What are you playing?

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I actually really like Tsubaki as a character. I think she could've easily ended up boring, given the premise, but she gets put in diverse situations, has diverse reactions to them, and even changes as a person. Much respect to the writer for writing someone who I would find both likeable in real life (because let's face it, in real life, most VN heroine personalities would be intolerable) and still interesting to read about.

Agree. I don't liked Tsubaki much, but it was really good written character, interesting to read about. As oppose to...:

4 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Shiratori is best girl.

...yeah. I thought that up until her chapter.

Spoiler

Where Yuki actually butchered every single part of personality Shiratori had. I liked her in those little moments she spoked to Kyosuke on her own, without Yuki instructions. But Yuki killed that. Up until then I found Mizuha interesting, intriguing, shy and not sociable person. I like those. But when her chapter started and showed her, that she's not a complex character, with motivation to become 'outsider', but just emptyheaded person, who don't know what to say, my likeness for this character dropped harshly. And that "Plz mr Gonzo, dun't kill mah sistah!" chapter ending was very dissappointing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, Kara No shoujo 2 :D

I just met my first bad ending, it was 

Spoiler

third possible bad end, the Holy Prophet one

I was glad until now, that I avoided bad endings, that Kara 2 avoided mistakes made by Cartagra and Kara 1 - blind choices leading to bad endings, but this bad end is nothing but a blind choices. Sigh. I hate those.
Also - this bad ending was just... 'hey, why it stopped, I want to play more!' type of thing.

Spoiler

I really didn't care at all about Yukiko, I don't like her and I couldn't care less about her loosing all individuality and becoming Holy Prophet. Whatever floats your boat, girl. You hadn't have any personality to begin with. So when this ending happened I was very much surprised, cause from my point of view nothing ended. Case still open, although near the end, everybody still alive, so why Game Over?
(And I know she will be main character in the 'second arc' of the game, cause she's on the cover and she is very forced for screentime from the begining, but still)

Also - it looks like this game will be a little different than previous 2 titles. Both of them has very clear 'two arcs'. This looks like it could have two arcs as well, but instead of ending of first arc, the case that started in village (I know culprit, well I think I know, unless some stupid twist came along the way, Reji is really close to know the culprit, all it takes to prove it) after those 20+ hours I read now, story is dragged, and other threads are suddenly pulled into the story right now 

Spoiler

Kyoko, Yukiko, that little girl at hospital

to just delay the solution of main case. That's just how I see it. Hopefully it will be interesting, because pacing died a little right now and title is no longer aiming at 9.5+/10, rather 9.0+.

EDIT:
Oh, and one more thing. Up until now music was really great, much better than Kara1. But now it makes the same sins as the previous game.
Great scene at the hospital, tension, every second counts, drama is happening, everybody is running and shouting (well, almost), and.... this track is playing:

Spoiler

Sigh. Way to kill the mood, eh? And it's not the first time, I hate that happy jazz when people talks about victim of murders, or scene of crime is investigating. Put there a dark music and suddenly everythings looks much better.

Buncha Shiratori haters.

Though I do admit, her character is shat and out of all heroines in G-Senjou she has the most "tacked on for the sake of having another route" feel

~~
@Vorathiel ahaha, you also got locked into Holy Prophet bad ending like me eh? HI FIVE

t's funny cuz it's statistically the hardest ending to get if you were to do a blind playthrough since it requires straight up not visit Yukiko at all (You need to visit her something like 3x during Free Time to not get that ending, and you'll visit her at least twice no matter what, so all in all you just need to visit her ONCE out of the remaining five or six Free Times before 1/9 or w.e)

~~
Made slight progress in VLR, went through Magenta door cuz Luna's VA is same as Oshizu from TLR and I love her voice

Very, very pleased with the puzzles this time around, actually requires a lot more thinking, hopefully the rest will have similar quality. 999 was more just finding and combining the correct items in sequential order with sparse mini game puzzles thrown in here and there, this one fked me hard, especially with the bartender father/mother/child drink preferences, it's like "Ikay, I got it wrong, therefore it's this asshole that's lying" NOPE, YOU WERE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME BEECH, BUT GO AHEAD AND WASTE MOAR TIME MIXIN' OTHER DRINKS 'COS, AHAHA, IT'S ALL POINT OF VIEW DUMB DUMB!!!

Allied with Luna because I knew she's a good girl :3, very surprised about the results of Alice vs Clover & K, dun care about Gramps vs. Dio and the kid (but they got me good, dunno who's lying or not).

9 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Planetarian...42 minutes in... EEEeh

Planetarium (int mispel to trigger Tay) is indeed "ehh", really all you do is just idle day by day for 5-6 hours-ish realtime while that lady does her routine same ol' same ol' shenanigans with the protag internal monologuing himself about her to death and as a result somehow slowly but surely falling for her

Then you get the 1-2 hours of supposed 'tearjerker' classic and you're left in tears(?) and thinking the VN is great-to-masterpiece tier in the hallmark of Key 

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

Planetarium (int mispel to trigger Tay) is indeed "ehh", really all you do is just idle day by day for 5-6 hours-ish realtime while that lady does her routine same ol' same ol' shenanigans with the protag internal monologuing himself about her to death and as a result somehow slowly but surely falling for her

Then you get the 1-2 hours of supposed 'tearjerker' classic and you're left in tears(?) and thinking the VN is great-to-masterpiece tier in the hallmark of Key 

there's always refund

thought it was 2 hrs long, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

I was interested in This War Of Mine too, which is now for the same price. That's why. No problems with it otherwise.

If you've read 42 minutes of Planetarian, you've already surpassed the story content of This War of Mine.

People talked up TWoM as something amazing, but I found it simple, shallow, and extremely repetitive.  I would not recommend it anyone.

reading umineko...

Spoiler

I like how everyone still think that there is no witch or anything weird going on even   2 people inside a closed room with no meanings of entering were killed or 6 people were butchered (grown up people) like nothing,  they believe that an old decrepit lady could have done it....alone!!! xD 

And when they chased maria out of the room (a fucking 9 little girl!!!) because she could be the killer or helping the murderer...... Natsuhi said "if she isn't the culprit or if she is not with him I will apologies with her tomorrow" wtf xD really? are you fucking retarded or what? I just hope she dies soon, she is one of the most annoying and retarded characters I have seen in any vn so far... 

Also I don't think there is a way for this characters to behave in a more stupid way than they are doing right now... battle is the only one that is not that stupid but just for a little...

I don't really get this novel so far...the characters go on and on talking and making hypothesis about how there is a culprit among them when is more than obvious that Beatrice does exist... everything until this point, this hours and hours until now are just a waste of time :/

ewkj4pz.jpg

:ph34r:

lol

like really laughing hard right now.

edit: Umineko can be an interesting look at how people may react when placed into extreme situations they aren't able to fully comprehend. Most people probably won't be able to act logically. Since you're right near the end of Episode 1, you should at least read Episode 2 as well, then maybe the point of umineko will become clear. 

Don't mind Decay, he's a diehard umineko fangirl,

Though, guess what boys, all of a sudden I feel like reading Umineko, and we all know my success rate in reading VNs that I pick on a whim :holo:

VLR is goin' good, but I need a break from Chunsoft. *gets shot by Funyarinpa* //still reading it, but not gonna blitz through it

I just started episode 2, like I thought i can't judge this novel just by reading the first episode, I will need to finish the game and see the ending. 

One thing is really bothering me is this freaking bug that turns the volume of the music and ambiance sound really loud, even when i turn it down it goes to 100% again when the song changes (also the sounds is really loud), is really really annoying, I almost can't hear the voice acting >_> it's probably because of the patch i'm using.

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

well playing in a low res doesnt really bother me and I prefer that rather than having a part of their bodies cut off (is like the characters are zoomed in a bit too close) but i will test that patch and see how it is.

It's not a "patch". It's a port of the original PS3 version for PC. Which essentially means it's exactly the PS3 game, just on PC. Not like the patch you're using which is just replacing the art assets but is essentially the original PC version.
You can't see this on screenshots but this is full of funky animations and sprite effects and neat little details.
It's too bad if you don't care about high res and such, but those 1080p CGs and the lossless soundtrack are simply stunning.

13 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

It's not a "patch". It's a port of the original PS3 version for PC. Which essentially means it's exactly the PS3 game, just on PC. Not like the patch you're using which is just replacing the art assets but is essentially the original PC version.
You can't see this on screenshots but this is full of funky animations and sprite effects and neat little details.
It's too bad if you don't care about high res and such, but those 1080p CGs and the lossless soundtrack are simply stunning.

I will try the real "まほう" xD but right now I'm downloading xcom 2 from steam so until I finish that I can't download it :P I will try it as soon as xcom 2 is downloaded