What are you playing?

I have just started on Symphonic Rain. Not sure what to expect since i have seen both very good and very bad opinions of it. The rhythm game section takes some getting used to as well due to somewhat awkward (for me at least) key placements. From what i've seen so far the graphics seem quite subpar for a 2004 VN, and i'm hoping the story will make up for it.

On a side note i thought i'd point out that this VN is not hosted on Fuwanovel, although it's not very famous it does seem to be quite well received from the vndb ratings i see so you guys might want to put this up.

I'm currently playing Cross Channel, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo and Ever17.. Also wrapping up Katawo Shoujo, though I believe I'm almost done clearing all routes..

I'll say Katawa Shoujo is one of the best I've played.. It's unique storyline and even more unique characters, aside from the lack of voice actor (my first VN without one), makes it a lot different than others I've played thus far ^^

Started on Sengoku rance.. It was fun for some hours, comedy and gameplay made a fun game to play. After a while tho it got quite repetetive imo, battles are pretty much the same. With minor variations. The comedy scenes and h-scenes was plenty and good intself but I struck me. Why I am playing this game? For the gameplay? No its rather dull and repetetive. For the story? No. Only the comedy is kinda funny still but, hell its not worth it. So I dropped the game.

Started with Remember 11, lol much better. I feel better already. I started to get a craving for good vn's.

Currently, Im on G Senjou no Maou, will hold out on how I feel about it until I finish at least one route, partway in the 3rd chapter. Not as many choices as I would like, after finishing Canvas 2, and then playing other VN, I have discovered that I seem to really like large numbers of choices, like in Canvas 2, you had a choice every 10 minutes or so almost, some of them didnt even really do anything, lol

Right now I'm trying to read Sekien no Inganock and Shikkoku no Sharnoth.

Graphic style of these novels is just incredible but I can't say the same thing about plot and writing style.

Although, it's very "atmospheric" it's quite boring to read it a lot at once.

I'll finish it anyway, at least because of style and atmosphere.

@Saber - I'm rockin' out to Persona 4 Golden as well, and it's awesome! I loved Persona 3 Portable, but this one is fast proving to be better in (remarkably) every way.

yep, with this I've pretty much played all of the persona series :D really loving it. On my second walkthrough now and it's not getting boring anytime soon.

on the pc though, I am now playing Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, and I'm also enjoying it. The PS3 patch really changes the art and also with the voice, I gotta say it's a lot better than the original.

Cool! So your tablet is intel-based? Me, I'm waiting for Surface to be sold in my country :D/>

Yeah, it's running on Intel Atom with 1GB ram; reasonable enough for me. If you're planning to get surface, I think it'll be better to downgrade to Win 7 so you can play VNs with more compatibility. I remember Win 8 comes with free downgrades.

Hoshizora no Memoria(primary) right now, loving Hoshizora, it's hilarious, not too far into it, but liking it so far

I wonder if any VN can ever bring me that much enjoyment like hoshimemo (and little busters) did, those 2 are the best thing in my life I ever experienced.

There are good ones like Wanko, President (that is super hilarious), and others, but there isn't any other that remains in my heart even after such a long time like LB and Hoshimem do, there isn't a day I don't do anything related to those 2 games, either listen to music from those (hoshimemo sound track is really something, LB as well), look at some images (mare ❤, kud ❤) or just randomly lookup some MAD on nnd or youtube from those 2 xD

So enjoy your time with it :P

Steve, You must try Tiny Dungeon, even if you have to play it.... Ugh..... Using ATLAS (I think a part of me died saying that....) It's just AWESOME, no, actually is so good I want to TL it XDDD

BTW I'm recently playing the last Sono Hanabira Game.... *¬* (All my comments for the game in a simple Smiley, I luv it)

Steve, You must try Tiny Dungeon, even if you have to play it.... Ugh..... Using ATLAS (I think a part of me died saying that....) It's just AWESOME, no, actually is so good I want to TL it XDDD

BTW I'm recently playing the last Sono Hanabira Game.... *¬* (All my comments for the game in a simple Smiley, I luv it)

Hehe there is tons of games I MUST play but like you see, most of them are not translated YET (I have TL tracker for about 25 projects, such as Iroseka (from FAVORITE), Rewrite (from KEY), those are very close to being done).

There are even games I would pay the translators for, such as Kud Wafter, but Jyuichi didn't set any donations. I would pay for Eternal Heart fandisc for hoshimemo so much (well not that much, like 40-60$ xD)

But rather then reading with ATLAS, I will just learn Japanese, the games are not going anywhere so I can read them in few years. (UNLESS!!!!! http://i.imgur.com/yqpYx.jpg )

Well that's true u.u It's a shame Some Awesome games can't be played just because of the Lang.... In these kind of times I say to myself "It was worth those 7 Years of 3-5 Hours daily of Anime (if not more) for learning how to speak and understand Japanese...."

Yeah, that way is the best, learn by doing fun things, Like I mentioned in my intro thread, it is about 8 years since I started using internet outside of Czech sites, I was still watching series with subtitles for at least another 2 or 3 years, I think it was Stargate Atlantis season 3 that I tried without sub because the sub groups had trouble and it was taking few days to make them. Then I for a while helped them make those subs for s4 and s5.

Now I believe I would be able to write a paper or an essay in English, I still sometimes need to lookup how to spell some words but even americans do that all the time. (bigger problem I see is that I use internet slang a lot, even without noticing so I would have to be careful about that)

With Japanese, I started watching anime like a year ago and reading VN's about 10 months ago so I still have a long way to go to at least understand anime, for VNs it will be much harder - I can read kana and I would say I could recognize about 50 kanji.

I might need to find some good guide, there is lots of good ones but they are using the method of mnemonics and those don't work for me, I am used to different methods when learning (all stuff, not just languages), I will just need to somehow use those methods for kanji.