What are you playing?

I was trying to read YU-NO, got a bad end and I'm so frustrated I've not opened the game in a week. For your sanity, use a walkthrough.

Yeah, already doing so. The download I got included both a text and image walkthrough and just taking a look at it made me realize that I definitely should use one.  :lol:

^^ Aye, it was pretty forgettable overall, but that's kinda true of the side routes themselves anyway.

The only bad end I really even remember from that game was Mizuha's. As G-senjou was my first visual novel, I'm not even sure how it would stand up now. I really should reread it sometime.

Yeah, already doing so. The download I got included both a text and image walkthrough and just taking a look at it made me realize that I definitely should use one.  :lol:

I can't print the image walkthrough on a single A4 sheet of paper and the text one is literally 7 pages long O.o

You didn't like Gakuto's route?  :/  I thought it was one of the better side routes, honestly, aside from Kazama's.  Most of the others were of kinda low quality or were just there for h-scenes, so yeah, I'm not surprised you didn't like them that much.

I did kinda like it, just not enough to have an impression of it. It was one of the easier side routes to read, but nothing particularly stood out to me.

I really enjoyed the anime and it's free on PS plus JP. I think it's worth a go, pretty sure it's popular over there too, no?

You mean in Japan? Yeah i think it is.

Will start playing it then. Since if the anime is good the original would be much better right? ^_^

Well, just finished Sayonara wo Oshiete ~Comment te Dire Adieu~. What a VN... it was so unique that I don't even know how to talk about it in fear of spoiling things. :D

I will put the basic outline of the plot in spoiler tags just in case you want to know absolutely nothing at all about the VN - there aren't actually any real spoilers there outside of the prologue scene:

The story follows a trainee teacher, Hirosuke Hitomi, and his struggle with the mundane repetition of his tiring duties. As his stress grows, so does his anxiety. He constantly sees nightmares of an angel and a monster, but are they really just nightmares? As nightmares become reality, and reality becomes a nightmare, the protagonist slowly but surely descends into madness...

Sayonara wo Oshiete is definitely the best denpa I've read so far. It should come as no surprise, but as such it also deals with some really disturbing imagery - in fact, I would go as far to say that this was probably the most disturbing thing I've ever read, and I've read a lot of things that are quite out there. The horror here isn't as much in gore (although it has its fair share of graphic content), but in the implications. The author rarely ever tells you anything straight, and that makes everything all that much worse, forcing the readers to torture themselves with their own imagination. The writing is definitely my favourite part of the VN, as it can be both erratic and completely nonsensical, but also roundabout but poetic. The entire VN is written in the NVL format, and the author takes full advantage of this, writing more of a novel rather than the usual ADV narrative. Another highlight of the VN is the haunting but beautiful OST - and while dated and odd at times, I can't help it but enjoy the art a lot too. Though I like old KEY art as well, so take this opinion with a grain of salt.

Overall, Sayonara wo Oshiete is an amazing 9/10. There's nothing else quite like it - and if psychological horror, more specifically denpa, is your thing, you should absolutely give it a read. Just remember... this story is not for the faint of heart. :)

Well, just finished Sayonara wo Oshiete ~Comment te Dire Adieu~. What a VN... it was so unique that I don't even know how to talk about it in fear of spoiling things. :D

I will put the basic outline of the plot in spoiler tags just in case you want to know absolutely nothing at all about the VN - there aren't actually any real spoilers there outside of the prologue scene:

The story follows a trainee teacher, Hirosuke Hitomi, and his struggle with the mundane repetition of his tiring duties. As his stress grows, so does his anxiety. He constantly sees nightmares of an angel and a monster, but are they really just nightmares? As nightmares become reality, and reality becomes a nightmare, the protagonist slowly but surely descends into madness...

Sayonara wo Oshiete is definitely the best denpa I've read so far. It should come as no surprise, but as such it also deals with some really disturbing imagery - in fact, I would go as far to say that this was probably the most disturbing thing I've ever read, and I've read a lot of things that are quite out there. The horror here isn't as much in gore (although it has its fair share of graphic content), but in the implications. The author rarely ever tells you anything straight, and that makes everything all that much worse, forcing the readers to torture themselves with their own imagination. The writing is definitely my favourite part of the VN, as it can be both erratic and completely nonsensical, but also roundabout but poetic. The entire VN is written in the NVL format, and the author takes full advantage of this, writing more of a novel rather than the usual ADV narrative. Another highlight of the VN is the haunting but beautiful OST - and while dated and odd at times, I can't help it but enjoy the art a lot too. Though I like old KEY art as well, so take this opinion with a grain of salt.

Overall, Sayonara wo Oshiete is an amazing 9/10. There's nothing else quite like it - and if psychological horror, more specifically denpa, is your thing, you should absolutely give it a read. Just remember... this story is not for the faint of heart. :)

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I need to read this so fucking bad I cant even ;W;.

Im FINALLY almost done with coµ holy shit that was long (good that I begun an even longer one right after lol)

Im finishing up eden* so I can start G-senjou no Maou, its been long overdue with me reading it.

I miiiiiiight try to read majikoi again soon, I need to give it an extra chance because i dont feel like I gave it a fair judgement when I dropped it. (I just hope the humor gets better than in an mediocre harem anime)

This should be the moment when I write that I have been ocuppied with work and could't post anything for a while but in reality I just completely forgot one day and the day after...and the day after...and now that I decided to start with Japanese again I remembered that I had an account on this forum.

I tought Ritsuko was the best girl aswell. She just looks so cute when she is flustered  :kosame: .

But after I played Ayaka's she took the spot as my favourite with Ritsuko close second. 

Huh.  Fair enough.  I expected something a little more interesting, though  :P

Right?  Plus, that scene early in her route where she was jealous and hiding behind a tree and just glaring was hilarious.  Chibi Ritsuko is so cute.

I've heard that Ayaka's route is one of the best routes in the VN.  I'm gonna be stalling for My Girlfriend is the President, though, so I gotta wait  :/

When people get to know me "Interesting" is not a word they would use to describe me xD

Oh now I remebered that I left Miyako's route incomplete after my HDD broke and decide to replace everything. And the True Route aswell (dont' know what's this about).

So yeah my night is full it seems  :makina:

Hey, that's my line!  I seem weird and interesting on the outside, but I'm really just boring as a bunch of rocks.  Really, really boring rocks that don't have any cool markings and aren't shaped in cool ways.

Talking about Majikoi?  If you are, then Miyako's route is pretty meh, aside from her character development.  Mostly just fap fodder until you get to the end, unfortunately.  Minato Soft really packed the h-scenes in there.

OK, I finished Rio's route in Imouto Paradise. At first I thought she was completely best girl, h scenes are the bomb, funny lines, etc. The deeper I got into it, the worse it got. For a good eight-ish h scenes the protag literally uses Rio to jack off. Nothing more, no romance, not even regular sex, and throughout it all he does is say crude jokes. As I finally get on her route I was thinking it would get better.

N o p e

Oh hey, I just now think you are a girl and more than my imouto! Still going to have wierd sex with you though and treat you like an object. 

Up to this point I went from super hype to meeeeeeeeh this is trash. Fast forwarding some, Rio now needs medical attention, and MC finally realizes Rio isn't just his imouto/sex toy, but instead a girl he loves. So, he rushes her to the hospital trying to get her there as fast as he can. Rio had to stay a few days but luckily nothing happened. When she gets back MC says he loves her, she says she loves him, and I start to get happier. The other imouto's are there to witness and decide to give them alone time. After they leave the last h scene begins, and it was awesome. There was flirtation, MC not being a dick, instead he uses his dick for normal sex, and they kept referring to each other as a couple. Basically  more lovey-dovey than anything else in the route. 

The beginning of the route was promising, the middle was shit, and the very end redeemed some of it. 

After all is said and done we get the amazing swimsuit CG and I am way happier. Rio still cute has hell.

HyOuGSa.jpg

I now have Hiyori's and the harem route. Aya is currently the best route and Koharu not far behind. With the two sub-par routes in a row, I can only hope the remaining two aren't shit.

I'm currently reading Ruitomo and oh my god it's sooo hard to read.  Despite that the characters are awesome, the story is weird but also interesting and Tomo is a really good trap protagonist. I kinda wish that he would be a girl instead. :rolleyes: