What are you playing?

Welcome to the infinite VN, fellow reader. :D For the 'proper order' most of the new arcs in the first 'file' assume that you've read Watanagashi at least, so you might go with that - or just leave them all for last. You can actually get all of them from the common route (includin'g Natsumi's, Someutsushi), even if it gives you the choice in the scenario select, just somehting I found interesting.

Also the cut content will get worse the further you get. The first season is still good, believe me... Kai gets so bad that entire characters get cut, but I suppose we should've expected no less from DEEN.  :amane:

And Satoko is still worst girl, normal moments or not.

The most shocking thing that they cut in Onikakushi so far is

the fact that, after getting Keiichi all riled up with the curse talk at the festival, Tomitake turns around and then points out that it's all a coincidence and by the end he's saying there's no way it'll happen again this year. Much, much different from the way they end it in the anime.

Oh and lol hi Rina. If I remember correctly YOU didn't show up until Tatarigoroshi in the anime.

(And then you were just a corpse... you don't show up as a character in the anime until Kai

Still playing Majikoi, just finished Miyako's route, It was pretty good actually, the first half is so freaking boring and such a drag, but later on it gets good and it gets real good, it worked out really well because the first half was so boring, so the climb to the climax felt pretty intense. Going to do Mayucchi's route next, also does anyone know if you get CGs in bad ends or it has nothing to do with CGs? 

Keiichi's first meeting with Ooishi in the VN is so utterly and completely different from the one in the anime it's not even funny. I mean yeah they had to cram in a bunch of backstory and exposition, but the entire feel of the Onikakushi chapter of the anime is COMPLETELY WRONG. I'm starting to see why people who play the games are so pained by the anime.

I am finalizing Eden*, seems remained another 2-3 hours of reading nothing...

Unbelieable boring thing. Even that it was supposed to be short one, it lasts for virtually forever... I am reading and reading and reading how nothing and nothing and nothing happens... Tons and tons of text without any movements. I suppose only good part in this VN was the reminiscence part, but the main chapter is so slow and tedious that it is barely bearable...

Overall it is not bad, but I already got an emotional impact with characters hours and hours ago and lasting that for forever just gets me annoyed and anxious to finish that ASAP even if a bear comes and kill everyone! :)

On gfx part - do not like the animated eyes. They somehow look like insects with wings (some sort of bug) on the face, when you read and concentrated on text and see with your backsight character eyes got closed/opened. Quite disturbing.

On the good side - backgrounds are REALLY good, especially sky backgrounds. A joy for the eye.

/* upd finished. nothing really changed from my previous opinion.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. At chapter 4, like it so far but its been a few months since I last read a visual novel. But I like the way AkabeiSoft do things by dedicating a chapter to each heroine, did the same in G-Senjou no Maou and I found it appealing as hell.

I've finished Makina's route from Grisaia and I can say it was much better than Yumiko's. But it was just good, nothing extraordinary. It started off slowly, but it was much better than a silly, underdeveloped plot. It didn't have much romance but it was okay the way it was. Yuuji and Makina's relationship didn't feel really romantic.

Yumiko's route had a better flashback scene, though. It was longer and we got to see more of Yumiko's inner self. My major complaint about Makina's route is that on the second half it kept jumping from dark moments to happy moments every time, breaking the mood, instead of slowly progressing the tension as a whole. The plot also didn't move exactly, it was just repeating itself and emphasizing itself until it hit a certain point.

And we got to see more about Yuuji. That was good.

Anyway, next route will be Michiru's. Makina's route didn't surpass my expectations. I just hope the next routes can do it...

Finally started reading Comyu! This main character looks so badass, but his personality is just so.. not badass, lol

Keiichi's first meeting with Ooishi in the VN is so utterly and completely different from the one in the anime it's not even funny. I mean yeah they had to cram in a bunch of backstory and exposition, but the entire feel of the Onikakushi chapter of the anime is COMPLETELY WRONG. I'm starting to see why people who play the games are so pained by the anime.

As far as I remember a lot of people actually weren't all too pained by Higurashi's adaptation, it was considered one of the better ones at the time, which is still a relative thing I guess. Also I remember you talking about reading the ps3 version? I think it actually has quite a bit of new content compared to the original sound novels.

The new content comes in the form of whole new arcs, I don't believe they added anything to the original arcs.

I really wonder... even if its just a few sentences or some new CGs with a lot more details, I think there are some of those minor differences. It might be an exact copy of the sound novels, I can't say because I didn't read Sui, but from what I've heard and read from other people it has minor stuff like that, which they didn't remember reading in the sound novels.

The new content comes in the form of whole new arcs, I don't believe they added anything to the original arcs.

The arcs themselves (at least the original ones) are generally the same, although there were some structuring edits (and therefore some changed details) since the VN switched to a common route format starting with Matsuri (the PS2 remake). This mostly only applies to the SoL stuff, though, and even if there were edits to the actual arcs, they were very minor (for example Satoko is no longer running around naked in Tatarigoroshi for obvious reasons, cue MG meltdown here). The TIPS section also has a bit different structuring, but this again also has mostly to do with the common route and the new arcs.

The ending was also reworked completely into a new arc, but from what I've heard Sui has Matsuribayashi again, so that doesn't really matter. I think there weren't that many complaints about the adaptation because this was actually DEEN's best attempt at adapting anything of this scale. The question arcs themselves were actually quite intact (even if there were some differences, it still at least made perfect sense without reading the VN, which you can't say about Umineko even ignoring the fact they didn't adapt Chiru at all), and that is why the first season is regarded quite well. Kai was where it all kind of crashed, probably mostly due to their weird pacing and arc selection, but even with entire (very important) characters missing, it again at least made sense on its own. That's my take on it, anyway.

Started reading No, Thank You!!!

This is only the 2nd yaoi VN I've read, the other being Hadaka Shitsuji.

I'm digging the airheaded protagonist; it's a nice change of pace. The jazz bar setting is pretty cool too.

Spent the past few days Finishing up Majikoi, Finished Mayucchi, all sub routes, and Momoyo route, and what I have to say is

Mayucchi's route was pretty good, she was cute, and shy, and she finally overcame her problem of having matsukaze talk in place of her.

The sub routes.....Chika's was pretty decent,I ctrled through Mayo because i'm not interested in lolis, and Kojima-sensei's route was too short.
Momoyo's route is hands down best route so far because of Kawakami War, and how Yamato received help from everyone in order to win Momoyo over,and it was freaking hilarious when Capt fell for momo senpai

I'm saving Agave route for when the Majikoi S patch comes out, they day it comes out, I'm gonna go finish Agave and go straight to S, for now I'm gonna go finish up Comyu - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku, I'v had that on hold for a while. 

I'm saving Agave route for when the Majikoi S patch comes out, they day it comes out, I'm gonna go finish Agave and go straight to S, for now I'm gonna go finish up Comyu - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku, I'v had that on hold for a while. 

That's... kind of weird. You realize that S doesn't continue off of Agave, right?

That's... kind of weird. You realize that S doesn't continue off of Agave, right?

Basically what I'm saying is I'm putting The Agave route on hold until S is translated, and when S is translated , I'll finish Agave route and dive straight to S so It feels like there is no blank space in between, kind of like how you would want to play a game and its sequel in continuity without playing anything else in between. I Know S is a Sequel to Majikoi, but I didn't know it was a sequel to the Agave route, do you need to get the hermit crab and future without relationship endings in the Original Majikoi or does S fill that in automatically? 

I'm in chapter 3 of No, Thank You!!!

Reading it along side Hoshimemo is a pretty stark contrast. It really does involve some horrible stuff.

Like mother-son incest played straight in the context of child abuse and an emaciated child complete with a sprite to reflect that.  The later hit me pretty bad.

Overall, It's a pretty interesting read and I like how some of the story flags are handled.

Ha. I'm reaching the end of Onikakushi in Higurashi Sui and I couldn't help but laugh when

(Note: this is a major over-arching Higurashi spoiler, not just for Onikakushi.)

Keiichi is confronting Mion about the 'needle' in the riceball and when Mion says she didn't think he would take it that badly he actually thinks 'This isn't the same level as if she had just put tabasco in it or something!!' which is hilarious and evil on R07's part because that is literally what she actually did. I see what you did there R07.

Ha. I'm reaching the end of Onikakushi in Higurashi Sui and I couldn't help but laugh when

Keiichi is confronting Mion about the 'needle' in the riceball and when Mion says she didn't think he would take it that badly he actually thinks 'This isn't the same level as if she had just put tabasco in it or something!!' which is hilarious and evil on R07's part because that is literally what she actually did. I see what you did there R07.

I've got a feeling I just had a huge spoiler as someone who only read Onikakushi.