What are you playing?

It's "Temple cum throne room".

And ............ yeah I did know that cum means 'combined' just saying that the way it was used seemed like a second meaning was being implied. You know .......... it could be symbolism perhaps ?

The second meaning wouldn't make any sense (3 nouns stuck together.) It'd be sticking a "naughty" word in the script purely for the sake of having a naughty word there, which would make the translators seem like a bunch of giggling teenagers really. What would the naughty definition of a "temple cum throne room" be?

The second meaning wouldn't make any sense (3 nouns stuck together.) It'd be sticking a "naughty" word in the script purely for the sake of having a naughty word there, which would make the translators seem like a bunch of giggling teenagers really. What would the naughty definition of a "temple cum throne room" be?

You never know ........... or they might have done it just for the lulz

It's probably a direct translation of 兼. We really don't use cum in that way anymore, but 兼 is normal in Japanese. So you could maybe chalk it up to a too-literal translator, and/or an editor that decided it was fine. Which it is, really, just not too usual in English.

I think I'll just go with this explanation for now.

I decided I want to start a new VN (after losing my drive for I/O's last few routes a few weeks ago). Something big, something that'll hook me, something I've been lacking since I finished Umineko back in May or June. 

Katawa Shoujo or Grisaia first?

3...2...1... GO

Edit: I apparently deleted KS some time ago (aka when I was frantically trying to allocate 80 gigs of space for the few minutes for which Wolfenstein TNO's torrent file and the game's data files would coexist in my hard drive)

choice made.

O LA LA, GRISAIA

Finished Kirara's route in Yumina.. the grind is strong with this one. I wanna clear out my backlog after Yumina as I have way too many stalled VNs right now.

I had a mixed impression of Yumina, but I gotta admit the feels at the end of Kirara's route were also real. :kosame: A mix of the music playing at the time, and

her finally breaking down

, had me all choked up.

Just finished chapter 9 in Chaos;Head Noah. Whev, what's this... I think I'm enjoying this way more than my first time through. :D I really do have a weakness for ridiculous plot twists, apparently... it allows for some crazy ideas, and C;H definitely has plenty of those. I might like this VN more than S;G after all, although that one definitely makes much more sense because of how grounded it is - well, at least comparatively to C;H. :P

Just one more chapter left and thenその目だれの目w it's finally time for the new content. :o

You know, I didn't think this was possible, but I may be bad at playing Visual Novels.

I just did my first playthrough of Katawa Shoujo all in one fairly short evening, because I managed to make all the wrong choices and get Kenji's "ending". I was just a couple hours in, and then the credits were rolling...

You know, I didn't think this was possible, but I may be bad at playing Visual Novels.

I just did my first playthrough of Katawa Shoujo all in one fairly short evening, because I managed to make all the wrong choices and get Kenji's "ending". I was just a couple hours in, and then the credits were rolling...

Nonsense, everyone knows Kenji is the true end. :3

Ahahaha - but seriously, it's worth going through at least once for comedic value. Now it's just a case of trial and error.

Just started Katawa Shoujo tonight, despite promising myself I would start Muv-Luv next. I think the icon for Katawa Shoujo was what made the difference; it was too perfect to ignore.

I'm two hours in and loving the common route so far. Kenji is best insane sidekick.

don't use any guide the first time, really don't use them! After your first time then go ahead and use it, the amazing thing about this novel is that in your first try you actually pick the girl that suits you the best.

By the way play muv-luv after that, you will need to spend like 40 hours just to get to the good part but then it really really gets good (like 70 hours of a pure amazing vn, leaving the shitty ending aside :P )

I think I'm about fifteen minutes into the common route of Grisaia no Kajitsu. My first impressions are that it is pretty promising (it's my first primarily romantic VN, not counting nukige). 

I just met Michiru, and while I don't know what's the deal with the protagonist, Amane best girl so far.

Edit: The least thing I expected was

Yuuji calling Michiru out as a tsundere. The rehearsal was a bit "wut" but I really like the protag now. GG Yuuji.

Edit 2: SO MANY UNFORGETTABLE QUOTES

"This woman is trying to disrupt the economy of the shopping district via her tits"

"When students shut themselves up in their room, the only answer is homework or masturbation."

I think I'm about fifteen minutes into the common route of Grisaia no Kajitsu. My first impressions are that it is pretty promising (it's my first primarily romantic VN, not counting nukige). 

I just met Michiru, and while I don't know what's the deal with the protagonist, Amane best girl so far.

Edit: The least thing I expected was

Yuuji calling Michiru out as a tsundere. The rehearsal was a bit "wut" but I really like the protag now. GG Yuuji.

Edit 2: SO MANY UNFORGETTABLE QUOTES

"This woman is trying to disrupt the economy of the shopping district via her tits"

"When students shut themselves up in their room, the only answer is homework or masturbation."

Wait for some of Makina's later lines, she has some of the singular best ones ever.

I just finished My Girlfriend is the President and I had to skip through Yukino's route.  It was so boring, and after checking the FanDisk, I'm glad they picked what are my opinion, the two better of the four routes, hopefully they keep up the shenanigans like in their stories.

Back to Cross Channel which for some reason I stopped after 4 hours in when it was getting really good.  Seriously, I have no clue why I stopped, it was hitting all the right points for me to enjoy a well put together  story. 

How are the new routes?

Haven't gotten to them yet, since they're only accessible on the second playthrough. I'm planning on making a thread with route summaries when I do, though. :)

Michiru's route is by far the best one and next is sachi's, the others are good but non quite as good.

Haha, we have some amazing differences in tastes. :D Well, I guess Michiru's route was still better than Yumiko's at least, but either Amane's or Makina's was my favourite.

Michiru's route is by far the best one and next is sachi's, the others are good but non quite as good.

Can you tell me without spoiling too much if Michiru is getting less "annoying" in her route? :x I'm at the beginning where she is trying to be tsun, while she's actually pretty likable if she is NOT doing it that much. Or when it's clear she is pretending, those times are kinda funny. But when her reactions are tsun without making a "WOW that was actually really convincing >‿< I should remember this line" comment after it, she's kinda annoying to me. Will I see more of her other/real personality in her route?  :o  

Can you tell me without spoiling too much if Michiru is getting less "annoying" in her route? :x I'm at the beginning where she is trying to be tsun, while she's actually pretty likable if she is NOT doing it that much. Or when it's clear she is pretending, those times are kinda funny. But when her reactions are tsun without making a "WOW that was actually really convincing >‿< I should remember this line" comment after it, she's kinda annoying to me. Will I see more of her other/real personality in her route?  :o  

While she gets more interesting, she stays equally dumb - or gets even worse, arguably, since you're suddenly expected to take her as something more than a comic relief character.

But yeah, lets wait for what Sirius has to say, maybe I just hate on Michiru too much. And I might actually be in the minority here. :D

sooo i´m done with my 2nd playthrough of "Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi", seems like shit is gonna start now for real. man this aoi brat is some kind of a bitch, dunno how many times i felt the urge to smack my laptop whilest playing, hope she gets brutally murdered by miyuki in the next playthrough.

edit: though i cannot shake the feeling off, i´m the one who gets transformed to minced meat :/