What are you playing?

As I said, I only watched the C;H anime two years ago, and it sucked so hard I tried to erase it from my memory :P I don't even remember who the protagonist is.

But yeah, it's very possible, considering what happens in S;G 8 bit.

You should read it, it's only like 2-3 hours top.

I finished the Tonya Route in Ayakashibito at the weekend. I like the Tonya itself, she's really cute. The route was good but somehow I found that one not so great like the Touko route. It was a bit to "straightforward" for me and the end was not sooo satisfying. But like I said overall I enjoyed it a lot.

Now I'm aiming for Kaoru. I think I'm already pretty deep in that route.

More from me after that one.

So, I'm finished with Fate/Stay Night for now.  I haven't gotten all of the endings, but I figure I'll save those for a later so I'll have a reason to revisit the VN.  Definitely a great way to get me back into visual novels after a bit of a break.  So should I go ahead and read Hollow Ataraxia, or is it better to give the series some space between titles?   At the very least, I'm probably going to finally get around to watching Fate/Zero first.

So, I'm finished with Fate/Stay Night for now.  I haven't gotten all of the endings, but I figure I'll save those for a later so I'll have a reason to revisit the VN.  Definitely a great way to get me back into visual novels after a bit of a break.  So should I go ahead and read Hollow Ataraxia, or is it better to give the series some space between titles?   At the very least, I'm probably going to finally get around to watching Fate/Zero first.

I recommend continuing with the Fate franchise if you enjoyed it. But I would say you should get all endings in F/SN first. I haven't played Fate Hollow Ataraxia so I don't know if you may spoil yourself playing it. But according to different people it is a fandisc/side stories and such of different characters and a bit of follow up to Heaven's Feel. But that's what I've read. If someone can confirm or deny this it would be appreciated. 

But I do recommend watching Fate/Zero. A great anime in my opinion. It is a good warm-up to the second half of Unlimited Blade Works in April. You can't get enough.

Hmmm...  I probably should be more clear:  I finished all three routes.  But I only got the "true" endings for Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.  In addition to the many bad endings(which I have saves so that I can enjoy them at my leisure), there is also a second "good" ending for UBW and two more endings for HF.  That's what I haven't gotten yet.  

Sort of finished Kami no ue no Mahoutsukai (took a bit over a month).

Non-spoiler thoughts, basically why I liked the game :D

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed a work this much.

This work is much a conceptual novel, which means that the supernatural component is gradually fleshed out, with rules, possibilities, ideas and effects changing and explored at each stage.

This story, because of it’s theme of books and stories playing out, it has little bits of meta here and there. As a conceptual story and slightly meta-work, Kami no ue could have ended up as a story hard to get personally attached.

That is, if not for how Kami no Ue centers much of itself around describing all the character’s different relationships with each other. Past, present, always evolving. The main cast has one of the best multi-way relationships I’ve ever seen, mainly because it’s so detailed and non-MC relationships are given equal weight. I mean, check out the character page on the official site. There’s a story introduction and thoughts for each character…for each character!

The three main heroines of this novel are all very remarkable and utterly steal the stage. The side characters Nagisa and Rio perform their parts. The two minor characters (Kanae and ??) I didn’t really like, but didn’t hurt the experience. Ruri himself ends up being around a side character if you ignore his importance as the lens of the novel. His perspective was essential to showing off the world of the magic books, and two of the three main heriones. He’s actually rather similiar to Nagisa, with the two’s and other parallels between characters being mentioned and used to great effect.

Overall, you can tell the author is quite intelligent. If you think about the things that are happening, the protagonist often acknowledges similiar things. The sub-stories are not ultra-cliche stories to ridicule, they are a catalyst and a matching spirit for each of the characters that invoke them.

The routes are not symmetrical, the existence of the different possibilities are meaningful and beneficial to the story.

There are a few parts which are a bit dull (Kanade sisters and Rio and Kanata’s bubbly personalities), but it’s relatively few.

Things that appear archetype…often have a deeper meaning. There is a twist or two, but over time the main heroines show the true extent of their selves.

There is basically no explicit violence in the novel, no grimdark edginess, and yet the novel still has moments which stab you to the core. The novel is full of despair and tragedy, and yet there also is most definitely happyiness. Characters pursue happiness for each other, pursue their love of another…

The story is a conceptual novel, a tragedy, a story of one girl’s growth, a story of love (and yet not a love story), and a story of three heroines. It is a story of a cast of companions and the evolving relationship between each and every one of them. By the end, among a hundred other things, you might realize, too, that love is a blackened, cruel, detestable, hopeless thing.

===

PS: I thought Kisaki (she’s the one in the title picture) would be my favourite herione by a landslide, but the other girls put on a real showing.

The next game I'm playing's probably going to be Scales of Semiramis. Eek, the menu theme already is setting the mood, part melodic, part calm, part dramatic, part haunting.

Those are two of the longest common routes out there, it's definitely shorter than them, but I recall it being a little bit on the long side. I didn't feel like it outstayed its welcome, though (although I didn't feel that way in grisaia or rewrite, either). 

So I just started Hoshizora no Memoria and I was wondering if anyone has en estimate for how long the common route is. I'm not a huge fan of them but I feel like it's wrong to skip them. Is it as long as Grisaia/Rewrite's or much shorter?

Common route took me like twenty hours to finish reading. You'll be skipping through it a lot in repeated playthroughs in order to finish up all the other routes. Last day of the common route is on

August 17th,

so just keep an eye out for that.

So I just started Hoshizora no Memoria and I was wondering if anyone has en estimate for how long the common route is. I'm not a huge fan of them but I feel like it's wrong to skip them. Is it as long as Grisaia/Rewrite's or much shorter?

It's long, but not as long as Grisaia/Rewrite's common routes.

Although line count isn't everything, to give you a general idea:

• HoshiMemo's common route is 18,749 lines long with routes averaging 5,000-6,000 lines
  • Rewrite's common route has 38,699 lines with routes averaging 9,000-11,000 lines

So far I have finished Aeka's route in Yume Miru Kusuri and probably half way through Mizuka's route. 

They just got back from China... lol... and honestly I haven't taken her route seriously since. Aeka's route I always felt some form of dread in the near future but Mizuka's route is just way to much. Maybe they will go into the drug issue more and this was just the start? Either way that trip to China really fucked he story for me so far.

finally finally finished "princess waltz", wasn´t the big hit - but still somehow satisfying.
although i went freaking nuts several times when the fucking error occured (appcrash after the flames scene in chapter 4) took me great effort to find a way playing the game WITHOUT the solution stated on jast.com where you should play it while pc set to us locale AND therefore many many players got the ugly orange font as a result.

quickest solution is: go regedit and then change the font from "MS ゴシック" to something more common like courier or times, then start the game, skip the scene where it crashes and after it change back to the original font. done

Pretty much done with Littlewitch Romanesque. As far as Sisters: Last Days of Summer goes, I'm not really bothering with it anymore but keeping it on hand.

My attentions are split right now between Baldr Sky Dive1 and BunnyBlack 1 (Both untranslated). I've played Baldr Sky before, and it is basically how I remember it. BunnyBlack is interesting, gameplay is fun enough but going to have to see how the story goes...

After the Tonya route I've finished now the Kaoru route. So only the Suzu ones are ahead of me. Till now I would rate it with an 8 or something like that. There are some parts which really bugging me at this VN. But it's also pretty entertaining. Well, I just will complete it and rate it then.

I finally got around to properly starting a vn.

After wasting a lot of time searching for god knows what, I ended up downloading Demonbane.

Just played through the prologue and it definitely seems promising. 

I had read somewhere that there is a lot of problem regarding the voices and that a patch exists for that. I have the Jast version, and the place I downloaded it from didn't say if it's pre-patched or not, so it would be great if someone could tell about the voices patch.

Another thing I noticed is that the game crashes if you try to skip a lot, it shouldn't be much of a problem though.

The PC version never had voices to begin with. There is a voice patch that adds voices, but it's imperfect, many lines won't have them. Usually it's when a character speaks for multiple lines straight, but it's not entirely consistent. From what I heard, the reason for this is that the only way to automate the process made it so those lines were missing voices, and nobody is willing to put in the work to manually add the correct voice samples for every line (the work would be monumental).

Anyways, here's the voice patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?4713yot211t0k

The PC version never had voices to begin with. There is a voice patch that adds voices, but it's imperfect, many lines won't have them. Usually it's when a character speaks for multiple lines straight, but it's not entirely consistent. From what I heard, the reason for this is that the only way to automate the process made it so those lines were missing voices, and nobody is willing to put in the work to manually add the correct voice samples for every line (the work would be monumental).

Anyways, here's the voice patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?4713yot211t0k

I'm re-reading ef right now during my current quest to play all of the translated Minori games one after the other, now that eden is coming out very soon. Well, there's only going to be three, so it's not a difficult quest. Anyways, I'm on the Chihiro chapter and the production values are really striking. I noticed it a little when I first read it, but it was one of the first VNs I've read so it didn't strike me as too unusual. But man, they really threw a hell of a lot of money into the art budget, didn't they? I also like how every chapter has a different soundtrack befitting its mood. That one Chihiro h-scene probably had as much budget as many entire nukige.

I have to know if the Gremlins reference in the beginning of chapter 4 is in the original script. I mean, freaking Gremlins?? 

Do you perhaps have a torrent for it ?

For some reason, Direct Downloads are much slower on my laptop and they also crash/terminate(give error) a lot.