meikyuu, or I find a new novel to read...

I will likely take a break and read something else.

Btw Stanleys, if a half-assed person like me can manage to learn jp slowly and read jp vn's. So can anyone else. Cheers!

Taking a bit of a break from steins;gate (so far enjoying pretty nicely) to play Dengeki Stryker.

Dengeki Stryker is a VN that not enough people have read IMO. It's not a masterpiece but I really enjoyed the experience. I can't wait for Mangagamer to TL Chou Dengeki Stryker.

Just started Utawarerumono about 3 hours ago, very enjoyable so far, the gameplay so far doesnt seem too bad.

Utawarerumono was good fun. The gameplay is pretty basic but that just means it doesn't get in the way of the story.

Started ef yesterday and I have to say it's a lot more SOL than I thought it would be. Not that that's a bad thing.

Ef is pretty much entirely Slice of Life. It also ignores a lot of opportunities to explore conflict between characters, so I found it to be a bit of a dry read.

Utawarerumono was good fun. The gameplay is pretty basic but that just means it doesn't get in the way of the story.

Yeah there are actually quite a handful of VN's I didnt bother going beyond an hour just because of the gameplay. Speaking of which do you know any VN similar to Utawarerumon? I really like the setting for it

Ef is pretty much entirely Slice of Life. It also ignores a lot of opportunities to explore conflict between characters, so I found it to be a bit of a dry read.

Possibly because the cover art made it look kind of epic and made me recall Illya's clothes, I thought it would be more action-y. But as long as it's entertaining it should be fine.

Yeah there are actually quite a handful of VN's I didnt bother going beyond an hour just because of the gameplay. Speaking of which do you know any VN similar to Utawarerumon? I really like the setting for it

If you don't mind high sexual content there's Koihime Musou.  It has gameplay but there isn't a huge amount of thought or strategy to it in my opinion.

If you don't mind high sexual content there's Koihime Musou.  It has gameplay but there isn't a huge amount of thought or strategy to it in my opinion.

oh i played koihime already, it was very enjoyable, not to mention gameplay was easy and if i remember correctly once u beat it they give u an option to skip all the battles?

oh i played koihime already, it was very enjoyable, not to mention gameplay was easy and if i remember correctly once u beat it they give u an option to skip all the battles?

there was that option yeah, and I will forever be grateful for it.  Those battles just seemed unnecessarily long and boring. 

Silva, for a while I was wondering what your avatar was from, but now I know.

I would totally cosplay as Dengeki Stryker ^_^ You know, if I had the time or inclination. I love his ability to slot in different modules to change the function of his Stryker unit.

Nothing with a similar setting comes to mind unfortunately =( Though there is an Utawarerumono 2 in the works.

I can recommend other VNs with good gameplay, though I don't think that's quite what you were asking for.