What are you playing?

I started playing KoiRizo and XBlaze: Code Embryo

Xblaze has pretty impressive visual presentation. Scenes have different "camera angles", you can see the characters sprites from behind and sideways and there's some dynamic close-ups to give a sense of motion. This works best when reading on auto, since it kinda makes it seem like a interactive anime. (The sprites are not actually animated apart from faces, but still)

The story seems pretty interesting as well and I like the TOi system. If reading adds about shampoo gives me shower scenes, I have nothing to complain. 

I understand what you're saying. Like I said I only have a mac right now (my Husband has a windows laptop but he only uses it for his programing stuff for work) so the scope of visual novels that I can play right now is very limited.

Right now on my mac I have:

RE- Alistair (First VN I ever played, completed all endings except for Shiro's.)

Katawa Shoujo (currently playing)

Narcissu (1 & 2) (haven't played yet, I've heard it's a pretty depressing "crying game" but also sweet.)

Ripples (A Kinetic Visual Novel. Completed, wish it was longer.)

Perhaps I should start a thread about what games people would suggest to a mac user.

Regarding Narcissu, you are gonna cry...A LOT.. It's a great game nevertheless.

EDIT: I just realized you posted that 3 years ago Lool i thought I was reading the most recent replies haha

Finally finished Sachi's route on Grisaia. Only took me 3 weeks, but it was worth it. And I cried. I cried like the lil' bitch I am.

Dunno about the rest of the routes, but from this one alone I can see why this VN is regarded to be a good one. AND I GET SACHI WALLPAPERS AFTERWARDS ^.^

Well right now i am playing:

Little Busters!: i am in Kuds route but honestly thinking about dropping it, so far the VN didn't really impress me.

Cross Channel: finished Miki's route, so far one of the top VNs i played.

Kara no Shoujo: I dropped it a few weeks ago, didn't impress me, also i realized there was a prequel to it.

the VNs i have finished so far:

Katawa Shoujo: 9/10

G-senjou no Maou: 7/10

Saya no Uta: 9/10

Narcissu: 10/10 a masterpiece !

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o Amakute Hoshikute Torokeru Chuu: [only for "entertainment" purposes], does its job, i give it a 10/10 :wub:

Finished Hatsuyuku Sakura. I wasn't expecting much from it, but I was pretty impressed in the end. What acts like a moege tries its best to push its way into the utsuge territory, and while it does fall back onto nakige (and its magical twists) in some parts, the majority of the endings actually end on a pleasantly bittersweet note. It actually tackles its darker themes more responsibly than I expected it to at first, and for that the writer has my respect. What I can't praise is the author's tendency to write twists just for the sake of having twists at places (there are a few random ones) and his habit of outright skipping fight scenes altogether (why even have them in, then?), but those are my only complaints about the writing. Not much to say about the art, but the OST is easily the highlight of this VN - it quickly made its spot amongst my favourites.

All in all, a very enjoyable 8/10 from me, definitely give it a read if you're looking for some feels with entertaining comedy and interesting plot.

Other than that, I've slowly resumed Sui (finally!), and I'm making my way through Meakashi. I think I'm around the last third, but damn this arc is long! :D More and more of dai's goodness is sneaking its way into the OST, and Ryukishi's hilarious writing is reaching a legendary status in my head. It feels hilarious and endearing in a different language, but I do have to wonder how I would feel about reading something like this in my native language. At the very least, I can definitely see why some people hate it. :D

Anyway, now that I'm done with HatsuSaku, I might get back to re-reading Kara no Shoujo and then finally jump on that sequel... or maybe go back and read Cartagra first.

I'm thinking about selling some moecrap I touglessly purchased and I will probably never play:

- Da Capo I limited edition (mangagamer)

- Da Capo II limited edition (mangagamer), 1 sealed copy and 1 opened copy

- Clannad FULL VOICE (PC jap)

- Tomoyo After -Memorial Edition- ("all ages", PC, jap)

- Air -standard edition- (PC, jap)

- Yukizakura (JAST USA)

- Steins Gate PSVITA (regular, EU, sealed) (This is not moecrap but I also have the EU ltd edition and the JAP PC, that's why I'm selling it)

- Period (jap)

- Little witch Romanesque -adult perfecta- (JAST USA)

Not really sure if I'm violating the rules with this post, actually.

As far as I know, you're not violating the rules, but you are derailing.  If you seriously want to sell them, make a new thread (VN Talk would probably still be fine) and make all the arrangements via PMs.

I'd post this in the Swan Song VN Club thread, but I don't want to double post  :vinty:  Finished the Normal end last night, and man, that was really fucked up.  The one thing that really confused me, though, was

how there was a "wrong" buzzer when you picked the wrong choice and clapping and cheering when you picked the right choice during the massacre at the school.  It really ruined the immersion and was extremely strange, considering the current tone and the events going on.  Don't get me wrong, it was pretty funny, but I have absolutely no idea why it was there in the first place.

I'd post this in the Swan Song VN Club thread, but I don't want to double post  :vinty:  Finished the Normal end last night, and man, that was really fucked up.  The one thing that really confused me, though, was

how there was a "wrong" buzzer when you picked the wrong choice and clapping and cheering when you picked the right choice during the massacre at the school.  It really ruined the immersion and was extremely strange, considering the current tone and the events going on.  Don't get me wrong, it was pretty funny, but I have absolutely no idea why it was there in the first place.

It was meant to help illustrate Amako losing himself to madness in the moment.