What are you playing?

Still working my way through Asuho's route. 

I'm up to the bit after you get back together with Asuho after -drama- happens. Nothing too special so far, and even though the jealousy aspect over Yume is a pretty solid setup to allow -drama- to happen, it felt a little rushed and what ended up triggering everything feels a little contrived ( though contrived reasoning and circumstances are just a hazard of the medium I guess).  Had a nice resolution though and Asuho is still cute as shit.

Started reading Princess Evangile.  Still in chapter 1, so not much has happened yet.  That cat is an asshole, though.

Best line so far:

Masaya: "I'm not following you, I'm just in a hurry."

Student: "In a hurry to RAPE ME?!"

Japan, you never disappoint.

Put it on hold for a while, yeah.  Thought a good moege would be a nice change of pace, since all I've been reading lately is srs bsns VNs.

I love the art  <3  It may be kinda generic, but I looooove it.  Ritsuko is adorable.  And yes, the irony is not lost on me that an eroge is set in a Christian private school.

I like how the writers stealthed the religion aspect ie. iirc they will state several times that it's not officially a Christian school and that most of the characters aren't even religious but yeah them writers gotta sneak in them Bible proverbs about Jesus and whatnot somehow :Kappa:

BbRdJw1.png

Really...

^^ I thought Princess Evangile was pretty good for a light read, though it's the very definition of mediocre in my opinion. (As always) Best girl didn't even get a route.

Don't worry, I'm not expecting another Grisia no Kajitsu or G-senjou no Maou.  Light reading is great sometimes.  I'll occasionally read picture books for absolutely no reason if I'm getting burned out on a long book.

I like how the writers stealthed the religion aspect ie. iirc they will state several times that it's not officially a Christian school and that most of the characters aren't even religious but yeah them writers gotta sneak in them Bible proverbs about Jesus and whatnot somehow :Kappa:

But...there's a frickin' nun as the homeroom teacher.  Of course, none of the students seem to be religious, but still, it's pretty amusing.  Last place you'd think an eroge would be set.  inb4 Jesus cameos.

Oh, duh.  Fetish.  Man, I can be so dense sometimes.

Still working my way through Asuho's route. 

I'm up to the bit after you get back together with Asuho after -drama- happens. Nothing too special so far, and even though the jealousy aspect over Yume is a pretty solid setup to allow -drama- to happen, it felt a little rushed and what ended up triggering everything feels a little contrived ( though contrived reasoning and circumstances are just a hazard of the medium I guess).  Had a nice resolution though and Asuho is still cute as shit.

Yes, Asuho is indeed cute as shit.  One of my favorite heroines from Hoshimemo, even though she's not the best girl, in my opinion.  Her route is the better drama route, actually.  There's ones that have some actual meaning (Komomo, Kosame, and I guess the secret heroine), the fanservice routes (Chinami, Mare), and then there's the drama routes (Isuzu, Asuho).  Asuho's is way better than what I saw of Isuzu's.

What's your route order, by the way?  I mean, yeah, it's partially enforced, but still.

Demonbane looks really good, and people have recommended it to me because it suits my taste, but i'm kinda of hesitant about it because i heard that the voices are messed up with the playstation to PC port. Does the voices play without issues for you? 

I thought it was intentional that the voices played only at certain moments, for budget reasons or something. After the initial wondering where the voices went, the scarce use of voiced lines didn't bother me at all. In fact it made it so that the parts were the voices played felt extra awesome. You get used to the fact that not every part is voiced, don't worry about that.

My first route through demonbane was absolutely amazing. I love how it's always so over the top, yet serious in all its silliness.

The action is awesome and there's sense of advancement so the fights don't get stale. The characters are interesting, even the bad guys don't feel completely stupid and are actually interesting. And the banter between the characters is something else. Demonbane is just too fun. 

Slowly pushing through the KonoSora common route. There are some likeable moments, but I'm not so sure this was the best idea. Motivation to read dying... :D

Wow. That was quite the interesting read. I'm kind of disappointed now that I could not experience the "full" novel myself since it'd have probably changed my opinion of it, my second main complain being the lack of development of most of the characters (the first being the MC himself, but it's a matter of taste - I can't argue he was perfect for the story).

I'll really try to give that VN another look later this year while it's still fresh in my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if I enjoyed it a bit more. Thank you for your advice and, of course, for your translation!

Yeah, I also think it's a great shame that Noah is a console only release, it's the definitive version of the story, and the original is quite lacking in comparison. But 5pb. is going to 5pb., they love their console exclusives, and for some reason they love exclusives on consoles who no one owns even more. :/ Thought I'd write up those summaries at least, though it obviously doesn't compare to reading the real thing.

Finished the first of the two routes in Flowers. The ending was crappy sequel-bait since I'm pretty sure Innocent Grey is dedicated to putting out 4 games in this series (one for each season). I guess the ending was about as satisfactory as an Umineko ending, where they cliffhang so you're driven to buy the next game to see what happens next.

I still have to see the other ending before making my final review, but I'll say right now that the writing, CG, and some of the songs are absolutely divine in this game, while the character design, mystery segments and just general low-budget feel of the game (hardly any character sprites, a tracklist that has to have less than 10 or so songs most of which only play once or twice and one or two of which play almost constantly) are absolutely mediocre. If it wasn't for the CG and some of the really amazing musical bits I would have preferred to just read this as a novel.

But anyway I'll go into more detail in my final review. For now it's time to see what the crappy 2nd path is like (I say crappy because getting the path essentially requires you to do everything wrong, and I can only imagine how awkward and bizarre that story is going to get).

The plan is to do the standard: Asuho -> Komomo -> Kosame -> Isuzu -> Chinami. I usually try to save what most people think of as the best route for last, but given the enforced playing order and the secret routes, not happening this time. I'll just settle on having the best girl (Chinami) come last.

I am currently playing fruit of grisaia, and to be honest it is really a great VN. The cast is pretty interesting (I utterly love makina´s rough talk, cutest drill sergeant ever), and the story has enough interesting content to keep you doing. One thing I adore about this VN is that despite the fanservice-ish setting, it really has some sobering themes and there were times when I was like ''Oh my god, this cant be happening''. 

Actually I am open to suggestions too. I have few VNs in reserve but there is shortage of them always.

Finished Sora route in Ever17: while I do agree with Funyarinpa that there were both feelings and intrigue in that path, I would probably have been more affected emotionally if the plot hadn't taken a turn I did not especially enjoy.

I'm really not fond of cheating and, whereas the cheating with Tsugumi was great for the overall plot, it lowered the respect I had for Takeshi and thus the strength of my reactions to his subsequent suffering and sacrifices.

Soras's reactions were so adorable though. :sachi: Now, onto Tsugumi, whose tsundere side is really getting on my nerves even if I have a relatively clear idea of why she acts like that.

From what I remember, Tsugumi's and Sora's routes are nearly identical. While it does make sense, it's a shame. Well, at least you'll get to the true route faster I guess, that's where the goodness is. :D

Playing If My Dick Had Wings. I've literally just started, and I've fallen in love with the art and Ageha already.

Damn, Ageha is awesome. She's got that Makina grin.   :makina:

Oh, fellow victim. Enjoy Ageha while you still can - that is, until you get into her route. Then it all goes into shit.  :vinty: