What are you playing?

So 4 days in with at least 3 hours of gameplay each day, and I just reached the point where Makina sleeps on my lap (and I can see her bewbs). Way to go, my inner lolicon has awakened again.

I bet I haven't even got close to the middle of the prologue, arigatou, frontwing-sama!

Anything I should know about it before I go into it? Since it's older, I'm guessing several features won't be available.

So.  I'm dog sitting until Sunday, so I can't read Majikoi, as I don't want to install the fan patch on someone else's computer, and I'm not going to try CrossChannel again, after what happened last time, so I'm now going to be reading Kanon instead.  Gotta love the VNs that can run entirely off of a flash drive with 0 problems.

Anything I should know about it before I go into it?  Since it's older, I'm guessing several features won't be available.

If you like to save at every (or almost every) choice, do yourself a favor and use a txt editor to open GAMEEXE.INI and change the line that says "#SAVE_CNT=100" to "#SAVE_CNT=256", because 100 save slots are NOT enough.

If you like to save at every (or almost every) choice, do yourself a favor and use a txt editor to open GAMEEXE.INI and change the line that says "#SAVE_CNT=100" to "#SAVE_CNT=256", because 100 save slots are NOT enough.

Some people have a rather good memory :makina:

So 4 days in with at least 3 hours of gameplay each day, and I just reached the point where Makina sleeps on my lap (and I can see her bewbs). Way to go, my inner lolicon has awakened again.

I bet I haven't even got close to the middle of the prologue, arigatou, frontwing-sama!

All I remember concerning kanon is to make some tweaks to have more save slots so u can save on each choice which is kinda necessary in the long run cuz sometimes loading from a certain choice is easier than replaying the whole part before it. Also if I remember correctly, I heard that making ur name into something other than the pronounced mc's name (youichi or smth like that, u can get it from the anime) might cause a glitch in the long run (although nothing happened to me). If I remember how to do the save slot thingy, I will pm u or smth.

Yeaaaah...I do that for every VN I play.  Thanks for the help  ^_^

Anything else I should know?  Does it have a line log, skip unread text function, etc.?  I like my features <3

Yeaaaah...I do that for every VN I play.  Thanks for the help  ^_^

Anything else I should know?  Does it have a line log, skip unread text function, etc.?  I like my features <3

Yeah, definitely has skip, and 99% sure it has a log. No screenshots or memos for saves, though, so you might want to leave empty saves between, say, groups of saves from different routes.

So.  I'm dog sitting until Sunday, so I can't read Majikoi, as I don't want to install the fan patch on someone else's computer, and I'm not going to try CrossChannel again, after what happened last time, so I'm now going to be reading Kanon instead.  Gotta love the VNs that can run entirely off of a flash drive with 0 problems.

Anything I should know about it before I go into it?  Since it's older, I'm guessing several features won't be available.

I don't know how it will be for you but non of the endings or routes really had an impact (?) and sometimes just didn't make sense to me. I was told to watch the anime since it was apparently much better and I just might later on. Anyways it might turn out different for you so please do share your thoughts on it! 

Yeah, definitely has skip, and 99% sure it has a log. No screenshots or memos for saves, though, so you might want to leave empty saves between, say, groups of saves from different routes.

Oh, good.  And I already do that too, so that's no problem.  Yay, my obsessions with details and order are finally useful!

I don't know how it will be for you but non of the endings or routes really had an impact (?) and sometimes just didn't make sense to me. I was told to watch the anime since it was apparently much better and I just might later on. Anyways it might turn out different for you so please do share your thoughts on it! 

Will do.  Always give my two cents about the VNs I finish  ^_^

Oh, good.  And I already do that too, so that's no problem.  Yay, my obsessions with details and order are finally useful!

Will do.  Always give my two cents about the VNs I finish  ^_^

Oh, and 4 of the 5 H-scenes can be avoided, see if you can avoid them all! :P (they're pretty bad)

Oh, and 4 of the 5 H-scenes can be avoided, see if you can avoid them all! :P (they're pretty bad)

Eh, I read the F/SN h-scenes, I think I can handle Kanon's.  If they're worse, then I'm very interested in seeing just how they actually managed to be worse than F/SN's  :P

Eh, I read the F/SN h-scenes, I think I can handle Kanon's.  If they're worse, then I'm very interested in seeing just how they actually managed to be worse than F/SN's  :P

well they are totally not worse in terms of writing (nasu should never touch H_scenes) but however they are totally worse in terms of art and graphics since it's pretty old and key's touch too in the character design ... all made the H-scenes all the less enjoyable for me than fate

well they are totally not worse in terms of writing (nasu should never touch H_scenes) but however they are totally worse in terms of art and graphics since it's pretty old and key's touch too in the character design ... all made the H-scenes all the less enjoyable for me than fate

I'm not a fan of H-scenes in general, but I'll third the opinion that Kanon's are awful, and second Flutterz's advice to avoid the ones you can. I did play both F/SN and Kanon in the last six months, and definitely found Kanon's to be worse in a lot of ways (art, in particular, is a good point, but the writing is awful too - at least I don't recall them being as ridiculously long as F/SN's).

That said, most likely the first time you get a choice like this, it will not be obvious that you are making said choice anyway. I read Mai's route first and was pretty surprised when the H started up out of nowhere. Having no desire whatsoever to see it, I very intentionally avoided Makoto's completely when I saw I was going down that road, but did suffer through the others since I felt at least a niggling bit of interest. I should have squashed that feeling.

Finished Yumina prologue.

Got over the "omg Yumina's voice = Chiho's voice" very quickly; her VA does such a great job characterizing Yumina and being... loud xD 

Other comments

• Will take some time getting used to the static sprites (only the side portraits update with character expressions. #Eyes4everGluedtoBottomLeft
  • Easily caught on that Tomori = LB!'s Komari = GnK's Chizuru voice -.- luckily she's a side character.

Kira Kira~
I think I'm mid-way through Kashiwara's route post-tour. I'm loving it so far. I'll probably love this game more than Deardrops.
It's strange that I played Deardrops first though. I bought these two at the same day years ago but somehow played Deardrops and forget about this.

Finished Adelhait route in Ley Line 2.

Compared to the first game in the series, it improved a lot,

and made Leyline 1 feel more like a mere introduction to the world

(too much fan-service, boring jokes and lack of depth in the worlds story).

But when I started Ley Line 2, it got revamped. I even laughed out loud.

The difference of quality between the two is remarkable.

Looking forward to the last one in this trilogy too.

cf660d8e.jpg

Just got to the threesome scene in Majikoi's hidden route ft. Miyako and Momoyo. I was not looking forward to this route at first but it is firmly holding my belief that Majikoi is one of the best VN's I have read. I have enjoyed all the action so far (even though the super evil Touma was predictable) and feel it is a nice refresher from the more date-y feel of the other routes.

Just got to the threesome scene in Majikoi's hidden route ft. Miyako and Momoyo. I was not looking forward to this route at first but it is firmly holding my belief that Majikoi is one of the best VN's I have read. I have enjoyed all the action so far (even though the super evil Touma was predictable) and feel it is a nice refresher from the more date-y feel of the other routes.

There's threesome route? Majikoi here I come again (I only played Miyako route) I need to play the other routes also tho

you still have a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go.  :sachi:  you lolisiscon

frontwing-sama plz do I have to fail my finals to get even close to the ending of the common route?

Grisaia's common route was a mistake

Don't worry Grisaia will you teach you things so you wont fail