What are you playing?

Played through a lot of alchemist meister but started to get bored of the gameplay so I guess I will take a break from it O.o

The story seems a bit weak too as it seems to focus more on the gameplay so it's not one I would put on my list but it's still play worthy for me.

Currently playing Demonbane.

I was insta-sold by the setting being in Arkham City and all the Lovecraft references, even though I knew it wouldn't be anything like the original stuff (12-year-old-looking-girl Necronomicon, anyone?).

It's basically throwing lots of Cthulhu myth related stuff in a story resembling your typical battle shônen, with mechas...

Still, it's good on the fighting part and goes on parody on the other part, and can be really funny.

The H-scenes, especially, are laughingly ridiculous (enormous boobs, insanely huge dicks, tentacle rapes, etc...).

It's a bit long though, each time I think the final is coming, there's yet some other twist interrupting the fights and the hero/the villains become even more powerful... and it's just the first route!

It seems G-senjou no Maou is quite popular on this forum, so I decided to give it a shot.

The second time, in fact. I tried already, but...

Characters are... bad. I mean, they're so flat and cliche (except Eichi, I guess), It's kinda annoying.

Is it supposed to be like this? Does it get better?

It seems G-senjou no Maou is quite popular on this forum, so I decided to give it a shot.

Characters are... bad. I mean, they're so flat and cliche (except Eichi, I guess), It's kinda annoying.

May I ask how far have you reached so far in playing this game?

G Senjou no Maou is my first VN, and as for me, I really enjoyed it!.. The story is full of twists, turns, and unexpected developments, from the time that Maou appeared all the way to the VN's ending..

The characters may appear flat at first, but since you would pass all the chapters of the heroines (supposedly), these chapters would define the characters and would give them a much more solid background.

Hope I did my spoiler right ^^

If you get that impression, those are just their facade :P/> Except the poor damsel, most of them have their own unique touch that's hard for me to forget.

Finished up the Tsugumi arc in Ever 17. 2 down, 2 to go for the true ending. I think I'm gonna take a break from Ever 17 though and play either Steins;Gate or Fate/stay night. Anyone prefer one over the other?

Both of them are solid. Ask yourself if you want a more fantasical setting (FSN) or realistic setting (S;G) :)

In between exams and Symphonic Rain i haven't had any time to come on the forums, and i finally pop back in after finishing Symphonic Rain. It's awesome, and i would definitely recommend it to everyone although unfortunately its not on the Fuwanovel site. I'm deciding what to play next, and what catches my eye are Sharin no Kuni, Katahane and Sekien no Inganock.

Reading through Kagetsu Tohya right now. As expected it's really funny. Though the highligt so far was the side story told from Akiha's perspective. I really don't get why Nasu just doesn't go ahead and write a story with a female protagonist since he's really great at writing them. Here's hoping that the next Mahoyo will feature Aoko as the protagonist.

Playing through Kara no Shoujo once again, this time doing the True End I had left aside for replay.

This is so fucking great.

Reading through Kagetsu Tohya right now. As expected it's really funny. Though the highligt so far was the side story told from Akiha's perspective. I really don't get why Nasu just doesn't go ahead and write a story with a female protagonist since he's really great at writing them. Here's hoping that the next Mahoyo will feature Aoko as the protagonist.

KT is the only VN where I actually enjoyed a lot the gameplay part, it was so fun. And I remember scenes that had me laughing the whole read...

Be sure to unlock all the side stories, some of them are very good.

Hoshizora no Memoria. Probably the longest common route I've ever seen in a VN like this. Just finished up my first route (Komomo) and was quite satisfied at how it all turned out. They make it a little too obvious that you're being misled, though. Now to decide decide between Aoi or Asuho for my next route...

Hoshizora no Memoria. Probably the longest common route I've ever seen in a VN like this. Just finished up my first route (Komomo) and was quite satisfied at how it all turned out. They make it a little too obvious that you're being misled, though. Now to decide decide between Aoi or Asuho for my next route...

Yep, the common was so long and awesome :) best common I read so far.

And Mokoko route was really awesome. Also you have now unlocked Kosame route if you want so you might want to finish that before going for the other arc (Aoi and Chinami).

Just finished Lunaris Filia and started Witch's Garden. Former is, well, ordinary moe with some good funny scenes, pretty graphics and short drama-based routes (i hate drama in moe. Da-a-aikirai.). Witch's Garden koso mada wakaranai. But there are Kawashima Rino, one of my favorite seyuu's and game engine has no trouble with my habit of reading VN in full screen while launching ITH, Chiitrans and whatever else on other monitor. And that E-mote animation looks maybe not so great as hyped about, but nice anyway. Hope it would be good reading.

I'm working through Katawa Shoujo, which has some of the best stories I've ever experienced. Pretty amazing for a community-created game and it has a very unique theme to it. I'm surprised it took me this long to get to it, honestly, but it has been one hell of a busy year. I played Shizune's story and now I'm caught up in Lilly's. It is really, really good... I just don't always have the time to devote to getting lost in it so it is taking me quite a while to get through.

I've also been slowly plodding through the Japanese in Aile's Friends, which has some gorgeous artwork (look it up, totally worth it). But it's taking me a while too. ^_^

I can't bring myself to read any VN because of college, work, and more importantly, I've been reading The Godfather and The Brothers Karamazov for the first time, awesome literature :D Still, I tried to play a different VN than what I'm currently playing, my first Shuumon Yuu's VN - Tenshi no Hane, for a change of pace. It's good so far, trap protagonist with a serious plot in a very unusual setting, modern medieval setting. Strangely very readable with Atlas even though it's written by Yuu, maybe because it's his easiest work I guess... I need to finish the brothers soon.

I finished Katawa Shoujo just recently and I must say I'm impressed. I personally enjoyed Lilly and Emi's routes :D And even more recently I just finished Tomoyo After, the ending was just beautiful. I really liked it, even though it left me heartbroken...

Anyways, anyone here finish the minigame in Tomoyo After? How was it? I stopped at around floor 20 LOL

Currently playing Narcissu side 2nd but a bit too scared to face the ending..

Himeko passed away... right?

So i've been downloading other VNs to stock before preparing myself for the worst...

I felt the same way when I first played through side 2nd. I kept putting it off for the longest time because I knew the end was inevitable T_T

Yes, she does end up dying. She originally plans on committing suicide but decides against it, so it would be safe to say she passed away from her illness.