What are you playing?

On 14/2/2016 at 3:22 PM, Fred the Barber said:

I played a lot of G-Senjou over the last couple of days, and am hoping to wrap it up tomorrow. Spoilered thoughts on Chapter 3, Kanon's Chapter, and Chapter 4 (my choices led me to Chapter 5, rather than the detour to Mizuha's Chapter, so I'm going back for that next before resuming my Chapter 5 save):

Some overall thoughts, since I'm pretty close to being done now. In general, G-Senjou is growing on me pretty quickly.

- I'm not a huge fan of the music, though it has its moments, especially Gonzou's music and the flamenco-ish track that first appears in Chapter 3 which usually plays when

You're making me want to play through it again. Music was my favorite. Kanon <3

@Ike wait, was Dio your first first FIRST ending, as in you didn't even reach the other Dead Ends?

If so, you're a Phi tool for betraying Luna and Clover your first time around ._. 

Betraying Clover hurt so much, 100x more than Luna, and seeing Sigma trying to guilt-riddled justify himself was just sad >.>

Spoiler

JK875l3.jpg (960×544)

aTV8Dlm.jpg (960×544)

P.S. I love how they preserved her pointing angry stance :3

Btw, you're good luck Ike, cuz I stumbled on Dio's end, and indeed, don't understand jack, but we can always return to this later... :sachi:

Spoiler

Ml4m7MG.jpg (960×544)

~~

5 hours ago, Vokoca said:

My god, I forgot how damn ugly those models look... :pyaa: Though the fun flowchart makes up for it.

Right? When I first got into this I was like 'Awww man, even 999's sprites are more pleasing to the eyes'. Got over it already though.

~~
So, excluding Dead Ends, my Magenta side of the flowchart is cleaned out, gonna go Yellow Door (middle flowchart / Tenmyouji) next, saving Cyan door (right flowchart / Alice) for last.

I'm assuming the events occurring will be more different this time around for these bigger branches, was getting pretty stale having

Spoiler

Quark go MIA and Luna + Alice die over and over again

Been playing some more maggot baits, though damn is it going slowly. They use so many big words to set the mood and explain the situation to really paint a clear mental image. I still feel like I understand whats going on, but I get stuck reading the sentence several times before I feel like I can continue. Sometimes I just get lazy and look up the word in the parser but then I kind of fall out of the context...

Basically, this will prolly take me a while, but its a title I really want to get through so that really doesn't bother me much.

Spoiler

I like how two witches have literally been introdouced and killed in the same scene so far :wahaha:

Alison got tortured to death and Carla got raped to death.

Well, they were a little vague with Carla so I guess she might not be dead, and considering they are "immortal" they could come back. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably.

Just finished G-Senjou no Maou.

Brief thoughts on the closing chapters:

Spoiler

The Maou reveal kind of soured me on chapter 5 at first - I liked the fake story they led you to believe better than the "true" story. There were about an equal number of plot holes in either version, but in the "actually, it was the older brother all along!" story, the plot was a whole lot thinner. My ability to suspend my disbelief is profound as long as the writer keeps leading me in a single direction, but when I get jerked around like this it starts making me nitpick on all the little details that actually don't hang together anymore, and unfortunately there were a whole lot of them once I started mentally nitpicking. Ugh.

But, I managed to get over that annoyance and get back to enjoying the ride, and it was well worth it for the wonderful payoff in the Epilogue.

The general trend for me on this VN was that the numbered chapters were usually kind of interesting but unremarkable, while each girl's chapter was a thoroughly enjoyable read (as was the Epilogue). A solid ending to a story is worth more to me than all the journey there, so I ended up feeling pretty good about the VN as a whole and gave it a pretty high rating.

Onward to Demonbane!

4 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

@Ike wait, was Dio your first first FIRST ending, as in you didn't even reach the other Dead Ends?

If so, you're a Phi tool for betraying Luna and Clover your first time around ._. 

Betraying Clover hurt so much, 100x more than Luna, and seeing Sigma trying to guilt-riddled justify himself was just sad >.>

Reveal hidden contents

JK875l3.jpg (960×544)

aTV8Dlm.jpg (960×544)

P.S. I love how they preserved her pointing angry stance :3

Btw, you're good luck Ike, cuz I stumbled on Dio's end, and indeed, don't understand jack, but we can always return to this later... :sachi:

Reveal hidden contents

Ml4m7MG.jpg (960×544)

Yep. I got it before any other ending, including dead ends. I decided I'd trust Phi and kinda rolled with it 'til the end :makina:

I remember writing down the number you're given in that ending in the Memory of the game, and it doesn't come into play until waaaaaaaay later, so I pretty much couldn't use one of the two Memory pages you're given for anything else :wahaha:

I'm wondering, does the Vita version have only two Memory pages, too?

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I'm wondering, does the Vita version have only two Memory pages, too?

Ye. I guess you can just write it down physically though since it's gonna be used waaay later. I took a screenshot ^_^

Worst thing about Vita version though is lack of stylus like 3DS. 

LOOK AT MAH BEAUTIFOO NOTES

Spoiler

voB9LPl.jpg (960×544)

2AHAfZa.jpg (960×544)
Btw, you don't know how much I raged after trial and erroring my way through the billiards puzzle only to find out THEY GIVE YOU THE FKING LETTERS 

UrnQNzc.jpg (960×544)

FAILFAILFAILFAILFAIL

In other related news, I figured out that playing this game on Easy is more fun, because the other characters get to chime in and we all work together they all tell me how stupid I am while giving me the answers. But yeah it's better than them being silent ghosts the whole time. I need my character banters yo!

Finished most of the middle flowchart, I've unlocked some of the locked routes but I'ma take on the right side flow chart before officially starting to knock things out.

Things are starting to be revealed, I'm getting very excited ^_^

A0GVVhe.jpg (960×544)

Misc. Comments(spoils)

Spoiler

I will be so mindblown & hyped if Junpei and Akane pop up later, but for some reason it doesn't feel like they'll be involved, maybe I'm wrong though.

The virus Radical 6 being revealed as the cause of death (suicide!) was pretty huge, so Dio wasn't the murderer for Luna/Alice etc. etc despite his super douchey villainous persona huh. They all ended up suiciding. Shit.

Also explains the weird wavy slo-mo segments Sigma had in a few routes. He's infecteddd!

~~
Sigma is such a pathetic noob, he's literally the only scrub who gets insta-dogpiled once he gets 9 BP and tries to leave, everyone else manages to tralala leave when they get 9 ._.

~~
Clover never fails to satisfy, her ending gave me some legit goosebumps, seeing one dead body or two is ez pz, but seeing practically the entire cast? I don't blame Sigma for insta-suiciding(even though it was probably due to R6, but still)
75OYCSe.jpg (960×544)
Gonna get nightmares ;-;

Oh, and more Clover goodies,

Spoiler

ldaQ11Z.jpg (960×544)

80vwAaS.jpg (960×544),

srry, could not resist ^_^

mtH3kn1.jpg (960×544)
OH FK, SHE'S GONNA GO AXE ENDING ON US GUYS, QUICK, FIND PROOF THAT ALICE'S DEATH WAS SUICIDE!!!

After finishing Inganock some days ago I  picked up Cross†Channel (who wouldn't, after playing Nanaca Crash?).  My 'playing' list is getting unbearably large, almost as if every VN without scroll wheel advance gets stalled at one point or another..:lol:  This is the translation from 2013. I'm not too convinced of the translation quality but it could just be my English at fault here. There are many unknown words I need to look up so duckduckgo is useful to have at hand for quick definition.

There's just one thing, I can't find a way to hide message box that covers background image never thought of right click :wahaha:.

In non VN world:

-Tomb Raider 2

-Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyre

-Street Fighter 5

In "kind of" VN World:

-Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

-Hyperneptunia Series

in VN World:

-Koisuru Natsu No Last Resort

Seriously need to start finishing them up, i kinda do half hour of each and then change to another or go do something else :P

On the last route of Cartagra (finally). I have to say by playing the other routes first (everything but true) I was kinda bored for some of it, though the normal route intrigued me again. I should finish it sometime tonight or tomorrow and then I will move on to all the vn's I bought on Steam. 

VLR, got a decent haul of revelations, my jaw just dropped off my face and I was left in stunned silence by:

Spoiler

P2NxUqz.jpg (960×544)
Eyyy lookin' good K-Sigma!

but that's just the appetizer, who cares about that.

The main course is :
xG5widP.jpg (960×544)
GRANNY KANNY

Which also means... could it be...? Tenmyouji is.... Granny Jumpy? 
jfAc9vN.jpg (960×544)
FK ME, MIND BLOWN

Side note to fulfill my Clover quota,

D'aww, no wonder Granny Jumpy had so much trust in Clover, but he must've been soo hurt when she just betrays him and calls him an old man :3. Explains why she would totally 100% be on his side though whenever he got a chance to pull her aside and talk with her...

zyhCquu.jpg (960×544)

y3aovdL.jpg (960×544)

But yeah, that's nothing compared to how he must've felt seeing Akane dead.

Wait...

FKING AKANE IS DEAD? AKANE? DEAD?

WTFFFFFFFF NO. NO NO NO NO NO!!!

THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE, FK NO, FK DIO, FK FK FKFSKDFKALSJFASJF;ASKFJSAFJS;  

~~
Trying to finish up getting the Bomb deactivation passwords and then I'll finally do the two-lion PW thingy, but whew! I'm thirsty for more revelations!

Slowly but surely making my way through Maggot Baits. Reached the first bad ending.

Spoiler

Gotta love bad endings :wahaha: ... The MC is straight up murdered and all his associates are raped.  The end.
Yeah..

And holy shit, the iron maiden scene with Edna... That shit looked painful ... :pyaa:

Finished Virtue's Last Reward

What can I say, after 24 hours of decent escape-mystery we finally get rewarded with a couple hours of Revelation City and GODDAMN that was FUN!!!!!!!!1 Love it love it love it.

Now just gotta wait a couple years for Zero Escape 3 to come out & be localized

~~
Don't have anything planned to read now / 100% exhausted my VN fuel tank for sure now so I will probably go off the radar for a while* and finally leave this thread alone ._.