What are you playing?

got emotionally blackmailed into finally try reading mugen kairou2, which i surprisingly never did before, after having read 1 & 1.5 quite some years ago to my very satisfaction.

edit: still not finished with virgin load but for the sake of non dehydrating any more than this, i´ll pause it for now.
dialogues like this pretty much drestroyed me:
はあはあ。この無垢が、今日よりおもうさま蹂躙され尽くすのだ。はあはあ。我が我が肉体の淫猥なるを以って、今宵よりこの純真を徹底的に踏み躙るがゆえに。はあはあ

got emotionally blackmailed into finally try reading mugen kairou2, which i surprisingly never did before, after having read 1 & 1.5 quite some years ago to my very satisfaction.

Very good decision.
Mugen Kairou is one of the few video games I would honestly call a masterpiece of "art", on the same level as games like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 2 or Sayonara wo Oshiete. Everyone should read it although most will probably never understand it as they can't see behind the metaphors and images this magnificent gem provides for the open-minded reader.

edit: still not finished with virgin load but for the sake of non dehydrating any more than this, i´ll pause it for now.
dialogues like this pretty much drestroyed me:
はあはあ。この無垢が、今日よりおもうさま蹂躙され尽くすのだ。はあはあ。我が我が肉体の淫猥なるを以って、今宵よりこの純真を徹底的に踏み躙るがゆえに。はあはあ

What a coincidence, me too!

Was feeling the vn mood and started up Ever 17 again. I started it and the mood was lost. What do you guys do when this happens? Force your way through the vn or just drop it? Personally, I dislike moving onto anything with out finishing what I was doing before (in terms of media). This causes me to just loose the whole wanting to read anything for sometime.

Forcing yourself isn't fun. Try another day IMO. 

@LiquidShu, I would try alternating between something else to keep yourself entertained,I usually do a combo of video games+VN, or video games+anime, have an alternative in case you get bored of something. You can also try pushing a bit if your not too bored, i sometimes would face an Arc with long and bland text that would bore me, sometimes I push a bit and something interesting happens and it grabs my attention and it negates the boredom and gets me interested again. 

So I finished Zombie no Afureta Sekai de Ore Dake ga Osowarenai, and I have to say.....not the finest thing I have read....It has a decent story at most,very little voice acting besides the H...speaking of H, i'm really confused on if this is suppose to be a nukige or just some vn with a lot of H....I mean I guess the main point of this isn't really H, but IMO the MC has way too much pointless sex. The story wasn't really that intense, was quite a disappointment, and there is no suspense or tension what so ever...as you can tell by the name of the VN,MC does some things that makes me scream WTF, but now that I think back to it, some of makes sense I guess,since hes in a post apocalyptic world, but I feel like the MC is too average...he is the type of guy I would expect to die in the first week in a zombie apocalypse. There was a to be continued at the end, so i guess there will be a sequel or sequels. Just started Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, the score for the anime adaption was pretty low on MAL,but it seemed pretty interesting since it had a time loop tag and multiple route mystery tag,so that has piqued my interest. 

@LiquidShu, I would try alternating between something else to keep yourself entertained,I usually do a combo of video games+VN, or video games+anime, have an alternative in case you get bored of something. You can also try pushing a bit if your not too bored, i sometimes would face an Arc with long and bland text that would bore me, sometimes I push a bit and something interesting happens and it grabs my attention and it negates the boredom and gets me interested again. 

So I finished Zombie no Afureta Sekai de Ore Dake ga Osowarenai, and I have to say.....not the finest thing I have read....It has a decent story at most,very little voice acting besides the H...speaking of H, i'm really confused on if this is suppose to be a nukige or just some vn with a lot of H....I mean I guess the main point of this isn't really H, but IMO the MC has way too much pointless sex. The story wasn't really that intense, was quite a disappointment, and there is no suspense or tension what so ever...as you can tell by the name of the VN,MC does some things that makes me scream WTF, but now that I think back to it, some of makes sense I guess,since hes in a post apocalyptic world, but I feel like the MC is too average...he is the type of guy I would expect to die in the first week in a zombie apocalypse. There was a to be continued at the end, so i guess there will be a sequel or sequels. Just started Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, the score for the anime adaption was pretty low on MAL,but it seemed pretty interesting since it had a time loop tag and multiple route mystery tag,so that has piqued my interest. 

I told you it was bad :P I don't think it deserves more than a 5 or 6, it was a nukige with a tiny plot and that plot was about zombies that's all there is to this vn. almost no voice acting (i like how his mother the girl's mother cant remember her name had voice acting just because she was a female character because she wasnt important at all xD )too many sex scenes that went on for ever and the MC was a dick no matter what even in that situation (at least that is what i think )

Edited by Deep Blue

Almost done with narcissu 3rd, sadly it is not what i was expecting. There is a lot of combat and pretty much nothing else, the reading difficulty is really high because like I said is just combat combat and combat (with a lot of medieval vocabulary) when the main character Iris is not fighting she is training or thinking the same way setsumi did on narcissu... but the thing is they are not in the same situation so it's hard to feel empathy for her like I did with setsumi also as the setting is fantasy I just don't care:( 

There is a lot of dialogues (at least compared to the nar 1 and 2) but not voice acting most of the time and no names either, in narcissu 1 and 2 was ok because there was just 2 characters talking most of the time but here is not the same you have a whole cast of people and it often changes who is narrating the story so it's really convoluted and hard to follow.

the other stories are...not very narcissu-like 

I get that he was probably trying to do something new and not more of the same but that's exactly why it failed. I don't think is bad but is not narcissu even if it looks like it in the end it is not. 

None of the major plot points of Cartagra are carried over into KnS but three of the characters (the protagonist and the main heroine, and one of the police detectives) do show up and they play a mildly important role and deliver some moments that are greatly diminished without playing Cartagra first. Apparently KnS2 has more characters from Cartagra and it sounds like it might connect the two in a more significant way.

4 characters, actually. You forgot about sub-main heroine.

But Cartagra have much less serious atmosphere, lot of goofy moments and protag is just dumb. Well, not like Reiji is particularily bright (having in mind that he was late almost everywhere), but at least he finds out the leads and sum 1+1 himself, while Shugo never ever tries to do this, he always have someone else to solve the mystery.

Actually I continued to read Cartagra from where I stopped, as 2 years ago I completed 2,5 routes (Rin,Nana and 1/2 Hatsune) and dropped it. But seeing that old characters like Toji returning in KnS2 - decided to beat it at last. So far... Well, mixed feelings. It is not bad of any means, but sloppy protag and somewhat goofy and non-trustworthy characters tend to ruin atmosphere (or author wanted it this way? who knows).

I really enjoyed Cartagra, and i agree that Shougo was dumb as a sack of bricks, but otherwise i loved the characters. I'm not touching KnS though. Seems not only did it take a giant dump on it's own characters, it had to take a shit on Cartagra's characters as well. Mehh..

Just finished Fruit of Grisaia, and while the writing was really inconsistent with character behaviours and past experiences being different from route to route and some routes generally weren't really all that good. It was an epic read nonetheless. Need more vn's like this translated, if they even exist.

b/w skoo and my part time job i havent been able to read anything since that spare time went to nep nep and recently Charlotte (jk just too lazy to read)

but luckily today is veterans day in 'murica so I'm gonna spam a certain route in a certain VN 

Winter Break needs to come already so I can finish off KoiRizo & Cartagra+KnS

just finished reading homeless girl student, that was...sad to say the least, the art style was really good and the way it was narrated almost like a poem, this is the first time I rate a vn with so many rape scenes with a high score but the story deserves it, however this is not a vn for everyone.

I don't know who was the voice actress for this novel but she was superb.

UT5lWb3.jpg
Edited by Deep Blue

just finished reading homeless girl student, that was...sad to say the least, the art style was really good and the way it was narrated almost like a poem, this is the first time I rate a vn with so many rape scenes with a high score but the story deserves it, however this is not a vn for everyone.

Hidden Content

SO THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD!?

I have been debating with a lot of people on skype if this was a good story about misery or just mindless rape without any story what so ever.

Oh well, im definitely gonna play it now then (im ready for the feels ;W;) 

Hidden Content

SO THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD!?

I have been debating with a lot of people on skype if this was a good story about misery or just mindless rape without any story what so ever.

Oh well, im definitely gonna play it now then (im ready for the feels ;W;) 

I wrote an entire mini review and when i posted it the forum collapsed or something >_> I don't know if it's working bad for me or not but I'm not going to write all that again :( 

To make it short, yes it is actually good :P (at least it was for me and I don't like nukige vns ) bear in mind that this is not a happy story and it's not supposed to be one either and there are some really fucked up things on it (aside from the rape)

Was feeling the vn mood and started up Ever 17 again. I started it and the mood was lost. What do you guys do when this happens? Force your way through the vn or just drop it?

Just be like me and every other post mention how you stopped reading VNs and / or will get around to reading a certain VN in like 2021 :Teeku:

Lately the stars really have to align for me to commit fully to a VN, currently that hasn't happened since Corpse Party: Blood Drive - a whole month ago. 

Was feeling the vn mood and started up Ever 17 again. I started it and the mood was lost. What do you guys do when this happens? Force your way through the vn or just drop it?

Just be like me and every other post mention how you stopped reading VNs and / or will get around to reading a certain VN in like 2021 :Teeku:

Lately the stars really have to align for me to commit fully to a VN, currently that hasn't happened since Corpse Party: Blood Drive - a whole month ago. 

Mine has to be at least two months ago at this point :unsure: Unless you count Tsugumi's route in Ever 17.

What's your PSN btw?

Edited by LiquidShu

Mine has to be at least two months ago at this point :unsure: Unless you count Tsugumi's route in Ever 17.

What's your PSN btw?

I know that feel and the way I do it is that I always have a couple of VNs laying around in different genres and read a little bit of everything.

And then I get really invested in one of them all of a sudden and read it all the way through, then move to the next and so on.

But yeah, also dont be afraid to stall vns you dont really feel like reading ATM

back to playing fairytale requiem, because yeah....my boss deleted all eroge i´ve been reading on the pc in our office, namely mugen kairou2, ilkenie2 & some others, after the police appeared there yesterday to question me about few things regarding my charming attitude when coming to my subordinates...

back to playing fairytale requiem, because yeah....my boss deleted all eroge i´ve been reading on the pc in our office, namely mugen kairou2, ilkenie2 & some others, after the police appeared there yesterday to question me about few things regarding my charming attitude when coming to my subordinates...

lol what