What are you playing?

^Yeah, you get a notification that the main quest will continue on the next difficulty once you finish up all there is to do; I've only been Training once per chapter.

~~

Finished Yumina's route. Not much to say; this VN is enjoyable for what it is so far, nothing spectacular though.

Regarding the bosses, honestly after Chapter 4 they start massively declining in epicness >.> (Nayuta intimidated me waaay more than say, Deele or Karales. And wtf was Barais. That's some Mass-Effect-3-god-child-tier randomness right there -.-)

~~

Planning on Hard mode Kirara next. Or maybe postpone so I can do Comyu for the VN Club...

just finished an octave higher,

I really enjoyed it but can't help feeling i am missing something despite getting all the endings and cg's.

And i am currently reading fate/hollow atraxia and rereading grisia.

Did this one in between because i got curious. But u really should not be reading three vn's at once.

I'm playing Natsuzora Kanata.  I finished Chihaya's route a while back.  I chose her first because she seemed normal & sweet~ so I thought it'd be like a typical, boy meets girl cute summer romance kind of story... umm, well let's just say..things took a very different direction from what I originally thought would happen >_>;  

Now, I'm trying to play through Yuhiko's route.  So far, it's quite amusing because of all the bantering, and teasing within her family.  I guess this would be almost like going for the childhood friend route.

Well I've decided to break my no-H games rule very briefly so I can play through SubaHibi. The Alice in Wonderland references wore me down. I think I'll amend my rule to say 'No H-games unless they reference a work I really like'.

Gotta say though, was not expecting to see the twins from Lucky Star in this game. At first I thought it was just a coincidence until I realized even their names are the same. Of course, considering the kinds of things that apparently happen to the girls in this game I'm not sure if the author likes Lucky Star or hates it, since I personally wouldn't put characters I liked into a VN where horrible things happen to people.

I'm still slowly digging into Cross Channel, doing like one round a week  :vinty:

As a next time, anyone know how bad either of Eushully's Soukoku no Arterial's or Itsuka Megami ZERO's MTL are?  Eushully is getting too tempting.  I need some premium artwork in a game now.  Playing Yumina about two-three months ago really reminded me about how much I don't mind playing games while reading a novel.

On the same matter, anyone got any premium artwork in a title they care to recommend?  Waiting for KoiNatsu to come out in what is hopefully June/July before summer is actually over is also taking its toll.

@toranth, yeah the story & the horde of heroines are really great, same goes 4 its fd as well, but ....
the difficulty level.......is quite something, you know.
not wondering why up until now, there hasnt been made any attempt in picking it up, as far as i know. of course its fairly new, but....
reading it reminded me @my days in school trying to decipher caesar´s bello gallico

@toranth, yeah the story & the horde of heroines are really great, same goes 4 its fd as well, but ....

the difficulty level.......is quite something, you know.

not wondering why up until now, there hasnt been made any attempt in picking it up, as far as i know. of course its fairly new, but....

reading it reminded me @my days in school trying to decipher caesar´s bello gallico

I basically printed out the Wikipedia page about the cast, to try to keep track of whom everyone was... even then, there were parts I basically had to just stop the game to go read history for a while.

The fandisk was worse, because it was an entirely new time period...

But oh, the story was so worth it.

Done with Unmei Yohou o Oshirase Shimasu, another one where best character doesn't have a route. Also with SubuHiki episode 1, it was okay, ominous shit going on but I doubt I'll continue. Doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy. 

^Yeah, you get a notification that the main quest will continue on the next difficulty once you finish up all there is to do; I've only been Training once per chapter.

~~

Finished Yumina's route. Not much to say; this VN is enjoyable for what it is so far, nothing spectacular though.

Regarding the bosses, honestly after Chapter 4 they start massively declining in epicness >.> (Nayuta intimidated me waaay more than say, Deele or Karales. And wtf was Barais. That's some Mass-Effect-3-god-child-tier randomness right there -.-)

~~

Planning on Hard mode Kirara next. Or maybe postpone so I can do Comyu for the VN Club...

It probably would have been better to do Yumina's route last, since the final end "Conclusion" is a direct continuation of the Yumina route

How long is the true end anyway? Is it like a 5 minute read or several hours worth?

Its not 5 minutes but I wouldn't call it several hours maybe another 2-3 hours? You have to go back through and defeat all of the candidates in the student council war. Then you have the real final battle

People generally come to this conclusion in Michiru's route...

I never really understood why. He was being incredibly stupid about the whole thing, yeah, but... I dunno, I guess it didn't strike me as being a jerk.

Well, for most of the routes he either treats her like shit or is a sort of blank slate that barely do anything, alternatively.

And it's not the same kind of "treating her like shit" that he does in other parts of the game, it's kinda stupid.

But you can't really assign that to "Yuuji's personality" considering Michiru's route isn't written by Fujisaki. The gap is quite visible.

The good ending+Epilogue was my favorite part about that route. Not (only) because it ended, but because it has a proper setup & pay off. I'd take an ending like this over the neverending stories about careers and (grand)childs everyday. 

If Michiru's route would've been in a different VN, I'd probably love it. 

I'm trying to balance my reading between totono and Comyu, which works pretty well. Reading totono is obviously way slower, but at the same time it's much more chill and I don't feel as burned out after reading for few hours.

It took me so long to beat the part I think is prologue in totono, though I got the kind of bad end in it first. My in game clock says 20 hrs, but it has been running on the background, so maybe little over 10 hrs.