What are you playing?

Unfortunately, I'm going the play-my-shattyJRPGs route (Ar Nosurge) instead of reading (as I predicted), though this is relevant here because I'm reading the prequel, Ciel Nosurge (or rather, watching the conveniently-made-still-ongoing YT Fantranslation by blackraen)
e: actually, Ar Nosurge somehow managed to land on VNDB as well, so hooray, I'm still reading a VN? :sachi:

Funny, I did exactly the same in the last weeks. Finished the game yesterday.

I don't know what to think about Ar nosurge. It's by far the best exa_pico game in terms of romance. Cass and Delta are probably the most awesome couple I saw in the last few years in a JRPG. They are so lovely-dovey with each other, it makes my heart going fuwa very strong. I usually don't like tsundere characters but Cass is so adorable honest and fragile with her personality. And Delta is a really good-hearted guy without being boring or lame.
I love how the game has nearly no harem vibe (aside from stupid side-stories which really were unnecessary) and two predetermined couples, so we get to see relationship building without the boring who gets whom part.

That said, I have to say that Earthes is sadly the worst character of all and kinda brings the whole game down. Ironically, when I started the game I thought he would be the character and his relationship with Ion would be the one I will like the most. That's because the Anata-concept in Ciel nosurge was executed flawlessly and I think Ciel is one of the best selfinserting "dating sims" ever made.
Earthes execution in Ar nosurge however is ... horrible. He is the worst character of the cast and that's because he is supposed to be "me", but I never felt that this would be the case. Instead, everything Earthes did, I didn't want him to do. But the game forces me to do this stuff! And the games also want me to want to do it. But this doesn't work at all. When I want to be empathetic, the game forces me to be a smartass. When I want to act, the game forces me to be an hetare. When I want to be raburabu with Ion, the game forces me to flirt with other characters. WTF. Epic fail. The ending is the worst of all. Having no "Shut the fuck up, bitch"-choice ruined my immersion completely.

Well thanks to this thread I have some nukige to go through.

Just finished hypno-training my mother and sister. Actually not bad, all things considered. I liked the bad ending, and I had to try a few times to get the good ending. Though I wish they would have added a few different bad endings, as getting the same one 3/4 times is kinda ... meh.

I rate it 5 sisters from Kiss x Sis out of 10. :makina:

Cosplay Alien next ... This one seems ... colorful.

Sigh ... what the hell am I doing ... :amane:

Just finished hypno-training my mother and sister. Actually not bad, all things considered. I liked the bad ending, and I had to try a few times to get the good ending. Though I wish they would have added a few different bad endings, as getting the same one 3/4 times is kinda ... meh.

Practically my only two complaints with this game are 1) too short and 2) the mom's breasts are a bit too big for my taste 

Unfortunately, I'm going the play-my-shattyJRPGs route (Ar Nosurge) instead of reading (as I predicted), though this is relevant here because I'm reading the prequel, Ciel Nosurge (or rather, watching the conveniently-made-still-ongoing YT Fantranslation by blackraen)
e: actually, Ar Nosurge somehow managed to land on VNDB as well, so hooray, I'm still reading a VN? :sachi:

Funny, I did exactly the same in the last weeks. Finished the game yesterday.

I don't know what to think about Ar nosurge. It's by far the best exa_pico game in terms of romance. Cass and Delta are probably the most awesome couple I saw in the last few years in a JRPG. They are so lovely-dovey with each other, it makes my heart going fuwa very strong. I usually don't like tsundere characters but Cass is so adorable honest and fragile with her personality. And Delta is a really good-hearted guy without being boring or lame.
I love how the game has nearly no harem vibe (aside from stupid side-stories which really were unnecessary) and two predetermined couples, so we get to see relationship building without the boring who gets whom part.

What a coinkydink :sachi:

Ye, I love tsunderes so #bias, but Cass is easily skyrocketing to the top ranks of my Tsun-Tsun-KYAHH!!! list :kosame:. Also looking forward to how her relationship develops with Delta, I have a thing for couples that have a partner/duo relationship ie. Guardian x Weaver Delta & Cass, Fairy x Fencer Eryn & Fang, Mage x Familiar Louise & Saito soo I have high hopes for these two~

~~
I made some progress in Ar Nosurge 'cuz temptation, but I'm at the part where Zill is tryin' to something something at Flask Sea, and apparently she mentions the song magic Class::CIEL_NOSURGE, and I think Ion just popped up on the screen for a second or two, soo I really need to stop playing and just blitz through Ciel Nosurge so I can maximize my "Ohh snap, references!" reactions.

e1: Kiddy-Kass is too adorable
e2: Why did it take me 5 years to realize Tabou = Turbo, damn localization.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Dear lord have mercy ... the writing and translation in cosplay alien makes me want to jump out the window ... What the actual fu** is happening!

AND WHO THE HELL IS TOM?!

He keeps talking to someone who isnt there named Tom, then HE asks who tom is and says he cant joke his way out of this .... WHAT!?

f61EFj2.png

(The H-scenes in this thing better be good :jinpou:...)

Like, seriously... What the hell?

5P0g0Ww.png

So this amazing bracelet that can "change the whole dimension into whatever you she wants" costs three months worth of salary? ... So basically, anyone who works for 3 months can change the whole dimension? ...

What the hell does change the whole dimension even mean. AHHH!!! *Rips out all his hair*

Finished Chaos;Child. I was a bit unsure about it at first, but I have to say that I loved it in the end. It is different yet similar to Chaos;Head, and it actually uses its position as a sequel in interesting ways, rather than just being a further attempt at milking money out of the franchise. All the heroine 'routes' are a fun exploration of various endings to the main story (much like C;H), and the true ending is very satisfying as well, and improvement over its predecessor in my opinion. The art is great, and the OST is amazing, it has a couple of tracks that were stuck in my head for quite some time.

Chaos;Child steps even further into the fantasy region, so if you didn't like that about C;H, you might want to avoid this one - but if that's not a minus for you, I'd definitely recommend it.

Chaos;Child is something that I'd definitely love to read. I still remember that I started reading C;H just because it was S;G's prequel and me being a completionist, only to end up liking it as much as S;G.   

Just waiting for the day when .5pb gives in to PC master race. 

I wanted to actually read Mare's route but I gave it up for reasons, I went and read ren's review and I have to say I kinda disagree with it.

I liked Aoi's rute, I thought it was pretty neat, Chinamin's as well, the main one I have a problem with is actually Asuho, it felt week to me, also it is supposed to be the first route you take and it gives you Yume's name from the start, i personally think the vn would have greatly benefited from withholding that information until you reach Yume's route, the routes for the twins were average at best, and the idea behind  Yume's route was kinda cool, but the ending and the time traveling magic bullshit was so lame, also didn't Setsuna say that if Kosame gets hit by Mare's scythe she's gonna disappear but in the end of Komom's route she gets hit anyways and nothing happens, I seriously dislike stories with vague bullshit magic because it's a cheap gimmick that can justify anything "well it's just how star magic works" it's just an easy tool to use instead of providing actual answers, also I happen to mostly hate most of the subject matter of these kinds of vn's, for instance I played a good chunk of a route in If my heart had wings and found the whole flying is magical parts boring, I played a chunk of a route in canvas 2 and found the whole art stuff boring, and found the astrology parts in this boring too, I just wanted to return to the stories rather than learn about the stars, i don't really know anything about mare's route, I never finished it because... reasons... but overall this vn was kinda overhyped in my opinion, it's nothing special, it's just mediocre, at least if it was Nekopara level of bad you would get a laugh out of it but this was kind of a drag to read

admittedly, at the end of the day vn's are only as good as the enjoyment you can get out of them and different people enjoy different things, which is why I disagree with putting a score on a vn,

TLDR:I'd say Hoshizora no memoria is an avrege vn and worth your time if you are looking for something to read, bonus if you are into astrology

I'm making my way through After Story now in Clannad. I think I was just burned out on the school setting, after being stuck in it for too long - there's just too many arcs you have to go through in the first part of the game, and even though I was skipping through the repeated scenes, everything started to feel boring and repetitive. So After Story now feels really fresh and different, even though I have seen the anime several times. Anyway, a little bit to say about the school arcs and a little bit about After Story so far:

- Kappei's route, in the school arc, was pretty nice. Of all the things that were cut or heavily altered in the transition to the anime, this was definitely the most interesting, and the most surprising. A whole character materialized out of nowhere, even in the VN - I never so much as ran into the guy until I was actually following a guide to see his arc. Random, but a fun character, and it was nice to see another couple work out nicely.

- After Story has been a great experience. I enjoyed the school arc much more in the anime than the VN, but conversely I'm enjoying After Story much more in the VN than the anime. The work-related stuff has so far been much more interesting. Admittedly I'm the kind of weird guy who finds all the nattering about random electrician details to be interesting, but that wasn't the whole of it. I think both the greater level of detail and the fact that we see more scenes playing out, and perhaps especially that we get to see Tomoya's inner monologue during them, helped me get more invested in how important his job is to him.

- Sanae has an arc in After Story! And holy shit it was lovely! It was short, yes, but I was genuinely surprised and wholeheartedly delighted by how it wrapped up. This is the first time that the "orb of light" scene has really resonated with me. I won't spoil this one - if you haven't played it yet, look forward to it.

So, bottom line is, thanks to After Story I'm finally feeling very positive about my decision to play the Clannad VN in spite of seeing the anime already. Keep them feels coming, Clannad!

Just read Michiru's route in Grisaia, so let me ask this:

Hidden Content

Nope, and that's actually the reason Meikyuu gets all the 'Michiru was retconned!@#' hate.

Yeah... That would have been hilarious though xD

Very light Rakuen spoiler.

For what it's worth, the ending in Rakuen is kinda funny and is linked to Michiru's hilarious stupidity.

Finished introductory chapter to White Album 2, definitely a good VN. One problem with the translation is that the animated scenes do not have any translation, so the vital scene when

Haruki and Touma are kissing at the airport. Setsuna is looking down at her shoes and crying and she has some dialogue, and supposedly this where she says she actually does love Haruki.

How can this super important point not be translated?

I was so ready to start the next chapter of White Album 2, only to find that it isn't translated either..

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate is the newest one I have started after finishing Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. The art style is what caught my attention and it seems like it will be quite enjoyable (only ~45 minutes in). It seems to have pretty good ratings as well. The only thing I wish it had right off the bat was the Sensei route as well as the two monkey's (obviously can't recall their names).

Playing Cartagra for the first time (also have KNS 1/2 sitting in my backlog, going to go through them after)

Locked myself into Hatsune's route without intending to (was playing without looking at the walkthough):

Gotta admit, I'm not a violent man by nature - but if I was Shugo I would've punched Nana in the face and dragged her to the police after she admitted being involved with that crazy nun at the school, and all that she 'took part in" - not to mention her stupid detective guessing game (at the park) might be what delayed Shugo long enough  from saving Rin. Instead the writer akwardly shrugs it off like no big deal, Shugo lets it slide? really? sigh...

Oh well, this was just one path - and I'm not even done that yet, the other routes will reveal more I'm sure.

It's pretty good though, been a long time since I let myself read something "dark". I guess the last thing was the complete Higurashi series? Or maybe it was muvluv? can't recall.

I am really disappointed that White Album 2 Closing Chapter is not yet translated, I would love to continue the story.

So now I have a dilemma on what VN to start next, so this is where I ask for your help..

Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ - (http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Subarashiki_Hibi) < It states that the translation progress is 100%, but the editing progress is only 98.4%. So what does that really mean, is it completely translated but a small part isn't refined?