What are you playing?

Aside from SDHQ, I have been playing Imouto Paradise on the side. Not sure if there are really different endings and what not but going for Koharu first. Jesus Christ all mighty do I love this game. 

Koharu best girl.

Michika kinda strange. <_< Unless that's your thing lol. You'll see, mwhaha  :illya:

Making more progress in Senshinkan, I think the only thing I have left now is the final battle. The previous chapter was ridiculous, with so many fights happening at the same time... unfortunately, I can't say they were very exciting though, as they were nothing more but a rehash of what I was already shown. Hopefully the final battle is different, though! And then the endings, which I'm still not quite sure on how they will even work, haha.

Other than that, I've decided to actually go back and wrap up KonoSora, as I've only read Ageha's route before, with the Moenovel translation on top of that. Reading it raw this time around. First (although repeated) impressions? Kotori, despite her cute moments, is annoying as hell. Ageha is still the most fun character, but her route is shit. Amane is... well, weird, and the two twins didn't show up yet, but I'm not holding my hopes up for those from what I remember of the common route. The whole thing is painfully mediocre, but the great presentation kind of holds it all together at least.

So yeah, after I finish Senshinkan, I will hopefully wrap up KonoSora up as well. Hopefully the other routes are at least relatively fun.

playing with myself...after i paused teito hiten again. dont want to ruin its gaming experience, just because i´m in a fairly bad mood (another depression? yeii). need something that makes me really smile right now, tenshin ranman style if possible

Other than that, I've decided to actually go back and wrap up KonoSora, as I've only read Ageha's route before, with the Moenovel translation on top of that. Reading it raw this time around. First (although repeated) impressions? Kotori, despite her cute moments, is annoying as hell. Ageha is still the most fun character, but her route is shit. Amane is... well, weird, and the two twins didn't show up yet, but I'm not holding my hopes up for those from what I remember of the common route. The whole thing is painfully mediocre, but the great presentation kind of holds it all together at least.

Amane is best girl, but I like that particular, harmless flavor of weird. I found Kotori to get less annoying as the VN progresses, since I found her mostly being annoying when she's acting all tsun-tsun, but I don't want to put words in your mouth - maybe you just don't like disabled people. :illya:

Just finished Akatsuki no Goei, I have mixed feelings about this Vn because it has good story for all the heroines, good characters and good comedy that makes me laugh at the most random things, but some of the endings just don't make me feel good, but then again there is a sequel to this that is a long read, and The story probably ends in the sequel, but for this VN alone, it is like a dangling ending for most heroines, the ending is almost incomplete, it can come to an end there, but you can't stop wondering what will happen next because the way the story is setup. for how good the romance and story development is , I have no clue whatsoever because this is the first Vn I have read that is more focused on relationships and love rather than action and storytelling(Every other VN I have read so far is more action packed than this one, and I honestly don't know how I found this under the action tag...well...it had some action in it, a couple fights...not action packed though...moving on...). Really looking forward to the sequel(will be translated into Mandarin soon), but until then, I'm gonna read the Fandisc 

I recently finished Utaware. After playing that, I think that I need a break from bad h-scene execution. I think I'll start playing the all ages version of If My Heart Had Wings. Yeah, that sounds like a nice way to cool my h meter.

Going my way through Rose Guns Days and already at season  I just love this VN even with the differences it has with Ryukishi 7's other works! :D

The setting in which the Vn happens is really well made as well as the character's personalities which greatly takes us in the Vn's world with no way of escaping it until you finish it (at least that's how I feel about it ^^ )

Amane is best girl, but I like that particular, harmless flavor of weird. I found Kotori to get less annoying as the VN progresses, since I found her mostly being annoying when she's acting all tsun-tsun, but I don't want to put words in your mouth - maybe you just don't like disabled people. :illya:

Yeah, definitely... take that, disabled people!  :holo:

But no, I mean the tsun attitude, I find tsundere characters annoying usually - the more tsun they have, the worse. So I hope she gets better later, she's just a bit bothersome in the beginning. Will probably do her route first, since it's apparently praised as the best one too. 

Edit:

Just finished Himatsubushi in Sui. Oh my god, that epilogue killed me with feels, the culmination of utsuge and meta in that part was absolute genius. Sasuga Ryukishi, there's nothing else to even say at this point. :D But what does this even matter, when the Wrap-up Party afterwards was so good that it alone justifies the purchase of this VN?! Side-heroine revolutions! Epic fights over line counts! The birth of the Four Dark Emperors and their evil chuuni ecchi plans!!! Chie-sensei finally evolving into her true Ciel appearance, complete with parody sprites, killing for the glory of curry, accompanied by Umineko sounds!!!!!!!!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING BUT I WANT MORE OF IT!!!!!

Another edit:

Well, I thought the day would never come, but I'm actually done with Senshinkan. Feels weird now that it's over, after how long it took me to finish. It was a very enjoyable ride for the most part, though I have to say that I also felt it was bothersome to read at times - which is also why it took me so long. Can't really blame that on the VN rather than on my Japanese, though I do feel like Masada did mince words a bit too much at times (where he would spell out what was happening to the last letter, even when it wasn't really necessary at times), but there were also moments when those details and incredibly flowery prose were greatly appreciated. My favourite parts were the fights where new mechanics were revealed and the details of its inner workings were explained, and the plot parts dealing with the actual structure of the VN and its setting. It's also those two places though that were most problematic at the same time. As interesting as some of the fights were, there was a number of them that felt like a mere rehash. They were predictable, and save for the ridiculous scope, also rather boring - this applies mainly to the later parts of the VN, though there are exceptions. This also ties directly to the VNs unusual structure, that lead not only into some less than satisfactory fights, but also into a rather unfortunate set of endings. This is a rather objective thing, but I prefer true endings in these sort of stories, for their definitive conclusiveness and impact - and with Senshinkan's solution... well, without spoiling anything, lets just say that the ending gets quite diluted. There was also one part that I didn't quite like, and that was the absurd focus on shiny ethics and heroics in stark contrast to the brutal and gloomy narrative, as it at times liked to switch from one to the other, but I understand that it was a very conscious decision and I'm not going to knock it just because it borrows from Hakkenden so much. Not every chuuni can be the beautifully grim Muramasa, after all.

All in all, I'll give Senshinkan an 8.5. It's definitely worth the read, and I am looking forward to digging into Bansenjin one day. I hope the rumours that it is better than Senshinkan are true. :)

Well, I finally completed the common route in Hoshimemo.

I thought the quality of it was fair. Nothing felt exceptional, but there was some funny moments and I enjoyed reading it in uneven chunks. My most prominent feeling on it is that it felt like it went on a little too long, and generally, I don't say that as I'm a fan of long common routes. 

I ended up liking the whole cast of heroines, though I don't have a strong inclination toward any of them from just from the common route. Just going by the characters themselves, I liked Chinami and Aoi the most (I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion), but it's all close. I'm most interested in reading Komomo and Kosame's route though thanks to how the common route ended up concluding. 

I'm doing Asuho's route first as that's the one most people seemed to recommend starting with.

Recently finished Nanairo Reincarnation.

Though i only play the Main Heroine's route, i can safely say that the Romance between the MC and her is just that good. A pretty good ]achievement considering the setting of the story. 

The twist and one of Main Heroine's ending is a bit unnecessary IMO, but it does fit the title of the VN and executed so beautifully. I can safely say that no matter what you choice The Main Heroine ending are both good ending

I ended up liking the whole cast of heroines, though I don't have a strong inclination toward any of them from just from the common route. Just going by the characters themselves, I liked Chinami and Aoi the most (I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion), but it's all close. I'm most interested in reading Komomo and Kosame's route though thanks to how the common route ended up concluding. 

Finished mizuki's route in yume miru ksuri.Took longer than it should've. Although i took a brake from vn's.

I liked it but it was kind of cg galore.Doing the last one, Nekkoko , I Have great expectations.

Also started Starless , i like  the art...but was clearly not prepared for the game.And i am only at the beginning

at the test to be hired

Just finished Eden* and Chaos;Head (all endings). I quite enjoyed the former (short touching story with decently fleshed out characters - and the fact that it seems I'm a sucker for nakige elements) but could not enjoy the later due to a main character I could hardly stand for most of the story. I believe the community's opinion on that VN is quite split so I won't talk about it too much. :D  

Mor precisly for Eden*, I enjoy characters with troubled pasts and a jaded view on things, even if the military archetype isn't the most imaginative. I still found the story interesting and the ending perfectly adequate.

Now, onto Ever17...

Just finished Eden* and Chaos;Gate (all endings). I quite enjoyed the former (short touching story with decently fleshed out characters - and the fact that it seems I'm a sucker for nakige elements) but could not enjoy the later due to a main character I could hardly stand for most of the story. I believe the community's opinion on that VN is quite split so I won't talk about it too much. :D  

If you are interested in the heroine routes/endings in C;H Noah, you can read the summaries.

If you are interested in the heroine routes/endings in C;H Noah, you can read the summaries.

Wow. That was quite the interesting read. I'm kind of disappointed now that I could not experience the "full" novel myself since it'd have probably changed my opinion of it, my second main complain being the lack of development of most of the characters (the first being the MC himself, but it's a matter of taste - I can't argue he was perfect for the story).

I'll really try to give that VN another look later this year while it's still fresh in my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if I enjoyed it a bit more. Thank you for your advice and, of course, for your translation!

Well, I finally completed the common route in Hoshimemo.

I thought the quality of it was fair. Nothing felt exceptional, but there was some funny moments and I enjoyed reading it in uneven chunks.

I ended up liking the whole cast of heroines, though I don't have a strong inclination toward any of them from just from the common route. Just going by the characters themselves, I liked Chinami and >>Aoi<< the most (I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion), but it's all close.

I got past the first h-scene in Asuho's route.

She's pretty cute. Don't know why I didn't consider her one of my favorites from the common route, as I usually love deredere/childhood friend type characters.

In the end for me it was a tossup b/w Asuho and Komomo for best girl.

Komomo won.