What are you playing?

starting suzukaze & maikaze afterward. need something fluffy cause my girlfriend is away for 6 days.......

edit: regarding MGQ, though the story picks up speed at the end of part 2, its still not like its wasted time from the beginning. enjoyed it pretty much & its been funny too.

and with the xplicit scenes, there´s the ctrl button you know

The Ctrl bttn won't erase the pictures from my eyes, and I can't tell when the H-scene ends if I'm not watching the game. Besides, I don't like the system itself. Plus, it's a nukige.

What're Suzukaze and Maikaze?

Oh, and the post above reminds me: I played Clannad. I enjoyed it a lot. Kotomi is best character because theme song. Also, I dropped it. Nagisa is worst character because boredom.

Lastly, will you be playing Mare's route in "Eternal Heart"?

Is Eternal Heart a special kind of mode that is unlocked after finishing certain routes in Hoshizora no Memoria or is it a sequel...? Read about Eternal Heart a few minutes ago on VNDB, but didn't understand quite what it was about.

Edit: Regarding the topic; I've beaten HuniePop after work (Got 83%, will get back to this some other time) and started Hoshizora no Memoria afterwards. Enjoying it so far, played roughly 3h. 

Is Eternal Heart a special kind of mode that is unlocked after finishing certain routes in Hoshizora no Memoria or is it a sequel...? Read about Eternal Heart a few minutes ago on VNDB, but didn't understand quite what it was about.

It's a fandisc. Kinda hard to explain, you may call it a bonus, or after story for the main game. It includes after story for "mysterious girl", "true route" for Mare and bonus story for other heroines.

And no, it's a completely separated VN, not included in the main game.

It's a fandisc. Kinda hard to explain, you may call it a bonus, or after story for the main game. It includes after story for "mysterious girl", "true route" for Mare and bonus story for other heroines.

And no, it's a completely separated VN, not included in the main game.

Ah I think I get it. Thank you for explaining!

I finally made it through the ridiculously long prologue of Aiyoku no Eustia (the all-ages version on Vita). It was... long. I mean holy cow. I've read the Wheel of Time series and I thought those books went a little overboard on their prologues but when I finally got to the end of the prologue in this game I was convinced I was actually seeing the end of one of the main routes, like a bad end or something. But nope, that's just the intro chapter done! Time to watch the opening theme!... 8 hours in!

That said I do not regret the time I spent and I'm totally looking forward to reading the main story now. I love the setting and the characters and the music and the writing and the art. Well, I love the way the characters are written and I think they're all strong, believable characters, but I'm not really that interested in pursuing romance with Eustia or Eris. Eris is fun to talk to but her personality just rubs me the wrong way. Eustia... is a tough one. Her voice is cute sometimes but most of the time it's just a little too breathy and squeaky so it comes across as really annoying, especially when she's apologizing all the time. Chronic apologizers are one of my least favorite tropes in VNs/anime. And Eustia just has this kind of passive-aggressive way of whining out of nowhere, like she'll be talking and suddenly say "And my master used to beat me, hehe" while still smiling. Maybe in a game where everyone was living a normal life except Eustia that would be fine, but EVERYONE in this game has a horrible life, so it gets frustrating how much Eustia tries to milk people's sympathy.

Now obviously she has a good reason to be doing this which is why I say she's very well written as a character. She's just not a character I'd ever think about romancing, which kind of depresses me since she's obviously the 'true route' of the game (it is named after her after all).

No, I like Fione. Fione is awesome. I'm not sure about the Saint girl or the princess since I haven't really met them yet aside from one or two scenes with the Saint girl being mysterious and holy and stuff, so I can't weigh in on them yet. But Fione is awesome.

Actually if we're being really honest I wish the true route ended with Caim hooking up with Seig. Yowza.

Anyway. Great writing, great music, great atmosphere, great pacing, great game.

I finally made it through the ridiculously long prologue of Aiyoku no Eustia (the all-ages version on Vita). It was... long. I mean holy cow. I've read the Wheel of Time series and I thought those books went a little overboard on their prologues but when I finally got to the end of the prologue in this game I was convinced I was actually seeing the end of one of the main routes, like a bad end or something. But nope, that's just the intro chapter done! Time to watch the opening theme!... 8 hours in!

I know, right?. I chose Aiyoku no Eustia as my first vn to play last year. Three weeks later, the prologue ended and I nearly shat myself.

I can see where you're coming from on that, and I frankly don't blame you since I tend to drop quite a few things as well. Though I would at least try her route for a little while since a character can easily make a turnaround. I don't know what it is about visual novels and why these types of shifts occur, but my impression of heroines very frequently changes between how I see them in the common route and how I see them in their character route. I have a couple notable examples from Hoshimemo. At first, I thought Asuho was a really fun and outgoing character and I went with her route first because she was my favorite in the common route. But after starting it, I found her character way more clingy than she needed to be and she ended up getting on my nerves (her character backstory wasn't that good either). And then there was Chinami, who I considered the worst girl in the common route, and though I only disliked her a little less after reading her route, I was touched by how well the drama played out in her route. There are also quite a few that say they've grown significantly more fond of Lucia during her route as compared to the common route.

Though I guess it's up to you. :P Just make sure to look up a wiki for any information that might be relevant to another route.

That's fair. For me things other than character quality alone play a part in how much I enjoy a route. The circumstances around it also play a part. As far as Majikoi is concerned, any non-Miyako route has an automatic downside for me as it makes me a little sad Yamato's ignoring her (this was a non-issue in Yoakena for example, as none of the girls really expressed concrete interest in the MC outside of their own route). I'm not a fan of un-requited affection. But if there's enough good in a route I will ignore that. Like Mayucchi's. Extremely endearing character and super fun route with awesome Wakamoto PM. With Chris I'm also not a fan of overprotective parents/friends/aids (at least in stories with romance). She seems to have 2 of those. So in addition to the character herself having 2 of my least fav personality traits (which, granted, where both toned down in Miyako's route); the set up for her route seems like it would annoy me a little. So that's what I took into account before making the decision.

And yeah, I'm used to quickly reading up on things I've dropped.

Oh, and the post above reminds me: I played Clannad. I enjoyed it a lot. Kotomi is best character because theme song. Also, I dropped it. Nagisa is worst character because boredom.

While I like Clannad's music a lot, I really can't stand Kotomi's theme. Now, if you'd said Kyou is best girl because of her theme song, I'd be behind that 100% (except for the part where Kyou is best girl for countless other reasons as well).

While I like Clannad's music a lot, I really can't stand Kotomi's theme. Now, if you'd said Kyou is best girl because of her theme song, I'd be behind that 100% (except for the part where Kyou is best girl for countless other reasons as well).

Clannad OST > Other OSTs.  :wafuu:

Not really, but I really do like the OST for it.

Still playing Aya's route in Akatsuki no Goei. Took a break for a week and sampled a few other VNs for when I finish. I am thinking SubaHibi, Totono, or Houkago no Futekikakusha. We shall see. 

Probably going to be Totono though.

YU-NO is pretty fun. Not very far in the game, but it's getting pretty interesting.

This is without doubt the best VN with shitty jokes that are actually funny. Takuya is a really good protagonist.

I believe that you're using a walkthrough ? Because even if it's great story-wise this might be one of the worst game design I ever seen, even for 1996 it's incredibly redundant if you don't know what to do. :lol:

Still playing Aya's route in Akatsuki no Goei. Took a break for a week and sampled a few other VNs for when I finish. I am thinking SubaHibi, Totono, or Houkago no Futekikakusha. We shall see. 

yes,go for totono~more people need to appreciate the biribiri  :makina:

and speaking of subahibi,i should step it up and finish the first the first chapter already.

This is without doubt the best VN with shitty jokes that are actually funny. Takuya is a really good protagonist.

I believe that you're using a walkthrough ? Because even if it's great story-wise this might be one of the worst game design I ever seen, even for 1996 it's incredibly redundant if you don't know what to do. :lol:

Takuya is pretty cool. I wasn't going to use one, but then I got stuck in the room on the first night.... I'm using one now though.

Higurashi is throwing me for a loop - I thought I would know what arc I am on right away, but tat was before I actually realised this rendition of Higurashi seems to have an actual full-fledged common route. Or does it...? The way things are going, this definitely doesn't seem like any arc I know.

(vague original Higurashi spoiler?)

He returned the doll! What! I was bracing myself for Watanagashi since there was the whole tournament part.... but Keiichi gave the doll back to the shop owner and took cards instead? ARE YOU TROLLING ME SUI?!

:o

Things are going too well, I'm scared. ;_;

Also making slow progress in Ayumi's route in Senshinkan; writing is as awesome as ever, even if it makes me read it really slow and with breaks. :D I think I'm around halfway, or more, through the route.

On another note, also started RuiTomo fandisc mainly to just see the Miya route, and while I enjoy it a lot, Higurahsi kind of came in and got in the way... might have to either stall this one or just finish one route and leave the rest for later. :D

Yes.

and speaking of subahibi,i should step it up and finish the first the first chapter already.

Yes.

(´・ω・`)

Started Steins;Gate yesterday after finishing Majikoi. As you can probably tell by my avatar I really really like it so far. The story is intriguing and the art actually feels like 'art' which is fantastic. Gotta love time travel and scientific theories.

just finished marathoning suzukaze, has been quite a nice game, exactly what i needed (thx clephas).

guess after lots of sleep i´m gonna play something again which is related to celica sylphil & therefore maikaze has to wait a bit longer

I just finished Muv-Luv Alternative.....it was a good read....would recommend it even though reading Extra/unlimited was a pain....almost made me cry....almost...I don't get emotional easily,the fact i didn't cry proves that I don't get emotional easily, but it made me really sad at sometimes, and really made at others....and for the most part, it kept you baited...wondering what is going to happen next....Now I really want to play Altered Fable....shame it isn't translated to English yet...spent 80% of my spring break reading unlimited and Alternative...but it was totally worth it...I would have jumped on the Majikoi bandwagon, but I stayed to finish Muv-Luv,and that decision was totally worth it. i'll jump to Majikoi now, even though spring break is mostly mover, still got a little bit of time left, so I'll get right to it.

Almost finished Sachi's route in GnK.

I'm right before the first proper h-scene (right after blowing up Mihama and Sachi revelation ensues)

Overall, the route was pretty good. Besides Angelic Howl, I liked it a bit more than Amane route. Sachi's character was much more interesting, and the backstory was heartwarming and heartwrenching (lil' Sachi <3), also no inane h-scenes around every corner made everything better. 

I think I was a bit absentminded during a few of Sachi's monologues (that sort of thing grows dull after a while) so the end was not TOO impactful, but the moment she breaks down in tears after pressing the switch was touching. Overall, I liked the route and the character (perfect boob size, for future reference)

As for the VN in general, I like it though it is nothing too amazing. Also, I've encountered a rare phenomenon where there are THREE characters I always listen to the lines of: Principal is cute and has a sweet voice, JB is hot (with the most unfortunate acronym to ever stain an attractive character in this age), and Yumiko is just elegant, I hope there is not much of her "derp" moments in her route, because that's what I hate about her the most and we'll see because I'll be doing her route next. Great VA for sure.

How the everliving fuck did Yuuji get chosen Best Guy on Reddit? I mean, the guy is a cool agent/soldier thing, and can (and will) get shit done, but very often he talks like an ass. A girl confesses her love after needing my help to solve her psychological problem that has plagued her for life? Of course the correct response is 'That a fact'! He is cool, but is very cold and annoying at times. You might use the "background" card here, but those assholic moments really alienate me from the VN as the reader. He is a good protagonist, but not the *best*.

I kinda like how each route ends predictably: "Cure girl from psychological trauma that has caused her problems all her life and got her sent to this school, character development dialogue ensues, cue out-of-place h-scene". It's pleasant, really.