What are you playing?

I'm currently working my way through Amane's route in If My Heart Had Wings. Played all the other routes. I enjoyed Kotori's route the most so far. The climax really piled it on and the conflict(s) weren't so 1-dimensional. Asa's route was alright, but weak. I guess it was primarily setting you up for the twin route. The twin route was played too straight for my tastes. Ageha's route was the most disappointing, particularly because I enjoy her characterization. The tension itself was fine, but it's source just strained credibility and the whole thing ending up feeling like a mess by the time it was over.

I've heard Amane's the best route from a few people, so I'm glad that I saved it for last.

I've heard Amane's the best route from a few people, so I'm glad that I saved it for last.

I agree, I think Amane's route was the best of the route's. The tension and problem were great and so was the ending. I think you're going to enjoy it very much. I also agree about Ageha's route. I liked her as a character, but the conflict in the route was weak and seemed a little forced.

i'm stuck with Ef. Chihiro's ending made me lost faith in the game

Similar to me. I stopped after the first route ended. It just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I did just start Yumina the Ethereal. Had to restart the second chapter, wasn't ready for the final debate.

I actually finished Ef and didn't enjoy it too much. The visuals were nice but nothing ever hooked me and made me want to keep reading. Chihiro's story was probably my favorite though, despite the ending (because if you keep reading, that ending isn't as horrible as it might seem).

I'm playing Hoshizora no Memoria at the moment and enjoying it. The story isn't absolutely amazing but I still like it and the art is fresh and really nice to look at.

I can't wait till I know enough Japanese to read untranslated VNs...I feel like i'm missing out =(

This. Like seriously, I'm tired of hearing all these great experiences with VNs that are likely never to be translated.

That's not to say I don't like hearing them as well, as it tells me which VNs to add to my list but sometimes it gets annoying.

I played Muv-luv: Unlimited during the forum hiatus.

Pretty good. Some parts were kinda terrible (uh, that arc on the volcano with Meiya...) and you can tell that you're still in a what is ultimately an eroge when you see the pilot suits designs... Oh shit... 

But otherwise it's an enjoyable military sci-fi story that took from stuff like Starship Troopers. It completely fails at solving anything plot-wise in the end, so it would not have been very good on its own, but as a build-up for Alternative it's okay.

Now I'll finally begin the last part: Alternative... The various reactions to it I read hyped me quite a lot...

I played Muv-luv: Unlimited during the forum hiatus.

Pretty good. Some parts were kinda terrible (uh, that arc on the volcano with Meiya...) and you can tell that you're still in a what is ultimately an eroge when you see the pilot suits designs... Oh shit... 

But otherwise it's an enjoyable military sci-fi story that took from stuff like Starship Troopers. It completely fails at solving anything plot-wise in the end, so it would not have been very good on its own, but as a build-up for Alternative it's okay.

Now I'll finally begin the last part: Alternative... The various reactions to it I read hyped me quite a lot...

All I am saying is , there is a reason why Alternative is highly rated on vndb.

Hey, I kinda liked that volcano bit. But I liked Meiya a lot so pretty much anything involving her was good shit.There is one scene in Alternative that pretty much made me stop reading right there, took me a couple of minutes to collect myself after that. It's probably the first major punch in the gut in the storyline.

Anyway, on-topic, trying to figure out what to read after Eustia. I'm thinking either Dies Irae, Ourai no Gahkthun or the Ley Line series.

It's a coincidence.  Kasumi's route is the least important, as all the revelations in her route happen in one or another of the others as well, and she is also the least interesting of the four heroines.  Not to mention the fights are boring, relatively speaking.  Most people play Kei to open up the Mary route, then play Mary, then Rea.  Kasumi gets ignored because she is the most out of place character in the entire game, lol.

It's a coincidence.  Kasumi's route is the least important, as all the revelations in her route happen in one or another of the others as well, and she is also the least interesting of the four heroines.  Not to mention the fights are boring, relatively speaking.  Most people play Kei to open up the Mary route, then play Mary, then Rea.  Kasumi gets ignored because she is the most out of place character in the entire game, lol.

Oh I see. So is her route safe to skip without missing anything, basically?

Yeah.  The only major difference is you get to see Seizanhai's insanity a bit more clearly.  However, you get to the core of that insanity in Rea's route without having to endure Kasumi's idiocy so you can generally ignore hers.  Not only that, but Kasumi's route's ending is awful.

gotten to chapter 6 in s;g now. Did not seem to get the choice for suzuha route, but then again, I don't really care as i've seen it before. time to start consulting the walthrough for choi8ces, though presumably its too late already and im fucked on getting sideroutes~

Oh well, the cost of freedom...

EDIT: *checks walthrough* *oh the branch off is in ch6 nvm*