What are you playing?

Sloooowly replaying C;H.

I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that the game still skips the text even when a delusion trigger appears.

I'm trying to check which CG I missed demmit! -_-

It does? The Noah version has an option to stop skipping on delusion triggers, whether you read them already or not. :x Maybe the PC version has a toggle in the options somewhere too?

Just finished Touko's route in CC...kinda saw the ending coming, but oh well.  At least it was better then Misato's route.  That one kinda felt bare, even if it layed the foundation for the others.

What are CC's "best" routes, by the way?  Is there a frontrunner in terms of quality/story, like Amane and Haru's routes from Kajitsu and G-senjou, respectively?

Just finished Touko's route in CC...kinda saw the ending coming, but oh well.  At least it was better then Misato's route.  That one kinda felt bare, even if it layed the foundation for the others.

What are CC's "best" routes, by the way?  Is there a frontrunner in terms of quality/story, like Amane and Haru's routes from Kajitsu and G-senjou, respectively?

Finished Ayase's ending in Chaos;Head. I was honestly kind of putting it off, since I was kind of sick of chuuni characters as of late, but damn, did I judge it wrong. This was possibly the best ending so far; it not only takes the chuuni into the right (read scary denpa :D) direction at first, but it also has a very satisfying conclusion to Ayase's sub-story.

I'll be posting the summary tomorrow, too tired today. 

Because (some of) the routes are interesting. Also I liked the "boring stuff" in the common route. If you don't like slice of life comedy, give up playing most Key games because that's like over half the content.

Well Clannad was awesome, I loved every part of that game and every route but this is nothing like Clannad :/ I'm going to play little busters, so far it looks much more better.

Well Clannad was awesome, I loved every part of that game and every route but this is nothing like Clannad :/ I'm going to play little busters, so far it looks much more better.

I think a lot of my enjoyment of Rewrite's common route hinged on Kotarou's character. He is easily one of the funniest protagonists from any VN I've read. Any interaction with Yoshino is golden.

I think a lot of my enjoyment of Rewrite's common route hinged on Kotarou's character. He is easily one of the funniest protagonists from any VN I've read. Any interaction with Yoshino is golden.

I do think he is funny, the relation he has with Yoshino is very good too and most of the heroines are interesting (I really really like Chihaya) but so far the problem is that most of the time they talk about paranormal things(ghosts, mythical creatures, etc) or plants and that's really not my thing I find it very boring :/

Rewrite is well worth getting through the common route at least once so you can get into one of the heroines' routes. They're quite different from the common route (and they're awesome), so you may find it more to your liking at that point. Chihaya's route is one of the best, IMO, so if you're headed that way anyway, I'd really encourage you to stick with it. And note that while some of the routes don't unlock until you complete others, Chihaya's is available even on your first playthrough.

Little Busters! has vastly more "normal", slice-of-life, high school story going for it than Rewrite though, so if that's more your speed, you certainly can't go wrong with Little Busters!.

Rewrite is well worth getting through the common route at least once so you can get into one of the heroines' routes. They're quite different from the common route (and they're awesome), so you may find it more to your liking at that point. Chihaya's route is one of the best, IMO, so if you're headed that way anyway, I'd really encourage you to stick with it. And note that while some of the routes don't unlock until you complete others, Chihaya's is available even on your first playthrough.

Little Busters! has vastly more "normal", slice-of-life, high school story going for it than Rewrite though, so if that's more your speed, you certainly can't go wrong with Little Busters!.

Does it get any better/different? I hate to drop a vn knowing that it might get good after a few/several hours (like muv luv)

The routes are very different, there's a much bigger difference between common route and heroine routes in Rewrite than the other Key games, it practically turns into a Chuuni VN. Complete tonal shift.

For what its worth, I'd say that Chihaya's route is the worst which is unfortunate, since she was also my favorite heroine. It's such an incredibly cheesy shounen action story. But if you do that first and still aren't turned off, then you'll probably like the rest.

Does it get any better/different? I hate to drop a vn knowing that it might get good after a few/several hours (like muv luv)

I'm trying to avoid spoiling anything here, but yeah, it's hard to express how different the VN you're playing now is from the VN you'll be playing by the end of the common route. For now, try not to worry too much about it, laugh it up with the main characters, make the obvious decisions that'll lead you down a route with the heroine you want to see more of, and trust that the pace and tone will change drastically.